Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #181
erv1216
Mouseketeer

I LOVE this thread! Loved reading the stories and ideas! I really want to do the grand welcome but it is too much $$$ for me right now! I want to do something for DH 28bday celebration! Any ideas on what we can do that is not so costly???
Old 07-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #182
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentB View Post
Hello,

I'm from Europe and I'll go to disney world next year. I wanted to surprise my gf with a celebration in the room. Do you know if there is a way to arrange that by mail and not by phone? I'd rather not phone. I already tried the contact form from DisneyFlorist.com but with no luck.

Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately, the Dream Makers at the Disney Florist cannot make international phone calls. The system won't allow them to call out that way.

When I was a Dream Maker, I handled several international orders via email. If you send them an email via the website, explain in your email that you want to do an Magical Celebration in-room decor order but you cannot make the international call. Ask them to email you to set up the details. It is a bit more time consuming, but it can be done.
Feralpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #183
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erv1216 View Post
I LOVE this thread! Loved reading the stories and ideas! I really want to do the grand welcome but it is too much $$$ for me right now! I want to do something for DH 28bday celebration! Any ideas on what we can do that is not so costly???
You could always do a balloon bouquet. The minimum order amount for merchandise is $20 plus the $9 delivery fee and tax.
Feralpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #184
Sand
Mouseketeer

Feralpeg?

I love all of your advice! Since you have worked at Disney Florist, what would you recommend that would really add the magic to a WDW vacation? What impressed you?
The in room celebrations seem spectacular! I am looking forward to (and saving for) the Mickey's Big Bday Bash for DH. I think it would be great to reuse the banner and baloons for future birthdays at home. Shhhhh, it is a surprise for DH! It will be an even bigger surprise when he sees the bill!! I am also looking for preschool/toddler add on for DDs. Can I add on the personalized yellow/red blankets from the in-room welcome? There is a blue castle blanket from DisneyStore.com I really like.

What are your favs?

Thank you!!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #185
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

I think I want to order Embrace the Magic for my DH as a surprise. Does anyone (Feralpeg?) have an idea how much it would be to add some Micky Krispie treats? I also LOVE those coconut Mickey heads. Do they sell the 2 packs at WDW? They are hard to find at DL. If they have them, can they be added?

I am excited!!
AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #186
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMermaid View Post
I think I want to order Embrace the Magic for my DH as a surprise. Does anyone (Feralpeg?) have an idea how much it would be to add some Micky Krispie treats? I also LOVE those coconut Mickey heads. Do they sell the 2 packs at WDW? They are hard to find at DL. If they have them, can they be added?

I am excited!!
Hi!
I ordered this gift for DBF on our trip a few weeks ago.... i requested no nut products as he doesn't like them & i'm allergic (!), and they did a great job substituting for other products i'm pretty sure they would add some items for you like that...
ours was: mickey chocolate bars, chip&dale pretzels, gummi bears, mickey shortbread cookies, jelly beans, ghiradelli chocolates.
it was full of treats, lasted the whole vacation & we even brought some of it back home with us! and the mickey plush toy is soo cute & really soft fur

Barbie
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #187
tinkerbell1967
DIS Veteran

How far in advance do you need to order?
November 2000-Coronado Springs
October 2002-Offsite
August 2003-All Star Movies
August 2004-Offsite
December 2007-Port Orleans Riverside
October 2008-All Star Music
August 2009-Pop Century
October 2009-Vistana -Springs
October 2011-Vistana-Courts
October 2012-Vistana -Courts
March 2013-Vistana Village
October 2013-Vistana -Courts
May 2014- Disney Land
tinkerbell1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #188
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

i'm still waiting for my email back from them i sent it over two months ago and can't even remember what i sent it about now!

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #189
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegRaeWhay View Post
I ordered the "He be a Pirate" basket of beer for my husband last year for our anniversary. It was expensive but he loved it.
You don't happen to have any pictures of this do you?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #190
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
I ordered a few more (!) DF gift baskets to my order last week... and the DF only charge the $9 delivery charge once, which I think is really good, as they are now delivering 5 gifts to the Yacht Club for me!!

Also, I ordered the 'Embrace the Magic' for DBF - he can't eat nut products, and the CM (peggy) made a note so that his basket will be made with no candies containing nuts

This is a pic of the 'He be a Pirate' gift, with added princess items (delivered to SSR last October... it was fantastic!!)

Barbie

Do you care to tell me how much this one was?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #191
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

My daughter turns 13 a couple to weeks before we go. I would like to do something special for her although I don't want to spend a fortune. I don't really want flowers or balloons, I want something that will last. Any suggestions?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #192
praline3001
DIS Veteran

We did it for my son and it was ADORABLE! I took tons and tons of photos BUT I am working on my photos in chronological order as I have 10,000 photos for our 10 day stay

Good news is the in room Birthday decorating is on day 2 of our trip ...bad news is after 3 days I am still not done with day 1

Just back from another wonderful trip!
praline3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:21 PM   #193
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

I really want to do the in-room celebration Mickey & Pals Big Bday Wish for my DH's 31st bday this September.... it is just soooooo much $$$$$! I wish someone would post some pics of this package and what is now inside the gifts!! Help me to decide on whether or not its worth the money! I LOVE doing surprises like this to make our Disney vacation even more magical and memorable! For our honeymoon 2 years ago, I had personalized menus and a diver hold up a sign at Coral Reef, and last year for our 1-year anniversary, had a cake ordered at 1900 Park Fare! This seems like the perfect way to TOP the last 2 years surprises! How much in advance do I have to book this? Has anyone done the smaller Mickey package? Wondering if it is worth the extra $200 to order the bigger package! Thanks for any info!!!
September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:32 AM   #194
LaurentB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
Unfortunately, the Dream Makers at the Disney Florist cannot make international phone calls. The system won't allow them to call out that way.

When I was a Dream Maker, I handled several international orders via email. If you send them an email via the website, explain in your email that you want to do an Magical Celebration in-room decor order but you cannot make the international call. Ask them to email you to set up the details. It is a bit more time consuming, but it can be done.
Thanks for you help. I will send them an email. How far in advance do you think I should contact them?
LaurentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:28 AM   #195
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI, when I emailed, I never received a response back, so I would start now. For those non internationals, just call and talk to someone! They are great about answering questions!
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: