Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #151
snookie5605
Mouseketeer

we just got back yesterday and we got the mickeys welcome for my niece and it was beautiful. we actually got a lot more than we thought. i dont know if they ran out of the balloons and the sign that go on the wall or what, because she had 3 real balloons there and a floral arrangement with a congratulations balloon on it. it was all so nice! it cost us $222! we also got a basket from memoriesbybetsy and that was beautiful too. i will post pics as soon as i get them online

snookie5605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #152
tarak
DIS Veteran

I'm plotting the Grand Welcome for my mom and kids - I called to ask about an extra blanket with my mom's name on it and an extra autograph book so the girls each have one. In case anyone is interested, the extra blanket is $35, plus $8 for the embroidery. The extra autograph book is $10.95. Since DS is staying home with my husband, I figure he can have the giant Mickey. We're staying at the AKL, and it looks like they switch out the mylar balloons for a tote bag, which suits me just fine. But I'm going to wait until September to order in case the package changes between now and then.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #153
praline3001
DIS Veteran

I have the Grand Birthday package booked for our trip in 9 days. I am planning on taking lots of photos so watch for them in the next couple of weeks!

I still have not seen any photos anywhere of this package!

Just back from another wonderful trip!
praline3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #154
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praline3001 View Post
I have the Grand Birthday package booked for our trip in 9 days. I am planning on taking lots of photos so watch for them in the next couple of weeks!

I still have not seen any photos anywhere of this package!
I'm looking forward to your photos! I've only seen the stock photos on the disney florist website.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #155
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
I'm looking forward to your photos! I've only seen the stock photos on the disney florist website.
same here but when I talked to the florist it sounds ADORABLE so I am going to give it a whirl!

It has a cake/toys and most junk my kid would most likely buy in the parks anyway

Old 07-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #156
tarak
DIS Veteran

praline3001 - I found this thread that someone linked to earlier. There are pictures posted of the packages and a description of the contents, but I guess those have changed in the interim. The packaging looks very nice. I'll probably stick with the grand welcome, but I'm very curious to see what you get. My younger daughter has a birthday a few days after we leave. But I'd likely end up with the older daughter bitter because she didn't get an Unbirthday gift!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2069151&page=2
Old 07-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #157
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
praline3001 - I found this thread that someone linked to earlier. There are pictures posted of the packages and a description of the contents, but I guess those have changed in the interim. The packaging looks very nice. I'll probably stick with the grand welcome, but I'm very curious to see what you get. My younger daughter has a birthday a few days after we leave. But I'd likely end up with the older daughter bitter because she didn't get an Unbirthday gift!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2069151&page=2
I saw that but those only show the boxes...not what is inside

Old 07-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #158
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I saw that but those only show the boxes...not what is inside
True - but the boxes look nice
I wonder how often they change up the contents - I liked the "old" box for Goofy better than the list for the new one. But then I don't like taffy.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #159
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
True - but the boxes look nice
I wonder how often they change up the contents - I liked the "old" box for Goofy better than the list for the new one. But then I don't like taffy.
Hopefully they didn't change it and I get what I paid for
I would have to call and complain if we open the boxes and what we were quoted was not in there

Old 07-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #160
skywaywaver
DIS Veteran

In February I ordered something for my parents' when they went for their anniversary. I don't remember what it was called but it was a really nice canvas Mickey tote (rather large) filled with snacks and other things...maybe mugs too? They loved it and it was delivered when I asked. So, I didn't get to experience the service but it did work out very well doing it for somebody else who was vacationing. I highly recommend it - even though it's not cheap, you get a lot for your money.
This time, I may hint to DH that a nice surprise would be wonderful considering we're somewhat celebrating my 30th birthday.

GOH Disney Village Resort 06/89; Port Orleans 2/96; ASMusic 8/98 & 8/01; ASMovies 10/03; OKW 10/04; WL 10/05; Poly/OKW 12/07; BLT/Poly 1/10; VWL 11/10; OKW 8/11; BWV 8/12; OKW 8/14
skywaywaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #161
erinbee
Mouseketeer

I got the Grand Welcome in March. Here are some photos - the best photos are on my sisters camera that she has yet to upload (grr)

You can see the banner on the doors, the Mickey, and the "cookie" arrangement that was actually chocolate covered rice crispy treats that spelled out welcome. It was inside a Popcorn bucket set that included 1 large bucket and 4 small ones.

The box was the box in the stock photos and had the mickey hands, a photo album (the 2009 blue one), and the Hidden Mickey book.

I don't have a photo of the autograph book and pen, or frame. It was exactly as expected.

The Big Mickey feet on the carpet were a lot of fun, as was the Mickey head "confetti" (big confetti, easy to clean up). You can sort of see them down the center of this picture.

The Tinkerbell on the door was a big hit, though it does change colors and will illuminate your room at night. (Which my DH who likes it pitch black didn't love)

There were some balloons as well. I believe one was a Mickey head, though I didn't take a pic and I can't remember exactly

The blanket was not in our room when we arrived. Someone brought it later, and that was fine. (DD sleeps with it every night now)

Overall, would I do it again.... maybe. Especially if I there were more "themed" in room celebrations available. Nemo or something playhouse disney would have been a big hit with DD.

Mom to Pickle (2) , DH

5 Childhood Visits
May 1995 - All Star Music
July 1998 - Offsite
June 1999 - All Star Movies
June 2005 - POP Century
March 2009 - Beach Club

Last edited by erinbee; 07-08-2009 at 04:23 PM.
erinbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #162
leilaandjamilsmom
Earning My Ears

can't wait to see more pics from everyone. I have had a hard time also finding actual pictures not stock. I ordered the grand welcome for my family for july 28th plus tons of add ons, I can't wait. I am worried that i got too much stuff, but hey we're in disney right?! and I also thought that the things were things the kids would be asking for anyways so. I'm excited and trust me the second I get home on august 4th I will post tons of pics of the room before and after! promise!
leilaandjamilsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #163
leilaandjamilsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hopefully they didn't change it and I get what I paid for
I would have to call and complain if we open the boxes and what we were quoted was not in there
I ordered the grand welcome package for my family trip july 28th, but I ordered it back in february, the package did change so hopefully it doesn't again, i liked the old package better!!!
leilaandjamilsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:22 AM   #164
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

I think txsoccermom ran into this, it changed after she ordered it, and she wasn't as happy with the "upgrade", but in the end the kids love it. If you are worried about it, wait until just a bit before.

This seems to be a fairly new offering, and they are tweaking as they go... I know the stock pics show a balloon clingy thing, but it is mylar balloons instead.
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #165
tarak
DIS Veteran

erinbee - doesn't your sister understand we need to see the pictures? JK. thanks for posting yours!
This is sad, but I'm just hoping they don't take out the rice krispy treats between now and September. I became addicted to those things the last time we were at Disney - I used the last of our snack credits on them before flying home.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: