Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #151
KittyKat08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
I'm sorry that your excursion got cancelled I know you were looking forward to it. Hoping you liked Atlantis--I've only seen it from the air--after we flew out of Fort Lauderdale, we headed out that way to come home--at least I think it was Atlantis

Looking forward to more pictures and TR
Yeah the excursion being cancelled was a real bummer, but now you are beginning to see why this TR is called what it is.

Atlantis was okay, it's just so huge and walking around without a real plan of attack can get very tireing very fast. If I ever go back again it will be a shore excursion or I will be staying there. (like that will ever happen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha&Matt View Post
Loving the report Kat abfab sweetie looking forward to reading more and loveeeeeeeeeeeee the piccys btw loved the wedding pics
Thank you! I have tons more photos coming up so stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceys_h0ney View Post
I have never understood why people flee from water like a pack of people hungry sharks are coming when it rains. It is nice to enjoy the entire pool/ocean to yourself when this happens though.

Pics are beautiful from your beach day!
Yeah it was really funny and I was beginning to think we were weird for staying in the water. The beach was empty after that happened and so it was really nice.

Quote:
As usual I'm loving your pictures. That's pretty funny about people getting out of the water if it's raining Oh well, what can you do? And I love the ship...I'm hoping we get to take a Disney Cruise soon.
I hope you get to take a Disney cruise soon too, and then I can't wait to hear all about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
Awesome review. Can't wait for more.

Sorry you were so sick.
So glad your enjoying it. It was a bummer being sick but thankfully I was feeling better during the cruise portion.

Hopefully I will be able to update tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Sounds like you had a great time even with some disappointments thrown in. I may have to check into a cruise. You're making it sound like a lot of fun. And the pics are great.
We did have a great time indeed but there was a reason this TR has the title it does. Ya know the saying, What doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? I swear DH and I put our marriage to the test on our honeymoon and we came out of it just fine and are able to laugh about everything.

I do hope you end up going on the cruise, it is fantastic and you will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
great updates, sorry about the cancellation, but hey it gives you a reason to go back right? it is hilarious about the people running for shelter from the rain... the same thing happened when we were vacationing in the bahamas, we just laughed at them and kept swimming... i cant wait to see what your tablemates are like when you get to the dining room. looking forward to more updates
It sure does give us a reason to go back and we are! Already booked for October 2010 but more on that later.

It was very funny watching the people on the beach literely run for there lives when the rain hit. At one point I was doubled over laughing so hard. Ah, gotta love it!

I was scared to meet our tablemates and our servers after missing the two dinners, that was half the cruise already. I had all sorts of horrible things running through my head about what they could be thinking. Can you say overreact much?

Hope to get an update done today at some point, thanks for hanging in there and reading along.

From about 1979 till now Disneyland all the time!
2008 First trip to Walt Disney World, POFQ & offsite
2008 First DCL trip on the Disney Wonder

My Honeymoon TR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2054154

Thanks pamouselover
Old 02-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #152
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

I'd like to visit Atlantis too---but like you said, that will probably never happen. Oh well it's fine with me. I'd much rather spend the money to visit WDW I'd have more fun too. As for the cruise, we might to that next year--or after I'm done with school!! So we'll see..I'm pretty young and have a lot of time left.

I can't wait for more pictures and I just love reading about your trip.

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #153
Melknor
Mouseketeer

Love your review! I hope to be able to take a Disney cruise with the family one of these years.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #154
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

I am loving your trip report! I just wanted to tell you that (cause I'm only on page 4 right now ).

Also, and I don't know if this has been asked yet, but why did you drive to the parks? Were you boycotting Disney transportation?

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old 02-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #155
NeverlandClub23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat08 View Post
I was also very happy to notice that the entire room of people did not recite the beginning ride part. I can't stand when people do that, it ruins the experience for other people, they are always doing it at Disneyland and I just want to punch them in the face.

I agree!! Sometimes they do this at WDW too. It drives me crazy as well. Or you get the people (usually grown adults ) that just scream and say things to scare other people but then no one gets to hear what the guy is saying. It irritates me especially when I'm with someone who's never been on it before and they're asking me what the speaker is saying.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #156
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

i have another trip report that i am addicted to! great! can't wait for more

Back from Oct 2014 trip...Where we were engaged, and brother and fiance were too!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #157
janiejake
Mouseketeer

More, More!! Enjoying every tidbit. Especially enjoyed your descriptions and photos of Paradise Island~~haven't been there for 25+ years...(now I am dating myself, lol). I'm glad I had much younger legs to walk around on. It did not seem bad at all back then. It was beautiful then, and that was before all this extra development of hotel humungioso. I'd love to see it again. A good excuse to talk dh into a cruise...

šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš
Past visits:78,81,90,92,96,97(all off site), 5/99DxL, 2/00DxL,3/00DxL&CSR,3/03POR&Swan,12/03POR, 1/06POR, 3/09 POR, 3/11 POR 1/12 POR/POFQ 12/31/14-01/02/151/13 ASSp
Old 02-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #158
KittyKat08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melknor View Post
Love your review! I hope to be able to take a Disney cruise with the family one of these years.
Thank you, I'm thrilled to see more people leaving comments.

I'm sending lotsa pixie dust your way that you and your family will enjoy a Disney Cruise soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
I am loving your trip report! I just wanted to tell you that (cause I'm only on page 4 right now ).

Also, and I don't know if this has been asked yet, but why did you drive to the parks? Were you boycotting Disney transportation?

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS!!
Quote:
I agree!! Sometimes they do this at WDW too. It drives me crazy as well. Or you get the people (usually grown adults ) that just scream and say things to scare other people but then no one gets to hear what the guy is saying. It irritates me especially when I'm with someone who's never been on it before and they're asking me what the speaker is saying.
And thank you! You have alot of catching up to do (Page 4) I'm so glad you like what you have read so far!

As for driving to the parks, well DH and I decided when we planned the trip that a rental car would be our best option because we also stayed off Disney property for a bit and we also liked the freedom a rental gives you. We like to explore and sight see and you can't do that with Disney transportation. We are the kind of people who like to come and go as we please at the exact moment we decide to so in a way we kinda boycotted Disney transportation and I don't think on any of our return trips we will use it either. For us renting a car is the way to go. Oh and let me tell you what a delight it was not having to stand with the crowds at the end of the day waiting for a bus back to your resort and hoping you would get on that one.

I'm thrilled that you don't like when people recite the words on rides either, I thought I was the only one being bratty about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*lil*bit*goofy View Post
i have another trip report that i am addicted to! great! can't wait for more
Yay for your addiction!

So glad to have you onboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiejake View Post
More, More!! Enjoying every tidbit. Especially enjoyed your descriptions and photos of Paradise Island~~haven't been there for 25+ years...(now I am dating myself, lol). I'm glad I had much younger legs to walk around on. It did not seem bad at all back then. It was beautiful then, and that was before all this extra development of hotel humungioso. I'd love to see it again. A good excuse to talk dh into a cruise...
Patience is a virtue ya know.

Younger legs would have been much help but I did realize that I need to start working out otherwise I just might die on our return trip. I have to get my body in Disney World shape!

Try talking your DH into the 4 day cruise on Oct 31, 2010, then we could meet up and say HI

Thanks pamouselover
Old 02-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #159
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

I can't stand when people recite the words to HM...drives me CRAZY..But I am SOOOO loving your TR!!! Can't wait to see more but I know you're busy..so take your time.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #160
NeverlandClub23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat08 View Post

I fell in love with the little train setup they had, I thought it was really cute and took lots of pictures of it.

Then I fell in love with this sign and I asked everybody around DH and I if they would take a picture of us under it and would you believe nobody would and most of the people I asked just ignored me. Talk about crabby people. I gave up finally and just took a picture of it.
Ok, now I'm on page 5 (and I do have to comment on everything, sorry! ). I love the train setup! One of my favorite memories is from our last trip (which happened to be the week after you were there) just standing there for almost 2 hours watching the little lizards all over the train track. We were laughing like crazy people at the lizards standing on the track like they were playing chicken with the train.

I can't believe no one would take your picture! What is wrong with people?!?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #161
KittyKat08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I can't stand when people recite the words to HM...drives me CRAZY..But I am SOOOO loving your TR!!! Can't wait to see more but I know you're busy..so take your time.
Yeah it is annoying as heck when they do that but I just give them the evil eye and most of the time they get the hint.

I'm working on an installment now for you guys so hang tight.

Quote:
Ok, now I'm on page 5 (and I do have to comment on everything, sorry! ). I love the train setup! One of my favorite memories is from our last trip (which happened to be the week after you were there) just standing there for almost 2 hours watching the little lizards all over the train track. We were laughing like crazy people at the lizards standing on the track like they were playing chicken with the train.

I can't believe no one would take your picture! What is wrong with people?!?
Yeah I would have stayed there alot longer but it was getting really crowded so we took off and I have no idea what was wrong with everybody around us at that moment. I blame it on the heat and over eating and drinking that made people really crabby.

The lizards are great in the little train city. My DH had me laughing because at one point a lizard climbed on top of a building and he was yelling "Godzilla" What a dork!

Thanks pamouselover
Old 02-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #162
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

It took a while, but I think I'm finally all caught up. Great updates and love all the photos. Can't wait to see what adventures are awaiting on Castaway Cay.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #163
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The lizards are great in the little train city. My DH had me laughing because at one point a lizard climbed on top of a building and he was yelling "Godzilla" What a dork!
This was me after reading this.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #164
KittyKat08
Mouseketeer

All aboard the Disney Wonder! Castaway Cay!

Okay so today was the day I was looking forward to most.

CASTAWAY CAY!

We didn't have any type of shore excursions planned because we figured it would be our down day to just relax on the beach and enjoy the environment. Because of this we slept in for a bit and finally headed out at around 9am to get something to eat before getting on the island.

When we arrived up on deck 9 and I got my first glimpse of Castaway Cay all that kept coming out of my mouth was OMG, OMG, OMG, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL, SIMPLY GORGEOUS. I felt like I was looking at a real life postcard. We momentarily forgot about eating and started taking pictures instead.

http://

So we ate a really quick breakfast because I was going crazy wanting to get on the island. I didn't even get any pictures of our food because I was dancing around in my seat all hyper.

Finally we get off the ship and the insane picture taking begins. I know you guys said you wanted lots of photos, well here ya go.

The first picture was of the Castaway Cay post office who happened to have Pluto standing in front of it. We didn't attempt to get photos with any of the characters on the ship or the island on this trip, it was always just a mad house and there didn't seem to ever be any type of order to it. O'well something else to do on our return trip!

And of course we have like a thousand photos of the Flying Dutchman.

This is one of DH artsy shots. I must admit it came out pretty cool looking.

Continued.......

Thanks pamouselover
Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #165
Disneyfan71

YAY more pictures!!! You know me..I love the pictures. But these are outstanding Kat!! I mean it---you have done an excellent job at them. Maybe one day we'll be able to take that cruise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: