Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #691
MKBekka
Mouseketeer

Wow, that tie-died cake looks SUPREMELY good, I love to bake, but we can't get the right stuff for that here, next time you go, you'll have to eat a piece for me!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #692
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. The King View Post
Biscuit!! I hope you tried that chicken crusted in wonderfulness.. I still have dreams about that bad boy.

You girls are beautiful. You had a nice size clan with you. I love that you were crying about taking a nap. That made me LOL.

That cheesecake made me lick my computer screen.

That little splash park from your beawesome balcony looks new.

Welcome back to the real world my friend. Wasn't Mickey's place divine?
WELCOME BACK MTK! I kept an eye out for your guys, but alas, no luck. That cheesecake was definitely scrum-diddly-umptious. The World was all that and more. Now I'm gonna go subscribe to your TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpratt View Post
Another great update!

Sunnie RN - where are you? Mr. Spratt and I are in Htown, and The Bueller Family is in Austin!

Oh GB, any fireworks palns today?

Happy fourth of July! (She says from work....)
We'll only see fireworks if Fort Hood shoots them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
See I did not know this. That litl ebit of info is being marked into the notebook
It'll save you some frustration, that's for sure.

Quote:
I had different flatbreads several times last year. They were yummy!
It certainly looked good. I had a case of "I wish I'd took that!"

Quote:
Oh no. Hope it was okay!
Well...not exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Loved the excursion to the food court, GB. Very funny update. I love the chicken mediterranian flatbread there too
Hey BSG. I would definitely go that way next time. It looked mighty fine.

Quote:
I worked at POP for 15 months (well, in Finance). I loved to drive over to get the Adult breakfast platter for brunch too.
How COOL! I kept and eye out for a Marita nametag, but alas never came across one.

Quote:
Sure hope that Tracy's foot got better
Well, lets just say it makes for an interesting evening.

MKBeka - it shows you posted, but for some reason I can't see it. If it shows up, I'll catch you in a new reply.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Last edited by GreatBiscuit; 07-06-2009 at 04:08 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #693
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKBekka View Post
Wow, that tie-died cake looks SUPREMELY good, I love to bake, but we can't get the right stuff for that here, next time you go, you'll have to eat a piece for me!
Now I see you! It was some awesomly good stuff. I gotta say, I'm not normally a dessert eater, but when we were on Disney Dining, they were all so good, that I ate every single one of them.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Last edited by GreatBiscuit; 07-04-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #694
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
We are in the massive metroplex of Cove/Killeen/Heights & Hood.

Glad to have you aboard! Always good to have a kindred Dis spirit following along!

Thanks! It was awesome seeing the world through their eyes. BTW - you made Nana's day!
Wow, it really is "A Small World After All"!!! My front yard is in Killeen and my back yard is in Harker Heights and I work at Metroplex!! How is that for a coincidence!! I will be working tonight on the second or 5th floor, so may be able to peek out at the fireworks!

Great update!! I hope tears turned to smiles and feet healed too!!! As for making Nana's day, she sounds like the best!!!! Looking forward to more, and I am loving your pictures, WOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpratt View Post
Another great update!

Sunnie RN - where are you? Mr. Spratt and I are in Htown, and The Bueller Family is in Austin!

Oh GB, any fireworks palns today?

Happy fourth of July! (She says from work....)
You are the best Aunt!! I am loving your trip report and hope you get to go on their next trip with them!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 02:09 AM   #695
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Wow, it really is "A Small World After All"!!! My front yard is in Killeen and my back yard is in Harker Heights and I work at Metroplex!! How is that for a coincidence!! I will be working tonight on the second or 5th floor, so may be able to peek out at the fireworks!

Great update!! I hope tears turned to smiles and feet healed too!!! As for making Nana's day, she sounds like the best!!!! Looking forward to more, and I am loving your pictures, WOW!!
That's cool! I live about a mile from metroplex. The firworks were good, but its hard to compare when you've just come back from Disney!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #696
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
It was actually a free download from Microsoft. (Shocker I know!) It’s designed for Vista, and is pretty easy to use. To create a panoramic photo, you launch the software, pull up the folder, highlight the pics, right click, and select Create Panoramic Photo. The one drawback is when it comes to cleanup. Once you stitch the photos together, you have to crop out the edges. On larger pics, Windows Live Photo errors out so you have to use a secondary editing app. I used MS Office Photo Manager and it worked like a dream.

Thanks! A fellow never can tell how toilet commentary will be received.

So far it’s one of my favs! I still have 18 rolls of film that are yet to be developed.

It actually worked out very well….eventually.
Oooh, too bad for me...I'm still an XP user. Is Windows 8 out yet? Once it's out, I might upgrade to Vista. I just don't trust the current OS'.

18 more rolls of film! Holy smokes! Are you planning on going digital anytime soon? There is a certain quality to film that digital is completely absent of. I feel you get more emotion from film...

Glad to hear the bags deal worked out...eventually.

Quote:

(Sony Cybershot DSC-S700, Auto Mode)

You are going to post these on the Food Pictures thread right?? They are great shots!

I love the picture of the girls eating too-adorable. I hope Tracy's foot gets better... and VERY smart planning on getting the girls to nap!

about you sneaking out while you forced the kids to nap!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #697
topdog
DIS Veteran

Whew!! I finally made it.

I only manage to caught up with the recent trip. I always want one of those Disney toilet for my house. Not sure the plumbing can handle the pressure thought since I don't even have public sewer system.

I dig the panorama shot.

I like to see how the kids got so excited when they get to Disney. They had a glow on their faces. Your are no exception.

A Nikon N60. Good choice. Maybe I need to dust my FM and bring it out of retirement. Which film did you use? Now that Kodak discontinue Kodakchrome.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #698
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I'm late to the party, I mean grand adventure, but I'm in!

Love the tie dye cheesecake!

We have 2 of those toilets in our house. If memory serves the slogan at the time we bought them was "you can flush 7 golf balls down without clogging!".

Now. Why one would want to flush 7 golf balls down a toilet I've no idea but given that my youngest once took out our entire system with a glow in the dark eyeball ball (wanting, of course, to see if it would glow "down there"), when we moved I took the new toilets seriously.

I only wish I had more of them. 4 kids, lots of guests...nary a clog. Or at least nary a clog in those SO LOUD THEY SCARE YOU TO DEATH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT and might take you down with them, toilets.

Off to backtrack to your prequel! You have a lovely family.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:53 AM   #699
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oooh, too bad for me...I'm still an XP user. Is Windows 8 out yet? Once it's out, I might upgrade to Vista. I just don't trust the current OS'.
Gotcha! I wound up with Vista when I had to replace my laptop. It's not as bad as I thought it would.

Quote:
18 more rolls of film! Holy smokes! Are you planning on going digital anytime soon? There is a certain quality to film that digital is completely absent of. I feel you get more emotion from film...
Our digital point and shoot is as advanced as I'll be getting for a while. Our home AC unit burned out and we had to replace all 4 tires on Tracy's car the week we left for WDW.

Quote:
You are going to post these on the Food Pictures thread right?? They are great shots!
Probably, once I get them all together for the trip.

Quote:
about you sneaking out while you forced the kids to nap!
There was NO WAY I was going to sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Whew!! I finally made it.
Welcome back!

Quote:
I only manage to caught up with the recent trip. I always want one of those Disney toilet for my house. Not sure the plumbing can handle the pressure thought since I don't even have public sewer system.
I hear you. I'd be totally digging one of those!

Quote:
I dig the panorama shot.
Thanks!

Quote:
I like to see how the kids got so excited when they get to Disney. They had a glow on their faces. Your are no exception.
They were beaming all week!

Quote:
A Nikon N60. Good choice. Maybe I need to dust my FM and bring it out of retirement. Which film did you use? Now that Kodak discontinue Kodakchrome.
The only film I could find was Fuji. One of the stores here was going all digital so they had their 5 roll packs on sale for $2.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm late to the party, I mean grand adventure, but I'm in!
Glad to have you aboard!

Quote:
Love the tie dye cheesecake!
It was TOO good!

Quote:
We have 2 of those toilets in our house. If memory serves the slogan at the time we bought them was "you can flush 7 golf balls down without clogging!".

Now. Why one would want to flush 7 golf balls down a toilet I've no idea but given that my youngest once took out our entire system with a glow in the dark eyeball ball (wanting, of course, to see if it would glow "down there"), when we moved I took the new toilets seriously.

I only wish I had more of them. 4 kids, lots of guests...nary a clog. Or at least nary a clog in those SO LOUD THEY SCARE YOU TO DEATH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT and might take you down with them, toilets.
That is TOO awesome! See, I could never have a toilet that made that claim because I would feel compelled to prove it. It would gnaw at me until I put it to the test.

Quote:
Off to backtrack to your prequel! You have a lovely family.
Thanks!

Old 07-06-2009, 06:04 AM   #700
MKBekka
Mouseketeer

Now that's cool...our toilet is just the opposite. In fact, my DD is replacing our tiolet today because it blew a hole in the back of it. We definitly need a Disney tiolet!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #701
Normangirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She rang us up and then said “Congratulations! You are now officially a member of the Mickey Dining Club!” WOOOHOOOO! Do I get a hat or something?

No, but I hear you can get a button to "celebrate" it.

What will YOU celebrate? Cheesecake, baby!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #702
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

Great update, GB.

I'm not a cheesecake girl, but that tie-dyed cheesecake does look, well, interesting!

The girls do look so excited. Big time kudos on getting them to nap. I'm sure that was much appreciated by all later in the day!

Borg on the 4 new tires, by the way. We are going away (NOT to the World) next week, and I've managed to drop about $2,000 on various and sundry things over the past two weeks. Not the best timing, I fear.....

Keep the fun coming!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #703
Wish_I_Was_At_WDW
Mouseketeer

The cheesecake at Pop is worth a trip in itself!

Another great update!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #704
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKBekka View Post
Now that's cool...our toilet is just the opposite. In fact, my DD is replacing our tiolet today because it blew a hole in the back of it. We definitly need a Disney tiolet!
HOLY COW! I'd hate to know what food was comsumed that resulted in a hole being blown out the back of the commode! Sounds like a hole in the wall restaurant here in town. Their food is great, but the last time I ate there, I woke up the next morning and farted so hard it scared the dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normangirls View Post
No, but I hear you can get a button to "celebrate" it.

What will YOU celebrate? Cheesecake, baby!
Now that is a dish worthy of celebration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshClan View Post
Great update, GB.

I'm not a cheesecake girl, but that tie-dyed cheesecake does look, well, interesting!
It was definitely scrumptious.

Quote:
The girls do look so excited. Big time kudos on getting them to nap. I'm sure that was much appreciated by all later in the day!
Trust me it came in handy.

Quote:
Borg on the 4 new tires, by the way. We are going away (NOT to the World) next week, and I've managed to drop about $2,000 on various and sundry things over the past two weeks. Not the best timing, I fear.....
DOH! That stinketh! Gotta hate those types of things. Just makes you shake you head and go "I could have upgraded my resort with that!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish_I_Was_At_WDW View Post
The cheesecake at Pop is worth a trip in itself!
It was definitely a great introduction to Disney Dining.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #705
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
That is TOO awesome! See, I could never have a toilet that made that claim because I would feel compelled to prove it. It would gnaw at me until I put it to the test.
That's what the 4 kids are for After the glow in the dark eyeball ball clog (which required a plumber to go on our ROOF to get it out of the stack....5 hours later) I have no such compulsion.

When we bought it there was one model, and it was pretty basic looking and...LOUD. Now there is a whole line, some of them very pretty. Of course our "pretty" toilet (and yes, there is such a thing) in the powder room is of the "clog if you look at it wrong" variety.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: