Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #91
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Thanks for sharing your reviews with us! Looking forward to the next set.
Good to know that people enjoy what I am writing! I will post a link here for the new review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventamy View Post
I had the tuna oscar last week (Wednesday) and really LOVED it! It was absolutely amazing. My DH agreed and wished he had ordered it instead of his strip steak. Maybe they've improved it since you were there!
That's great to hear that you had such a wonderful meal at Kona! Perhaps I will give it a second chance. I recently read that the Michelin guide tests every restaurant at least seven times before they decide to change the number of stars they give it. So I guess, I should give the dish at least a second chance, even though I can't see me trying it seven times if I don't like it by the third time!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #92
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

That's great to hear that you had such a wonderful meal at Kona! Perhaps I will give it a second chance. I recently read that the Michelin guide tests every restaurant at least seven times before they decide to change the number of stars they give it. So I guess, I should give the dish at least a second chance, even though I can't see me trying it seven times if I don't like it by the third time!!
DH & I had the Tuna Oscar two years ago and it was our worst meal of the trip. That was the second year in a row that KONA disappointed us. There's TOO many other restaurants for us to try before we'd go back there.
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #93
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reviews! They were great.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Donald is #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #94
BreTyPres87
Mouseketeer

Great reviews! I only have a few of the ts meals for my ADR -ive run out of days before I even get there! but I love reading them all and you took some great pictures

Last trip June 2010
Read my DxDDP Dining Report Here

Next trip is in the works for Winter 2014
BreTyPres87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #95
skellingtonfreak
Disney is my life...you have a problem with that?

Thank you so much for the reviews. I truly enjoyed reading all of them, and I have gotten some great ideas about what to try at the restaurants you went to.

thanks!
skellingtonfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #96
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Oh yes, this was a wonderful review, lots of good tips like splittin' appetizers and such.
The pictures are delicious, lookin' forward to part 2.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #97
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
YUMMY! I was planning to order this when we go. I'm so glad to see it looks SO GOOD!!!!!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #98
Disneymom3304
Planning our next Disney Vacation...

I just happened upon your story today and loved it! Thank you so much for all the time you put into the details of your reviews. I have been a handful of times now and never thought of splitting the apps. or meals, what a great idea! Can't wait to read the reviews from your latest trip. Thanks again!!!
Disneymom3304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #99
iluvpluto27
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your reviews and pics. I really enjoyed reading them, and that chocolate covered cherry drink looks delicious!

Sept 2005 - ASMU
Sept 2007 - POFQ/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2008 - AKL/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2009 - SSR/BWI/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2011 - BC/Royal Pacific/CR
Sept 2012 - BC/Royal Pacific
May 2013 - WL/Royal pacific
Sept 2013 - Royal Pacific
iluvpluto27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #100
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
... I don't like Zebra Domes I guess this is the reason why I am not an official member of the Wilbunch Gang
Enjoying your review. I just jumped in today.

Mara is by far one of my favorite places, but I do not like the Zebra Domes either.

Last edited by kid-at-heart; 03-04-2009 at 04:09 PM.
kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #101
Quacktatty
DIS Veteran

I love reading reviews of restaurants that I enjoy! I am looking forward to your next set of reviews. I really wish Artists Point still had that Buffalo entrée - I would be there for sure!
Previous Trips: DL and WDW numerous times on and off-site as a child, 1999 High School trip to WDW, played on stage at Cosmic Ray's and in DTD. 3/03 - 1 Day in MK, 10/03 - ASMovies, 1/07 - 7 nights POFQ, 9/08 - 6 nights AKL, 10/09 - 10 nights POP/AKL, 5/10 - 5 nights POFQ, 10/10 - 7 nights AKL, 11/11 - 5 nights DLR (HoJo)

Trip Reports: May 2010, October 2009, September 2008, January 2007

Dining Reviews:October 2010, May 2010, October 2009, September 2008

Quacktatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:25 AM   #102
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DH & I had the Tuna Oscar two years ago and it was our worst meal of the trip. That was the second year in a row that KONA disappointed us. There's TOO many other restaurants for us to try before we'd go back there.
We really enjoyed Kona this January, but I think it has a very limited menu. I think I have now eaten everything I like there and think I need to try something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Good to hear that you enjoyed them! It's a lot of fun to relive the experience by writing these reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreTyPres87 View Post
Great reviews! I only have a few of the ts meals for my ADR -ive run out of days before I even get there! but I love reading them all and you took some great pictures
I know the problem! I had real trouble to get down our number of ADRs for our last trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellingtonfreak View Post
Thank you so much for the reviews. I truly enjoyed reading all of them, and I have gotten some great ideas about what to try at the restaurants you went to.

thanks!
I really love reading reviews in order to get an impression as to which dishes I would enjox, too. So I am glad I could help you out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
Oh yes, this was a wonderful review, lots of good tips like splittin' appetizers and such.
Thanks for the nice comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
YUMMY! I was planning to order this when we go. I'm so glad to see it looks SO GOOD!!!!!
The salad was really glad. Unfortunately I was not able to get it again this January (never had lunch at DHS), another reason for a return trip to WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom3304 View Post
I just happened upon your story today and loved it! Thank you so much for all the time you put into the details of your reviews. I have been a handful of times now and never thought of splitting the apps. or meals, what a great idea! Can't wait to read the reviews from your latest trip. Thanks again!!!
Sharing appetizers or entrees is a great way to try different things. No server ever dissapproved of it. But we generally tip a bit more if we share (and of course the service was good).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvpluto27 View Post
Thanks for your reviews and pics. I really enjoyed reading them, and that chocolate covered cherry drink looks delicious!
The drink was great! It was like a dessert without making you even more full!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post

Mara is by far one of my favorite places, but I do not like the Zebra Domes either.
Mara seems to get mixed reviews here on the boards, but I really like it, too. I think it already looks so cool! Good to know, that I am not alone noot liking Zebra Domes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacktatty View Post
I love reading reviews of restaurants that I enjoy! I am looking forward to your next set of reviews. I really wish Artists Point still had that Buffalo entrée - I would be there for sure!
The steak was really great. Unfortunately the menu at AP really does not look very appealing to me now. I still would like to eat there again, the soup was really great and the venison spring rolls sound intriguing. Perhaps I could make a meal out of appetizers there...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 03-05-2009, 03:26 AM   #103
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We really enjoyed Kona this January, but I think it has a very limited menu. I think I have now eaten everything I like there and think I need to try something new.

Quote:
Good to hear that you enjoyed them! It's a lot of fun to relive the experience by writing these reviews!

Quote:
I know the problem! I had real trouble to get down our number of ADRs for our last trip!

Quote:

thanks!
I really love reading reviews in order to get an impression as to which dishes I would enjox, too. So I am glad I could help you out!

Quote:

Quote:
The salad was really glad. Unfortunately I was not able to get it again this January (never had lunch at DHS), another reason for a return trip to WDW!

Quote:
Sharing appetizers or entrees is a great way to try different things. No server ever dissapproved of it. But we generally tip a bit more if we share (and of course the service was good).

Quote:

Quote:

Mara seems to get mixed reviews here on the boards, but I really like it, too. I think it already looks so cool! Good to know, that I am not alone noot liking Zebra Domes!

Quote:
The steak was really great. Unfortunately the menu at AP really does not look very appealing to me now. I still would like to eat there again, the soup was really great and the venison spring rolls sound intriguing. Perhaps I could make a meal out of appetizers there...

Old 03-05-2009, 03:28 AM   #104
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

thanks!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Old 03-05-2009, 03:46 AM   #105
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

I will be away this weekend, but hope to start the new review at the binning of next week!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: