Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #46
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I've been lurking on your report since the beginning, but this is the first time I've posted here. I was glad to see the review of Teppan Edo also, as it's on my list of next trip tries. I was especially glad to see that sharing was okay. I was a little skeptical that it could be done, being the nature of the restuarant, but my friend and I are both pretty lite eaters and we wanted to get appetizers as well.

Thanks for your hard work for us! Keep 'em coming!

All7OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #47
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Magdalene, I am not crazy about them either. I think it is the flavor of the Amarula Cream Liqueur. I am not an official member either, so maybe that is why!
I must admit that I don't like zebra domes either. To me, they have a coffee flavor. I love coffee, but won't eat anything coffee flavored.

And that's coming from a member!

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #48
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I've been lurking on your report since the beginning, but this is the first time I've posted here. I was glad to see the review of Teppan Edo also, as it's on my list of next trip tries. I was especially glad to see that sharing was okay. I was a little skeptical that it could be done, being the nature of the restuarant, but my friend and I are both pretty lite eaters and we wanted to get appetizers as well.

Thanks for your hard work for us! Keep 'em coming!
Teppan Edo is a great experience! I really can recommend to get an early lunch ADR to catch the opening cermony. It was such a nice touch. The cast members there are great, very polite and lot's of bowing!

Also, I have shared a number of meals and never had a problem with it. I never felt that the service was lacking because of it. That's why we generally tip a bit more when we share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
I must admit that I don't like zebra domes either. To me, they have a coffee flavor. I love coffee, but won't eat anything coffee flavored.

And that's coming from a member!
Wow, and I always was so quiet about my dislike because I felt there must be something wrong with me. It's great to know that others have the same problem...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #49
Flossbolna

2/1 Lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue (AK)

Breakfast this morning was a again the lovely kids meal waffle. I told you, we really liked it a lot!!

Flame Tree is once again an old-time favourite. I think we have by now certain counter services we like and don't really make many experiments. Perhaps we really need to change our habits a bit on our upcoming trip!! At AK we have never eaten anywhere else. Both Carola and I fell in love with AK on our trip in 2007. The first time we were there in 2004 we found the park to be boring. But in 2007 we spent more time there and started to explore it properly and enjoy all the incredible details. If I could only visit one park at WDW, I think I would choose AK, even though it would be a very hard choice. And the food has to come from Flame Tree.

As I told you, I really like ribs. These can be bought in Germany, but they are different here and they never have this barbecue taste which I love.

We both got the ribs as well as a side of fries which we shared. The ribs were great, but it ended up being too much food for each of us and we have the very best intentions to share in two weeks time! I liked the beans, Carola the corn bread muffin, so sharing will work quite well and leave more room for a treat. I really missed the corn on the cob and would love for it to come back

Here is the picture:

We had a very early lunch, the receipt is from 11 am! This was a great time to have lunch as there was no line and we had the seating area for ourselves. I love to sit all the way down by the water (picture from 2007, but we were at the same table again in 2008):

There was even a boat with characters passing us and it was fun waving to them!

As I said, this will be a definite return trip for us!! But we might have to get two lunches in AK, so perhaps we will get to try Pizzafari...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 01-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #50
Flossbolna

2/1 Artist Point (WL)

Ok, now on to a more interesting meal:

Artist Point was a new experience for us. We had an early ADR here for 5:30 pm. After the morning at AK and a nice break at the hotel (a must do for us), we took the bus to MK and then hoped on the boat to WL to have a nice meal there before heading out to DTD for some serious shopping!

The WL is always stunning:

We arrived about 20 min before our ADR and were told that they are not open yet, but we should be back at 5:30pm. We shopped around a bit, I really like the WL store. I actually would really love to stay there one day, but Carola thinks it is too dark. So unless I find another travel companion (DBF made it very clear that it will never be him, well we will see ), I don't think I will get to stay there so soon.

When we returned to the podium we were immediately shown to our table. There was no queue to be checked in or so and there only was one other table occupied in the whole restaurant. It only started to fill up at around 6pm.

I really liked the atmosphere of the place, it was very bright with lots of daylight coming in. We were seated at a nice table at the window.

General view of the restaurant:

Trying to capture the nice wall pictures:

We had planned to share at this meal as we were still feeling very full from the lunch at Flame tree. So we ordered the portobello soup as appetizer and got the buffalo steak as our entree. we also got a glass each of the red wine that was paired with the buffalo, the Dusted Valley Stomp Cabernet Sauvignon.

The wine was really good and it went really exremely well with the buffalo. This is a picture of the wine:

They served us some nice sourdough bread which I really liked:

This is the Smokey Portobello Soup with Roasted Shiitakes and Chive Oil (I asked for a menu here, so I can give you its proper name):

This is actually a picture of the split portion. We each got one of those bowls! I really love it when they serve the split portions seperately! The soup is very rich, so we were really happy to have split it. I think I would be full after a eating the whole portion myself!

Next a picture of the Grilled Buffalo Sirloin Steak with Sweet Potato-Hazelnut Gratin and Sweet Onion Jam:

Again, this is only half of the normal portion. I really liked it that they split the meals in the kitchen. We had ordered the steak medium rare as it was advised by our server. The meat was really fantastic. The gratin went very well with the meat and so did the onion jam. I personally don't really like onions, but this was quite good, but I did not finish it. I am really sad that they no longer have the buffalo on the recent menu.

We had no dessert as we were really full after this. Which was a bit sad as there were some really yummy sounding desserts of the menu.

We had thought about a return trip to Artist Point, but to be honest, at the moment I don't find the menu very appealing, I would have loved to get the Buffalo again as this something so unique. Also, as I mentioned before, we really want to try new places. If we had stayed at WL, I am sure we would have eaten there again. Even though Artist Point sometimes does not get very good reviews, we really liked our dinner there a lot. We had no complaints, our server was great, wine and food were outstanding and the atmosphere was lovely. We really liked the early ADR time as the restaurant was so quiet!!

Old 01-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #51
Flossbolna

The next reviews will be lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and after that the highlight of our trip: dinner at California Grill!

Old 01-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #52
jess20k
DIS Veteran

We also enjoyed Artist Point. I'm sad to hear they took the Buffalo Steak off the menu, that was my favorite dish there.

jess20k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #53
Mahusky
West of Boston and East of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I actually would really love to stay there one day, but Carola thinks it is too dark.
This too funny my DW feels the same way about being too dark and she doesnt want to stay there either!

Again I love the report 32 days and counting for us..... although most of it will be at VB.
Mahusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #54
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

great reviews, look forward to reading more
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #55
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Great review! Of all the signature restaurants Artist Point's menu just doesn't appeal to us.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #56
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

Thanks for taking the time to share your reviews - looking forward to more!
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #57
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! Do you remember how the service was at Artist Point? I tried it for the first time in December and while the food was excellent, the service was very slow. It took 1.5 hours for my meal and I was dining solo!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Donald is #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #58
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

great review of Artist Point, it looks like an empty restaurant when you visited. I found WL to be very dark also and very similar inside to AKL and Poly - assume they are same architect/designer

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #59
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

I'm enjoying your reviews. It's so nice, when there's links to specific restaurants. Thanks for posting.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #60
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess20k View Post
We also enjoyed Artist Point. I'm sad to hear they took the Buffalo Steak off the menu, that was my favorite dish there.
I hope the Buffalo will come back one day - it would really make me want to come back there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahusky View Post
This too funny my DW feels the same way about being too dark and she doesnt want to stay there either!

Again I love the report 32 days and counting for us..... although most of it will be at VB.
And as you can see: Artist Point is actually a restaurant with lots of light!! Have a great trip, Vero Beach sounds like a lovely place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
great reviews, look forward to reading more
Thanks, next review will be up shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Great review! Of all the signature restaurants Artist Point's menu just doesn't appeal to us.
That's the way I feel about Narcoossees: I am not a fan of sseafood and even though there are other options, it just does not appeal to me that much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissalee View Post
Thanks for taking the time to share your reviews - looking forward to more!
Welcome, glad you enjoy them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Great reviews! Do you remember how the service was at Artist Point? I tried it for the first time in December and while the food was excellent, the service was very slow. It took 1.5 hours for my meal and I was dining solo!
Our server was nice, polite and unobtrusive, but she was always there when we needed her (but then as you saw, there were not many others she had to look after as well). I checked our receipt and it says 6:30 pm. So our meal took exactly one hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
great review of Artist Point, it looks like an empty restaurant when you visited. I found WL to be very dark also and very similar inside to AKL and Poly - assume they are same architect/designer
It was very empty, but not is a scary way. It was getting filled up around 6:30 pm when we were leaving. AKL and WL had the same architect. The funny thing is that Carola my friend loves AKL and was happy to stay at the Poly this year, but not WL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
I'm enjoying your reviews. It's so nice, when there's links to specific restaurants. Thanks for posting.
Thanks! It is always good to know that there people enjoying what I write!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: