Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2009, 02:49 AM   #121
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Great mountain shots! My SIL has never been to Gatlinburg. DH and I went a couple of years ago. I enjoyed it very much. I see a trip in the near future with my bro and her.

I can't believe you had to drive around with the window down. I'm glad you didn't get sick. Why can't stuff break when it is a gorgeous, 75 deg. day?

Old 01-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #122
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i used to have a honda civic that did this ALL THE TIME. ray would have to take the inside paneling off the door and fix it. he said it was coming off track. i eventually sold that car to my little brother and when it did it to him, he was too lazy to fix it and so he rode around with either the window down all the time or with a garbage bag covering it.
Oh my gosh!!! That sounds like Chad!! I remember when we dated in 94 and someone broke out his passenger side window of his mustang and stole his radio. Well, he was lazy with getting it fixed so guess who had to ride on that side with a garbage bag over it??? ME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Rolly uppie thingy!!! Isn't that what it's called???
It sure is!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
The phone is great to have as an extra tool, and its nice to have the internet anytime, but its no substitution for a laptop.

I love your pictures again, the snow looks so beautiful. So was the wax musuem in Gatlinburg then?
That is the truth!!!

Aww, thanks! I am about to post the wax museum pics now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Hi, what's up?

Those mountains are beautiful. I love the pics of you in the snow. It's so funny you consider snow a neat/cool thing. I'm soo ready for it to melt away. We had black ice several days this week and in one 2hr span we had about 200 accidents. We had 4 men rushed to the hospital in one morning this winter for heart attacks (from over exhurtion from shoveling mass amout of snow). Very pretty to look at but after Xmas it can go and I'd be fine with it.

I will admit I missed it when I lived down south, but I didn't miss driving in it.

We will have lots to talk about until November, we always do.

Have you bought anything on Ebay lately?
I got Lexi an autograph book for our trip. I'm so excitted I found the other Build a bear princess dresses she was missing. (Jasmine, Belle and Mulan) She already has Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Snow White, Tinkerbell. I even got her the Mickey ears and tee. They only sell them in DTD in California, so they are hard to find. She wants to dress a bear in a different dress each day we are there, very cute idea since she is too old/big to wear the princess costumes herself.

I've changed her bday theme again.
It went from Chinese/Mulan to Build a Bear. The only problem was I could only get the party stuff from one company online and the shipping is crazy to Canada. Then I would have to pay duty taxes ontop. Too much $$$.
I was shopping this week and came across Mickey & Friends party stuff. So it's now a Disney bday! She will love it. I'll dress her BABs in the princess dresses and put party hats on them. I went on Ebay and they have tons of stuff to decorate with. They even have a bday Mickey plush that sings. Her bday is April 7th so I have lots of time to order stuff. Come to think of it I should have stuck with BAB, I'll probably spend more money with this theme...
Pack that snow up and send it here!! That is terrible about all the accidents though.

Yes I keep buying Hollie some pins. I found some cute chip and dale with the tie dyed cheesecake and the dole whip! They are so cute!!!

Ooh, cool!! That sounds like an awesome birthday party!! I have actually decided today what Hollie's will be this year. She told me Tinkerbell. We were listening to the Selena Gomez song from the Tinkerbell movie, "Fly to your heart" She knows the words to it and loves to sing it at the top of her lungs. Speaking of that movie, we have watched it a total of 5 times this weekend. Does anyone else get teary eyed at the end of the movie? I cry like a baby!!!!! I just love that movie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Hey Heather! Thanks soooo much for the Gaitlinburg info. I'm going to go take a look at it now, I just wanted to see the pictures you posted. The mountains look so beautiful and I love the pictures you guys took. Thats too funny about the window too! Lucky that you found some place to tape it up all pretty in green tape for you
Aww, thanks! I am about to post the wax museum pics now!!

Girl, that was some bright green tape I tell ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
The Gatlinburg pictures are beautiful. It's a great place for shopping and pancake eating!

Window roller upper thingie...that's exactly what I would have called it. Can't imagine what name would suit it better!
We love our pancake houses up there! Our favorite is the red rooster! Yummy!!!!!

I can't imagine a better name either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderelly5507 View Post
We live in West TN and have thought about a trip to Pigeon Forge/Gaitlinburg... Your pics look gorgeous though! I might have to finally go!
Awww, you should!! We love Gatlinburg!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I love the pics from TN. I went there with B/F back in 2005 and stayed in a beautiful cabin up in the mountains.

Lime green tape for the window?! He must've known you were a DIS'er!
I love the cabins there, but we have never stayed in one! We should though!

They really must have!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
Wow good thing you were not here in the frozen land...It is a whooping 10 degrees today and it feels like a heat wave! I would have loved to see the Lime Green tape.
I know! I don't know what I would have done had it still been snowing!!!
I think I took a picture of the green tape! I will have to look for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Your snow pics are really really good! I wonder if there's snow up there right now? I'd love to take the kids to see snow and they're out of school Monday. OMG I bet you were FREEZING! It's so cold outside right now my fountain is frozen solid and the mud puddles are frozen in the roads. Yikes. Me not luvin' this at all!
I think it is!!! I hope it does when we go up there! If it isn't, were gonna take a ride up to Ober Gatlinburg, the cute little ski resort and let Hollie see it!!
I was like an icicle!!!! I was soooooooo cold!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Thank you soooo much again for that Gatlinburg info! It looks so beautiful and I will most definitely have to go there at one point or another but it doesn't look like it will be this summer. Unfortunately the main criteria for our summer trip is that we can drive there and Gatlinburg is too far to drive for us I was all excited too and I showed my BF and everything and finally he was like "babe you know we can't drive here though, right?" Very upsetting
Girl, you are so welcome!!!! I hope you get to go there soon! I know you would love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Great mountain shots! My SIL has never been to Gatlinburg. DH and I went a couple of years ago. I enjoyed it very much. I see a trip in the near future with my bro and her.

I can't believe you had to drive around with the window down. I'm glad you didn't get sick. Why can't stuff break when it is a gorgeous, 75 deg. day?
Thanks!!!!! I was so cold!!!! I was shaking like a leaf while we were driving down the road!!!!!! Of course, with the heat on full blast!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #123
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Okay, now if you visit Gatlinburg, you have to take a visit to Cooter's of the Smokies!!

Now, a little background on this! I loved the Dukes of Hazzard when I was a little girl!! I had a huge crush on Bo Duke (John Schneider). Well, a couple of years ago Chad and I went to the races in Atlanta. As we were walking around, I saw a car and who I thought was John Schneider standing next to a car. So, upon further inspection we walk up and it was him! Well, this lady standing next to me (who was very professional looking) asked me if I would like to help them with a Dukefest Commercial they were doing. Of course I said yes!! So, as John was teaching someone to slide across the car like he did in the show, I had to walk beside him with a microphone. They actually sent me a copy of the commercial on DVD. Its really funny when you watch it actually. So, with me loving John, I had to get this picture!

Next we went to the wax museum! Now, I have a ton of pictures from them. Nevermind the date on them. We actually visited the place twice. Once the first night we got there and then the next day with Chad's mom and stepdad.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #124
BridetobeDisney
DIS Veteran

Ha Ha! I love them all! I love how ya'll posed according to who it was. Hilarious

That's so cool that you got to meet him and do that commercial.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #125
hlrababy

Some Disney stuff

I have definately decided, along with Hollie, that she is going to go to the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique again. When we go on our trip in October, I might take Hollie and our niece Hattie to get there hair done. My plan is for us to go to MNSSHP and then we will get there hair done before we go so they can wear their costumes. Then when we go in November, Hollie will get her hair done before the MVMCP. She actually said she wanted me to get mine done with her. Which, I don't have a problem with it. I could just get the disney princess hairstyle (if my hair is longer) and I will already have my makeup done. I might even just tell them to "add" a little of the makeup to mine!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #126
hlrababy

Old 01-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #127
hlrababy

Old 01-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #128
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Loving the bunny ears! I totally needed a good laugh tonight! Everyone always asks us if we named our son after the Austin Powers movie?

Old 01-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #129
hlrababy

Old 01-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #130
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridetobeDisney View Post
Ha Ha! I love them all! I love how ya'll posed according to who it was. Hilarious

That's so cool that you got to meet him and do that commercial.
That wax museum is really cool!! I remember when I was little, they used to have on in Orlando, but you couldn't get up to them and take pictures like you can now!

It was really neat! I will have to post some pictures of it! My Bo Duke moment!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
Loving the bunny ears! I totally needed a good laugh tonight! Everyone always asks us if we named our son after the Austin Powers movie?
AWwww, thanks!!!!! Uh huh!!! That is too funny!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #131
hlrababy

Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #132
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i think my favorite is forrest gump. i love that movie!

i would've had nightmares about the linda blair exorcist one!

tobey mcquire as spiderman looks like he's drunk.

oh, and i have to say the LOTR figures look horrible! the others are pretty good but gandalf and frodo look nothing like themselves. and is that supposed to be aragorn? oh, how they failed to show the hotness! of course i prefer him all dirty rather than cleaned up as king.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #133
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, my sides hurt from laughing so hard at you and Chad at the wax museum!!! Your poses are great!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #134
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i think my favorite is forrest gump. i love that movie!

i would've had nightmares about the linda blair exorcist one!

tobey mcquire as spiderman looks like he's drunk.

oh, and i have to say the LOTR figures look horrible! the others are pretty good but gandalf and frodo look nothing like themselves. and is that supposed to be aragorn? oh, how they failed to show the hotness! of course i prefer him all dirty rather than cleaned up as king.
That was my favorite too along with the Wizard of Oz!!! It was funny because as soon as we done there we went and ate at Bubba Gump's!

It was so freaky!! I didn't get my picture with linda blair until the 2nd day. I just looked at Chad and I kept saying, I don't want to go up there! What if she spits pea soup at me!!! lol!!!

The LOTR's character were horrible! I was very disappointed in them and was really looking forward to them. Of course, if they really looked like them I would have tried to steal them!!

How is your arm? I was posting on yours as you were posting on mine!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #135
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, my sides hurt from laughing so hard at you and Chad at the wax museum!!! Your poses are great!!!
We like to take pictures, can you tell????

You should have seen me with the Jason character. It took Chad forever to get me in the horror room!! I felt like he kept looking at me!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: