Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #106
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
I can't wait to see them, too. Crystal Palace should be great. Hopefully we get in. We want to do Ohana, too! Thanks for the advice. We can't wait to just get away from this 40 below weather. May is not coming soon enough?
I feel the same way!!! It seems like November will drag getting here. But, we will be in Gatlinburg soon, then we are going to PCB with my parents in April, then we are at our lake house every other weekend through the summer, so hopefully it will get here fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Oh brilliant, I can't wait to see them. I may have to wait till the morning to have a proper look though as I'm on my iPhone and the screen is pretty small! I think I pressed the wrong thing and unsubcribed from your thread too, eeek (that's me saying it as I can't work out how to put the smilies in, he he)
Did you figure out how to work out your iphone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post

it's already been four months since we got home!

loved the mountain pictures - pretty!
Hmm, maybe it felt that way because you just got back with Ray and your friends!!

Thanks! I have more coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Those mountains are quite a sight!!! BEAUTIFUL! Was it cold when you were there in Feb?
It was!! We love going up there when its cold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Can you believe that I have lived here in NW Georgia for the past eleven years and have never made it up to Gatlinburg???
WHAT!!!! Oh my word, well you have to go then!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I wrote the email & never sent it. Sending tonight!
lol!!! I got it!

Quote:
The pictures are great. I finally got to see them properly and not in mini size like I was trying to last night
Yeah!!! You can see them regular now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Those pictures are so pretty! What exactly is there to do in Gaitlinburg? My BF, friends and I are looking for a place to go over the summer for a long weekend. Would you suggest Gaitlinburg?
There is a lot to do! I will pm you with a website! I think you would all have a great time!!

Quote:
I would recommend it, we loved it there
Amen sista!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #107
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

More Gatlinburg pics

Okay, so these pictures were made while we were driving up Nature Trail road. Just don't look at the dates on them! We visited the wax museum 2 days since his parents arrived late the first night we got there!

This is a little cabin we like to stop and look at everytime we go!

Okay so after that we drove up the nature trail road! Well, funny story! I put my window down to take some pictures. Now, mind you there was snow and it was freezing!!! I pushed the button to roll it up and it wouldnt' budge!!!! The window had come off of the roller upper (I am not a mechanic, so I don't know the words! )
The only thing we could think to do was drive to a car place to see if they could fix it. We had to drive to Sevierville and the first place we stopped, recommended the one we finally went to! Now, this was how I had to ride down the road!!

The sweet man who came and looked at my car, said that it was just stuck.
So, he tried to push the button to roll it up and it wouldn't budge. So, he grabbed some pliers and pulled it up and taped it really good until we could get it home to get if fixed!! It has some bright lime green tape!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #108
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Well, funny story! I put my window down to take some pictures. Now, mind you there was snow and it was freezing!!! I pushed the button to roll it up and it wouldnt' budge!!!! The window had come off of the roller upper (I am not a mechanic, so I don't know the words! )
i used to have a honda civic that did this ALL THE TIME. ray would have to take the inside paneling off the door and fix it. he said it was coming off track. i eventually sold that car to my little brother and when it did it to him, he was too lazy to fix it and so he rode around with either the window down all the time or with a garbage bag covering it.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #109
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Rolly uppie thingy!!! Isn't that what it's called???

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 01-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #110
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i used to have a honda civic that did this ALL THE TIME. ray would have to take the inside paneling off the door and fix it. he said it was coming off track. i eventually sold that car to my little brother and when it did it to him, he was too lazy to fix it and so he rode around with either the window down all the time or with a garbage bag covering it.
That is SOOO funny!! We had a car window taped for a while, a couple of years ago, because we thought it was going to cost SO much. Finally found out that it cost $150! That's it? I drove around for 5 mos with plastic on my window for $150?? Too funny about your brother. It probably didn't even phase him.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 01-17-2009, 06:51 AM   #111
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

The phone is great to have as an extra tool, and its nice to have the internet anytime, but its no substitution for a laptop.

I love your pictures again, the snow looks so beautiful. So was the wax musuem in Gatlinburg then?

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
Old 01-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #112
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Hi, what's up?

Those mountains are beautiful. I love the pics of you in the snow. It's so funny you consider snow a neat/cool thing. I'm soo ready for it to melt away. We had black ice several days this week and in one 2hr span we had about 200 accidents. We had 4 men rushed to the hospital in one morning this winter for heart attacks (from over exhurtion from shoveling mass amout of snow). Very pretty to look at but after Xmas it can go and I'd be fine with it.

I will admit I missed it when I lived down south, but I didn't miss driving in it.

We will have lots to talk about until November, we always do.

Have you bought anything on Ebay lately?
I got Lexi an autograph book for our trip. I'm so excitted I found the other Build a bear princess dresses she was missing. (Jasmine, Belle and Mulan) She already has Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Snow White, Tinkerbell. I even got her the Mickey ears and tee. They only sell them in DTD in California, so they are hard to find. She wants to dress a bear in a different dress each day we are there, very cute idea since she is too old/big to wear the princess costumes herself.

I've changed her bday theme again.
It went from Chinese/Mulan to Build a Bear. The only problem was I could only get the party stuff from one company online and the shipping is crazy to Canada. Then I would have to pay duty taxes ontop. Too much $$$.
I was shopping this week and came across Mickey & Friends party stuff. So it's now a Disney bday! She will love it. I'll dress her BABs in the princess dresses and put party hats on them. I went on Ebay and they have tons of stuff to decorate with. They even have a bday Mickey plush that sings. Her bday is April 7th so I have lots of time to order stuff. Come to think of it I should have stuck with BAB, I'll probably spend more money with this theme...
Old 01-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #113
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Hey Heather! Thanks soooo much for the Gaitlinburg info. I'm going to go take a look at it now, I just wanted to see the pictures you posted. The mountains look so beautiful and I love the pictures you guys took. Thats too funny about the window too! Lucky that you found some place to tape it up all pretty in green tape for you
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 01-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #114
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
That is SOOO funny!! We had a car window taped for a while, a couple of years ago, because we thought it was going to cost SO much. Finally found out that it cost $150! That's it? I drove around for 5 mos with plastic on my window for $150?? Too funny about your brother. It probably didn't even phase him.
yeah, he didn't care. especially because he wrapped it around a telephone pole about a month later! i was so sad - i loved that little car! when i sold it to him it had 180,000 miles on it and was still going strong. oh, and don't worry - my brother was okay.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #115
MeMom
DIS Veteran

The Gatlinburg pictures are beautiful. It's a great place for shopping and pancake eating!

Window roller upper thingie...that's exactly what I would have called it. Can't imagine what name would suit it better!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #116
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran

We live in West TN and have thought about a trip to Pigeon Forge/Gaitlinburg... Your pics look gorgeous though! I might have to finally go!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #117
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I love the pics from TN. I went there with B/F back in 2005 and stayed in a beautiful cabin up in the mountains.

Lime green tape for the window?! He must've known you were a DIS'er!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #118
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Wow good thing you were not here in the frozen land...It is a whooping 10 degrees today and it feels like a heat wave! I would have loved to see the Lime Green tape.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #119
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Your snow pics are really really good! I wonder if there's snow up there right now? I'd love to take the kids to see snow and they're out of school Monday. OMG I bet you were FREEZING! It's so cold outside right now my fountain is frozen solid and the mud puddles are frozen in the roads. Yikes. Me not luvin' this at all!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:47 AM   #120
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Thank you soooo much again for that Gatlinburg info! It looks so beautiful and I will most definitely have to go there at one point or another but it doesn't look like it will be this summer. Unfortunately the main criteria for our summer trip is that we can drive there and Gatlinburg is too far to drive for us I was all excited too and I showed my BF and everything and finally he was like "babe you know we can't drive here though, right?" Very upsetting
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: