Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #76
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Oh, almost forgot!!!

We have decided that we are definately going to leave on Monday after work. That way, hopefull, Hollie can sleep some on the way down. We are going to try and drive as far as we can and hopefully get somewhere close to Orlando.
We are just going to get a hotel we used to stay in when we did our Universal vacations. Then we are going to get up Tuesday morning and go to Universal since we get done with everything and we don't need a full day there. Then....check in to our Disney resort!!! Whooo hooooo!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #77
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Random pics are always good!!!

Your tentative ADR plans look good! All of them sound yummy! Can you tell I am craving Disney food tonight!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #78
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Well, I really can't do any updates right now until we know the dates for the MVMCP.

But.......I do know of things we would like to do!

I really wanted to do CRT but I know how booked it can get.

Here are some plans right now:

1900 Park Fare for dinner
O'hana or the luau one night
Chef Mickey's breakfast
Crystal Palace breakfast
O'hana breakfast
Maybe Coral Reef or San Angel Inn

That is about it for right now! I hope I can keep everyone! I might just start posting random pics!!
Don't worry I will be here forever, he he. And yes just post random pictures, I would love to see some from your previous mountains trips!

Your restaurant choices look great, but where's Hoop Dee Doo?

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #79
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Random pics are always good!!!

Your tentative ADR plans look good! All of them sound yummy! Can you tell I am craving Disney food tonight!!!
I shall find some to post tomorrow night then!! I know I have some from our Gatlinburg trip when we went to the Hollywood Wax Museum..now that is some funny pictures!!

Oooh, me too!! What I would do for a lapu lapu or tropical macaw right now.

NO WAIT!!! A GREY GOOSE CITRON SLUSH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Don't worry I will be here forever, he he. And yes just post random pictures, I would love to see some from your previous mountains trips!

Your restaurant choices look great, but where's Hoop Dee Doo?
I am so glad!!! I am going to post my Hollywood Wax Museum pics tomorrow!! You will love them!!!

Oops, I forgot about HDD. We just might have to take Hollie there!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #80
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I shall find some to post tomorrow night then!! I know I have some from our Gatlinburg trip when we went to the Hollywood Wax Museum..now that is some funny pictures!!

Oooh, me too!! What I would do for a lapu lapu or tropical macaw right now.

NO WAIT!!! A GREY GOOSE CITRON SLUSH!!!!
Hollywood Wax Museum pics are bound to be great!!!

I need something warm with alcohol -- I wonder which World Showcase country has a coffee drink laced with something...
Old 01-14-2009, 09:00 PM   #81
hlrababy

Quote:
Hollywood Wax Museum pics are bound to be great!!!

I need something warm with alcohol -- I wonder which World Showcase country has a coffee drink laced with something...

They are really funny, that is for sure!! Hmmm, I am going to check right now to see if they are in my photobucket!

Well, unfortunately I don't like coffee. but, I could take the grey goose citron slushy while you get the coffee!!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #82
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I really can't do any updates right now until we know the dates for the MVMCP.

Chef Mickey's breakfast
Crystal Palace breakfast
O'hana breakfast

That is about it for right now! I hope I can keep everyone! I might just start posting random pics!!
If you get 'Ohana at the right time, then you can go out on the beach and watch the EWP and Wishes. It's a great place to watch from!

Have you read much about the luau? I thought about it, but I read a lot of posts that said younger kids would much like it or it was a little too long or it was too expensive for what you get. We'll probably get to it someday, but I think we'll wait until the girls are around the 8-10 year old mark.

All those breakfasts sound great. Excellent character interactions.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #83
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Are you watching American Idol???? Tryouts???

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #84
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
If you get 'Ohana at the right time, then you can go out on the beach and watch the EWP and Wishes. It's a great place to watch from!

Have you read much about the luau? I thought about it, but I read a lot of posts that said younger kids would much like it or it was a little too long or it was too expensive for what you get. We'll probably get to it someday, but I think we'll wait until the girls are around the 8-10 year old mark.

All those breakfasts sound great. Excellent character interactions.
Oh wow!! I didn't think about that! Hollie would love the EWP! I remember in 1994 when me, my mom, my grandmother, my aunt, and my little cousin went and we stayed at the Poly! I sat on the balcony every night watching that! It was so fun!

I have actually done the luau 7 times! I have done the older one before they changed it 6 times and then the newer one once. It was good but I miss the old one where they had a lot more dancing instead of the acting part going on. That was our main concern if we thought Hollie would watch it and sit still or not. It is expensive! I remember one at one time Chad and I ate there and it was only $30 bucks a person! We sat in the first tier this last time and it was I think, $57 a person. The food was really good though. I know that there is a lot of mixed reviews and I have read a lot of bad ones but we really enjoy it. We would like to take Hollie but not if she isn't going to sit still and enjoy it. One year Chad and I went and this family sat next to us. They ate the food and then got up and left before the show started!!! No way!! If I pay the money, I want to stay until it is over with!!

We love our breakfast!! lol!! I think that is really the only time I eat a good, nice breakfast besides Christmas day at my parents house!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #85
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Okay...WTH? I am so confused. Are you going to Disney sometime soon now? Our trip is on girl and I have to make a counter but PLEASE go when I go!!!! March 5th-12th! We need to talk....you need to get an annual pass. Why you don't have one yet I do not know. I'm going to email you.

....So funny about the black sandwich! I can cook really good. I just don't want to. I will sometimes but I prefer not to. I need to go email you...
Old 01-15-2009, 04:55 AM   #86
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, unfortunately I don't like coffee. but, I could take the grey goose citron slushy while you get the coffee!!
I can live with that plan!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:29 AM   #87
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh wow!! I didn't think about that! Hollie would love the EWP! I remember in 1994 when me, my mom, my grandmother, my aunt, and my little cousin went and we stayed at the Poly! I sat on the balcony every night watching that! It was so fun!

I have actually done the luau 7 times!
We love our breakfast!! lol!! I think that is really the only time I eat a good, nice breakfast besides Christmas day at my parents house!
You'd be the expert then. I've read a lot of reviews as I have researched whether or not we should do it, and most of them say they'd choose Hoop-De-Doo over the luau with little kids. Most said the food was good, but pricey.

I would love to stay at the Poly someday! We're going to be in WDW next New Year's Eve, staying at All-Star Music again probably, but we're going to go to Poly to watch NYE fireworks. I checked into just getting a room for the one night so we could have the day there and then just walk to our room when it was over instead of fighting bus crowds, but the least room they have is $560. I couldn't pay $560 for one night, so I guess we'll be letting the little girls have late naps in preparation for a late night that night. It'll be worth it, because I watched the NYE fireworks on a guy's webcam from Poly, and they were incredible!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #88
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:

Chef Mickey's breakfast
Crystal Palace breakfast
O'hana breakfast

plans sound good!

i contemplated starting a pre-TR for my december 2010 trip but i figured i'd run out of things to talk about in about, oh, march of this year!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #89
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

oh wow..I'm gone for a few months and so much happens! I was so sad to hear you had to cancel your Feb trip...but excited that you're getting to go in Nov! Subscribing!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #90
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Are you watching American Idol???? Tryouts???
No, I missed it!!! The tryouts are my favorite to watch too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Okay...WTH? I am so confused. Are you going to Disney sometime soon now? Our trip is on girl and I have to make a counter but PLEASE go when I go!!!! March 5th-12th! We need to talk....you need to get an annual pass. Why you don't have one yet I do not know. I'm going to email you.

....So funny about the black sandwich! I can cook really good. I just don't want to. I will sometimes but I prefer not to. I need to go email you...
lol!! I know, it seems like its forever away doesn't it!!! But, we are going November 16th through the 22nd. I am really excited!!!!!
I think I need to talk Chad into buying AP's! If he was finished with school and was working it would be a done deal with getting them...

Yeah, I have to say that cheese was really melted.. I used to love to cook and could cook good. Now, its just easy stuff since I work later and then get home and do things with Hollie. Maybe someday I can stay at home with her!

Quote:
I can live with that plan!
Oh, I know I could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You'd be the expert then. I've read a lot of reviews as I have researched whether or not we should do it, and most of them say they'd choose Hoop-De-Doo over the luau with little kids. Most said the food was good, but pricey.

I would love to stay at the Poly someday! We're going to be in WDW next New Year's Eve, staying at All-Star Music again probably, but we're going to go to Poly to watch NYE fireworks. I checked into just getting a room for the one night so we could have the day there and then just walk to our room when it was over instead of fighting bus crowds, but the least room they have is $560. I couldn't pay $560 for one night, so I guess we'll be letting the little girls have late naps in preparation for a late night that night. It'll be worth it, because I watched the NYE fireworks on a guy's webcam from Poly, and they were incredible!
I have read the same about HDD being better for kids. Maybe we should try it instead and wait till Hollie is older for the luau!

that is my dream to stay at the Poly again! It was just so nice! I love it since I love all things tropically!! (Hmm, I think I made up a word!!)

I know I will have to watch those next year! I bet they were gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
plans sound good!

i contemplated starting a pre-TR for my december 2010 trip but i figured i'd run out of things to talk about in about, oh, march of this year!
I know, that is the hard part is coming up with things to say on here with my trip!
But, once the MVMCP dates are released I know I can do plans then! So, until then...you guys will be entertained with other pictures tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
oh wow..I'm gone for a few months and so much happens! I was so sad to hear you had to cancel your Feb trip...but excited that you're getting to go in Nov! Subscribing!
I know!!!! How have you been?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: