Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #31
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Yes that would be really fun. I fancy having a nice big cabin in the mountains with a stunning view. But I fancy one on the flat so we can have a big garden too where we can sit out and have cocktails when you come to visit. I don't ask for much do I . What other restaurants do you recommend in the area then?

I loved Park Grill, the food was so good. Sophie got steak and asked for it medium rare and they thought she was mad, they kept trying to persuade her to get it well. That girl is an animal I tell you . I loved the decor too, the big bears are so cute.
Oh my goodness!! That would sound gorgeous!!!! I love the views from the moutains!! But, that garden sounds wonderful to sit out in and have some cocktails!!! Yummo!!!!

I loved Park Grill too!!! I really loved the salad bar, they had so much on it! LOL! That is so funny she ordered her steak medium rare!!!!! lol!! I don't hardy eat steak, but when I do it has to be well done!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #32
BridetobeDisney
DIS Veteran

I'm here!! I found you! I'm looking forward to hearing about your feb. trip to Tenn. I love Gatlinburg. I want to see it decorated for Christmas. I hear it's beautiful!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #33
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Oh my goodness!! That would sound gorgeous!!!! I love the views from the moutains!! But, that garden sounds wonderful to sit out in and have some cocktails!!! Yummo!!!!

I loved Park Grill too!!! I really loved the salad bar, they had so much on it! LOL! That is so funny she ordered her steak medium rare!!!!! lol!! I don't hardy eat steak, but when I do it has to be well done!

I'm replying from my iPhone and it's the first time I have done it so it may not make total sense. Yes the salad bar is good, but the main courses were so good. I had steak too and it was yummy but had mine medium, not dripping with blood like sophie, she loved the blood, how weird is she?

So if I move over you have to come visit all the time so I don't get lonely stuck in the mountains. How far do you live from there,

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
Old 01-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #34
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Ooooh, no way!!! That would be really cool if we are there at the same time!!!!! You will have to keep me updated!
We have been to Disney the 2nd week in November and they had the Christmas decorations up!
I know, how cool would that be?! I will definitely keep you updated with it, I was playing around yesterday pricing out trips for Nov. 20th-25th. I'm so glad to hear that the decorations will be up!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 01-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #35
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

I'm joining in your new PTR! Great itinerary so far!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #36
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Ok imagine this view whilst we are sitting drinking cocktails, Nick has the BBQ going and Hollie and Sophie are having fun splashing in the pool (oh yes I want a pool )

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
Old 01-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #37
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Okay, so here our the cast introductions....

Here is a picture of me, Chad, and Hollie.

Me: I love all things Disney!! My favorite characters are Tigger and Tinkerbell. Chad and I met working at Six Flags over Georgia in 94. We dated a while and then broke up. got back together in 97 and a couple of months later went to Disney. We got engaged while we were in front of Cinderella's Castle. Awwwww......we got married May 15, 1999 and took a Disneymoon immediately after!

Chad: Favorite characters are Mickey Mouse and Grumpy...go figure! lol!!
He is currently in school and hopefully will be done soon!

Hollie: Our sassy lassy who makes funny faces! Her favorite characters are Tinkerbell, Aurora, Belle, lets just say Disney Princesses!! This will be her 2nd trip!

Joining us on this trip will be Chad's mom and stepdad. I can promise you...it will not be a return of the pajama pants!! If you don't get it, read the lapu lapu trip below in my siggy!

We plan on going in November so we can enjoy the Christmas Decorations and the MVMCP!!

Old 01-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #38
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridetobeDisney View Post
I'm here!! I found you! I'm looking forward to hearing about your feb. trip to Tenn. I love Gatlinburg. I want to see it decorated for Christmas. I hear it's beautiful!
Yea!!!!!!!!! We love Gatlinburg too!! I plan on doing a mini report!

Quote:
I'm replying from my iPhone and it's the first time I have done it so it may not make total sense. Yes the salad bar is good, but the main courses were so good. I had steak too and it was yummy but had mine medium, not dripping with blood like sophie, she loved the blood, how weird is she?

So if I move over you have to come visit all the time so I don't get lonely stuck in the mountains. How far do you live from there,
Awww, cool!!! I loved the salad bar and my chicken that I got from them! It was really good!!

Oh my goodness, that is so funny she likes hers kind of rare!! She is silly!!!

It only takes us like 3 1/2 hours to get there! Not that far at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
I know, how cool would that be?! I will definitely keep you updated with it, I was playing around yesterday pricing out trips for Nov. 20th-25th. I'm so glad to hear that the decorations will be up!
Keep on pricing them girl!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
I'm joining in your new PTR! Great itinerary so far!
and I am glad your here!!! Thanks! I have more plans I have to post!

Quote:
Ok imagine this view whilst we are sitting drinking cocktails, Nick has the BBQ going and Hollie and Sophie are having fun splashing in the pool (oh yes I want a pool )

OH MY WORD!!! That is gorgeous!!!! Yes, I really think you need to get you a house up there! I will be sitting out there drinking some nice cocktails with ya!!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #39
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Ok so where does one recommend we stay in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge? Really want to check out a cabin or anything with a nice deck/patio.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #40
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

I didn't realise you and Chad met and worked at 6 Flags over Georgia. We plan to go there on our trip this year so I will have to bug you for information about everything there.

I really need to get one of those cool cocktail makers from Margaritaville, they are so cool. We haven't got one yet as it would be a job getting it back but if we lived over there that wouldn't be an issue. Oh look another reason to move over

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
Old 01-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #41
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
Ok so where does one recommend we stay in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge? Really want to check out a cabin or anything with a nice deck/patio.
I know this sounds funny, but as many times as we have been there, I have never stayed in a cabin. I have had friends who did and love it! But, we stay in a hotel in downtown Gatlinburg. Once you come into downtown, there is a road that cuts to the left up a hill. We stay up there and its called brookside resort. We always get a fireplace deluxe room and it is so nice!!!! Plus, it has a private balcony that is right at the stream! Its so beautiful!

Quote:
I didn't realise you and Chad met and worked at 6 Flags over Georgia. We plan to go there on our trip this year so I will have to bug you for information about everything there.

I really need to get one of those cool cocktail makers from Margaritaville, they are so cool. We haven't got one yet as it would be a job getting it back but if we lived over there that wouldn't be an issue. Oh look another reason to move over
Bug away girlfriend!!!

I want one of those too!! I just haven't talked Chad into getting one yet since they are around $300 bucks!!! He just won't budge!!! That is a wonderful reason to move!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #42
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

I'll have to check into it. I have heard there is a place that makes the best pancakes ever...do you know the name? Thanks! You are my Gatlinburg Guide!!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #43
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hollie is just such a cutie!!! The Christmas photos all turned out just lovely! You are such a pretty family!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #44
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

I love the Christmas pics. I had no idea your MIL and her man did theirs at the same time. That's the first I've seen of those.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #45
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
I'll have to check into it. I have heard there is a place that makes the best pancakes ever...do you know the name? Thanks! You are my Gatlinburg Guide!!
I am wondering if its the Log Cabin pancake house. Its in downtown Gatlinburg. But....my favorite is the Red Rooster in Pigeon Forge. But, its like my hubby said....there is not one place up there that doesn't have good pancakes!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: