Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #16
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran
 
CanadianWDWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,069

I'm here !!! I didn't get lost.

I have been away from the DIS for a few days ( ) and this happens, I am sad for you. So sorry you have decided to cancel Feb.trip.

Our "new" focus will now shift to the next best thing. Planning another trip!

Kids are so funny, they are happy to go anywhere, as long as you make it fun. Hollie will be fine.

If it's snow you want I got TONS!!! We got a dumping today.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
CanadianWDWfan is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #17
xoktenox
DIS Veteran
 
xoktenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,216

I'm here

A little disappointing that you guys had to postpone your trip, I know what its like because we had to do that for the trip that we're planning now. But, it just gives you something to look forward to. Oh, and depending on the money situation and a few other things, we might be there at the same time as you in Nov! BF's bday is Nov 22 and I want to see the xmas stuff down there and I think it should be up by then. It would be cool if we were there at the same time
__________________
Me, Kristen- 26 DH, Chris- 29 Fur baby, Daisy- 9 months
My Trips: 4 times as a child, offsite
Trips Together with Chris: 4/09- AS Movies~~11-12/09- AKV Kidani~~7/10- Pop~~6/11- OKW~~1-2/12- Pop~~ 10-11/12- DISNEYMOON! @ SSR (BECAME DVC MEMBERS!)~~
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)


Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

xoktenox is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #18
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!
 
punkin413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: georgia, but i haven't seen a peach tree yet
Posts: 9,488

i'm here! sad that you aren't going in february but happy you're going on a bigger trip in november! come march you will be too because you'll still have something to look forward to!
punkin413 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #19
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC
 
OneTreeHillAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,098

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I know!!! We had to stop talking about it! But, when I told her tonight that we were going to see the Christmas party again and to watch it snow...she was so excited! I will talk to Chad and def let you know. I know that we are going to PCB with my parents April 24th through the 30th. I mean, even if we can only make it for a long weekend to the mountains would be fine with me!!

I need to email you soon! I have a friend at work who one of her best friends works at Margaritaville in Myrtle Beach. How funny is that?
I only know one person that works there. Brian. He worked with me at Hard Rock years ago. I've only been in there one time! It's a nice restaurant!

OMG baby DS LOVED the "snow"! Poor thing thought it was real and tried to catch it. No snowman for you honey! LMK on the dates. Ms Farrah needs to get her hiney on here more. Where is she?
OneTreeHillAddict is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 05:05 AM   #21
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Here I am!
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 05:26 AM   #22
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,024

Well, I'm disappointed for no February trip, but happy for a trip to my fair state. Gatlinburg will be great. You'll give us a mini-trip report on that, right? I say every fall that we should drive up and see the leaves and stay at least overnight and do something, but we never do. It has been many years since we've been up there. It's a great place for shopping , and of course you have to eat at a pancake house while you're there. It's a requirement!

So, I guess for now you can put away your warm weather packing and pull out the parkas! I'm always up for seeing pictures of anywhere anyone goes.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #23
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran
 
Lesprivate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 722

Sorry you had to cancel your February trip. This is going to be the longest ptr ever.
__________________
DVC Owners - Saratoga Springs since 2006
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George
Lesprivate is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #24
GeminiAngel
DIS Veteran
 
GeminiAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,253

In for what be the longest haul ever!!!
__________________


WDW: Apr 2007-POR 6 nts, Feb 2009-OKW 7nts, Oct 2011-POP 4nts, Aug 2014-ASMu 6nts

DLR: To many times to count!
GeminiAngel is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #25
ariel2007
Newbie Disser
 
ariel2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Far too Far from the Magic
Posts: 1,912

No fair, you posted after I went to bed and now you are on page 2 already before I even got here .

You have an excited year of trips planned, 3 great places, I love them all. I hope you are planning on doing a mini-trip report on Gatlinburg and Universal too . I love Gatlinburg and that area, quite fancy moving there actually. We really liked the Park Grill and Hard Rock and then the Apple Barn which I see you mentioned. All the shops and winery were closed when we were there though so will definitely have to back to check it out next time. We quite liked the Old Mill too, the pecan pie is so good

I remember that picture of you 3, its so cool. Chad looks so funny in his Superman pose
__________________

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
ariel2007 is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #26
iluv2go2disney
Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney World
 
iluv2go2disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: "The Bluegrass State"
Posts: 2,340

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
No fair, you posted after I went to bed and now you are on page 2 already before I even got here .

You have an excited year of trips planned, 3 great places, I love them all. I hope you are planning on doing a mini-trip report on Gatlinburg and Universal too . I love Gatlinburg and that area, quite fancy moving there actually. We really liked the Park Grill and Hard Rock and then the Apple Barn which I see you mentioned. All the shops and winery were closed when we were there though so will definitely have to back to check it out next time. We quite liked the Old Mill too, the pecan pie is so good

I remember that picture of you 3, its so cool. Chad looks so funny in his Superman pose
Ooh I forgot about the Park Grill. We love it. Have you eaten there Heather?
iluv2go2disney is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #27
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran
 
CanadianWDWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,069

I just wanted to ask what will happen to the pink Tink outfit ???
CanadianWDWfan is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #28
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!
 
hlrababy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
I'm here !!! I didn't get lost.

I have been away from the DIS for a few days ( ) and this happens, I am sad for you. So sorry you have decided to cancel Feb.trip.

Our "new" focus will now shift to the next best thing. Planning another trip!

Kids are so funny, they are happy to go anywhere, as long as you make it fun. Hollie will be fine.

If it's snow you want I got TONS!!! We got a dumping today.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
Aww, I hope your feeling better!!!

Oooh yes!! I am really excited about planning the November trip! I am already coming up with some ADR's!

Hollie loves hotels so if we took her 20 minutes to Marietta, she would be happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
I'm here

A little disappointing that you guys had to postpone your trip, I know what its like because we had to do that for the trip that we're planning now. But, it just gives you something to look forward to. Oh, and depending on the money situation and a few other things, we might be there at the same time as you in Nov! BF's bday is Nov 22 and I want to see the xmas stuff down there and I think it should be up by then. It would be cool if we were there at the same time
Ooooh, no way!!! That would be really cool if we are there at the same time!!!!! You will have to keep me updated!
We have been to Disney the 2nd week in November and they had the Christmas decorations up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i'm here! sad that you aren't going in february but happy you're going on a bigger trip in november! come march you will be too because you'll still have something to look forward to!
Yea!!! I am glad your here!
Now I can start planning for the November trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I only know one person that works there. Brian. He worked with me at Hard Rock years ago. I've only been in there one time! It's a nice restaurant!

OMG baby DS LOVED the "snow"! Poor thing thought it was real and tried to catch it. No snowman for you honey! LMK on the dates. Ms Farrah needs to get her hiney on here more. Where is she?
I can't remember her name right off. I will have to ask Nola.
Awww, did he!! I really want her to see snow since she hasn't seen any before. We had actually thought about taking her to "Snow" mountain. They turned Stone Mountain into a place to ride tubes and stuff.
She really does need to get here!! OOOOOH FARRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I'm in....
Hey Jordan!!! I am glad your here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Here I am!
WHoooooo hooooo!! I am glad your here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Well, I'm disappointed for no February trip, but happy for a trip to my fair state. Gatlinburg will be great. You'll give us a mini-trip report on that, right? I say every fall that we should drive up and see the leaves and stay at least overnight and do something, but we never do. It has been many years since we've been up there. It's a great place for shopping , and of course you have to eat at a pancake house while you're there. It's a requirement!

So, I guess for now you can put away your warm weather packing and pull out the parkas! I'm always up for seeing pictures of anywhere anyone goes.
Oh, we love Tennessee!! We especially love going to Gatlinburg! I think it is our 2nd fav place to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
Sorry you had to cancel your February trip. This is going to be the longest ptr ever.
No joke!! I feel like I have been doing a PTR for over a year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
In for what be the longest haul ever!!!
lol!!! I know, right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
No fair, you posted after I went to bed and now you are on page 2 already before I even got here .

You have an excited year of trips planned, 3 great places, I love them all. I hope you are planning on doing a mini-trip report on Gatlinburg and Universal too . I love Gatlinburg and that area, quite fancy moving there actually. We really liked the Park Grill and Hard Rock and then the Apple Barn which I see you mentioned. All the shops and winery were closed when we were there though so will definitely have to back to check it out next time. We quite liked the Old Mill too, the pecan pie is so good

I remember that picture of you 3, its so cool. Chad looks so funny in his Superman pose
Oh, I will definately do a mini trip to Gatlinburg! I am really excited! Ooooh, you should move there!! Then I can visit!
We love visiting Hard Rock and the Apple Barn. There are so many things there!!
lol!! He does look funny trying to pose!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2go2disney View Post
Ooh I forgot about the Park Grill. We love it. Have you eaten there Heather?
Yes, and its a funny story!! We ate there for the first time last year. I usually order chicken. Well, we got our bill and I kid you not, it was like $80 something dollars!! I wish I had took a picture of Chad's face!! It was priceless!! We usually don't eat and it end up that much. But, it was funny. Oh, and I did have a yummy drink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
I just wanted to ask what will happen to the pink Tink outfit ???
Well, that outfit will be worn to Gatlinburg!! lol!!!! Plus, hopefully we will get a cool day in November and I can wear it then!
hlrababy is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #29
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!
 
hlrababy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,077

Well, I have a couple of plans! It all depends on what day the MVMCP happens! But, as of right now here are some plans I am throwing out!


Tuesday, Nov. 17th. maybe that night O'hana

Wednesday, Nov. 18th. We will either go to Epcot or Universal that day. If we go to Epcot, I am sure we will eat at either CR or SAI!

Thursday, Nov. 19th. either Epcot or Universal. Unless MVMCP

Friday, Nov. 20th. hopefully a MVMCP. If not, then another park.

Saturday, Nov. 21st. More than likely MK.

Now, we might end up leaving that Monday night to come down. So, if we do we will just get a cheap hotel off property.

The day we go to MVMCP I think we are going to take Hollie to BBB to get her hair and makeup done! Now, she still talks about getting it done in 2007. She said she wanted me to get it done too. Now, the only way I would do this is if I got the Fairytale Princess hairstyle. You all know me, I don't like anyone doing my makeup at all!!! lol! But, to keep Hollie happy, I will let them "put a little" on my eyes!! But, I doubt I will do it. Especially since my hair is so short!

I wanted to add some pictures but for some reason my laptop is going slow and its taking forever for photobucket to upload! So I will do that tomorrow!
hlrababy is offline  
Old 01-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #30
ariel2007
Newbie Disser
 
ariel2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Far too Far from the Magic
Posts: 1,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Oh, I will definately do a mini trip to Gatlinburg! I am really excited! Ooooh, you should move there!! Then I can visit!
We love visiting Hard Rock and the Apple Barn. There are so many things there!!
lol!! He does look funny trying to pose!!
Yes that would be really fun. I fancy having a nice big cabin in the mountains with a stunning view. But I fancy one on the flat so we can have a big garden too where we can sit out and have cocktails when you come to visit. I don't ask for much do I . What other restaurants do you recommend in the area then?


Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Yes, and its a funny story!! We ate there for the first time last year. I usually order chicken. Well, we got our bill and I kid you not, it was like $80 something dollars!! I wish I had took a picture of Chad's face!! It was priceless!! We usually don't eat and it end up that much. But, it was funny. Oh, and I did have a yummy drink!
I loved Park Grill, the food was so good. Sophie got steak and asked for it medium rare and they thought she was mad, they kept trying to persuade her to get it well. That girl is an animal I tell you . I loved the decor too, the big bears are so cute.
__________________

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
ariel2007 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: