Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #136
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
We like to take pictures, can you tell????

You should have seen me with the Jason character. It took Chad forever to get me in the horror room!! I felt like he kept looking at me!!
I was just thinking while I was looking through your pictures how I could not be in the same room with some of those horror film characters.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #137
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I was just thinking while I was looking through your pictures how I could not be in the same room with some of those horror film characters.
I was looking over my shoulders constantly in that room!!!

The funny part was the texas chainsaw guy! When you got close, his chainsaw went off!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #138
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was looking over my shoulders constantly in that room!!!

The funny part was the texas chainsaw guy! When you got close, his chainsaw went off!!!!
I can just see it now -- I would have started screaming and Charles would have laughed and laughed. One time, when I first moved to Georgia, he took me to 99X's haunted house (I can't remember what they call it -- it was probably 1995 or 1996). I was so scared in there, that by the end of it, I was crawling for the exit.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #139
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
I can just see it now -- I would have started screaming and Charles would have laughed and laughed. One time, when I first moved to Georgia, he took me to 99X's haunted house (I can't remember what they call it -- it was probably 1995 or 1996). I was so scared in there, that by the end of it, I was crawling for the exit.
Oh my gosh!!! Me Too!!!!!! Me and one of my best friends (they are twins! lol) we went to the 99x haunted house in 94 BY OURSELVES!!!! We were so freaked out by the time we left there!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #140
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my gosh!!! Me Too!!!!!! Me and one of my best friends (they are twins! lol) we went to the 99x haunted house in 94 BY OURSELVES!!!! We were so freaked out by the time we left there!!!
You were brave girls!!! I can promise you I never made that mistake again!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #141
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

I'm on board now. Your PRT is very fun reading so far.

I love the pictures of the Wax Museum. DW and I went to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge on our honeymoon and had a good time. I had been before, but it had been a VERY long time. We were going to go through the Ripley's Haunted House but it was $20.00...however we DID go to Dollywood!!!

Can't wait to read more--and hope you have a good time at Disney

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 01-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #142
akayek31
DIS Veteran

ok now you have made me want to take a weekend trip to Gatlinburg. Bad Heather

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

Old 01-19-2009, 12:55 AM   #143
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Just checked out all the new pics! I see you're totally hot for the Dale Jr picture! You know some of those freak me out a little but my fave is the Tom Hanks. It really looks like him. I haven't been to a wax museum in years. I love the way ya'll posed with them. So you gonna join us or what?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #144
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

I'm here!!! I just saw your other ptr. I'm bummed we won't get to meet you guys! Glad you have another trip planned, though. Ok, going back to read now...........
Old 01-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #145
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Heather, I have been missing from the DIS lately since our DSL was down all last week. I clicked on your pre trip report to find out the news. So sorry you had to cancel. but hey at least you already have another trip planned for November. Also Gatlinburg will be so fun for you all and Hollie will love the snow too. We have flurries here right now in Knoxville but I'm sure it won't be nuch at all . Also I think you will like staying at Pop alot, it's a fun place and very clean too. Love the wax museum pics .
Old 01-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #146
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Loveee those wax museum pictures! They're so cool and you guys posed with all of them, how cute!

I love that theres like 4 or 5 of you guys with Austin Powers. Austin Powers Goldmember (the 3rd one) is a movie I have seen a good 100 times or more, no exaggeration. I've seen it so many times I can recite the words to the movie, and the deleted scenes that are extras on the dvd

I think my favorite though is Hugh Hefner with the bunny ears. He's just so old!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 01-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #147
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

I love your pictures, they are great. I love the Hugh Hefner one, he is especially life-like. We have a place in London a bit like that, you may have heard of it, its world famous. Its called Madame Tussuards, its a major tourist place, and so expensive, about £25 each. You are literally in there an hour, its fun, but not worth the money. Would you recommend going to this one?

Oh and what exactly is Cooters?

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE
Old 01-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #148
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Growing up, I LOVED the DOH too...that's so cool that you were asked to help out with the commercial....how fun!

Your wax museum pics are hilarious!!! DH and I have very similar pics from when we visited a wax museum in Vegas......
Old 01-19-2009, 09:10 PM   #149
hlrababy

Quote:
You were brave girls!!! I can promise you I never made that mistake again!
We will never do it again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
I'm on board now. Your PRT is very fun reading so far.

I love the pictures of the Wax Museum. DW and I went to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge on our honeymoon and had a good time. I had been before, but it had been a VERY long time. We were going to go through the Ripley's Haunted House but it was $20.00...however we DID go to Dollywood!!!

Can't wait to read more--and hope you have a good time at Disney
Aww, thanks!! You guys should head back there! We love Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg! Its so nice up there!!!
That is one thing we haven't done, the Ripleys haunted house! DH wish I would, but I am a scaredy cat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
ok now you have made me want to take a weekend trip to Gatlinburg. Bad Heather
NO, NO, NO!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Just checked out all the new pics! I see you're totally hot for the Dale Jr picture! You know some of those freak me out a little but my fave is the Tom Hanks. It really looks like him. I haven't been to a wax museum in years. I love the way ya'll posed with them. So you gonna join us or what?
I love me some Dale Jr!!!!

I could have sat by the Tom Hanks one all day! It was just so cute!!!
I am trying to talk Chad into it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
I'm here!!! I just saw your other ptr. I'm bummed we won't get to meet you guys! Glad you have another trip planned, though. Ok, going back to read now...........
I am really bummed too! I will have to just live through your trip when you get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Heather, I have been missing from the DIS lately since our DSL was down all last week. I clicked on your pre trip report to find out the news. So sorry you had to cancel. but hey at least you already have another trip planned for November. Also Gatlinburg will be so fun for you all and Hollie will love the snow too. We have flurries here right now in Knoxville but I'm sure it won't be nuch at all . Also I think you will like staying at Pop alot, it's a fun place and very clean too. Love the wax museum pics .
I know, I am a little sad, but excited about all the other trips!

We are so excited and ready to take Hollie up to Ober Gatlinburg. As many times as we have been to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, we have never been up there!
We had some flurries earlier, but it has stopped!
We are really excited about Pop!! It just looks so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Loveee those wax museum pictures! They're so cool and you guys posed with all of them, how cute!

I love that theres like 4 or 5 of you guys with Austin Powers. Austin Powers Goldmember (the 3rd one) is a movie I have seen a good 100 times or more, no exaggeration. I've seen it so many times I can recite the words to the movie, and the deleted scenes that are extras on the dvd

I think my favorite though is Hugh Hefner with the bunny ears. He's just so old!
We loved the wax museum! It was really fun!!

The Austin Powers was soooo funny! They had his music playing and you couldn't help but start laughing!

I know, I would really like to meet the real Hugh Hefner, I just dont' get it with him and his many girlfriends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
I love your pictures, they are great. I love the Hugh Hefner one, he is especially life-like. We have a place in London a bit like that, you may have heard of it, its world famous. Its called Madame Tussuards, its a major tourist place, and so expensive, about £25 each. You are literally in there an hour, its fun, but not worth the money. Would you recommend going to this one?

Oh and what exactly is Cooters?
Thanks girl!!!!! I have heard of that and I have always wanted to visit one of her places!! Everything just looks so good!!!
I would definately recommend this one we went too. It was a little expensive, I think it was $21.95, but it was cute!

Cooter's is a museum type place for the Dukes of Hazzard tv show. The guy who played Cooter in the series owns the place. He usually shows up and does autographs and stuff. Its a really neat place if you liked the show. They have several cars and other things from the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Growing up, I LOVED the DOH too...that's so cool that you were asked to help out with the commercial....how fun!

Your wax museum pics are hilarious!!! DH and I have very similar pics from when we visited a wax museum in Vegas......
Awww, cool!!!!! I will have to post the picture from it. It was so fun!!
Aww, I would love to see your pics from the Vegas one!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: