Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #46
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

We've eaten at both WCC and Hoop Dee Doo. They're very different experiences obviously since HDD is a show. Our youngest was 3 1/2 when we went to HDD and he did just fine. The show keeps the young ones entertained and it's so loud in there that any noise by the kids is no big deal. We loved HDD!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 01-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #47
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Hi Laura..I'm subbing here!! Looks like we'll be there about the same time as you...LATE June!! I know you're excited about going back as are we.

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #48
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

First, I love your wedding pictures; the ladies look so lovely and the men look dashing!

It sounds like you have a good plan going - great start, can't wait to read more!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #49
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
Hi Laura..I'm subbing here!! Looks like we'll be there about the same time as you...LATE June!! I know you're excited about going back as are we.
Welcome!!!! That would be great to hear someone elses plans for the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
First, I love your wedding pictures; the ladies look so lovely and the men look dashing!

It sounds like you have a good plan going - great start, can't wait to read more!
Thanks - hope you enjoy!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #50
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Hey! We did the California Grill and timed it with Wishes. We were there in May so seems like it got dark about 8-8:30. The end of June will put you in the longest days so your idea of eating and then waiting for Wishes is a good one. Seems to me that you can eat on the early side, wander around the hotel and then come back to see the fireworks... ask them when you make your ADR. Do ask to sit near the window, can't hurt. The food was wonderful, sounds like a good surprise!!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #51
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Come check out my PTR too

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 01-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #52
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hi! I'm here now!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:47 AM   #53
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Firstly good luck on the interview and you could also consider a job with the Scottish Tourist Board because that was one wonderful promotion you just did

We did WCC in 2007 and the girls loved it, in fact we went for lunch one day and it was such a success we booked it again for breakfast on our last day. We've never done HDDR but it's on our list for this year so I'll be very interested in all the feedback you get.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #54
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

We love HDDR! We used to go every trip/every year, but have given it a rest so when we do go back w/ my grandparents it will be 'fresh' again. It is lots of fun and surely to keep the kids entertained!

We are trying WCC this year!

Old 02-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #55
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
Come check out my PTR too
Post a wee link and I would love to have a look and join in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hi! I'm here now!
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
Firstly good luck on the interview and you could also consider a job with the Scottish Tourist Board because that was one wonderful promotion you just did

We did WCC in 2007 and the girls loved it, in fact we went for lunch one day and it was such a success we booked it again for breakfast on our last day. We've never done HDDR but it's on our list for this year so I'll be very interested in all the feedback you get.
Thanks! Getting nervous about the interview.
Lunch on our last day might be really nice. I wonder if you can get a boat from DTD to the WCC? If anyone knows that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
We love HDDR! We used to go every trip/every year, but have given it a rest so when we do go back w/ my grandparents it will be 'fresh' again. It is lots of fun and surely to keep the kids entertained!

We are trying WCC this year!
I think you guys have convinced me to try to do both! HDDR I think will be good fun for the girls. DH says he thinks it will be good as long as doesn't have to be part of the show - he is not one for joining in!!!! Mum loved it first time so is also very keen. DD7 is very keen on trying Strawberry Shortcake as she has never had it and didn't really know it was a dessert. She thought it was just a cartoon character!

I am waiting very (un)patiently for the June hours to come out. Then i can really start to get planning.

One really big day is starting to confuse me though. 4th July!!! What to do? I thought maybe we would stay away form the parks that day although I would imagine they will do somethign special.

When I was younger we took a trip to Nantucket and were there over 4th July. The local celebrations were fabulous and we had the most memorable day. They had pie and watermelon eating competitions, fire engine hose battles up the main streets, stalls, the kids decorated the ri bikes in stars and stripes, and there were flags everywhere. A great atmosphere. At ngiht everyone went to the beach for a lovely firework display.

I would really like to celebrate with the locals if you see what I mean. Get a taste of the real 4th July celebrations. Don;t know if anyone has any ideas on what to do or where to go. melissa might have a good idea living in the area? I am going to start looking on the internet for ideas and things that are going on. Will keep you posted!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #56
The Moonk's Mom
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean waiting and waiting on the June hours...it's drivong me nuts! I so want to start my real planning. I do have my ressie's for CRT! My TA called with those...but that is it! I am ready for REAL plans!
Old 02-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #57
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Ok had a little look around the net and found a couple of options for 4th July.

Kissimmee Lakefront have a celebration with around 35,000 to 45,000 people. There is live music, fireworks etc which sound great. The only thing is there does not seem to be very much aimed at children and it does sound very busy.

We also thought about Celebration. They are advertising that they will have parades, stalls, jugglers, stilt walkers etc and also a big fireworks display too. This sounds much better so at the moment Celebration is the front runner for 4th July. We might go into a park in the morning for a while and come out at lunchtime. Take some time out and then go to Celebration.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #58
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
Ok had a little look around the net and found a couple of options for 4th July.

Kissimmee Lakefront have a celebration with around 35,000 to 45,000 people. There is live music, fireworks etc which sound great. The only thing is there does not seem to be very much aimed at children and it does sound very busy.

We also thought about Celebration. They are advertising that they will have parades, stalls, jugglers, stilt walkers etc and also a big fireworks display too. This sounds much better so at the moment Celebration is the front runner for 4th July. We might go into a park in the morning for a while and come out at lunchtime. Take some time out and then go to Celebration.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

We were staying at WL for 04July in 2007 and the 04July celebrations at Celebration were shown on the news and they looked fantastic. We steared clear of the parks as DH has been speaking to a guy who told him to avoid the parks on the 4th as it's completely jam packed, we sat by the pool all day and chilled out then watched the fireworks from the beach at WL. Your plans sound fab wish now that we'd done that
Old 02-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #59
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

I think Celebration sounds like a great idea. We weren't here in Florida last July 4th so I really don't know what to do. We were at WDW two years ago on July 4th, but I can't remember what we did. I know we didn't watch fireworks in any of the parks.

This year we will probably stay home. There were so many fireworks going off in our neighborhood on New Years Eve that my DH said it sounded exactly like Baghdad. So I would worry the whole time that our house could catch on fire or something.

Shouldn't be long now on those park hours.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 02-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #60
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

We've been to WDW a few times on July 4th and in the parks. On July 3rd they sometimes have a July 4th fireworks test run at MK. MK is the most crowded and as the day goes on it sometimes closes due to capacity. Get there early and if you want a spot on Main St. to see the fireworks, expect to get there 2-3 hours and stake your spot. They will close Main St and reroute traffic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: