Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #151
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

I see that you are down to 2 months today!! It is going to fly by!
This will sound so crazy for you but I was thinking that the accents from Ireland and Scotland are quite similar. You said that you enjoy the Irish accent... maybe it is like the difference in northern and southern accents here? Does that make sense?
What has you the most excited about going to Disney?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #152
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

Quote:
OK so it was a bit of a blond moment but i can now see that you are going to the beach - not Disney!!
Don't worry, I'm blond too. I have several of those moments. I wish I was going to Disney, but the beach will be great. We went to Disney last year in June. I have one suggestion, if you do not care for Star Wars stay away from DHS on Fridays & Saturdays. We made the mistake of going on the 1st Friday it started last year and the crowds were terrible. I think that DHS is the hottest park at Disney and combine that with crowds - yuck! I think that we got out of the park by 1:00 due to the crowds. I'm trying to get DH to go back, but he is still complaining about our food costs. The next time we need to go back in Sept. when they offer free dining and it is the off season. We went in Sept. 2003 and walked on every ride with no or little wait. Only problem will be taking the kids out of school.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #153
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
I see that you are down to 2 months today!! It is going to fly by!
This will sound so crazy for you but I was thinking that the accents from Ireland and Scotland are quite similar. You said that you enjoy the Irish accent... maybe it is like the difference in northern and southern accents here? Does that make sense?
What has you the most excited about going to Disney?
Do you know what I have no idea!!!! There are any things that I love about coming over to Disney! I couldn't pick one so here is a wee list......

The heat! (love the warm air when I get off the plane!)
The accents - I always smile when I hear "have a nice day"
Driving under the Welcome to Walt Disney World sign and knowing that we are going to have a great time.
Standing at the MK opening show with my sunglasses on to hide the tears. Who knows why but I find that show very touching especially when the girls and watching in utter awe.
The castle! How beautiful is it?
The fact that when you are at Disney nothing else really matters - its all about having fun.
The fact that at WDW magic is real and its everywhere for those who want to see it.
Spending time with my children firing their imaginations and building their love of stories and dreams.
Appreciating the details everywhere you look which all build together to make something very special.
Laughing with Emma on Thunder Mountain and Test Track. Seeing them having a fantastic time.
Acting like a 5 year old!
(Walmart!!!!!)
Wishes and Fantasmic being touched by the words and sentiments.
Laughing having fun!

I could go on!

What about you - what do you look forward to most?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #154
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

oh and not to forget the fact that you park your car and then get on a tram and then a monorail and you feel like you really are in another world b the time you get to the park. Riding the tram and monorail and one of my girls favourite things to do!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #155
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

Quote:
What about you - what do you look forward to most?
The monorail ride up to the MK and seeing the castle.
I love Wishes, I cry. .
Old 04-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #156
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Oh me too!
I love the end part...

You see, wishes do come true
if you believe in them with all your heart.
And the best part is
you never run out of wishes
They are shining deep inside you
because that, my friends, is where the magic lives.

Totally cheesy but hey!!! When Jiminy Cricket says it I always get a lump in my throst!
Old 04-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #157
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Here is a wee Wishes video to cheer everyone up! Its taken form the California Grill viewing deck.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #158
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

I love your list!!! I sat here smiling as I read it all!
What do you say instead of "have a nice day"? Oh, maybe you are refering to the CM's???
Hummm, what do I like? I love standing by the fountain in Futureworld as the water shoots up into the air in time with the music... I love those purple things that twirl too! DHS at night is so cool, the lighting, the music, the warm night.... MK at night when the castle changes colors... I get teary eyed when we watch Illuminations.... and I'm with you when you said that Disney is magical if you want to see it.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:22 AM   #159
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
I love your list!!! I sat here smiling as I read it all!
What do you say instead of "have a nice day"? Oh, maybe you are refering to the CM's???
Hummm, what do I like? I love standing by the fountain in Futureworld as the water shoots up into the air in time with the music... I love those purple things that twirl too! DHS at night is so cool, the lighting, the music, the warm night.... MK at night when the castle changes colors... I get teary eyed when we watch Illuminations.... and I'm with you when you said that Disney is magical if you want to see it.
People here just don't say that. We would think someone was being insincere or sarcastic if they said it here!! We are a cynical lot!!!!!!!

Its just such a lovely greeting and really does say "i'm in the US!"

I love calling for ADRs as they always say something lovely. The last time the woman said "Hi! How can I put some magic in your day?" I smiled all day about that!!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #160
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to word this. So, there is nothing said by the cashier when you leave a store or restaurant? I always make a point of saying it even when I am the customer.

I thought of you yesterday when we were eating at Olive Garden and I was looking at all the food still on my plate and I was full. I remember you mentioned the large portions we have, is the cost of eating out here a lot more than back home for you? And I mean off of the Disney property.

I also loved reading your list of what you love about Disney. I cry during Wishes. I think about how excited everyone else is along with me. Something else I absolutely love and I don't think they have done it every time but pulling into the MK parking lot and I showed my annual pass to the attendant he said "We will let Mickey know you are coming!" It's the little things that make WDW so magical!!!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 04-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #161
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to word this. So, there is nothing said by the cashier when you leave a store or restaurant? I always make a point of saying it even when I am the customer.

I thought of you yesterday when we were eating at Olive Garden and I was looking at all the food still on my plate and I was full. I remember you mentioned the large portions we have, is the cost of eating out here a lot more than back home for you? And I mean off of the Disney property.

I also loved reading your list of what you love about Disney. I cry during Wishes. I think about how excited everyone else is along with me. Something else I absolutely love and I don't think they have done it every time but pulling into the MK parking lot and I showed my annual pass to the attendant he said "We will let Mickey know you are coming!" It's the little things that make WDW so magical!!!
I suppose they just say thanks or bye. Not quite the same is it? You lot definitely have customer service licked! People here are not unfriendly in stores but its just not something we would say to people. We should though!!

Eating out in the States is surprisingly less expensive than at home in general even with the huge portions! I suppose the exchange rate is not as good for us this year as it was last year so maybe not quite so cheap as it was. Last year we got 2 dollars to a pound but this year we are only getting 1.5. We will get substantially less dollars for the same amount of money for spending this time.

I do love the food in the States though! Its a good variation and the ribs at the Outback are the best I have had!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #162
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I love be submersed by all things Disney. Theway Disney does a vacation is truly Magical!!! I think of nothing else when I am there!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 04-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #163
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

I agree about Disney doing vacations right! Especially if you are staying on property... you are just soaked in the magic!
I was thinking about the "Have a nice day" saying... I guess it would seem rude not to say something like that. It is a nice southern saying too. Each place has its own customs and traditions.
Have you gotten all of your clothes planned? My DD and I would plan and plan! This may sound a bit strange but after seeing out Photopass pictures we wished that we had worn brighter colors on certain days. On our day at AK the 4 of us ended up in brown, light blue or white. Our photos are so dull! The pictures are nice but compared to other days we looked kind of boring!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #164
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I thought of you today when I got my new National Geographic Traveler magazine. It had a picture of the "prickly pineapple" house!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #165
Jitzy
Mouseketeer

Hello! I just finished reading your pre-trip report. Your plans sound awesome! We will be in WDW June 29-July 6. We are getting so excited!!!!

Jennifer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: