Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #136
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Good news about the ultrasound! So I have to ask you, what is the time difference? If it's 9 a.m. here, what time is it there?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #137
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Good news about the ultrasound! So I have to ask you, what is the time difference? If it's 9 a.m. here, what time is it there?

depends!!! We are 5 hours ahead of Florida/New York/Boston etc.

Plays havoc with the jet lag!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #138
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I am like you and need to crack down on this losing weight thing. We go in June and it's time!! I'm on vacation, at my moms, till Wed. When I get home it's cracka lackin time!
Good luck! I am on Day 2 and managing not too bad today. Going to go for a run while Emma is at swimming to earn bonus points!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
OOoo, good news from your ultrasound! That is always such a relief to get that kind of news!
Ah yes, the exercise/weight thing! I am in the same boat! The desire is there but so is the ice cream! I keep thinking about our 2 week beach vacation with all of my tiny, petite SIL's and I cringe! Guess the ice cream needs to stay at the store!
I too have a lovely slim SIL and would trade anything for her figure. She is pregnant at the moment and still has a lovely figure even with 8 weeks to go! When I was that pregnant I looked like I had swallowed an elephant. Life is just not that fair!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #139
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post

depends!!! We are 5 hours ahead of Florida/New York/Boston etc.

Plays havoc with the jet lag!!!
Okay,so then you are 6 hours ahead of me! Ew, so it's 6:43 at night there?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #140
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Okay,so then you are 6 hours ahead of me! Ew, so it's 6:43 at night there?
Nine thirty now!!! Time differences are a weird concept. Trying to get Emma to understand that her Aunt in New Zealand is 12 hours ahead of us is just so confusing for her! She thinks it is strange that when she goes to bed on Christmas Eve her Aunt is getting up and opening her presents from Santa!

Its hard when we arrive in the States to get used to the difference. We have to try to stay up as lat as we can and keep the kids up. Then of course they wake up at 4am thinking it is morning!!!! Not good!

On the way home we leave Florida at 6pm and arrive home at 7am which is really 2am to our bodies as the flight is 8 hours. So we pretty much lose a whole night and it is really hard to get back into reality.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #141
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Good news on that ultrasound.

I understand about packing the suitcase. I have this bright orange carry-on suitcase that I have made my WDW suitcase. I keep everything related to going to the parks in there.

I am trying to walk as often as possible and also do a little yoga to try to get in better shape.

One of my friends has a way of avoiding jetlag. I'll ask her to type it up for me and I'll send it to you. I haven't traveled far enough to use it myself.

to getting over your cold and that your first day back after holiday goes well!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 04-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #142
tinkgurl

Ugh, I'm so sorry about jet lag!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #143
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

Enjoying reading your PTR! I love your unique perspective from Scotland! I haven't been nearby there since I was 7 years old (we were in London...so nearer than the US). My family name is Irish and we can trace one of my grandmothers to Ireland as well...but no connections to Scotland.

So glad to see that it is green there...we are only barely beginning to get green here!

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 04-22-2009, 04:36 AM   #144
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
Enjoying reading your PTR! I love your unique perspective from Scotland! I haven't been nearby there since I was 7 years old (we were in London...so nearer than the US). My family name is Irish and we can trace one of my grandmothers to Ireland as well...but no connections to Scotland.

So glad to see that it is green there...we are only barely beginning to get green here!
It is so green here because of all the rain we get!!!!

Ireland is a beautiful country - I love it there! Helps that my favourite band are Irish!!! We have been over in Dublin for concerts and it is a lovely city - the people are so friendly and the accent is so nice! Have been to Northern Ireland a few times with work and have friends there. They love it and Belfast is a very vibrant city and not what you would imagine after the Troubles there. Would highly recommend a visit to both!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #145
DisneymoonJess07

Thank you for the recommendation...

Oh, if rain were the only thing needed for it to green up here...we have had so much rain, rain, rain...but at least today is sunny!

Hope your day is going well (since it is afternoon for you now!)

Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #146
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

Followed link to your TR. I'm a little behind, but the pictures of Scotland blew me away, so pretty. I can't wait to get caught up and read more .
Okay, caught up. I love slow days at work, but I made up for it on Monday. I work for a utility company. Monday was a due date for bills to be paid as well as shut off for non-payment of account. Your girls are so cute. I put my ticker up to remind me why I need to walk every night to get ready for the beach. I don't think that 1/2 of my summer clothes will even fit me. Look forward to more updates.

Last edited by marsa1969; 04-22-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #147
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Here is my friends jetlag remedy:

If your flight arrives at your destination before noon, then you sleep 4 hours and get up and sleep normal that evening. If your flight arrives at your destination after noon, then you sleep for 2 hours and get up and sleep normal that evening. Has worked for me everytime, but that's going west to east. I'm not sure if going east to west would make any difference because you are basically gaining time not losing it.

Don't know if it would help you, but thought I would offer the idea.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 04-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #148
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
Thank you for the recommendation...

Oh, if rain were the only thing needed for it to green up here...we have had so much rain, rain, rain...but at least today is sunny!

Hope your day is going well (since it is afternoon for you now!)
Sunny is good isn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsa1969 View Post
Followed link to your TR. I'm a little behind, but the pictures of Scotland blew me away, so pretty. I can't wait to get caught up and read more .
Okay, caught up. I love slow days at work, but I made up for it on Monday. I work for a utility company. Monday was a due date for bills to be paid as well as shut off for non-payment of account. Your girls are so cute. I put my ticker up to remind me why I need to walk every night to get ready for the beach. I don't think that 1/2 of my summer clothes will even fit me. Look forward to more updates.
Glad you enjoyed it! Looks like we are there at the same time - I'll keep my eyes open for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Here is my friends jetlag remedy:

If your flight arrives at your destination before noon, then you sleep 4 hours and get up and sleep normal that evening. If your flight arrives at your destination after noon, then you sleep for 2 hours and get up and sleep normal that evening. Has worked for me everytime, but that's going west to east. I'm not sure if going east to west would make any difference because you are basically gaining time not losing it.

Don't know if it would help you, but thought I would offer the idea.
That does make a lot of sense for the way home. We arrive in Edinburgh at about 10am so usually go home and have a few hours then stay up. Its very hard not to sleep for 10 hours!!!!!! We usually get a second wind anyway and a little take away curry in the evening with friends to catch up is on the cards for this year!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #149
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsa1969 View Post
OK so it was a bit of a blond moment but i can now see that you are going to the beach - not Disney!!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #150
DisneymoonJess07

Sunny is wonderful. And it is supposed to be sunny until Sunday!

Booed by n2wdisneyw!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: