Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
Lisharn
Earning My Ears

Can you bring your own food?

Do they let you bring your own lunch or snacks? Or do you have to sneak them in? I am trying to keep expenses down and bringing snacks for our girls (5 and 2) will help. We will probably get a cup for both but not every time they want a drink.
Lisharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
northshoremama
DIS Veteran

yes, you can bring in snacks. just make sure nothing is in a glass container, from which i understand is a "no-no". we brought in juiceboxes, bottled water, snacks in sandwich-sized ziploc bags. i've heard of people bringing in sandwiches, too.
northshoremama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Alex2kMommy
I'm going a little nutso myself (and Disney says I'm Goofy)and I dumped gracelessly butt-first into the pool
Who puts a hickey on an eyelid, for cryin' out loud?

i've heard of people bringing in coolers and storing them in a locker, but haven't actually seen anybody do that.

you can't have glass containers, and you can't bring a cooler that you pull along (both are deemed hazardous), but they don't really care if you bring food or non-alcoholic beverages into the park.

we bring water bottles and lots of snacks in with us, and never had any issues.

ps. bringing in your own water and snacks is a big money-saver; however, i realized before our last trip that we've missed out on many wonderful snack foods in the parks by doing this. on our last trip i made a point to try some fun snacks we'd heard about.

psssst! dole whip!

graphic design by eatmypixiedust
Alex2kMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
dmked
Mmmmmm I love the iced coffee at DL!
I'm looking forward to seeing the changes!

You can bring a soft sided cooler, but not a big hard cooler. We always bring snacks and drinks in and have never had a problem. But as the PP said, try some of Disneyland's great snacks, they are soooo worth it! Just no glass or alcohol, I think everything else is ok.

Disneyland, August 2002 for our honeymoon!
Disneyland and SeaWorld, August 2006
Disneyland, July 2008
Universal Studios and SeaWorld, July 2009
Disneyland, August 2010!
Disneyland and Knott's March 2011
Disneyland February 2013
dmked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
tonaly
Mouseketeer

Yep, they check the bags pretty well at the security checks and we bring in all kinds of food (lunch for 5 of us, plus snacks) and water bottles. Last time we went through the line they were making a couple throw away the glass jars they were trying to bring in (not sure why you'd bring your water in glass jars, it adds so much more weight, but the guy gulped down some of it, then tossed them in the recycle bin).

If you ride the tram they ask in the message that you eat outside food in in the picnic area outside the gate. I think this is more so you don't take up a table in the dining areas that a paying customer could eat at. We just found a bench or quiet area to sit on the ground, it was never a problem.

Alyson
Old 01-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonaly View Post
If you ride the tram they ask in the message that you eat outside food in in the picnic area outside the gate. I think this is more so you don't take up a table in the dining areas that a paying customer could eat at. We just found a bench or quiet area to sit on the ground, it was never a problem.
Alyson
Some people bring bread, sandwich meat, condiments, etc and build their meal there. That is the type of thing they wnt to steer towards the picnic area. If you have a sandwich all made nd in a backpack, they won't say a word.

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I can't recommend this, but I snapped this pic waiting for Jungle Cruise on our last trip.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I can't recommend this, but I snapped this pic waiting for Jungle Cruise on our last trip.

I have seen people eating KFC dinners in the park before, bucket and everything .

But official policy on the matter is, you're welcome to store coolers in the lockers outside the gates, but we ask that you enjoy non-DLR food in the picnic area located just to the left of the main entrance to Disneyland Park.

Former Disneyland Resort Cast Member

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..
glendalais is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: