Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #91
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla1977 View Post
What kind of parenting is that?
Some parents just don't have their priorities straight! Keep wishing upon a star for them. Maybe one day they will see the light.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #92
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Currently my ressies are from May 27 - June 3 and I think, from looking at your ticker, I would be there at the same time as you guys. The only problem is, I may end up having to cancel to due finances. My mom would be the one to go with me and she got laid off Dec 31...so it depends on if she can get a job and also, if I can scrounge up the money myself, as I am still paying on some surgery I had this past summer. I booked it because it was the buy 4 days, get 3 free deal. I'll know by April (when payment is due) if we can make it. If we do, we'll be at POFQ and I would love to meet up. Will keep ya informed!
Yes, we would overlap 3 days. Stay in touch. You can reach me at ndm1@thedisneydrivenlife.com .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #93
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
NDM #33 checking in...

Today I worked on my OneNote work of art. So far the categories are:

Itinerary, Food/drinks/snacks, resort info., transportation info., packing lists, misc. fun stuff to consider doing/buying, and PTR chapter titles. (Yes, I've even dutifully planned out HOW to write my PTR!!)

Am I missing something that a true NDM would have included?? I"m sure I'll think of more, and that my fellow NDMs, As, Hs, Us, Ws, and everyone else who is as utterly neurotic as me will guide me along the way. After all, I do have 20 months of time to "pull it all together" yet.

I think the friend who is hoping to go with me is already figuring out that she's hooked up with some kook, who can't call enough with the latest tidbit of trivia, or to expound upon the wisdom and virtue of planning early- like 2 years early! SHe had no idea that the room we want could actually be booked that far out!

Please send us more fodder to help us appreciate our decidedly NDM lifestyle as quickly as possible!

Your fellow NDM #33
You are off to a GREAT start. The only thing that I would add is that you need to begin indoctrinating your travelmate. She should become aware of The Sacred Seven (which will continue to be revealed in the report) too since she will have to adhere to them. Other than that, looking good as far as I'm concerned!

Any other NDPs (peeps) have something to add?
Old 01-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #94
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
I found youuuu
Stay with me, Meg! You're going to love what's coming up, especially since you were the one who inspired it all.

BTW, what do you want to be? The categories that you might qualify for are NDA (auntie . . . didn't know but might pertain) or NDI (individual). Which fits you best?
Old 01-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #95
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Progress is being made!

First, we have inducted over 50 people into our Neurotic Disney Community already. We currently consist of 38 NDMs (moms), 3 NDDs (dads), 2 NDGMs (grandmoms), 3 NDWs (wives), 2 NDHs (husbands), 1 NDA (auntie), 1 NDU (uncle), and 1 NDI (individual). I am very excited about this! If you are one of these people, would you please e-mail me a ndm1 @ thedisneydrivenlife.com ? I would like to make an "official" list tonight that I will try to post on our website thedisneydrivenlife.com. I won't list full names but I would like to list your first name, last initial, hometown state along with your designated title (for example, NDM#1-Jeni Lynn K. in VA).

If you don't have a title yet, just ask. You can e-mail me (which may get my attention more quickly) or post here.

I will be working on the website more tonight and will try to find a place where I can post our roster.

Also, our website is up and I have some initial things posted (an introduction in the "about" section as well as my first blog). Come join us over there. It will probably take me quite a bit of time to get the hang of this thing, but it should get better and better every week as I figure out more ways to make it interactive. I don't want this to just be my blog. I want ya'll to be involved too.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #96
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

I've been considering creating my own Disney blog. It will be happening soon hopefully. I'll let you know when it's up.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:53 PM   #97
acejka
DIS Veteran

Great read! I can't wait for more!

Can I be a Future NDM?

We aren't going to start trying for another 6 months at least (AHH it is so scary to say that!! I'm terrified!), but boy oh boy have I already started planning for a few Disney-fied babies!
First I made him get DVC so vacation lodging is pre-paid for, I've already started my dvd collection and put away a few small things here and there... scrapbook stuff, stuffed animals, bedtime story books etc... I am determined to make Disney World the first words!
Old 01-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #98
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Yes, I actually made a list of the 50 (that is my goal, and as an official NDM, I should have absolutely NO problem making that mark, should I now?) e-mails that will go to her over the months. Many topics are the same as my PTR, however since I am dealing with a complete Newbie, proper and complete indoctrination must be paramount! I shall extol on the 7 Sacred Tenets, and bring our banter dangerously close to the point of annoying her too, but all for the sake of a great, rather than mediocre, pilgrimage, right?

E-mail coming straight atcha!

Old 01-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #99
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla1977 View Post
I've been considering creating my own Disney blog. It will be happening soon hopefully. I'll let you know when it's up.
Keep me up to date.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:42 AM   #100
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejka View Post
Great read! I can't wait for more!

Can I be a Future NDM?

We aren't going to start trying for another 6 months at least (AHH it is so scary to say that!! I'm terrified!), but boy oh boy have I already started planning for a few Disney-fied babies!
First I made him get DVC so vacation lodging is pre-paid for, I've already started my dvd collection and put away a few small things here and there... scrapbook stuff, stuffed animals, bedtime story books etc... I am determined to make Disney World the first words!
You are a future NDM for sure, but would you mind being a NDW in the meantime? It may be hard to believe . . . but I'm getting swamped right now with requests, so I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible. But you can bet that I will be MORE THAN HAPPY to relinquish your NDW title and number to another and dub you a NDM when you are a preggers.

E-mail me at ndm1@thedisneydrivenlife.com with your response, first name, last initial, home state and we will proceed with the inevitable formalities as well as get you on that roster, baby! You can see our growing community at http://thedisneydrivenlife.com/ . I will be quicker to respond if I find you in my mailbox. Thanks! I'll be looking for your letter.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #101
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Yes, I actually made a list of the 50 (that is my goal, and as an official NDM, I should have absolutely NO problem making that mark, should I now?) e-mails that will go to her over the months. Many topics are the same as my PTR, however since I am dealing with a complete Newbie, proper and complete indoctrination must be paramount! I shall extol on the 7 Sacred Tenets, and bring our banter dangerously close to the point of annoying her too, but all for the sake of a great, rather than mediocre, pilgrimage, right?

E-mail coming straight atcha!
You betcha!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #102
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

We Are On Facebook

NDM#6 has stepped up to the plate and created a facebook page for us as well. Search "the Disney Driven Life" on facebook and join us.

Also, my friend and I are working hard to install THE CONFESSIONAL on the website. There we can all share the deepest, darkest, most neurotic things we have done in times of Disney desperation. Come play!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #103
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Second Time Around

DAY 7
SECOND TIME AROUND
For the first time in the history of my Disney life, I have plans to visit the Magic Kingdom® twice within the same trip. I am completely thrilled with this as it means that I will be able to experience the Magic Kingdom® in it’s entirety—something that I have never accomplished before. Needless to say, when the alarm goes off at 6:00am, it is not a real struggle to begin preparations for this unprecedented happening.

DH has learned from his past mistakes and does not hinder the family’s exit this morning. The kids, too, are energetic and eager to return to the fun we experienced just two days ago. So we all work together to hasten the necessary morning routines and get on with the joy of making beautiful memories.

We are able to catch a bus quickly and arrive at the park just as the rope is dropping. A direct path is taken to Tomorrowland® since this is where we ended our last visit. There is still unfinished business to attend to in this futuristic place, and all of us are eager to tie up our loose ends.

There are two attractions in Tomorrowland® that prohibit DD3’s participation—Stitch’s Great Escape!™ and Space Mountain®. Both of these rides can consume significant amounts of time either in waiting or in experiencing the ride, itself. To ask a 3 year-old to wait while the rest of her family takes on each exhibit two times is unreasonable, so DH and I design an elaborate plan that consists of the calculated timing of FastPasses, schizophrenic swapping of children, swift alternation between various Tomorrowland® attractions and consistent communication with cell phones. It is “divide and conquer” at its best, and it is executed to perfection. As DH not only cooperates with me in performing this complicated dance around Disney’s window to posterity but also enthusiastically organizes it, I realize just how far DH has come in his enthusiasm for the magic of Walt Disney World. He truly has reached a level of Disney fandom that I once thought was beyond reach, and I feel as if I have fallen in love all over again. Never has it been more clear to me that I am one of the fortunate few in the Disney domain who has married her true soul-mate.

After the exhilarating conquest of Space Mountain®, Stitch’s Great Escape!™, Tomorrowland® Transit Authority and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin in this whirlwind fashion, our family once again comes together to revel in the joy of each other’s company while we watch the show in Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor. It is a great time with lots of hilarious jokes, and it puts us in a jolly mood. So by the time we make it to the Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress, we are in great spirits and join the characters in singing the theme song (except for DH, who once again has found an ideal setting for a power nap).
Old 01-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #104
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Sounds like you had a good day 7 I've only been to MK twice in the same trip..that was 1980. I think we went twice in 1983 but can't remember. On our upcoming trip though, we're going at least twice If not more.

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 01-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #105
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

NDM #39 checking in to say hello and I found your report!! Yeah!

Very cool that DH is on board! I know that is sooo much easier for all NDMs!

So glad you can do MK 2 times this trip. Somehow it doesn't seem like a real trip for me unless we get to MK 2-4 times. We try for one rope drop and then usually just go back 1 or 2 more times at night for the parade and fireworks. I love all the parks but MK just holds that extra something special for me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: