Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #61
twinmom
Mouseketeer

Ooh Ooh, I want to be a NDM also. One of my twins first words were Mickey Mouse. I was so proud.

Can't wait for your website.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #62
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
Ooh Ooh, I want to be a NDM also. One of my twins first words were Mickey Mouse. I was so proud.

Can't wait for your website.
Your children exhibit such genteel behaviors and are obviously well-trained in living a life worthy of Mickey's notice. They are a credit to your new name.

Twinmom, I officially bestow upon you the position of NDM#14 . You shall henceforth bear the endearing, enchanting, noble and esteemed title of Neurotic Disney Mom. Go forth into THE WORLD and continue to live a life worthy of "The Happiest Place on Earth."

Just so ya'll know, yesterday was a busy day. Our group has grown to include 14 NDMs, 2NDDs(Dads), 1 NDGM(Grandmoms), 1NDW(Wife), and two others who are considering what their titles should be since they don't have spouses or children . . . maybe NDIs (Neurotic Disney Individuals) or possibly NDAs and NDUs (Aunties and Uncles). We also now have a website for our prized group thedisneydrivenlife.com which I will try to get up and running as soon as I can . . . will try to work on that some today. I LOVE this new job!

Everyone, keep track of your numbers for me. I have started a list, but until I get the website running and have a place to safely store this information, it is always possible I may lose my little notepaper or my computer will crash (it has happened before ). And I want to keep it all straight so that if we get t-shirts everyone will have their "jersey number."

Until then, keep living The Disney-Driven Life .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #63
spokanemom
DIS Veteran

You are hysterical. Will the shirts be like the ones that Jon & Kate have for their children when they go in public to keep a count on the kids? I can just see a sea of red, blue, green, whatever color is chosen, walking the earth with NDM#... on the back of them!

Alright, I think I need to join too, before you introduce an entrance fee. This will kind of be like an NDM Fastpass...

And BTW, I just don't see that there is anything wrong with Disney in your life everyday. It just makes things more magical and happy!

One child makes you a parent. Two children makes you a referee.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #64
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokanemom View Post
You are hysterical. Will the shirts be like the ones that Jon & Kate have for their children when they go in public to keep a count on the kids? I can just see a sea of red, blue, green, whatever color is chosen, walking the earth with NDM#... on the back of them!

Alright, I think I need to join too, before you introduce an entrance fee. This will kind of be like an NDM Fastpass...

And BTW, I just don't see that there is anything wrong with Disney in your life everyday. It just makes things more magical and happy!
I don't know what the shirts will look like, but if possible, I would love for everyone to display their designated titles and numbers. I suppose that I will need to design some kind of logo and color scheme. This is getting more fun by the minute. Maybe I'll make a Mickey head out of neurotic swirlie circles or something (like the Twilight Zone twirlie) . I'll have to carefully consider the colors that would best represent those living The Disney-Driven Life . . . maybe black and something else. Submissions, anyone? Be sure to give an explanation for your choice.

Spokeanemom, if I get enough hits on the new website maybe I will get some corporate sponsers. If and when that happens, and I start to earn enough profits to afford it, I will grant the first 50 NDIs (meaning moms, dads, grandmoms, wives, husbands, aunts, uncles, etc.) free membership benefits. Hopefully, that will include a t-shirt . So . . . .

Spokeanemom, I now bestow upon you the magical position of NDM#17 (which actually is my favorite number) . You shall now bear the noble and esteemed title of Neurotic Disney Mom. Go forth and live your Disney-driven life in a manner worthy of the Mouse and my favored number.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #65
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Where For Art Thou, Fairy Godmother?

WHERE FOR ART THOU, FAIRY GODMOTHER?
Now that things have calmed, DH confesses some romantic notions to me. I realize that we have not really spent time with each other today. Between the impossible Hidden Mickey hunt and the chaos of my family’s visit, DH and I have done little more than pass children between us. Apparently, this has fueled DH’s burning passion for me. I guess that absence really does make the heart grow fonder. The only other possible explanation for this unsolicited behavior is that seeing my endearing, neurotic personality in sharp contrast to my outright crazy relations puts me in a very attractive light.

I inquire about DH’s plan for the evening. He states that he really wants to take me to Artist’s Point for dinner. I assume the rest since I have been on enough romantic dinners to know what follows. I point out that we have a couple obstacles to overcome. The first one is lack of a babysitter. The second one is lack of an advanced dinner reservation. DH comments that he will do anything to find solutions to these problems, so I put my problem-solving skills to work.

I tell DH that we can possibly avail ourselves of the Cub’s Den, the babysitting center, but it will cost him. If they still have spaces open, they will bill us over $60.00 for a 2 hour escape . . . this is just for the sitters and does not include the price of our dinner. DH says that he doesn’t care. He will pay it.

So I make a quick run out to the Cub’s Den, jumping to reach and sound a cow bell in front of the arcade as I pass it. I guess the idea of some romance has put a little spring in my step. It would be lovely to have an adult evening in the beauty of an upscale restaurant that I have never visited before.

I peek my head into the Cub’s Den and ask the matronly women if they still have openings for three adorable critters. They reply that while they are almost at full capacity, they do still have some openings. My heart leaps with their response. One of the friendly women then takes her place behind the counter near the door and says that I just need to go over some things with her. She asks the age of my children. “Eight, six and three,” I cheerfully declare. “Oh,” the nanny surprisingly remarks, “We don’t take children under four.” “Oh dear,” I retort. Then in a snarky tone, the other nanny that is engaging a child on the floor says, “If we didn’t have so many children here tonight, we might make an exception. But we have too many other kids to consider it. Not a chance!”

My hopes of an enchanted evening are dashed. Missing the cut-off by three months, DD3 has demolished my dream of being whisked away by my handsome Prince Charming. I leave the Cub’s Den sans spring in my step.

As a last ditch effort at romance, I stop in at the mercantile to borrow another movie. But all of the films that would be suitable for family viewing as well as be of interest to DH have already been taken. I settle for “High School Musical 2.” DH will have no interest in this, but DD8 will be over the moon about it.

When I return to the villa, I inform DH of our misfortune. He wonders if there is any other way. I explain that short of my fairy godmother making an appearance, we are stuck with the children in our room for the evening. I reason that maybe this is for the best so that we can better prepare for our day at the Magic Kingdom® tomorrow. He reluctantly agrees with my logic, but the disappointment on his face is heart-wrenching.

This is in sharp contrast with DD8, who can’t believe her luck. She has not had the chance to view “High School Musical 2” previously. Now she will finally be a part of the whole HSM2 culture sweeping the nation. She hurriedly grabs the DVD and starts the movie. This is going to be good!

Once we have accepted the fact that an adult’s night is not in the cards for us this year, DH and I actually enjoy the sequel to Troy and Gabriella’s story. As we cuddle our little cubs on the couch, I consider that a second “family movie night” is a great runner-up to a romantic adult evening.

It is fitting that the high school body of our musical revue reminds us, “We’re all in this together,” for it seems that we can’t be separated even if we try. But after all the high school drama has been resolved, we once again tuck our little sleepy heads into their beds. Then DH and I tip-toe our way back to the separate bedroom and find that we can put a little “adult” into our evening after all.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #66
CantWaitToGo2007
Mouseketeer

I want to be a NDM too Apparently I talk a lot about Disney at work, I had two people come up to me this week and ask for advice on where to stay and to borrow a couple of my many Disney planning books

I can't help it. Disney is my happy place

Too bad about the cub's den not taking kids under 4. Next year she'll be old enough though

Pop Century Dec 19-26 2007, Sept 2015
Disneyworld 1991, 1992
Disneyland 6 times as a kid and in 2005

[/url]

Is your X-ray Tech certified?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #67
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I'm loving your report!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #68
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you posted your report! I was checking your jersey numbers and think that perhaps you left out lucky number 13! If that's the case can it be mine? Please oh please?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #69
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWaitToGo2007 View Post
I want to be a NDM too Apparently I talk a lot about Disney at work, I had two people come up to me this week and ask for advice on where to stay and to borrow a couple of my many Disney planning books

I can't help it. Disney is my happy place

Too bad about the cub's den not taking kids under 4. Next year she'll be old enough though
When others seek you out for WDW vacation planning advice, it is a sure sign that one is NDM material. Therefore:

CantWaitToGo2007, I now officially bestow upon you the prestigious position of NDM#25. You shall henceforth bear the esteemed title of Neurotic Disney Mom. Go forth in the World, loaning Disney vacation planning materials as you strive to uphold and teach The Sacred Seven. May the Mouse smile upon you as you endeavor to indoctrinate your family into Disney culture and lead a Disney-Driven Life!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #70
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I'm loving your report!
Thank you so much!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #71
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I'm so glad you posted your report! I was checking your jersey numbers and think that perhaps you left out lucky number 13! If that's the case can it be mine? Please oh please?
Wigd, you know that I would do anything for you if it was in my power. And you most assuredly are NDM material. However, I did--in fact--already designate a NDM#13. She was in another forum. This thing has practically overrun the earstoears forum for 2 days now, and it is picking up a little speed in the Mouse Owners forum. At this point, I'm also getting personal e-mails that I'm trying to keep up with. And I still haven't caught up.

So far there are 25 NDMs, 3 NDDs (dads), 1 NDGM (grand mom), 2 NDW (wives) and a handful of people who are trying to determine if they resonate more as a NDH (husband), NDU (uncle), NDA (auntie) or NDAlt (adult with no spouses or children).

Hopefully what I do have for you will still be adequate.

Wigdoutdismom, I officially bestow upon you the honorable position of NDM#26. You shall henceforth bear the esteemed and noble title of Neurotic Disney Mom. Go forth in the World, upholding all the sacred tenets of a Disney-driven Life and attaining more DVC points with each passing year (tell Shocker that he better start saving more of his pennies ). In time, you may even find that you are a character in thedisneydrivenlife.com blog since I will actually get to meet you this summer.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #72
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

I just finished page 1 and I'm loving it so far.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #73
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I would definitely qualify as well! Just ask DH or DKids who can't escape my constant bantering about ALL THINGS DISNEY! I have 2 trips planned-neither of which is less than 20 months away! Until then, they will have to hear daily about which park, which day, which restaurant, which resort and every Hidden Mickey I WILL find! Then, when I 'm done telling them about those plans, they will have to endure my rearranging it all 25 times until we go.

Pretty please- let me in too!

Old 01-10-2009, 07:40 AM   #74
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla1977 View Post
I just finished page 1 and I'm loving it so far.
Thank you so much!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #75
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I would definitely qualify as well! Just ask DH or DKids who can't escape my constant bantering about ALL THINGS DISNEY! I have 2 trips planned-neither of which is less than 20 months away! Until then, they will have to hear daily about which park, which day, which restaurant, which resort and every Hidden Mickey I WILL find! Then, when I 'm done telling them about those plans, they will have to endure my rearranging it all 25 times until we go.

Pretty please- let me in too!
I could never deny someone of your caliber! Your NDM trademark characteristics are so evident. It would be sacreligious to turn you away!

All7OfUs, by the power and authority vested in me, I hereby pronounce you to be NDM#33. You shall henceforth bear the esteemed, noble and obsessive title of Neurotic Disney Mom. Go forth in the World, daily subjecting your family to incessant ramblings about theme parks, restaurants, resorts and Hidden Mickeys (after all, it is for their own good mental health) and find blessing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: