Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #46
2BOYMOM
DIS Veteran

I have to say, I am totally enjoying your report. Your trip is so different than ours - my boys are teen-agers. Can't wait for more!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #47
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BOYMOM View Post
I have to say, I am totally enjoying your report. Your trip is so different than ours - my boys are teen-agers. Can't wait for more!
Thanks so much!

Yes, I can imagine that your trips are slightly more tame and relaxing. But that could depend on the teenager, I guess. I'm really looking forward to taking my kids when they are teens. We will be able to enjoy Disney more as peers I imagine. Of course, that is assuming that I succeed in my "mission" of teaching them to be neurotic like me. And I fully intend to succeed in my "mission."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #48
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sending me the PM! I've been sick for a week and still fighting it, so I will have to read this later, but thought I would subscribe to remind me. I want to feel great while reading your report!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014
Old 01-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #49
wickey's friend
I can get older but who says I have to grow up . . .
Tittered at the Twitter comments
Co-workers think I'm nuts anyway

"I eat Disney trivia for breakfast." Love this line -- can I steal it?

Raises hand. Can I be a NDM too? I can so relate to a lot of what you've written. Can't wait for more!
Old 01-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #50
Colson39
Ft. Wilderness or bust!
Had a GREAT weekend a lot of fun
They are starting to come out a bit now
I'm full of tags now that I have no clue about

One of, if not THE best trip reports I've ever read on this or any other site, and I've read a lot. Absolutely loved your writing style, and your attention to detail really drags us hardcore fans in.

Had to post so I could subscribe to this, I very much look forward to reading future updates from you!
Old 01-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #51
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickey's friend View Post
"I eat Disney trivia for breakfast." Love this line -- can I steal it?

Raises hand. Can I be a NDM too? I can so relate to a lot of what you've written. Can't wait for more!
You may use it along with your new NDM status.

Wickey's friend, I officially christen you as NDM #10 . You shall henceforth bear the noble title of a NDM. (the sound of pixie dust tinkering is heard in the background).
Old 01-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #52
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colson39 View Post
One of, if not THE best trip reports I've ever read on this or any other site, and I've read a lot. Absolutely loved your writing style, and your attention to detail really drags us hardcore fans in.

Had to post so I could subscribe to this, I very much look forward to reading future updates from you!
WOW!!! Thank you! I'll definitely post more soon. The report is already done and complete in my computer. I actually even have illustrations , but I don't know how to post those. I just have to do some more copying and pasting.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #53
twinmom
Mouseketeer

I vote we all pitch in and send you to WDW more often so we can all be entertained by your writing.

I swear when you were describing WL lobby I felt I was there. I have stayed there before and it took me right back. I agree this is the best report I have ever read and I am so sad it is about to end.

Did you ever figure out what was causing Angel to break down again and again or was there even a reason? I am so lucky my boys never had tantrums like that and especially not at WDW. They are always on their best behavior when they are there. When they were 5, 5 and 7. I actually got complimented on their behavior from another guest at Le Cellier. If only they could see them at home
Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #54
wickey's friend
I can get older but who says I have to grow up . . .
Tittered at the Twitter comments
Co-workers think I'm nuts anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDM#1 View Post
You may use it along with your new NDM status.

Wickey's friend, I officially christen you as NDM #10 . You shall henceforth bear the noble title of a NDM. (the sound of pixie dust tinkering is heard in the background).

Oh, yeah!!! I'm #10 I shall wear my title with pride!!! And yes, I heard the pixie dust.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #55
MEK
DIS Veteran

Count me in as a NDM. I will read your full report after I update my own TR. I can tell yours is going to be intense!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #56
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Count me in as a NDM. I will read your full report after I update my own TR. I can tell yours is going to be intense!
MEK, with a great amount of enthusiasm, I officially christen you as NDM#11 ! You shall henceforth bear the noble title of NDM (tinkering pixie dust sound). Wear this very esteemed title with pride and go forth into the great world of Disney!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #57
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
I vote we all pitch in and send you to WDW more often so we can all be entertained by your writing.

I swear when you were describing WL lobby I felt I was there. I have stayed there before and it took me right back. I agree this is the best report I have ever read and I am so sad it is about to end.

Did you ever figure out what was causing Angel to break down again and again or was there even a reason? I am so lucky my boys never had tantrums like that and especially not at WDW. They are always on their best behavior when they are there. When they were 5, 5 and 7. I actually got complimented on their behavior from another guest at Le Cellier. If only they could see them at home
Oh! I like your way of thinking!

I'm so glad that I could make you feel like you were there. That is ABSOLUTELY what I'm going for.

Don't be too sad. I still have another day of MK fun to post as well as check-out day. After that, maybe I'll start a blog or something. I'll invite you if I do so you can hear about our crazy Disney antics year round.

I think Angel was overtired, overstimulated, crashing from a sugar high and trying to manipulate Grammy. She really is a fun and adorable little girl. But that day I was about to throw her in Bay Lake. LOL.

Your boys sound like little gentlemen. You are blessed. It is especially impressive with your twins. While I love my niece and nephew very much, I am stunned by their wild antics sometimes. It's almost like they will sometimes conspire to tag team my sister. One is always into some kind of mischief. But then they can also be completely cute and magical. You know that nursery rhyme about the girl with a curl . . . when she was good, she was very, very good. When she was bad . . .
Old 01-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #58
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

I'm caught up now. What great trip report! I missed it the first time around, so I am glad you reposted it.

I totally agree about writing a book And I will go to read the blog to if you decided to do one.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #59
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Can I be an NDM too?
Silly question, that... I have been one for as long as I can remember. DD5 and DD8 were discussing the relative merits of Figment vs. Stitch in the car a few days ago. DH just shook his head and remarked that they are SO my children. The indoctrination will continue.

I am enjoying your trip report very much. You have a wonderful style of writing! I can't wait to read about what happens next.

Oh, BTW, I love the Seven Sacred Tenets so far, and I completely agree with them. Looking forward to the revealing of the rest of them.

Upcoming California and Disneyland Pre-Trip!
"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #60
NDM#1
I am the original NDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorsha View Post
Can I be an NDM too?
Silly question, that... I have been one for as long as I can remember. DD5 and DD8 were discussing the relative merits of Figment vs. Stitch in the car a few days ago. DH just shook his head and remarked that they are SO my children. The indoctrination will continue.

I am enjoying your trip report very much. You have a wonderful style of writing! I can't wait to read about what happens next.

Oh, BTW, I love the Seven Sacred Tenets so far, and I completely agree with them. Looking forward to the revealing of the rest of them.
This is absolutely a scenario that would occur in my family except that my DH would then state his mantra, "The brainwashing is now complete" and shake his head. You are a NDM without a doubt.

Sorsha, I most emphatically christen you as NDM#12 . You shall henceforth bear the endearing and noble title of Neurotic Disney Mom. Go forth into THE World (you know which World I mean, of course) and spread pixie dust wherever you go. (*tinker**tinker*)

BTW, NDMs are prone to doing things that are impulsive, especially if the action involves Disney. I committed such a crime yesterday in response to ya'll and some other feedback I'm getting on other forums. You are now communicating with the new owner of thedisneydrivenlife.com . I'm not exactly sure what I will do with it (especially since I'm not a tech savvy NDM and it may take me a little bit to set it up). But I guess I'm going to at least use it to blog about my Disney-centered life and gather other NDIs (Neurotic Disney Individuals). Maybe we'll get those t-shirts after all . Anyway, if you want to write to me at ndm1@thedisneydrivenlife.com , I am going to begin keeping an "official" list of NDIs over there in case this really comes into it's own. And Sorsha, you're getting in on the ground floor, girl!

Oh! And I will post the rest of the report soon. I'm trying to get my report on other forums caught up with this one, so I'm not so confused about "who is where" in the tale. Also, now I'm trying to figure out what having a website means and how I am going to pay for it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: