Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #1441
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Thrifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Peg, I think you have the link to "Shirley's healful thread". It's got the info there, but Budget, Avis, Hertz, Thrifty/Dollar should all be options for you. You can pretty much just shop for the best price. Also, check out the price for keeping the car more than one day. You might want to explore the option of eating off Disney property (I can't believe I'm saying that) or using the car to get to ALK for Boma or Jiko. We can discuss that in detail later....just let's talk before you book.

Thrifty just said they don't have a drop off at WDW - only orland airport and place on "International Hwy" or BLVD...or something. I'll go back and see if I can find Shirley's thread you sent.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #1442
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Peg, here's the resaturant Marilyn (granmaz) recommends:

http://www.seasons52.com/

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #1443
KayR
DIS Veteran

OMG OMG OMG

NOW I am excited.

Just arrived back home today to find my Cruise Travel Kit in the mail.

That means all these months of waiting are nearly over! This makes it almost real now.

-Kay

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 04-19-2009, 11:46 PM   #1444
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

LURKERS....post and say "HI" at least.
Hi Jackie... (but I don't count, now do I?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
DONE - FINISHED - FINITO! (not sure how to spell finito...)

My meetings are DONE for the year and now I can focus on MY LIFE! I cannot tell you what a great feeling it is - to know that all that hard work finally in EVERY WAY paid off. It was fun standing at the Pioneer Village looking around at the people I work with that are usually so uptight and critical - to see them with branding irons in their hands, smiles on their faces and hearing laughter! Watching them play "quick draw" and throwing tomahawks - after their cattle drive and hay ride! One of the Regional Managers, grabbed my arm and pulled me up to the bar and we did a shot of Tequilla! Holy Schmoly! It was so worth it. Earlier in the day my boss before thanking everyone for coming, personally gave me KUDOS in front of everyone. Just like he did the first year... boy it's nice to be back on track!

Last night when they boarded the bus (to take them back to the hotel from their big extravaganza event) to see the look on Mike's (boss) face - when the Directors (our customers who are VP's, President's and CEO's of their companies) made it a point to hug me and thank me for all my hard work (including the wives) I was on - the wives of my own COMPANY don't treat me like that! Well, except for my boss - his wife is WONDERFUL!!!!

Anyway, not trying to toot my own horn, I'm just so darn thankful it went without a hitch and I got to meet a "new" group of Director's and their wives. I think this year was the best yet!

NOW - on to truly important business - the business of planning MY / excuse me - OUR cruise!!!!

Does anyone know how I can find out what rental car options are at the TERMINAL for pick-up. I will compare only those - and make it easier. I know Avis is one - is there a link maybe? I think it might be time for me to do some RESEARCH!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Peg... you sound like you need a vacation...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-20-2009, 06:15 AM   #1445
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
...I cannot tell you what a great feeling it is - to know that all that hard work finally in EVERY WAY paid off. It was fun standing at the Pioneer Village looking around at the people I work with that are usually so uptight and critical - to see them with branding irons in their hands, smiles on their faces and hearing laughter! Watching them play "quick draw" and throwing tomahawks - after their cattle drive and hay ride! One of the Regional Managers, grabbed my arm and pulled me up to the bar and we did a shot of Tequilla! Holy Schmoly! It was so worth it. Earlier in the day my boss before thanking everyone for coming, personally gave me KUDOS in front of everyone. Just like he did the first year... boy it's nice to be back on track!

Last night when they boarded the bus (to take them back to the hotel from their big extravaganza event) to see the look on Mike's (boss) face - when the Directors (our customers who are VP's, President's and CEO's of their companies) made it a point to hug me and thank me for all my hard work (including the wives) I was on - the wives of my own COMPANY don't treat me like that! Well, except for my boss - his wife is WONDERFUL!!!!

Anyway, not trying to toot my own horn, I'm just so darn thankful it went without a hitch and I got to meet a "new" group of Director's and their wives. I think this year was the best yet!
Toot away, Peg!!! Sounds like you were awesome... Well done you...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 04-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #1446
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Michelle, you will ALWAYS 'count'! But I wouldln't qualify you as a lurker. Hope you get word soon on your work project so you can start booking some vacations!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #1447
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Signature Line

Quote:
Michelle, you will ALWAYS 'count'! But I wouldln't qualify you as a lurker. Hope you get word soon on your work project so you can start booking some vacations!

Yeah, your signature line looks so much better!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #1448
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Toot away, Peg!!! Sounds like you were awesome... Well done you...

Thanks pal'mine!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #1449
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:

Until then I just intend to stalk you all...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #1450
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
OMG OMG OMG

NOW I am excited.

That means all these months of waiting are nearly over! This makes it almost real now.

-Kay
I got mine yesterday too!!!! (or should I say....NAN - I got ours yesterday!)
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
Old 04-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #1451
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
We got ours over the weekend. I suppose I need to think about making final payment after we get back from our upcoming WDW trip.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #1452
ibouncetoo

I guess it's time to start watching the mailbox.

I plan on doing final payment the first week of June. Want to be sure everything is processed by the 90 day mark. I still need to transfer my reservation to Peg's TA to get their on board credit. Guess I'll take care of that this week.

Things to be done by 6/14

Transfer reservation to TA
Pay for cruise
Buy trip insurance
Decide on excursions

And the week PRIOR to that...decide on WDW ADRs

Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #1453
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
I guess it's time to start watching the mailbox.

I plan on doing final payment the first week of June. Want to be sure everything is processed by the 90 day mark. I still need to transfer my reservation to Peg's TA to get their on board credit. Guess I'll take care of that this week.

Things to be done by 6/14

Transfer reservation to TA
Pay for cruise
Buy trip insurance
Decide on excursions

And the week PRIOR to that...decide on WDW ADRs

You left something off your list;

Organize Ian & Sukie's Excursions and tell them what to do.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #1454
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Ian/Sukie/Jackie/Cheri/Kathe - where are you guys staying once you arrive (the 4th, right)?
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
Old 04-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #1455
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
OMG OMG OMG

NOW I am excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
We got ours over the weekend. I suppose I need to think about making final payment after we get back from our upcoming WDW trip.
Great news!!! I shall be watching out for ours...

Just popping by to say I've just finished a very swift trip report - more of an A-Z of highlights really - but here's the link should anyone wish to peruse...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: