Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #1426
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Oh man....that's a way better vacation than mine! Sounds FABULOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear all about it & see the pics.
I'm really looking forward to it. Definitely planning on taking a lot of pics. I'll have my laptop with me so I'll be reporting in along the way.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #1427
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
Yeah I'm first

Really Monica is first it was she who humbly offered to share her bunk with me and also came up with the dinner date

Ok, I just like my name on top

What's the menu like there Deb? Is it only fish?

Just for you Nan, here's a linky:

http://www.fishlipswaterfront.com

Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #1428
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:

Guess I should have kept reading first since Jackie beat me to it. Thanks Jackie, well done!
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #1429
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Hi Deb!

I'm sure Nan'll be up for this - let's decide on a time once she lets us know what time her flight gets into MCO. If it ends up just being the 4 of us do you know if they'll take a reservation?

Yes, we like them because they LOVE Disers. No problem about the time. We'll already be in Coca Beach with a car. We have plenty of time to figure it all out.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #1430
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:

OH Monica.....I LOVE this excursion, but I'm afraid because it's not a DCL and it goes out at 8:15 am and we offload at 8am and then there's one at 12:15pm that doesn't come back until 4pm and we take off at 4:30pm. Both are cutting it too close for my comfort. Everything is an -ish time meaning that nothing is locked in stone. And you know that I don't move that quickly. So running is out of the question. I don't think it would be a good idea to take such a risk, although I would certainly LOVE to do it. Thanks for thinking of me. If the timing worked out a little better I would do it in a heartbeat.

Besides, John would really rather go to the hotel with the beach and pool. He's not comfortable snorkeling in deep water. He would rather snorkel offshore so he can stand up. There are always compromises.

We'll stick with the hotel for St. Thomas. We're more flexibile with Tortola. So far we're looking at the land and sea excursion....sightseeing by both land and sea. I would be more willing to do something else on this island if you happen to come across another excursion, especially with turtles.

Thanks for looking out.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 04-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #1431
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
There is other stuff too....the fish & chips is yummy
I thought you said Fish & LIPS... must read slower...

Quote:
Oh man....that's a way better vacation than mine! Sounds FABULOUS!

You don't like Chicago?

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-16-2009, 05:57 PM   #1432
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post

You don't like Chicago?
Yep love it, lived there for 10 years.....Italy would be NEW TERRITORY!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 04-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #1433
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
We have stayed at the Royal Pacific and really loved it. It is the 'cheapest' of the three hotels, but is very very nice. We have friends who stay at the Portofino Bay, and that is more upmarket of course. We looked around the place and it looks stunning.

I think it depends on budget. Portofino Bay is further away from the parks but you can still walk if you want. There is boat transportation. We walked most of the time from the Royal Pacific.
Actually, for the days we're going, Royal Pacific is $10/night more expensive than Portofino Bay. I was thinking we should take advantage of PBH being less for once. On the other hand, the theming and closer proximity to the parks makes RPR enticing. Can't decide. Are there better pool areas for little kids at one versus the other?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #1434
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
Actually, for the days we're going, Royal Pacific is $10/night more expensive than Portofino Bay. I was thinking we should take advantage of PBH being less for once. On the other hand, the theming and closer proximity to the parks makes RPR enticing. Can't decide. Are there better pool areas for little kids at one versus the other?
Hi! We stayed at PBH a few years ago and TOTALLY loved it! We also stayed at HRH last week and my teenage (emphasis on the teenage) son loved that too. But for a family with young children, we'd vote for PBH - esp if it's cheaper than RPR, that's almost a no-brainer IMO... And I think they do character dining there some evenings... Good luck with whatever you decide...

Just read your pool question - PBH has 3, if I recall correctly, and the Beach Pool has a beach entry pool, water slide, and kids play area. The Villa pool has private cabanas which are a luxurious extra and great for protecting little ones from the sun... It sounds so good, I'm tempted to book myself ASAP!!!
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...

Last edited by CustardTart; 04-16-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #1435
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Is it September yet ??
Old 04-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #1436
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?

LURKERS....post and say "HI" at least.
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 04-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #1437
ibouncetoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic View Post
Is it September yet ??
Well, I don't want to wish away my May vacation, but I'm asking the same question myself. I miss the MAGIC.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #1438
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

I'm free, I'm free thank GOD I'm free!

DONE - FINISHED - FINITO! (not sure how to spell finito...)

My meetings are DONE for the year and now I can focus on MY LIFE! I cannot tell you what a great feeling it is - to know that all that hard work finally in EVERY WAY paid off. It was fun standing at the Pioneer Village looking around at the people I work with that are usually so uptight and critical - to see them with branding irons in their hands, smiles on their faces and hearing laughter! Watching them play "quick draw" and throwing tomahawks - after their cattle drive and hay ride! One of the Regional Managers, grabbed my arm and pulled me up to the bar and we did a shot of Tequilla! Holy Schmoly! It was so worth it. Earlier in the day my boss before thanking everyone for coming, personally gave me KUDOS in front of everyone. Just like he did the first year... boy it's nice to be back on track!

Last night when they boarded the bus (to take them back to the hotel from their big extravaganza event) to see the look on Mike's (boss) face - when the Directors (our customers who are VP's, President's and CEO's of their companies) made it a point to hug me and thank me for all my hard work (including the wives) I was on - the wives of my own COMPANY don't treat me like that! Well, except for my boss - his wife is WONDERFUL!!!!

Anyway, not trying to toot my own horn, I'm just so darn thankful it went without a hitch and I got to meet a "new" group of Director's and their wives. I think this year was the best yet!

NOW - on to truly important business - the business of planning MY / excuse me - OUR cruise!!!!

Does anyone know how I can find out what rental car options are at the TERMINAL for pick-up. I will compare only those - and make it easier. I know Avis is one - is there a link maybe? I think it might be time for me to do some RESEARCH!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #1439
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Indeed

Quote:
Well, I don't want to wish away my May vacation, but I'm asking the same question myself. I miss the MAGIC.

I know what you mean, I'm looking forward to next weekend and riding in the mountains of New Mexico! Has anyone seen the new "alien" commercial for the State??? It's hysterical!!!! New Mexico tourism board did it I believe!

Good Morning SISTER!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #1440
ibouncetoo

Peg, I think you have the link to "Shirley's healful thread". It's got the info there, but Budget, Avis, Hertz, Thrifty/Dollar should all be options for you. You can pretty much just shop for the best price. Also, check out the price for keeping the car more than one day. You might want to explore the option of eating off Disney property (I can't believe I'm saying that) or using the car to get to ALK for Boma or Jiko. We can discuss that in detail later....just let's talk before you book.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: