Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #91
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
We are now on the WB Transatlantic in 2010. We made the decision to cancel the Baltic and do that instead. Hard decision, but the TA is half the price for 2 more days.

Have to work out the dreaded one way airfares though.

When I looked into it, the Disney airfare looked really good. The problem was no time to see Barcelona, as they have you fly in that morning. I do not think we will be able to take the cruise so I did not investigate whether they would book airfare for a day or two earlier though.

Jan :
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #92
pit303
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post

When I looked into it, the Disney airfare looked really good. The problem was no time to see Barcelona, as they have you fly in that morning. I do not think we will be able to take the cruise so I did not investigate whether they would book airfare for a day or two earlier though.

Jan :
Joe and I are booked on the WBTA also and we are flying over on Thursday with Disney got the same airfare as if we were flying over on Friday and now we will have a full day in Barcelona

Now for our other news we maybe cancelling this cruise. Our good friends really want to do an Alaskan cruise and want us to join them in July. We are going to do the Alaska cruise and are still debating whether to cancel this cruise or do both. It is a hard decision especially with oldest DD getting married in Dec 09
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #93
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit303 View Post
Joe and I are booked on the WBTA also and we are flying over on Thursday with Disney got the same airfare as if we were flying over on Friday and now we will have a full day in Barcelona

Now for our other news we maybe cancelling this cruise. Our good friends really want to do an Alaskan cruise and want us to join them in July. We are going to do the Alaska cruise and are still debating whether to cancel this cruise or do both. It is a hard decision especially with oldest DD getting married in Dec 09

That's a shame, but you know your circumstances. I hope you stay with us though.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #94
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:

Lots to decide--Best Wishes as you figure out what is best. We will enjoy hearing about your plans if you want to share!!
If you cancel Tortola, let us know--you will be missed

Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #95
pit303
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's a shame, but you know your circumstances. I hope you stay with us though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Lots to decide--Best Wishes as you figure out what is best. We will enjoy hearing about your plans if you want to share!!
If you cancel Tortola, let us know--you will be missed

Jan
Thank you I promise I will keep you all posted of our decision
Old 01-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #96
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
We are now on the WB Transatlantic in 2010. We made the decision to cancel the Baltic and do that instead. Hard decision, but the TA is half the price for 2 more days.

Have to work out the dreaded one way airfares though.
WOOOO HOOOOOO!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 01-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #97
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Glad you are feeling better Deb!

Well, got one piece of business settled for this trip...where our signature dining will be during the pre cruise WDW stay....CITRICOS. Can't wait to try it.

Oh, Kathe....remember what I PM'd you about...well the rest of the team is A-OK with that plan should I have to go to the Hyatt.

Got the first vacation of the year booked today. A week in Chicago in May to play with sister Dianne, Cheri (who will be dog sitting for Ian & Sukie part of the time) and Ian & Sukie when they return from their WDW vacation. If three Tortolians gather in the same place.....does that make it a DIS MEET?

I love your team We'll see what happens, lots of planning time yet Three Tortolians definately mean an official dismeet! I only wish I could join in, but I'll be heading to disney world instead Funny you should mention trying out Citrocos. I have been considering this for my May trip. I love Jiko but have been a number of times, and I've been to CG a couple of times. I've only been to Citricos once, it was for a special Australian dinner during the Food and Wine Fest the first year I attended. It was a wonderful meal! I've always wanted to return to try out their regular menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoLittleMermaid View Post

Hi! I'm here! Cheri, age 59 (at the moment), late dining, FE, looking forward to 3 weeks with some of my favorite people!!!

Just don't call me late to dinner!

Yeah, what she said!!!
Hi Cheri So glad you've checked in! How are you?

Kathe

Old 01-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #98
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope you don't have to cancel, but understand if you do. What a busy year this will be for you!

Kathe

Old 01-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #99
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Hi Kathe!

I'm at work, but getting ready to head home. Having the same old delima...go home and cook or stop somewhere along the way....always tempting on a Friday night to go out and play!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 01-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #100
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Kathe!

I'm at work, but getting ready to head home. Having the same old delima...go home and cook or stop somewhere along the way....always tempting on a Friday night to go out and play!
Hi Jackie! Going out to play definately sounds like more fun As for me...a Lean Cuisine tonight and up for work at 5:30 AM tomorrow so I'll be heading to bed soon

Kathe

Old 01-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #101
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Glad you are feeling better Deb!

Well, got one piece of business settled for this trip...where our signature dining will be during the pre cruise WDW stay....CITRICOS. Can't wait to try it.
(Jackie threatened my dogs, unless I agreed to her restaurant demands)

Old 01-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #102
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

I am under strict instructions to start thinking about our restaurant selections for our week before the cruise.

My assignment is to turn in a complete list, prioritized and forced rank.

I feel like I'm about to take the SATs.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #103
DisneyRN1
Dis Veteran

Quote:
If you have an annual Pass, or are a Florida resident, you can purchase a discount card(Tables in Wonderland) for most table service restaurants at Disney. I think it was $60 for AP holders. You get 20% off most meals and drinks for up to 10 people. They do automatically add 18% gratuity, but as we would normally tip 20%, that is ok.
Thanks Marilyn..it's been probably 10 years since we had an annual pass, so I guess that's why I didn't know about the TIW card. Sounds like it could be useful if we get an annual pass again. Congrats on the TA in Sept 2010. Had thought about that myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Grumpy John View Post
Hi Vicki, hows the arm doing glad to see you on here again
Hi John, good to see you here also. My wrist is much better than the last time you saw me , but not quite back to normal-if that is even possible. But I learned a valuable lesson about patience while I was healing, not to mention a renewed (sympathy) & admiration for everyone who has struggles like that everyday and manages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
$60 is correct, $80 if you're a Fl. resident I believe. One trip to Yachtman's and it practically paid for itself. There's no restrictions on what you have to eat either like on the DDP, which is really nice. So if you're not really hungry you can just have an appetizer instead of a big entree.
Thanks for the info. I am not sure what kind of meal "deals" we will have, if any. I have done the dining plan numerous times in the past when it was called "the grand plan" or something like that. It used to include 3 sit down meals with appetizers, entree, and dessert, with 2 or 3 snacks a day. Plus it used to allow access to the concierge floor even if you weren't staying there. Like I said-it was a long time ago. Now we don't eat that much (except for desserts) so I think the flexible plan would be better for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

Hi Jackie.....miss you and love you too.....I've been so very sick. I think it was a stomach flu. I caught it from Jan! hahahaha.

Jan I'm so sorry that you and your family had it during your Christmas visit and that we were not able to get together. I hope you're feeling better now. I loved the pictures of Sophia.....thanks for sharing.

Oh and thanks so much for sharing the stomach flu too.....hahaha.....I had it really bad.....migrains, head spins, nauseous, chills, weakness.....it lasted almost a week also. Glad that I'm on the mend now and starting to feel a little better. I didn't mean to go MIA intentionally.....just couldn't lift my head off the pillow without getting violently ill. It wasn't pretty.
Welcome back Debbie-hope you continue to feel better. I started posting again, because our trip is coming up soon and it's time to plan. Can't wait for the Champagne Girls....will you let us know how much we owe you for whatever ?

[QUOTE=NotSoLittleMermaid;29560520]

Hi! I'm here! Cheri, age 59 (at the moment), late dining, FE, looking forward to 3 weeks with some of my favorite people!!!

Hi Cheri!!! We came very close to visiting Arizona in Feb. It would have been way down in Tucson for the jewelry show, but we would have traveled around the state some. We had to change our plans because Greg's having surgery in a couple of weeks. We are going to Vegas instead in April.

Quote:
Well, John, you know we will....because I know EXACTLY where to find you two....near the pool, BBC in hand!

OK, here's a Question of the Day for everyone:

Where will you be staying the night before the cruise?

My family plan is to all stay together at the Hyatt...but I think there will be discussion later on to see if anyone else is coming early for a visit to WDW pre-cruise. Peg and Jose are thinking of staying after the cruise to see Cape Canaveral and Epcot. I'm hoping to convince them to do Epcot pre-cruise and Cape Canaveral post-cruise. Now, if anybody has DVC points to rent and I could get them into BC or Boardwalk Villas THAT would help!
I remember Peg enjoyed our stay for one night at Animal Kingdom, even without a park visit....and Magical Express from the airport is free....and we could then do group transportation to the port with some DIS pals....limo/mini van/private bus. How am I doing on the 'persuasions'?
Hi Jackie...we don't have definite plans, but would like to do either military discount at SOG, or buy 4, get 3 free at one of the resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katypop View Post
Hope you don't have to cancel, but understand if you do. What a busy year this will be for you!

Kathe
Hi Kathe!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to seeing you in Sept. I will love to buy you a DOD or something to thank you for playing nurse for me the day I was injured.:sad1 I am supposed to be the nurse.!

Sorry for being so wordy....Vicki
Old 01-10-2009, 04:31 AM   #104
ibouncetoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I am under strict instructions to start thinking about our restaurant selections for our week before the cruise.

My assignment is to turn in a complete list, prioritized and forced rank.

I feel like I'm about to take the SATs.
Ah, but you have till about JUNE SIXTH to complete the assignment. AND you will be there in May for a 'field test'.

(and I would NEVER threaten puppies!)

Old 01-10-2009, 04:39 AM   #105
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Jackie, you should be asleep.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: