Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #901
woj68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post

Want to meet at Fishlips the night before boarding???

Cheri, how about you??? Are you staying near the port again???
Thanks for the offer Deb, but we didn't want to make any dinner plans yet cuz we're not sure how long we'll be at KSC.

I noticed that I wrote we're staying at Comfort Inn & Suites. Wrong, it's Country Inn & Suites.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:47 PM   #902
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Yes, Ian, I did mean directly from the ship. I know in Dec '07 when we had OUR OWN BUS* to the airport, we were able to drop people off for a couple of flights before noon and I know I've been in the airport and through security in enough time for a 11:30AM flight. I was hoping for encouragement from folks who have done that.

Deb, Cheri will be in WDW with us pre-cruise.

Thanks for the update Jackie.

Peg and Jose plan to arrive on Thursday and stay at the Hyatt Thu and Fri night, so Jose can have a day to sleep BEFORE his vacation starts! Peg will read books, maybe swim and shop until the rest of the crew arrives Friday afternoon/evening. Peg & Jose are doing Kenedy Space Center after the cruise, then heading to WDW for a few days after that. I (they) don't know where they are staying Sat in CocoaBeach/PC yet. I just mentioned to her yesterday that she may want to look at reserving a car also...I hear those rates are going up.

I had planned to go back to the Hyatt the night before the cruise, as I thought Peg would want the family there together for dinner that night and the commute to the ship. But she just said that wasn't necessary, so I can stay and play at WDW all day Friday! (We haven't decided where we are putting Dianne that night!)

This means we could organize some kind of group transport from WDW to PC Saturday AM. I'll check out some of the limo options. I'm pretty sure there were at least 15 of us in the Hummerzine last May and we had a van follow behind with the luggage. I know my share wasn't any MORE than DCL and probably less and it was WAY more fun! I've also done the above mentioned* BUS. My cruise-mate hired an entire bus for us to go from SSR to PC and then from PC to MCO. We only had about 22 people and our share was $30 each way...would be less with a bigger group (the bus probably holds 50-60). I'll try and get contact info from her. Anyway...stuff to think about.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #903
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woj68 View Post
Thanks for the offer Deb, but we didn't want to make any dinner plans yet cuz we're not sure how long we'll be at KSC.

I noticed that I wrote we're staying at Comfort Inn & Suites. Wrong, it's Country Inn & Suites.

That sounds like a good plan, I know you'll have a great time there.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #904
KayR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woj68 View Post

What kind of rate did you get? I was wondering about staying there the night before. Do do you know if they allow parking during the cruise?

-Kay

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 02-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #905
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
What kind of rate did you get?
-Kay
I was wondering this also, if you will share that info.

Deb, also what kind of rate did you get for your ocean side place? I want to share this info with Peg as they'll need a place for the night after the cruise.

I sent off the e-mail asking about the bus.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 02-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #906
EllaEnchanted
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
I was wondering this also, if you will share that info.

Deb, also what kind of rate did you get for your ocean side place? I want to share this info with Peg as they'll need a place for the night after the cruise.

I sent off the e-mail asking about the bus.

The hotel is on the oceanfront. I just have a regular room....but they usually try to get me an oceanfront room if available. I'm paying $99 for Thurs and $117 for Fri night. Here's their info if Peg is interested:

Holiday Inn
COCOA BEACH-OCEANFRONT
1300 NORTH ATLANTIC AVENUE
COCOA BEACH, FL 32931 UNITED STATES
Hotel Front Desk: 1-321-7832271

Upcoming DIS Cruises
Old 02-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #907
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
I would panic with a 10am flight. I suppose though that the ships very rarely if at all are late docking.
That's why I wanted to know if after a cruise or after WDW. If after a cruise, the flight should be in the afternoon.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #908
iankh

Quote:
Yes, Ian, I did mean directly from the ship. I know in Dec '07 when we had OUR OWN BUS* to the airport, we were able to drop people off for a couple of flights before noon and I know I've been in the airport and through security in enough time for a 11:30AM flight. I was hoping for encouragement from folks who have done that.

Deb, Cheri will be in WDW with us pre-cruise.

Peg and Jose plan to arrive on Thursday and stay at the Hyatt Thu and Fri night, so Jose can have a day to sleep BEFORE his vacation starts! Peg will read books, maybe swim and shop until the rest of the crew arrives Friday afternoon/evening. Peg & Jose are doing Kenedy Space Center after the cruise, then heading to WDW for a few days after that. I (they) don't know where they are staying Sat in CocoaBeach/PC yet. I just mentioned to her yesterday that she may want to look at reserving a car also...I hear those rates are going up.

I had planned to go back to the Hyatt the night before the cruise, as I thought Peg would want the family there together for dinner that night and the commute to the ship. But she just said that wasn't necessary, so I can stay and play at WDW all day Friday! (We haven't decided where we are putting Dianne that night!)

This means we could organize some kind of group transport from WDW to PC Saturday AM. I'll check out some of the limo options. I'm pretty sure there were at least 15 of us in the Hummerzine last May and we had a van follow behind with the luggage. I know my share wasn't any MORE than DCL and probably less and it was WAY more fun! I've also done the above mentioned* BUS. My cruise-mate hired an entire bus for us to go from SSR to PC and then from PC to MCO. We only had about 22 people and our share was $30 each way...would be less with a bigger group (the bus probably holds 50-60). I'll try and get contact info from her. Anyway...stuff to think about.
OK ... we will be flying back from the cruise to Chicago. I plan to book a flight at about 1PM back to Chi-Town.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #909
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
OK ... we will be flying back from the cruise to Chicago. I plan to book a flight at about 1PM back to Chi-Town.
And that would be like a....what airline?
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 02-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #910
iankh

Quote:
And that would be like a....what airline?
It will probably be on SWA, or so I think. I may end up on AA, and pay for the baggage. The plus side of AA is that they fly out of O'Hare which is 13 miles away and therefore a much cheaper cab ride.

SW is out of Midway, which would be at least a $60 cab ride.

I have to consider how we will get to and from the airport.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #911
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Ian... don't you remember that Donna and Harry had a special time to get off if they were taking an early flight??? I'm sure she can tell you this, but I'd miss you at breakfast

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #912
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Ian... don't you remember that Donna and Harry had a special time to get off if they were taking an early flight??? I'm sure she can tell you this, but I'd miss you at breakfast
We should easily be able to make a noon flight. We have usually been off the ship by 9AM in Florida.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #913
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEnchanted View Post
Hi Jan, I just checked out page one.....what a fantastic job you are doing. Thank you so much!!!!

I just wanted to note that John and I fit into all five categories that you have mentioned......FE, SATS, CG, OGAA, B2B. We're doing it all!!!! So please add the additional initials after our name. Thank you so much once again.
Got 'cha.

thanks for the kind words
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:11 PM   #914
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
DEB! I was just going to start hunting you down, girl!

JAN, you can put all three of those jumpy guys next to me on page one also.

Happy "President's Day" everyone. I'm off today, but not because we are closed...it's one of my unpaid 'furlough' days. Hope to get some chores done as I've done nothing but play all weekend. We'll see............
done!
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #915
woj68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
What kind of rate did you get? I was wondering about staying there the night before. Do do you know if they allow parking during the cruise?

-Kay
We got the AAA rate which was $125 for 2 queens or 1 king which is $14 less than the rack rate of $139/nt. I wanted to go through Hotwire but i was worried I wouldn't get this hotel. So I went and booked it through the hotel instead. They do have a cruise & park rate which is posted below. Also, Hertz car rental is located right next door to the hotel which makes it a lot more convenient if you plan on renting a car. If not, they have a shuttle to the port which costs $4/pp.

Cruise with Parking Special-Guest Room

PRICE:
159.00 US Dollar (USD) Per night Tax excluded For 1 nights per room

ROOM DESCRIPTION:
Our Guest Rooms Feature:
-Complimentary Wired and Wireless High Speed Internet
-2 Phone Lines
-Desk with Ergonomic Chair
-Side Wing Lounge Chair
-Microwave
-Fridge
-Coffee Maker
-Iron/Board
-Hairdryer

FEATURES:
Our Park & Cruise Shuttle Package offer a hassle free experience for guests. We provide the hotel stay, 3,4, or 7 day hotel parking voucher and include Round Trip Shuttle Transportation to two guests from the hotel to the Port Canaveral Cruise Terminals and back the hotel. Guests saving $15.00 per day leaving their car while on their cruise. Port Canaveral Parking is $15.00 per day, 7 day cruise parking at Port Canaveral is $135.00 = Huge a savings with our Park & Cruise Shuttle Package.

Shuttle Transportation for addtional g3,4, or 5 guests occupaying a guestroom is $

INSTRUCTIONS:
Rate may not be booked for more than 30 nights.
1 night minimum stay required.
Guarantee required.

GUARANTEE POLICY:
Credit card holds accepted
Travel agency holds accepted

CANCELLATION POLICY:
Cancel today thru Sep 09 2009 = No penalty
Cancel Sep 10 2009 thru Sep 11 2009 = 176.49 USD.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: