Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #691
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
I think she said if Ian and Sukie don't behave like formal dignitaries then they will be stuck in the slums with me
My dearest Nanette. Have I not told you that you are indeed pleasing eye candy?

Old 02-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #692
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
It is a pity they don't do group high teas.
Why can't we get a group tea in the private room? I did say there would be an Edwardian Tea, didn't I? Although, I had no idea what that meant. Just that it sounded good.

Shall I start working on it?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #693
nskjerven
Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"
Insert evil laugh, I've used that alot today huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
It's not that I have anything against you common people. You are a credit to your class. But, well, to acknowledge one in front of the public eye. That is another matter altogether.

I will be very happy to give you a cordial "hello" below stairs.
dude you are so toast...be afraid very very afraid...
Old 02-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #694
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Ian...

A Queen in Steerage is a very dangerous thing...

(insert evil laugh...)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #695
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Ian...

A Queen in Steerage is a very dangerous thing...

(insert evil laugh...)
But isn't she in a room with a veranda?

Old 02-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #696
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
dude you are so toast...be afraid very very afraid...
I see you didn't object to being called eye candy.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #697
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
I've been thinking about formal night. Are any ladies going all out in long dresses? What about tuxes for the men? I'm not sure what to do this time. John hired a tux for the PC, but I think he won't want to bother this time with the extra costs of everything due to the exchange rate. I didn't wear a long dress and would have to buy one!
Quote:
Do you even need to ask about the tux?
Don't know what the 'family consensus (sp???) will be. I'm sure it won't be tuxes for the boys. Who know's what size I'll be then? Also, I want to pack as light as possible with the WDW wardrobe being required also.

Quote:
It is a pity they don't do group high teas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
Has anyone tried? What if someone faxes a request for a group High Tea? I know in my group, would have 3 women at least.. We could have 6 if needed cause I can add the Men..
No private dining room for tea....we tried on the WBPC. We can attempt to coordinate a date for on line booking and then adjust on the ship. They actually don't take very many on line reservations, so it pretty much has to be worked out on the ship...we had lots of wait-lists for tea. And then PJ managed to 'tweek' it the day of...bless his heart! (they do no fill Palo for tea...basically they just use the perimater area)

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 02-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #698
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
So you plan on your Subjects to behave if you are late and can't keep them in line? I'm sorry did you forget who was all involved here?
I trust them implicitly...

Quote:
But isn't she in a room with a veranda?
I don't think on this one... She could be close to YOUR accomodations... she's sailing with Lady Monica on this journey...

Quote:
I see you didn't object to being called eye candy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
No private dining room for tea....we tried on the WBPC. We can attempt to coordinate a date for on line booking and then adjust on the ship. They actually don't take very many on line reservations, so it pretty much has to be worked out on the ship...we had lots of wait-lists for tea. And then PJ managed to 'tweek' it the day of...bless his heart! (they do no fill Palo for tea...basically they just use the perimater area)

Talk to Monica cause she knows how to get into Palo more times than we can count... right Monica?

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #699
Tink rules

Quote:
It's not that I have anything against you common people. You are a credit to your class. But, well, to acknowledge one in front of the public eye. That is another matter altogether.

Be nice... or else she's gonna get more shampoo than you will..

Old 02-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #700
ragdoll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post

I do believe Donna that you and Harry are going to try and get away with only a carry on for this cruise... come on...you did 2 weeks with only one bag each
Oh my, that is too funny! I have been telling Harry that I will be just taking a carry on. I believe I could do it if we weren't going to WDW for five days precruise. I may just look at this as a challenge and see if I can pull it off. He will be taking a suitcase. If I can just tuck a couple of things away in his suitcase it just might work..

Donna
Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #701
Tink rules

Donna...

Clean undies...

Old 02-06-2009, 03:17 AM   #702
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Has anyone tried? What if someone faxes a request for a group High Tea? I know in my group, would have 3 women at least.. We could have 6 if needed cause I can add the Men..
As Jackie said later, we tried on the PC cruise and they don't do it. Shame. the thing I was very surprised about was that only a tiny part of the restaurant was used for High Tea. I would have thought they could have so many more patrons than that.

Quote:

My ancestry goes back to a fairly famous Lord and Earl!!! I can be too!!

Old 02-06-2009, 03:18 AM   #703
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

We could perhaps get together for lunch in Lumieres instead.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:04 AM   #704
iankh

Quote:
We could perhaps get together for lunch in Lumieres instead.
That's a very good idea.

We can also approach PJ on board and see what's possible.

Pity we can't book in a group tea.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #705
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

An Edwardian luncheon works for me! No time constraints and as big a group as we'd like. We can use it as a fall back plan if we can't work something out on the ship for tea. We squeezed 7 people into a Palo banquette (normally for 6 people).

Man, I'm already wishing we had more sea days!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: