Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #676
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

DH won't wear a Tux. He will be in a Black suit. Neither will the other gentlemen in our group. They will all be in suits..

As for a gown.. Not to the floor gown no, but I do have a fancy Black & White sleeveless halter top type dress that goes down to my kness or so.. I wore it once, last September on our cruise..

Thanks to ALL for the get well wishes and thanks for sharing your Nasal stories with me.. It does help ease my mind a bit..

I Love You
Old 02-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #677
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
I've been thinking about formal night. Are any ladies going all out in long dresses? What about tuxes for the men? I'm not sure what to do this time. John hired a tux for the PC, but I think he won't want to bother this time with the extra costs of everything due to the exchange rate. I didn't wear a long dress and would have to buy one!
I went with a nice dress and a skirt and top... will plan on something like that again... the last long dress I wore was in a wedding... hot pink with matching shoes... sort of a Carmen Miranda type dress... can only imagine what Ian can come up with to match that!!!

Quote:
I'm thinking of booking Palo(or trying to) for Pirate night as I'm not too bothered about that.
Me too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
Do you even need to ask about the tux?
Which accessories are we going with this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
No formal clothes for us. I like to pack light and don't enjoy dressing up. If we go to the dining room DH will wear a white shirt and tie, no jacket. I will probably wear black slacks and a white sweater.

Donna
I do believe Donna that you and Harry are going to try and get away with only a carry on for this cruise... come on...you did 2 weeks with only one bag each...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
I'd rather not bother personally...

no we don't but can you be seen with those of us slumming it
Eating at Plutos that night???

Quote:
I'm sure you'll understand, but I will be unable to acknowledge our acquaintance, during the public gatherings.
OUR kindgom will be dressed appropriately... and yours????

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #678
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Have you booked yet Michelle?

Old 02-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #679
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm still working on it... but I will expect my Royal Contingent to act appropriately if my absence on crucial business delays my journey... or else they may find themselves banished to a less civil kingdom....

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #680
granmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I'm still working on it... but I will expect my Royal Contingent to act appropriately if my absence on crucial business delays my journey... or else they may find themselves banished to a less civil kingdom....
Huh?

You obviously spent too much time with those other odd talkers on here.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #681
Tink rules

My diplomatic team... you know the ones who dress so snazzy... better behave... or else they will find themselves vacationing at the Arctic Palace next year...

Old 02-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #682
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Oh yes, I remember. I think if we had known we would do another cruise he would have bought one. He might do yet as of course we have the TA next year all being well?
If you can do it, I recommend Tuxman. He can be found on Ebay, but I went directly to them. Something to keep in mind is that you'll be down in WDW in May, and shipping to Florida (which would be cheaper than the UK).

Mind you, they were used, former rentals, but I think they were fine.

If I really needed a tux and wore one often, they would not be what I would have chosen, but as a "costume" for an event night they were fine.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #683
iankh

The tuxes will be only one of our outfits. We still have the wedding wear to work in, but that is more appropriate for something during the day. It's not appropriate evening wear, unless one is going to promenade and then sit and have a drink in a nice piazza.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #684
granmaz

It is a pity they don't do group high teas.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #685
Tink rules

That never stopped us... private room at Palo anyone???

Old 02-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #686
pfishgirl

Quote:
It is a pity they don't do group high teas.

Has anyone tried? What if someone faxes a request for a group High Tea? I know in my group, would have 3 women at least.. We could have 6 if needed cause I can add the Men..

I Love You
Old 02-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #687
pfishgirl

Quote:
So you plan on your Subjects to behave if you are late and can't keep them in line? I'm sorry did you forget who was all involved here?

I Love You
Old 02-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #688
nskjerven
Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"
Insert evil laugh, I've used that alot today huh?

Quote:
I'm sure you'll understand, but I will be unable to acknowledge our acquaintance, during the public gatherings.
oh you so are setting yourself up for something here, not quite sure what but I'm sure it will be fit to your comment
Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #689
nskjerven
Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"
Insert evil laugh, I've used that alot today huh?

Quote:
Have you booked yet Michelle?
I always laugh when this minor detail gets brought up. More importantly, have your aunt/uncle or cousins even told you if there is a party that week(end)??? Can you ask??? just book it already...

Quote:
Quote:
Huh?

You obviously spent too much time with those other odd talkers on here.
I think she said if Ian and Sukie don't behave like formal dignitaries then they will be stuck in the slums with me
Old 02-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #690
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
oh you so are setting yourself up for something here, not quite sure what but I'm sure it will be fit to your comment
It's not that I have anything against you common people. You are a credit to your class. But, well, to acknowledge one in front of the public eye. That is another matter altogether.

I will be very happy to give you a cordial "hello" below stairs.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: