Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #646
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
I said EMPTY peanut butter jar ......
Jan - how are you down there in Indianapolis? Were you hit with snow? NW Indiana is nearly at a standstill.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #647
ragdoll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
Jan - how are you down there in Indianapolis? Were you hit with snow? NW Indiana is nearly at a standstill.
Hi all! I'm not Jan, but we got hit with lots more snow than expected here in Cleveland. I love it! So pretty, at least until it starts melting and getting all gross.

Donna
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #648
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
Hi all! I'm not Jan, but we got hit with lots more snow than expected here in Cleveland. I love it! So pretty, at least until it starts melting and getting all gross.

Donna
We're supposed to go up to 47F on Friday and 51F on Saturday!

It's nice to get that break and not so nice, a rapid thaw like that is going to cause a mess. We had streets flooding last time, and I had water seeping in on our back porch because the gutters and drains were all still blocked with ice.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #649
ragdoll
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's nice to get that break and not so nice, a rapid thaw like that is going to cause a mess. We had streets flooding last time, and I had water seeping in on our back porch because the gutters and drains were all still blocked with ice.
We are supposed to be in the low 40's this weekend. Some counties around here have terrible flooding problems every year when the snow melts too fast. We have lots of snow to melt. It's hard to see oncoming traffic when pulling out of side streets because of the huge piles of snow. Seems like if I watch Chicago weather I know what we will be getting in a couple of days.

Donna
Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #650
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

It's supposed to be 33 here today with temps tonight in the teens. Luckily by this weekend it's supposed to be back up in the 60's and by the start of next week the 70's, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #651
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
I said EMPTY peanut butter jar ......
& just how is it supposed to GET empty???

Quote:

Donna
Want some of mine? It might be water by the time it gets to you, but then again... maybe not...

Quote:

Ohhhh the infamous Eastwood Canal!!!

Quote:
We are supposed to be in the low 40's this weekend. Some counties around here have terrible flooding problems every year when the snow melts too fast. We have lots of snow to melt. It's hard to see oncoming traffic when pulling out of side streets because of the huge piles of snow. Seems like if I watch Chicago weather I know what we will be getting in a couple of days.

Donna
I always consult Ian and Holly... they're more reliable than our local guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
It's supposed to be 33 here today with temps tonight in the teens. Luckily by this weekend it's supposed to be back up in the 60's and by the start of next week the 70's, but I'll believe that when I see it.
& we still love you..

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #652
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

We got 12 inches of snow last week and two more on Tuesday. We were in Valparaiso (northwest Indiana for those who are not from the area) on Sunday for calling hours for a friend who died. Roads were clear and dry. It was an easy trip--2 1/2 hours each way. I have no idea how it is up there since Tuesday's snow though.

It is supposed to warm up gradually through the weekend, so we will get more melting. I hope the storm sewers can handle and channel the water to the river. I have lived here 4 years so do not know what the "usual" is, but do know that considerable effort and money has gone into separating the storm sewers from the waste sewers. They used to be combined so when there was a heavy rain or snow-melt, there was too much water to go through the sewage treatment plants so it overflowed the treatment facility and went into the river.

Not good

Our biggest problem was snow showers on Tuesday during the morning rush hour that caused white out in an area of a major highway causing a 32 car and truck pileup and two fatalities.

New system is cleaner and should be able to handle all the melt. We shall see
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #653
iankh

Quote:
We got 12 inches of snow last week and two more on Tuesday. We were in Valparaiso (northwest Indiana for those who are not from the area) on Sunday for calling hours for a friend who died. Roads were clear and dry. It was an easy trip--2 1/2 hours each way. I have no idea how it is up there since Tuesday's snow though.

It is supposed to warm up gradually through the weekend, so we will get more melting. I hope the storm sewers can handle and channel the water to the river. I have lived here 4 years so do not know what the "usual" is, but do know that considerable effort and money has gone into separating the storm sewers from the waste sewers. They used to be combined so when there was a heavy rain or snow-melt, there was too much water to go through the sewage treatment plants so it overflowed the treatment facility and went into the river.

Not good

Our biggest problem was snow showers on Tuesday during the morning rush hour that caused white out in an area of a major highway causing a 32 car and truck pileup and two fatalities.

New system is cleaner and should be able to handle all the melt. We shall see
Jan,

We're expecting the same high temperatures this coming weekend and it has me nervous. It will be a mess. When this happened early last month, the sidewalks flooded because of the piled up ice on the curbs. It was very nasty.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #654
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Dr Update

Hi All,
I know some of you have been following my Dr's and Polups so I wanted to update you..

I went to the Ear Nose & Throat Dr today and he confirmed I have them..

He also informed me that at one point in time I had a Broken nose as he can see the cartilage damage and scar tissue.. This was a total shock since I don't remember ever having one neither does my mother..

So he gave me 2 options.. Surgery, which would be simple, I'd be asleep, and about 4 or 5 days recovery and he won't need to pack my nose.. OR.. Take a steriod, penicilin, nose spray and see a Neurologist for their opinion.. and "hope" that they shrink and go away and stop causing my headaches & migraines.. Either choice will not be 100% guaranteed..

When I asked for his opinion, he said Surgery.. but to take the meds in the mean time and use the nasal spray as soon as I feel a headache starting and see if that helps....

Thank goodness we won't be traveling any time soon and I will have plenty of R & R before September

I Love You
Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #655
pfishgirl

Jan... We have 3 rooms Now and a total of 10 people.. Not sure if you want to add them to the list of cruisers..

6541.. 2 Adults, 1 child.. g.6
6538.. 2 Adults, 3 chidren.. g.15, g.13, b.12
6536.. 2 Adults.. (us)

38 & 36 are connecting door rooms so we will have one of their children sleeping in our room with us..

I Love You
Old 02-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #656
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
Hi All,
I know some of you have been following my Dr's and Polups so I wanted to update you..

He also informed me that at one point in time I had a Broken nose as he can see the cartilage damage and scar tissue.. This was a total shock since I don't remember ever having one neither does my mother..

So he gave me 2 options.. Surgery, which would be simple, I'd be asleep, and about 4 or 5 days recovery and he won't need to pack my nose.. OR.. Take a steriod, penicilin, nose spray and see a Neurologist for their opinion.. and "hope" that they shrink and go away and stop causing my headaches & migraines.. Either choice will not be 100% guaranteed..

When I asked for his opinion, he said Surgery.. but to take the meds in the mean time and use the nasal spray as soon as I feel a headache starting and see if that helps....

Thank goodness we won't be traveling any time soon and I will have plenty of R & R before September
It's interesting that you had a broken nose and you (and your mom) never knew it. I would think that would be something that you would remember. Surely there's another explanation for that.

Good luck trying to decide what to do. At least you have plenty of time.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #657
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
Hi All,

Did he mention taking the spray daily? I do that because I have chronic allergies/sinus problems (and yes, my septum was broken when I was little... the Dr. asked if I had older siblings... when I said yes, he said it was probably from playing around and was a bloody nose that didn't cause any other problems... he says it happens when kids are little...)

I have to take the spray to keep down swelling - it works too....my dr. used to do cortizone shots (numbing first...) I'd sneeze for a day and then be able to breath for like...3 months... but he's in another state and since I moved upstate, my alergies have been better. No smog from the city...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #658
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Did he mention taking the spray daily? I do that because I have chronic allergies/sinus problems (and yes, my septum was broken when I was little... the Dr. asked if I had older siblings... when I said yes, he said it was probably from playing around and was a bloody nose that didn't cause any other problems... he says it happens when kids are little...)

I have to take the spray to keep down swelling - it works too....my dr. used to do cortizone shots (numbing first...) I'd sneeze for a day and then be able to breath for like...3 months... but he's in another state and since I moved upstate, my alergies have been better. No smog from the city...
Yes, the Dr did say a daily spray. I didn't get the perscriptions filled yet. I'm going tomorrow to the pharmacy.

As for the broken nose.. I get a bloody nose when it's too dry in the house in the winter so DH always has a humidifier on or is it a dehumidifier? I dunno, lol, all I know is one is for summer & one for winter..

I was sorta in a fight once, in like 7th grade and a boy, yup a boy, at church non the less punched me in the face and I got a bloody nose.. I just thought of that now, wow, maybe that did it.. but I never had pain or anything.. I assumed a broken nose was always painful..

I Love You
Old 02-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #659
Tink rules

You know... in 7th grade... that's almost past the age of picking a fight to show you have a crush on a girl... nose breaking not included...

Old 02-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #660
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
You know... in 7th grade... that's almost past the age of picking a fight to show you have a crush on a girl... nose breaking not included...
I don't even remember why he punched me.. I remember going into the bathroom and sitting on the floor with papertowels with a few girls sitting with me

I Love You
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: