Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #3661
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroo View Post

. . . We are currently booked at the Courtyard in Cocoa Beach with Marriott Reward points

. . . I can get a room at the Residence Inn for $138.00 which includes taxes, free breakfast and free cruise parking.
Have you tried getting a room at the Residence Inn using Marriott points?

Woody
Old 07-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #3662
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post

Woody
If you have trouble with this I might be able to help - I have a contact at Marriott...

Jackie - the dry erase boards were ordered BUT I couldn't choose the colors!!!! I'm so mad - they had 7 in stock - what are they chances they are all green?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #3663
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
Are you able to tweek the survey to make those field mandatory? Or at least put a warning in big letters to that effect?

-Kay
It is mandatory. In all likelihood, they just closed their browser.

There is going to be someone interested in FEs and Walking on Water who is going to be mighty disappointed because there is no record of them.

I do know that whoever this was entered their data on July 6th.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #3664
Kgroo
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Woody
I am thinking about saving the points - both the Residence Inn and the Courtyard are 20,000 for a night. We take a trip to Hilton Head every 4th of July, and thinking about using them for that trip next year - the room in Hilton Head is much more than $138.00 per night for close to the same amount of points. I have the $ for parking at the port put aside, and just thinking about using it for the hotel room and parking at the hotel instead. Make sense????
Old 07-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #3665
Kgroo
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=TiggersPal;32616893]If you have trouble with this I might be able to help - I have a contact at Marriott...

Thanks for the offer - they do have rooms with points available, just thinking about not using them, and saving them for another more expensive room on another trip.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #3666
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen

Quote:

Make sense????
Yes.

Woody
Old 07-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #3667
nskjerven
Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"
Insert evil laugh, I've used that alot today huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
"again"??
John (OHIO) was wrote a stern letter to Disney when we had the toll issue come up for Panama. I think the press did more to get it removed, but his letter was really written well.

Quote:
Oh, pleeeze -- not again!

Woody
You know you want to see the coconuts and I don you the tutu wearer for this cruise no pictures I promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
It is mandatory. In all likelihood, they just closed their browser.

There is going to be someone interested in FEs and Walking on Water who is going to be mighty disappointed because there is no record of them.

I do know that whoever this was entered their data on July 6th.
Ian, stop stressing for that person. You are doing us all a "FAVOR" by getting info in mass to the group heads, so if someone blows it on their end let them own it. My .02 for the day. We perfectionists have to stickup for each other
Old 07-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #3668
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
OK - I am rethinking where we are going to stay the night prior to the cruise. We are currently booked at the Courtyard in Cocoa Beach with Marriott Reward points - no breakfast and planning on parking at the port which will cost us $105.00. I can get a room at the Residence Inn for $138.00 which includes taxes, free breakfast and free cruise parking. Shuttle will be a few $ extra, but DH could drop me and DD off at the port and then go back and take the shuttle by himself. The only wrinkle in this situation is that DH is leary of leaving the car at the hotel and not at the port parking lot. Can anyone tell me how secure the parking at the hotel is? I picked Residence Inn due to Marriott points. Thanks for any help you can give me.
I don't recall ever seeing any complaints about the parking situation there. But it wouldn't hurt to post this question on the main DCL forum...you'd have a broader base of people to get opinions from.

Thanks Peg for taking care of the dry erase boards. I'll return the ones I bought, as these are much better.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 07-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #3669
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
OK - I am rethinking where we are going to stay the night prior to the cruise. We are currently booked at the Courtyard in Cocoa Beach with Marriott Reward points - no breakfast and planning on parking at the port which will cost us $105.00. I can get a room at the Residence Inn for $138.00 which includes taxes, free breakfast and free cruise parking. Shuttle will be a few $ extra, but DH could drop me and DD off at the port and then go back and take the shuttle by himself. The only wrinkle in this situation is that DH is leary of leaving the car at the hotel and not at the port parking lot. Can anyone tell me how secure the parking at the hotel is? I picked Residence Inn due to Marriott points. Thanks for any help you can give me.
In 2002 we left our motorhome in hotel parking--do not remember which hotel though. The place they told us to park it was in the back so it was not visible from the road and it was away from the standard hotel guest parking. I worried that it was out of the way so could easily be vandalized, but when we got back all was fine. A few years later we parked in downtown Baltimore in a LIGHTED PARKING LOT with an attendant and a window was broken, someone got in and stole our little TV I prefer hotel parking in Cape Canaveral!!
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #3670
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post

John (OHIO) was wrote a stern letter to Disney when we had the toll issue come up for Panama. I think the press did more to get it removed, but his letter was really written well.
As I recall, the Panama Canal Authority had increased the fee for transiting the canal, and DCL tried to pass along the fee to the guests as an increase in port tax/fees. It was something like hundreds of dollars per guest.

Woody
Old 07-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #3671
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
Second time mentioning this

I just deleted a response to the survey/data collection for the planned activies because whoever entered the information, did not complete the last part of the survey with their name, email and DIS name.

I deleted it because without this information, it is really worthless. After all, what is the point if the organizers don't know how to get in touch with the person?

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo if you are taking the time to enter the information, please include your contact information.
SUGGESTION TO EVENT PLANNERS:

When the survey closes, perhaps you could post a list of all the people who have signed up so that interested individuals can make sure they are included.

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #3672
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
has anyone stayed at the hilton or hampton in cocoa beach? we can do either with our points (= free!).
anyone know if either offer shuttle or parking?
Can you call them directly and ask? Find a manager to be sure, not just a summer clerk.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #3673
JLSE50

Quote:
As I recall, the Panama Canal Authority had increased the fee for transiting the canal, and DCL tried to pass along the fee to the guests as an increase in port tax/fees. It was something like hundreds of dollars per guest.

Woody
I totally missed that. Wonder if it was before we booked or some time when the thread got so far ahead of me that I jumped over it. thanks for explaining.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #3674
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
SUGGESTION TO EVENT PLANNERS:

When the survey closes, perhaps you could post a list of all the people who have signed up so that interested individuals can make sure they are included.

Not everyone provided a DIS name. My suggestion to the other orgnizer was going to be to send out a confirmation email. I would suggest that rather than posting names just post that an email was sent out. Folks will know whether or not if they've received an email.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #3675
nskjerven
Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"
Insert evil laugh, I've used that alot today huh?

Quote:

Woody
thanks Woody, details...slipping my mind these days...and are you going to do the tutu dance for us?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: