Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #3601
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Well, we have quite a lot of accents as you know. Which one would you like? I guess the plummy English Gent and not the more common Yorkshire, Brummy, East End or Geordie!!
Hmmm. Not sure. Do I want to have a received pronunciation (RP) accent and sound like I went to Eaton?

Maybe something from the Lake District, or Zommerzet (Somerset) perhaps? Devon and Cornwall are also nice accents.

I don't think I want a London accent.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #3602
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

*******NOTICE*******NOTICE********NOTICE********

Don't know what to get for those pesky Fish Extender gifts?
Join the Tortolian Lanyard Gift Giving Team!

We're recruiting team members to chip-in for the cost of the lanyards (as it's just too darn complicated to try and collect money from everybody wanting one).

Due to ordering requirements, we will be ordering more than we currently need, so if you were on the fence about a lanyard, sign up with mishoe01 for one now.

On the FE list, but didn't order a lanyard? Think about getting one now as a souvenir.

Not on the FE list, but ordering multiple lanyards and feel guilty about getting them for free? No one would object if you wanted to 'chip-in'. PM Monica to keep all transactions private.

******disclaimer******Supply limited, act now!

Exact cost per team member will vary based on how many folks we have on the team, could fall in the $20-40 range.

**********end of notice*********

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #3603
KayR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
Hmmm. Not sure. Do I want to have a received pronunciation (RP) accent and sound like I went to Eaton?

Maybe something from the Lake District, or Zommerzet (Somerset) perhaps? Devon and Cornwall are also nice accents.

I don't think I want a London accent.
Now I would have imagined you with the Eaton style accent. You have to be able to dress up and go to Royal Ascot to hob nob!

-Kay

Previous Trips
September 2013: Windsor Palms Resort, 23rd July: Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2nd Jan 2011: The Manor at Emerald Island, Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repositioning Cruise, Worldmark Anaheim / Sep 12th 2009 DCL Eastern with Tortola Sep 5th 2009 One week at Avalon at Windsor Palms, April 12th 2009 One week at Disneyland, California / Aug 28th 2008 5 nights at Disneyland, California / Jan 26th 2008 Windsor Palms Resort (Avalon) / Jan 19th 2008 DCL Eastern / Jan 16th 2008 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Apr 4th 2007 One night at CBR then 2 weeks at Emerald Island Resort (The Manor) / Aug 16th 2006 Emerald Island Resort (The Manor)
Old 07-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #3604
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
Now I would have imagined you with the Eaton style accent. You have to be able to dress up and go to Royal Ascot to hob nob!

-Kay
Kay,

You've yet to see my wardrobe. Suffice it to say, that I am certain we are the only guests on the cruise travelling with hat boxes.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #3605
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyOCD View Post
Jackie, hope you feel better, and take it easy.

Peggy, we'll see you at the meet and you can "program" our faces in. I can't post a pic yet so you can't "meet" our faces first. Maybe soon I'll have enough posts. You will love the Boardwalk, it is our "Home" resort. It is the best location, on the lake between Epcot and DHS, and you can take the boat there! Love it!!! They have plenty going on at night after the parks close, lots of stuff on the boardwalk. There's even a piano bar on the boardwalk which is a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy it. Be warned, it is so easy to be spoiled by this resort!
I know I'm so excited about the Boardway, been looking at photos and I think I'm going to fall in love too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by woj68 View Post
I don't know if anyone is planning on touring KSC before or after the cruise. But if you are, I wanted to pass along a great money saving tip that I got right here on the DIS boards.

Call your local congressman's office and ask for free tour tickets. That's what I did and after some phone calls and emails I received our confirmation for three tour admission tickets - for free. At $38/ea that's $114 in savings.
GOT MY TICKETS TODAY!!!! Yes, it's true if you ask you RECEIVE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoLittleMermaid View Post
Let me introduce (or reintroduce) myself...I'm Cheri, from Arizona, traveling solo. I just turned 60, am retired a little over 3 years after teaching elementary remedial reading and first grade for almost 35 years. I've lived in AZ my whole life, am a scuba diver and been a Disney lover since the park opened in 1955. This will be my 6th and 7th trip on DCL (I'm doing the BTB).

This is me at DL on my birthday in May:

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who's new to me and reconnecting with my friends from the WB PC cruise in 2008!
Great photos my dear!
Quote:
To my US friends.

Thanks - I got all teary-eyed when I saw all our DIS Pals from across the pond wishing us a HAPPY 4th - too bad I didn't check in that day!

Quote:
It is our Ruby wedding anniversary today. Just 40 short years ago.........

Happy 40th wedding anniversary to my wonderful husband John.
HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #3606
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

I'm IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
*******NOTICE*******NOTICE********NOTICE********

Don't know what to get for those pesky Fish Extender gifts?
Join the Tortolian Lanyard Gift Giving Team!

We're recruiting team members to chip-in for the cost of the lanyards (as it's just too darn complicated to try and collect money from everybody wanting one).

Due to ordering requirements, we will be ordering more than we currently need, so if you were on the fence about a lanyard, sign up with mishoe01 for one now.

On the FE list, but didn't order a lanyard? Think about getting one now as a souvenir.

Not on the FE list, but ordering multiple lanyards and feel guilty about getting them for free? No one would object if you wanted to 'chip-in'. PM Monica to keep all transactions private.

******disclaimer******Supply limited, act now!

Exact cost per team member will vary based on how many folks we have on the team, could fall in the $20-40 range.

**********end of notice*********

COUNT ME IN - since I'm not doing FE - I'll be happy to contribute...

OH, and did someone talk about "CAKE" before????
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #3607
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

I knew it!

Quote:
Birthday cake. This has a bit of glare on the cake, but you can get the idea. It was a white cake with whipped cream frosting. Quite tasty actually. I suggest you EAT or remove the strawberries before putting leftovers in your cool-box in your stateroom. They will spoil before the cake would...and who wants mouldy strawberries growing on your cake!

The do have a chocolate version of this (though if that's what you'd prefer, be sure and tell your servers the first night). The 'happy birthday' part is done in white chocolate too!.
I KNEW IT! I knew someone was talking about CAKE! Jackie - remember Dianne... "CAKE!!!"

Another funny story to tell you all - we have a slew of them!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #3608
Kgroo
Mouseketeer

Me Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
COUNT ME IN - since I'm not doing FE - I'll be happy to contribute...

OH, and did someone talk about "CAKE" before????
I am also not doing FE, but really want 2 lanyards!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #3609
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Checking in and laughing

Quote:
HEY....the shirt I'm wearing in that picutre FITS AGAIN!

OH now I know what shirt you were talking about! Yes, I love that shirt, congrats sister!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
It can be overwhelming to an outsider - I am an outsider too, but I just keep turning up like a bad penny

If you are wary about getting in on the conversation. Just jump in, ask questions, answer them, talk about what you are doing for the weekend (even if it is just ). Anything. Keep jumping in.

I have enjoyed getting to know my fellow cruisers. This trip I anticipate that our kids will just want to live in the clubs, so DH and I will have tons of free time if that happens It will be great to meet new friends and hopefully ones that will transcend the cruise :-)

-Kay
I just love people who aren't afraid to JUMP in!!! We you Kay.
Quote:
I would have said a shiny penny that you just can't ignore because it sparkles.
No one puts things better than Ian - unless maybe Woody who always has a good one-liner waiting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Ian, now we must sleuth out why and how "that Jackie woman" gets a different cake than we get......

Does Mickey love her more?
I don't know if Mickey loves her more, but I DO!
Quote:
That Jackie woman always has to be special and is a goody two shoes. There's probably something going on between her and Mickey. Well, it's Minnie I feel sorry for ... But I digress.

Yes, we must find out why she gets nice cake, while everyone else gets poo.
Cuz she's sweet, and kind, and has a big heart and is always willing to help others...
Old 07-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #3610
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

All caught up and many things to add...

Quote:
I bought the stiff felt at Joanne's and that will be perfect for the Mickey ears. Just need to plop a magnet on the back. Yes, Ian, I've been saving all the business card magnets that keep showing up in the mail. I also bought a Tigger and a Tink embelishment to put on our door sign.

I cannot for the life of me remember if Peggy re-changed her mind about doing FE. I tried calling her from Joanne's to see if she wanted me to get supplies to make her a simple one, but couldn't hunt her down. Saw some cute ideas for a Mickey/Minnie one, and all their sticker/emblishment stuff was 40% off.

Door decorations:

Besides the above mentioned Mickey ears, this trip will have a 'family' sign or two (pirate like one and deck chairs one) as well as my DISboards cruiser sign and a Tink sign for Dianne (must have symmmetry). Peg will have a few signs on her door, and there will be ears for the other two family doors. And I think Peg is making a a copy of the family cruise sign for their doors also. I think we'll want an external dry erase board on each door too. GREAT for leaving messages and for folks who walk by to leave greetings too. I have a small one for inside my cabin for when one of us departs while the other is sleeping.

Oh....and we'll have our DCL nametage magnets too!.
I've got a whole SLEW of door signs I'm either done with or planning on doing - remember the one I made last time for the day we were out looking for Jack Sparrow? Anyway, I've printed the Indiana Jones Hat for Jose's mickey ears ... I'll hang that at least one day. While I'm not a big FE person - I do like to change my door signs!
Quote:
I've not ever seen that kind, Ian. Want me to pick up one for you when I hit the dollar store?

Time to hunt down my sister and go back to the craft store.....if I can stay awake!

Well she found me and we did find some cute NON-DISNEY dry erase boards and Jackie made FUN of me... but then bought a few for her friends ... sure sure just like an older sister...
Quote:
I missed my opportunity to be witty and say that my parents condemned me to knowing all things British when for some bizarre reason they named me Ian, a name that nobody in the United States used in the 1950's. (At least they didn't name me Vivian or Evelyn).

Or, I could also say that I was born in the wrong country, wrong class and wrong age.
I too was born in the wrong era and wrong class and I'll add wrong sex - boys have better toys!
Quote:
Peg's at Walmart right now, checking them out. If that's a no go, there's an office depot right down from my house.

Man, we were just at Target and looked in the office supply section...didn't want to spend $6 for them. I did pick up two of the $1 ones as a surprise for two of my cruise mates (non-Disney, but appropriately themed for them). Shhhhhhh.........

Didn't find any at Walmart and haven't been to Office Max yet, and see she did FESS up about buying the "shhhhshhhh" dry erase boards. I did find a cute one for THE INSIDE of the door for DH to leave me notes when he leaves me sound asleep and goes wandering off - he does that at home too... I believe he's trained now to leave a note...

Quote:
LOL!

While we were just at Target, Peg found a cute bag and said "I could use this for a Fish Extender................oh wait, I'm not doing Fish Extenders".

FYI FE PEOPLE: Saw some great stuff at Dollar Tree today. I picked up a gag gift for my family for our 'celebration' meal.

PJ shakes her head... I know the gag gift and I think it's a great idea that we should expand upon since we'll have some fun folks there too!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #3611
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
I know I'm so excited about the Boardway, been looking at photos and I think I'm going to fall in love too!
A true Peggy-ism....combining two words into a new one!

Quote:
I KNEW IT! I knew someone was talking about CAKE! Jackie - remember Dianne... "CAKE!!!"

Another funny story to tell you all - we have a slew of them!

Shut up about that cake! (slam!)

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 07-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #3612
ibouncetoo

Quote:
Cuz she's sweet, and kind, and has a big heart and is always willing to help others...
And I didn't pay her to say that!

Quote:

PJ shakes her head... I know the gag gift and I think it's a great idea that we should expand upon since we'll have some fun folks there too!
I think that gift will make it to Cook & Cater night at WDW and to Palo celebration brunch!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #3613
ibouncetoo

Still waiting to hear of the FL member of our family group was able to get any resident discount for this cruise.

Wonder what Monica/Nan decided for thier options.

Today I'm p.o.'d all over again at DCL about the stupid fuel surcharge. Just read another post where someone on a cruise a couple weeks after ours called DCL and the cast member REMOVED theirs. You know, either all of us who fell within that booking window where it was changed pay it, or we all don't.....makes me cranky.

I think I need some lunch and a nap!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #3614
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyInCitrus View Post
Referring to Page 1 of this post:

*KathyInCitrus Kathy Birthday Vero Beach, FL
FE, SATS, CG, GOAA - definately and late dining/seating second whatever
wow?? (not after champagne tasting - might go OB literally)

Thanks for all your hard work in planning this, guys!
I will edit your entry but be sure you SIGN UP on the survey: CLICK HERE

THANKS!
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #3615
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Quote:
Still waiting to hear of the FL member of our family group was able to get any resident discount for this cruise.

Wonder what Monica/Nan decided for thier options.

we went with the $ savings & a confirmed cat 11 on deck 7

Today I'm p.o.'d all over again at DCL about the stupid fuel surcharge. Just read another post where someone on a cruise a couple weeks after ours called DCL and the cast member REMOVED theirs. You know, either all of us who fell within that booking window where it was changed pay it, or we all don't.....makes me cranky.

I think I need some lunch and a nap!

Thanks for the recruitment posting
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: