Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #226
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Check this out!! What a difference one football player made!!
Ben is a relative of ours.

http://packerslounge.com/?p=2809

That's a great story Jan...and what a great MOM too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Greetings from Salvador de Bahia, Brazil. After five sea days, it´s our first stop in South America. The Mariner of the Seas is a large and beautiful ship. We went ice skating at every opportunity.

Our next stop is Rio de Janiero.

Woody
Thanks for checking in. Sounds like you are having a fabulous time!

Stacy, is there someone you could overnight the keys to? Although a vacation in Antigua is surely worth the cost of one round trip ticket to Florida!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 01-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #227
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
WE'RE GOING TO ANTIGUA!!!!!!!

What's better is... the trip is 100% FREE!!!!!

DH called me this morning and told me that one of his companies had a cancellation and wanted to know if we wanted to go to Antiqua, staying at St James Club.. ALL expenses paid.. Even a service to/from the Airport.. We leave next Friday and will be home on the 28th (dh's bday)

About 10 minutes later I called him back... Umm, honey, our Passports are in FLORIDA!!!!

So now I have to fly to Florida this week and get our passports, fly home, then fly to Antigua on Friday... We have no relatives or friends with Keys to our house to Fed Ex them to us..

HEY!!!! Who changed the smileys??::cop:

That's exciting, but what a pain abput the passpoet.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #228
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Checkin In.... MRI results...

Ok, well the Dr is not in today but luckily the nurse at my Drs office is a good friend and her Hubby works for my Hubby...

She called me to say the Dr will be calling me on Monday to explain in detail what if any steps will be taken...

My Results show... Polyps in my Nasal cavaties This may be causing my headches and migraines.. I have ones in the sinuses behind my eye and more in the sinuses behind my cheeks.. It was just very odd since to my knowledge I've never had a problem with any Nasal issues.. Heck I rarely get a cold.. I have always had allergies but not to cause me to be on a perscribed medication..

I Love You

Last edited by pfishgirl; 01-16-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #229
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Checkin In.... MRI results...

Ok, well the Dr is not in today but luckily the nurse at my Drs office is a good friend and her Hubby works for my Hubby...

She called me to say the Dr will be calling me on Monday to explain in detail what if any steps will be taken...

My Results show... Polyps in my Nasal cavaties This may be causing my headches and migraines.. I have ones in the sinuses behind my eye and more in the sinuses behind my cheeks.. It was just very odd since to my knowledge I've never had a problem with any Nasal issues.. Heck I rarely get a cold.. I have always had allergies but not to cause me to be on a perscribed medication..
At least you got the results. I wonder what course of treatment they'll take with that.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #230
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
At least you got the results. I wonder what course of treatment they'll take with that.
From what I read when I googled it... It could be as simple as nose spray or steroids or an antibiotic... OR if needed there is a surgery too.. 45 minutes - and hour for surgery and 1 to 3 weeks recovery..

I'm really hoping for the easiest fix..

I Love You
Old 01-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #231
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
From what I read when I googled it... It could be as simple as nose spray or steroids or an antibiotic... OR if needed there is a surgery too.. 45 minutes - and hour for surgery and 1 to 3 weeks recovery..

I'm really hoping for the easiest fix..
I should hook you up with my partner. He had severe nasal polyps.

His was an extreme case and according to the ENT the worst he had seen. He had been suffering for a couple of years. He often couldn't breath, and was in pain, he describe it has feeling like he had been punched in the face.

He also couldn't sleep.

He did steroids, twice. The polyps came back within a month or two after each try with steroids.

He can explain everything that he went through and, he just had surgery for nasal polyps in late October.

Now, post surgery, he's great, but he does use a prescription nasal spray once a day, and has to irrigate his sinuses twice a day.

He said he'd be happy to talk to you.

Last edited by iankh; 01-17-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #232
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Morning Tortollians!

Day two of my four day weekend has begun. No house work has been accomplished...yet...I have high hopes for today...
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 01-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #233
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Morning Tortollians!

Day two of my four day weekend has begun. No house work has been accomplished...yet...I have high hopes for today...
I shall have to come down there an punish you. Probably force you to go to Mimi's.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #234
ibouncetoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I shall have to come down there an punish you. Probably force you to go to Mimi's.
Actually the 'threat' of a house guest would probably motivate me....just for the embarrassament factor alone. Don't have to twist my arm for Mimi's, as you know Muffin Man!

Actually, I do have a motivating factor. Have to go in for out-patient surgery in a while (date still tba) and will need a few days at home to recover. Don't want to come home to messy place. Isn't that funny that I can (fairly) easily ignore the disarray now, but I know it will drive me crazy when I'm in a more 'delicte' state.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #235
iankh

Quote:
Actually tOe 'threat' of a house guest would probably motivate me....just for the embarrassament factor alone. Don't have to twist my arm for Mimi's, as you know Muffin Man!

Actually, I do have a motivating factor. Have to go in for out-patient surgery in a while (date still tba) and will need a few days at home to recover. Don't want to come home to messy place. Isn't that funny that I can (fairly) easily ignore the disarray now, but I know it will drive me crazy when I'm in a more 'delicte' state.
I hope you're OK, or at least OK-ish.

(Oh, and I might if pushed, be able to choke down a Mimi muffin.)

Old 01-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #236
ibouncetoo

Quote:
I hope you're OK, or at least OK-ish.

(Oh, and I might if pushed, be able to choke down a Mimi muffin.)
Yep, things will just be, shall we say, inconvenient and uncomfortable for a few days. Oh, and if by some fluke you run into my big sister...I haven't told her yet, wanted to wait and give her the date of the procedure.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #237
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Are you eating at Mimi's in Orlando. I meant to go in December but didn't make it. We will try in May.

Quote:
Actually the 'threat' of a house guest would probably motivate me....just for the embarrassament factor alone. Don't have to twist my arm for Mimi's, as you know Muffin Man!

Hope you hear soon and get it all over with Jackie. If your place is clean and tidy then you can Dis all day when you are recuperating!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #238
iankh

[QUOTE=granmaz;29725671]Are you eating at Mimi's in Orlando. I meant to go in December but didn't make it. We will try in May.

Is there a Mimi's near WDW?

We really never eat out of the world.

My plan is that we arrive really late (10PM) on Friday the first. So, we pick up a car, and head to WDW, stopping at Winn Dixie to pick up some provisions (typically breakfast stuff), then head over to OKW to check in.

I think we're getting the dining plan, so we really won't be eating off property.

We're going to have to figure out what we are going to do about meeting up.

--------------------

On another note, the airfare I booked on Southwest went down about $125 for the two of us, so I cancelled and rebooked. I now have a $125 credit to use towards our airfare in September.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #239
ibouncetoo

THERE'S A MIMI'S IN ORLANDO?

Actually, I'd only go there if everyone else wanted to for 'tradition' sake, as I can eat there any time I want. And it's getting to be the place Cheri and I always meet up. Besides, our WDW restaurant list is overflowing with options.

Marilyn, I'll have to DIS standing up! (sorry...tmi)

Old 01-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #240
pfishgirl

Quote:
I should hook you up with my partner. He had severe nasal polyps.

His was an extreme case and according to the ENT the worst he had seen. He had been suffering for a couple of years. He often couldn't breath, and was in pain, he describe it has feeling like he had been punched in the face.

He also couldn't sleep.

He did steroids, twice. The polyps came back within a month or two after each try with steroids.

He can explain everything that he went through and, he just had surgery for nasal polyps in late October.

Now, post surgery, he's great, but he does use a prescription nasal spray once a day, and has to irrigate his sinuses twice a day.

He said he'd be happy to talk to you.

Oh wow.. Thank you so much.. I've never even heard of polyps in sinus cavaties before so I was totally clueless.. I will talk to my Dr on Monday to see what course of action I'll have to do.. But, if I have any questions, I will definately take you up on your offer.. Thank you again..

I Love You
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: