Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #211
DisneyRN1
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
I had it today and they said 24 - 48 hours for results

Good luck with the MRI. Several years ago, I had a headache for months, and NOTHING helped. They did a CT scan initially, and didn't find anything. So they did a MRI with contrast-again nothing. They put me on a very high dose of steroids. We went to WDW the next day, (in Sept.) The steroids gave me a major case of hot flashes. I would go in the condo and turn the A/C on arctic cold. I would kick the covers off at night and be sweating, and Greg would be shiverring under the covers But I do not have migraine headaches, so I don't know if steroids would work for you, but my headache began to feel better by the third day. Good luck. .....Vicki
Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #212
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post

Why can't they use their Blackberries?
They are not allowed to 'work' as it is an unpaid leave. Can't check their e-mail or their voice-mail...no contact with work. Since I'm taking a 'furlough' day tomorrow, I had to be sure to not work any overtime this week either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
So, I arrived back in Chicago, after a couple of days in Orlando on business.

I'm happy to be home, though I wish it could be a little warmer.

It was -7F when I left for work this morning, and it is now -9F, and supposed to go down to -10F.
Don't suppose you want to hear that it will be in the 70's for the next week. I've got a four day weekend and will be doing some Starbucks patio sitting
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2009, 01:59 AM   #213
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
I had it today and they said 24 - 48 hours for results
Still hoping and praying for some relief for you!
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:01 AM   #214
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Are you sure that John is British?

It must be the quarter Welsh that is the problem!!

Old 01-16-2009, 06:12 AM   #215
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg3 View Post
I have never heard of it either - had to google it:

Meaning:
A loud-mouthed but ineffectual upper class fool.

Origin:
This sounds very much like a phrase of British origin - possibly from the pen of P. G. Wodehouse. In fact it's an American phrase, coined by Damon Runyon. In a piece for a 1936 edition of Collier's Weekly, Runyon wrote:

"He is without doubt strictly a Hoorah Henry, and he is generally figured as nothing but a lob as far as ever doing anything useful in this world is concerned."

Hmmm, you learn something new every day.

I've definitely met a few HH's in my time...

I discovered recently that the phrase John Doe (which I've always assumed was exclusively a US term) probably originated in England! That really surprised me as it's something I think of as essentially American...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 01-16-2009, 06:50 AM   #216
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post

I discovered recently that the phrase John Doe (which I've always assumed was exclusively a US term) probably originated in England! That really surprised me as it's something I think of as essentially American...
As you might have suspected, I find language and origins very interesting.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:52 AM   #217
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Off to work very soon.

It is a rather bracing -17F air temperature (not wind-chill, that's -33F) this morning.

-17F is -27C for our metric friends.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:00 AM   #218
granmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post

Well I did not know that!

Quote:
As you might have suspected, I find language and origins very interesting.
Me too.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #219
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
They are not allowed to 'work' as it is an unpaid leave. Can't check their e-mail or their voice-mail...no contact with work. Since I'm taking a 'furlough' day tomorrow, I had to be sure to not work any overtime this week either.

Don't suppose you want to hear that it will be in the 70's for the next week. I've got a four day weekend and will be doing some Starbucks patio sitting
I wish it was in the 70's here. We'll be at 24 for the high today with a low tonight of 14, no telling where the wind chills will be.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #220
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Check this out!! What a difference one football player made!!
Ben is a relative of ours.

http://packerslounge.com/?p=2809

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #221
JLSE50

-11 in Indianapolis.

Anyone got a photo they want added to post 2?

I was going to take the van to the mechanic for him to see what part we need to order to fix the antifreeze leak but he said his garage is full of vehicles that would not start in the cold, he does not want me driving if I don't have to go out in the cold and slippery conditions so I am staying in.

Tom pulled the mini-blinds to the top of the 12 foot windows and I am gathering passive solar heat as we are on the south side of the building.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #222
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Whereīs Woody?

Greetings from Salvador de Bahia, Brazil. After five sea days, itīs our first stop in South America. The Mariner of the Seas is a large and beautiful ship. We went ice skating at every opportunity.

Our next stop is Rio de Janiero.

Woody
Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #223
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Greetings from Salvador de Bahia, Brazil. After five sea days, itīs our first stop in South America. The Mariner of the Seas is a large and beautiful ship. We went ice skating at every opportunity.

Woody
Wow!!!! You need an interactive map so you can just post your current location to it and we can find where you are from there. Definately can't wait to see pics.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #224
granmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post

Woody
Hi Woody. Ice skating at sea - how wonderful.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #225
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

WE'RE GOING TO ANTIGUA!!!!!!!

What's better is... the trip is 100% FREE!!!!!

DH called me this morning and told me that one of his companies had a cancellation and wanted to know if we wanted to go to Antiqua, staying at St James Club.. ALL expenses paid.. Even a service to/from the Airport.. We leave next Friday and will be home on the 28th (dh's bday)

About 10 minutes later I called him back... Umm, honey, our Passports are in FLORIDA!!!!

So now I have to fly to Florida this week and get our passports, fly home, then fly to Antigua on Friday... We have no relatives or friends with Keys to our house to Fed Ex them to us..

HEY!!!! Who changed the smileys??::cop:

I Love You
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: