Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #886
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran
 
HLAuburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 4,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid&cinderella View Post
If only it was available to Canadians
Are you serious? I had NO idea! Maybe you should consider moving to the States!
HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #887
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran
 
mermaid&cinderella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Are you serious? I had NO idea! Maybe you should consider moving to the States!
Don't say that too loud....if my dh hears you he will say "I told you so"....LOL
Oh he wants to move down there but we have alot of good up here, its hard to make the adjustment Don't worry I spend lots of money in the great ole USA.

But I should really write someone about us not being able to get the Visa....I would soooo love to have Mickey on my credit card and get all the perks too!
__________________

2014 - POFQ - March break fun
2014 - BCV & AKL - Princess Half Marathon
2013 - offsite
2013 - ASMu - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #888
Cupmom
DIS Veteran
 
Cupmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Massapequa, NY
Posts: 892

Back in 2007 we heard rumors a few weeks before. People were posting info on ads they saw and travel agents had posted info too. This year there is nothing. Making me a bit nervous
__________________
Cupmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #889
Cupmom
DIS Veteran
 
Cupmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Massapequa, NY
Posts: 892

In 2007 Disney Visa cardholders could book the day after Easter 4/8 I think. We knew before hand because my friend took off of work so we could all be on the phone at 7am
__________________
Cupmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #890
chumsmum0916
Mouseketeer
 
chumsmum0916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario....way too far from the Magic at WDW!
Posts: 126

Hi, is this the price for 2 to fly from TO? I looked into booking from Detroit and for 2 of us to fly it's $278 US. I am thinking of similar dates as yours, and staying at Pop Century hopefully (DD loves it there)
__________________
Sherry (35) Brook (DD)
chumsmum0916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #891
meljw1960
Mouseketeer
 
meljw1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
They tell you in advance. They'll put it up (hopefully) end of March/beginning of of April and then you know when to be ready, phone in hand, at 7 am.
back in 2007, I had heard about the free dining and knew others who had done it. I mentioned it to a friend, saying "I wish I had someone to go with", thats when she said OK and we booked it, that was in JUNE and we did it online and at POP. eventually, they upgraded us to Saratoga Springs for free, because POP was overbooked but we had no trouble getting a reservation.

Last year, I used the Magic for Less travel Agency and we booked 2 rooms at POP and when free dining came out, she emailed me and said we there weren't any preferred rooms at POP for the FD promo, but we could have stayed there in standard rooms. we chose to move to SPORTS instead because it was my mom's first time there and we wanted her to have preferred room. but we took a couple days to decide and still had no trouble getting in. I'm using the same travel agent this year and we are already booked at POP, if we have to, we'll move to another value, but I don't think that will be a problem.
__________________


one day trip to MK 2/74
honeymoon, Kissimmee 9/85
Caribbean Beach Resort - 9/90
Port Orleans - 11/94
Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 11/2000
All Star Movies - 8/03
Old Key West Resort 3/06 Pop Century 6/06
Downtown Disney Resort 8/06
Saratoga Springs resort (free upgrade from POP)8/07
Boardwalk Villas 3/08 All Star Sports 8/08
POP Century 8/09 All Star Music 11/09
meljw1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #892
Disneynut5
Mouseketeer
 
Disneynut5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljw1960 View Post
back in 2007, I had heard about the free dining and knew others who had done it. I mentioned it to a friend, saying "I wish I had someone to go with", thats when she said OK and we booked it, that was in JUNE and we did it online and at POP. eventually, they upgraded us to Saratoga Springs for free, because POP was overbooked but we had no trouble getting a reservation.

Last year, I used the Magic for Less travel Agency and we booked 2 rooms at POP and when free dining came out, she emailed me and said we there weren't any preferred rooms at POP for the FD promo, but we could have stayed there in standard rooms. we chose to move to SPORTS instead because it was my mom's first time there and we wanted her to have preferred room. but we took a couple days to decide and still had no trouble getting in. I'm using the same travel agent this year and we are already booked at POP, if we have to, we'll move to another value, but I don't think that will be a problem.
I am using this agency. Can I ask if you let them do your dining reservations or not? SHe said she would do them but it makes me nervous to trust someone else with them. What did you do?
Disneynut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 PM   #893
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran
 
ZeroToHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,884

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljw1960 View Post
back in 2007, I had heard about the free dining and knew others who had done it. I mentioned it to a friend, saying "I wish I had someone to go with", thats when she said OK and we booked it, that was in JUNE and we did it online and at POP. eventually, they upgraded us to Saratoga Springs for free, because POP was overbooked but we had no trouble getting a reservation.

Last year, I used the Magic for Less travel Agency and we booked 2 rooms at POP and when free dining came out, she emailed me and said we there weren't any preferred rooms at POP for the FD promo, but we could have stayed there in standard rooms. we chose to move to SPORTS instead because it was my mom's first time there and we wanted her to have preferred room. but we took a couple days to decide and still had no trouble getting in. I'm using the same travel agent this year and we are already booked at POP, if we have to, we'll move to another value, but I don't think that will be a problem.
Yeah, it really depends on how flexible you are, I think. If you're willing to change room types, resorts, dates, etc, you should be okay, but if you want a specific thing, you might have to call earlier. And this year might be weird, because a lot of people might be depending on free dining to be able to go. It's a huge savings for a lot of people who might normally have been able to afford a dining plan or a deluxe resort who are now having to move to a cheaper way of going to visit the Mouse.
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:51 PM   #894
cricketgirl
I've waited my whole life for this!
 
cricketgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 300

FD questions

I actually ahve 2 questions.

1st: If I already have a room booked at All Star Movies if I get FD can I keep the Reservations I have already?

2nd: If I get FD, when can I make the ADR? I thought it was 90 days out, but now I am kinda confused.

Thanks in advance.
Lori
__________________
Cricketgirl
cricketgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #895
meljw1960
Mouseketeer
 
meljw1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut5 View Post
I am using this agency. Can I ask if you let them do your dining reservations or not? SHe said she would do them but it makes me nervous to trust someone else with them. What did you do?
Yes, I gave her a list of days and restaurants I wanted and she took care of everything. Not only that, but she emailed me a spreadsheet with all our dates, park hours, ADR's everything.. thats why I'm using her again. I was extremely pleased with our last trip. I don't know if it will be harder now that everything is 90 days out. but if I don't have to wait on the phone, I'm a happy camper.
__________________


one day trip to MK 2/74
honeymoon, Kissimmee 9/85
Caribbean Beach Resort - 9/90
Port Orleans - 11/94
Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 11/2000
All Star Movies - 8/03
Old Key West Resort 3/06 Pop Century 6/06
Downtown Disney Resort 8/06
Saratoga Springs resort (free upgrade from POP)8/07
Boardwalk Villas 3/08 All Star Sports 8/08
POP Century 8/09 All Star Music 11/09
meljw1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #896
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran
 
ZeroToHero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,884

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketgirl View Post
I actually ahve 2 questions.

1st: If I already have a room booked at All Star Movies if I get FD can I keep the Reservations I have already?

2nd: If I get FD, when can I make the ADR? I thought it was 90 days out, but now I am kinda confused.

Thanks in advance.
Lori
You have to call them and they will "rebook" you. Meaning they cancel your reservation and book a new one, using one of the allotted "free dining" rooms at ASMo.

You can make the ADRs 90 days out from your day of arrival, and since you're staying on-site, you also get the +10 option, so you get to book up to 10 days of ADRs from the day you arrive. If you're staying for more than 10 days, you have to call back.
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #897
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran
 
grace&philipsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid&cinderella View Post
If only it was available to Canadians
I know!!!!! I get so frustrated when I see things available to the Disney Visa members (i.e. first crack over free dining). I wonder why it's not available for canadians. Maybe we could start a petition......
__________________
grace&philipsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #898
aestapa
Mouseketeer
 
aestapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
You have to call them and they will "rebook" you. Meaning they cancel your reservation and book a new one, using one of the allotted "free dining" rooms at ASMo.

You can make the ADRs 90 days out from your day of arrival, and since you're staying on-site, you also get the +10 option, so you get to book up to 10 days of ADRs from the day you arrive. If you're staying for more than 10 days, you have to call back.
OK...can you clarify something for me?? We are booked for AKL in Sept. Based on your post, it looks like I can call 90 days in advance of our arrival date and book ADRs for all 10 nights of our stay?

I was thinking the +10 meant that we could call in 10 days earlier than those staying off property...so in effect, we could call in at 100 days for each night we wanted a ressie. I like your way so much better!!!
aestapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #899
mermaid&cinderella
DIS Veteran
 
mermaid&cinderella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace&philipsmom View Post
I know!!!!! I get so frustrated when I see things available to the Disney Visa members (i.e. first crack over free dining). I wonder why it's not available for canadians. Maybe we could start a petition......
We should definately start a petition
__________________

2014 - POFQ - March break fun
2014 - BCV & AKL - Princess Half Marathon
2013 - offsite
2013 - ASMu - for Marathon Weekend - running Goofy, rather Dopey
2012 (May) - sailing on DREAM
2012 - ASSp - running Expedition Everest Challenge
2012 - ASMo - ran Princess Half Marathon
2011 - offsite - ran Wine & Dine Half Marathon
2011 - Hilton - ran Princess Half Marathon
2010 - offsite but in FL for a whole month
2009 - CBR - Not as good as POLY but still fun
2008 - POLY - Loved it
2007 - POLY - Loved it
2006 - POLY - DD's first time princess
1980 - offsite - Wow long time ago
mermaid&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:06 AM   #900
twooley2
DIS Veteran
 
twooley2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,205

Thats ok I see on the UK website that their packages are about 1000.00 cheaper than the U.S. How can that be ? Is that right?
twooley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: