Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #616
ammbugg
Earning My Ears

Subscribing! Thanks for all the tips and advice!
ammbugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #617
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by robills View Post
2009 Bounceback Free Dining

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the bounceback dining but I may need to move my dates. Can anyone remember when they dates were?

Bounceback Dates were - Aug 23-Oct 1 & Oct 2-8 (I think)

However, I got the bounceback from last year too and I called today to change my dates (that still fell within the bounceback time frame) and I was told that I can't make any changes to my bounceback reservation because it was a special that was only open for a certain window of time and that time has past. So I am now stuck with those dates or have to wait for the general public free dining to be announced and rebook and hope I can get what I want. DARN!
Call back. They can change it. I changed my resort back to SSR after the closing day. They said, at first that they couldn't but they did.

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
stepdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #618
Kimmy2Disney
Can't wait to be back in the world!!

New to this board, but I've sat here and read all 42 pages of it and figured I ought to join!! Free dining is driving me CRAZY!! WE have done it each August going into Labor day wknd for that past 3 years, and I'm dying for it to come out! I'm absolutely KICKING myself for not booking the bounceback and will never ever make that mistake again! I've tried everything in my arsenal in attemts to get a pin. My fiance has called several times where CM's continue to tell him that they have no clue what he is talking about, as if there has never been such a thing as free dining, AHHH so frustrating... All in trying to plan the perfect Disneymoon!! Last year we upgraded to the DLX and we thought it was very worth it, very filling, but worth it! Has anyone tried the wine and dine??- If so LMK. Thanks!! In the meantime I'll be waiting for that DV or general public announcement!
Kimmy2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #619
meeshkamooshka
please exit to your left...

buy now, adjust tickets for free dining later?

did I read correctly somewhere...I can make my reservation/ vacation package with dining, in hopes they will offer it..then I can call in and they will change ( give me) the free dining if It's within the date range they are offering the promo?

THanks for your comments in advance!
ANY POST I MAKE ON THE BOARD IS " MY" OPINION, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION. AS A MATURE ADULT, RESPECTFUL AND TOLERANT DIALOGUE BEGINS WITH ACCEPTING EACH OTHERS POINT OF VIEW - EVEN IF THEY DIFFER. BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES, WE FORM DIFFERENT OPINIONS. VARIOUS OPINIONS CAN SHED NEW LIGHT AND NEW APPROACHES, ULTIMATELY WE WOULD FAIL TO MAKE PROGRESS IN OUR DEMOCRACY WITHOUT THEM! BUT AGAIN,THIS IS ALL "MY" OPINION!

FOR SOME REASON I ALWAYS GET HUNGRY FOR ONIONS, WHEN I READ THE WORD OPINION!
meeshkamooshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #620
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeshkamooshka View Post
did I read correctly somewhere...I can make my reservation/ vacation package with dining, in hopes they will offer it..then I can call in and they will change ( give me) the free dining if It's within the date range they are offering the promo?

THanks for your comments in advance!
Yes you are correct. There is a good chance that if you make your reservations for the last week of Aug or the month of September you will be able to upgrade your ressie to free dining. If you do not plan to go unless you get free dining then there really is no advantage to booking in advance.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #621
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Didn't they extend the free dining offer last year through the month of Oct? Thanks

milmore104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #622
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
Didn't they extend the free dining offer last year through the month of Oct? Thanks
I know we stayed from the Sept 24-Oct 6th. We did bounceback free dining, last year. Hope this helps.

faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #623
KKB
DIS Veteran

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmore104 View Post
According to mousesavers. Free dining to the general public was only thru Sept. 20 (as long as you arrive by 9/20, you can go thru the end of your stay).

That being said, it also says that VISA Disney holders could get free dining those dates thru December...
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!
2/26-3/2/15 WDW All Star resort w/ DD: dance team comptetition
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #624
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKB View Post
According to mousesavers. Free dining to the general public was only thru Sept. 20 (as long as you arrive by 9/20, you can go thru the end of your stay).

That being said, it also says that VISA Disney holders could get free dining those dates thru December...
Well, we were there the week of October 15 and we were not able to get free dining our week. I am a Disney Visa holder and it wasn't available to us. I do remember that it came out for sometime either right after our week or right before our week because I remember calling to see if we could apply it to our week. The date either stretched into the beginning or end of our stay. However, the CM that helped me on the phone said that our entire trip had to fall within the stay, not just part of the trip. I was so disappointed! Plus, our week was Columbus Day week, a busy holiday week. Maybe that had something to do with it.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #625
KKB
DIS Veteran

That is different than what most others were told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLHB70 View Post
Well, we were there the week of October 15 and we were not able to get free dining our week. I am a Disney Visa holder and it wasn't available to us. I do remember that it came out for sometime either right after our week or right before our week because I remember calling to see if we could apply it to our week. The date either stretched into the beginning or end of our stay. However, the CM that helped me on the phone said that our entire trip had to fall within the stay, not just part of the trip. I was so disappointed! Plus, our week was Columbus Day week, a busy holiday week. Maybe that had something to do with it.
Honestly I had not heard anyone w/ Disney VISA mention that extension, so I question the validity of the info on mousesavers on that one.

It does appear that your date was much too late to fall in free dining. But we have heard many stories of those who arrive the last day of free dining and are able to secure it for their entire trip.
9/5-9/13/09 WDW POP (same crew...plus my dad!
2/26-3/2/15 WDW All Star resort w/ DD: dance team comptetition
KKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #626
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKB View Post
Honestly I had not heard anyone w/ Disney VISA mention that extension, so I question the validity of the info on mousesavers on that one.

It does appear that your date was much too late to fall in free dining. But we have heard many stories of those who arrive the last day of free dining and are able to secure it for their entire trip.
I am not saying that I remember it necessarily being extended (from original free dining dates) into our trip. It may have been that the original dates hit around our trip somehow. I do specifically remember calling to see if our dates would count. October 15 was a Wednesday. We arrived there the Saturday before that. The dates we were there did not hit the appropriate dates, but I do know that I called to see if they would work because we were so close. I would never call and check if it was two weeks off, or even a week off for that matter. I just know that it must have been close enough for me to feel comfortable calling and asking, thinking that it could maybe work out somehow. Sorry to say that I cannot remember the exact details. Maybe I can find the old thread about it.
I was furious that we missed free dining! Our friends were not able to go on any dates but those so we paid for food to be able to go with them.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #627
Vallie
DIS Veteran

we are planning on going august 23-30!
do you think we will qualify?!?!
i'm hoping so!!

we are booking tomorrow im excited!

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Vallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #628
LuccaDrake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am not saying that I remember it necessarily being extended (from original free dining dates) into our trip. It may have been that the original dates hit around our trip somehow. I do specifically remember calling to see if our dates would count. October 15 was a Wednesday. We arrived there the Saturday before that. The dates we were there did not hit the appropriate dates, but I do know that I called to see if they would work because we were so close. I would never call and check if it was two weeks off, or even a week off for that matter. I just know that it must have been close enough for me to feel comfortable calling and asking, thinking that it could maybe work out somehow. Sorry to say that I cannot remember the exact details. Maybe I can find the old thread about it.
I was furious that we missed free dining! Our friends were not able to go on any dates but those so we paid for food to be able to go with them.
You're correct in that Free Dining was extended last year. I remember an email with select dates in Nov/Dec (possibly more) available for Disney VISA cardholders.

1983-1994 - Offsite (Dave as child)
1997 - Offsite (Beka as teenager)
2006 - POP
2007 - ASMu
2008 - CSR
2010 - POFQ
2012 - CSR
2013 - POP (April)
2013 - CSR (December)
2014 - POP for Food & Wine!
LuccaDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #629
TLHB70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallie View Post
we are planning on going august 23-30!
do you think we will qualify?!?!
i'm hoping so!!

we are booking tomorrow im excited!
Those dates, around those dates, have typically been covered in the past. I would say that your chances are very likely unless something is completely different this year.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #630
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Those dates, around those dates, have typically been covered in the past. I would say that your chances are very likely unless something is completely different this year.

heres to hoping its the same this year!!!
my TA was saying that its usually started the sunday before september so this year will prob be on the 30th but I looked it up last year and it was from the 24th or something like that!!
So i REALLY REALLY hope we get it!!

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Vallie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc members, free dining, passholders

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: