Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #76
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

great shirts! i like the disneymoon ones the best. be ready to hear "congratulations" about a million times. ray and i have gone on our anniversary the last 2 years and when the CMs see those pins they congratulate you - ALL OF THEM! it was nice but it started to get kind of funny. we were saying, "thanks" in unison by the 2nd day! and like i said before, kudos to you for getting adam to wear disney stuff. ray loves disney world but still refuses to wear anything disney except for his goofy hoodie and his star wars shirt i got him in september.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #77
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
I do love the t-shirts
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
The tee shirts rock! Kudos to the people on the dis signs boards. I didn't realize you were making so many, but they are all so freakin' adorable! Thats funny that Addy hides your clothes...well not funny for you, but it amuses me. Since its just a little tank top I'm assuming that it is stuck in between something at mil's house. Or floating around her laundry room. I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere. I should be in bed, but I can't sleep and for some reason our apartment is freezing even though our heater has been running non stop it seems. I think its the vaulted cielings...all the gosh darn heat rises and then floats around up there instead of staying down at our level to keep us warm. I love to scrap in the loft b/c its warm up there. Also the lovely college kids in this complex are slamming their doors and doing God knows what else b/c the whole living room including my couch keeps shaking. The joys of living in an apartment eh? Just think...this time next week we'll be sleeping at the resort at disney! Hows that for awesome!
I agree, the people on the DISign thread are awesome! The shirts turned out really well, except for the ones that aren't quite straight .

Adam and I lived in a duplex when we first got married, and we had the WORST neighbors. I absolutely hated it and ended up spending most nights staying at my mom's because I was afraid to be there by myself when Adam was gone (which was pretty much the entire week then).

I'm so excited........I can't believe it's getting so close! I'm going to PM you my cell number so that you have it, and I'll send you a text when we get checked in so you know what room number we're in .

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
great shirts! i like the disneymoon ones the best. be ready to hear "congratulations" about a million times. ray and i have gone on our anniversary the last 2 years and when the CMs see those pins they congratulate you - ALL OF THEM! it was nice but it started to get kind of funny. we were saying, "thanks" in unison by the 2nd day! and like i said before, kudos to you for getting adam to wear disney stuff. ray loves disney world but still refuses to wear anything disney except for his goofy hoodie and his star wars shirt i got him in september.
I was shocked that Adam actually asked for some of the shirts this time around. I thought he might just be doing it for Anna's sake the last trip, but apparently not . I kind of figured on the congrats, I just think it will be a little funny because it's actually been almost 7 years since we got married. We just couldn't afford a honeymoon then. I'm going to get a birthday pin too, because we're celebrating that as well, so we'll probably be hearing a lot of it.

Adam bought a Grumpy hat when we were there in October, and he got really tired of all the CMs asking if he was grumpy . Anna started answering for him (of course she kept saying yes, or she'd just stand behind him and quietly shake her head ), but that was pretty cute. Everyone got a good laugh out of it. He insists that he's buying a different hat this time. He has a sweatshirt from last trip that he's going to take too.
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #78
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Well, it's almost time to go. I have our suitcases pretty well packed and clothes ready to take to my mom's for the girls. I think last night it really hit Anna that we're leaving, and she got kind of upset. I don't think she cares so much that we're going to Disney without her, she's just upset that we're going to be gone.

I just got done checking the weather, and it doesn't look like we should have any weather issues with our flight. Orlando looks like it should be pretty nice the whole time we're there except for Wednesday when it's only supposed to be in the 50s. The temperatures go up as our time goes on though. Honestly, I can deal with a little chill if need be, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain on our Fantasmic night (since they're only showing it twice the whole time we're there). I love Fantasmic, and I really don't want to miss it.
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
Old 01-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #79
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

I'm sooo jealous. Just kidding. Hope that you have a wonderful time--can't wait to read your TR

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 01-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #80
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sooo jealous. Just kidding. Hope that you have a wonderful time--can't wait to read your TR
Thanks! I'm sure I will be jealous when it's your turn to go . After this trip, it's probably going to be a while before we make it back. We're hoping to plan a trip in December of 2010 for DD's 8th birthday......that's way to far away for me!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #81
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
Thanks! I'm sure I will be jealous when it's your turn to go . After this trip, it's probably going to be a while before we make it back. We're hoping to plan a trip in December of 2010 for DD's 8th birthday......that's way to far away for me!
This is a very special trip for us. And I'd love to go back in 2011..for my 40th Birthday Celebration. I was born 2 months after MK opened--so it has a special place in my heart. I'd love to celebrate Walt's 40 year dream

Old 01-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #82
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is a very special trip for us. And I'd love to go back in 2011..for my 40th Birthday Celebration. I was born 2 months after MK opened--so it has a special place in my heart. I'd love to celebrate Walt's 40 year dream
That would be really cool! I can't imagine all the special events they'll have going then. DH said something about wanting to go for his 30th birthday (June 2010), but I think he was kidding.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:01 PM   #83
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Aww poor anna...i'm sure she'll be fine though and it'll pass by quickly for her. I'm pm'ing you right now with my cell!

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 01-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #84
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

2 days!!!!!

will you post an itinerary (not with times because i know that's kinda creepy to tell people you don't know where you're gonna be at what time but just general info) so we can imagine we're there with you???
Old 01-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #85
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

speaking of the weather, bring layers!!!! i'm telling you - i never expected it to be cold in florida but when we were there in december IT WAS! so just bring some long-sleeved shirts to go under those cute shirts you made and some jackets/hoodies, gloves, hats and scarves.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #86
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aww poor anna...i'm sure she'll be fine though and it'll pass by quickly for her. I'm pm'ing you right now with my cell!
I got it . I'll see you a text when we get checked in on Wednesday. I'm getting really excited now! It almost seems real.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #87
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
2 days!!!!!

will you post an itinerary (not with times because i know that's kinda creepy to tell people you don't know where you're gonna be at what time but just general info) so we can imagine we're there with you???
There is a much more detailed itinerary on pages 1 and 2, but here's a general idea.........

Jan. 20--Tuesday
Drive to KC
Dinner with my sister and cousin at some Mexican restaurant
Drive to the airport hotel and try to go to bed early

Jan. 21--Wednesday
Get up WAY too early to catch flight to Orlando
Get picked up at the airport by limo to take us to the Contemporary
Check in
Lunch at the Plaza
Possibly to DTD in search of the pins I really want
Dinner at Ohana

Jan. 22--Thursday
Our Animal Kingdom Day
Tusker House Breakfast
Yak & Yeti Lunch
Afternoon/Evening at the MK
Spectromagic at 7

Jan. 23--Friday
Magic Kingdom Day
Crystal Palace Breakfast
Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner
Wishes at 8

Jan. 24--Saturday
Epcot Day
Askershus Breakfast
Lots of time in the World Showcase
Teppan Edo Dinner

Jan. 25--Sunday
The only thing planned out for today is lunch at Le Cellier
Probably DTD

Jan. 26--Monday
Hollywood Studios
Sci-Fi lunch
Brown Derby early dinner/Fantasmic Package
Fantasmic

Jan. 27--Tuesday
Chef Mickey's Breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch
California Grill Dinner--to see Wishes

Jan. 28--Wednesday
Our Departure Day
The limo will probably pick us up around 2 or 3
We'll be back in KC around 7:30
Drive to hotel and go to bed

Jan. 29--Thursday
Head home and be reunited with my babies

Quote:
speaking of the weather, bring layers!!!! i'm telling you - i never expected it to be cold in florida but when we were there in december IT WAS! so just bring some long-sleeved shirts to go under those cute shirts you made and some jackets/hoodies, gloves, hats and scarves.
Right now I have several sweatshirts/hoodies packed to go over the t-shirts. I'll also have the jacket that I'll definitely need before we leave Kansas City. Hopefully that will be enough to keep me warm. I know it will be cooler in the mornings and evening, I just hope it warms up during the day.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #88
Disneyfan71

You've got an awesome schedule btw

Old 01-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #89
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
I got it . I'll see you a text when we get checked in on Wednesday. I'm getting really excited now! It almost seems real.
Thats b/c it is real silly! I'm so excited! Have you met anybody from the dis? If not then its both our first time meeting a dis person! So exciting!

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 01-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #90
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thats b/c it is real silly! I'm so excited! Have you met anybody from the dis? If not then its both our first time meeting a dis person! So exciting!
I've never met anyone from the DIS, so it will be both of our first times for that. I do have a really good friend from a mommy board that I've met, and we've actually gotten together several times now.

I know it is real I don't think it will really hit me until we're at the airport .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: