Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #46
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
Ok, I finally got started on my shirts today. With only a week before we leave, I figured I better get moving. I used light t-shirt transfers this time around instead of dark transfers like last time. Let me tell you, the dark transfers were much easier to work with. As you can see on Adam's stick family shirt, there were some problems.



These are the ones that Anna picked out for us. She told us that we HAD to have something with Beauty and the Beast on it because that's her favorite.





I have two more transfers left from the first package, so I'm going to get them printed tonight and try to get another set of t-shirts done tomorrow. Then, I'm going to have to run to Walmart and get another set of transfers. I'm trying to figure out if they're going to be light t-shirt ones or dark ones.

I also started packing........just barely though. I'm working on our carry on bag. We're not completely comfortable with airlines, and we always have a fear in the back of our minds that they'll lose our luggage. So, we like to have a couple of days worth of clothes in our carry on.

Your shirts are super cute! I hope we pull through with time and are able to make a few shirts. Its getting down to the wire though. Eeeek. I need to make a list of stuff to pack b/c that way I don't get that feeling that I am forgetting something...well I still do, but if I make a list I don't get it as bad. I think dh and I are way to brave on the carry on front b/c we never seem to pack clothes in our carry on. Since we are flying delta this time around I think I will...just in case. *knock on wood* The very first time I flew (which was our disney 06' trip) my dad was trying to freak me out and was telling me that northwest was really good at losing luggage and thats who we were flying with. Of course I knew he was kidding, but I was rather freaked. I'm not a super huge fan of flying, but I've done it so much now that I am what dh's dad calls a professional flyer. (really its he who is the professional flyer. sometimes he'll fly to texas and all the way back to ohio in one day just for a business meeting. Crazy i know.) Its getting close! Have you been looking at the weather? I haven't...I need to though before we pack!
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Girldreamer02 is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #47
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
Your shirts are super cute! I hope we pull through with time and are able to make a few shirts. Its getting down to the wire though. Eeeek. I need to make a list of stuff to pack b/c that way I don't get that feeling that I am forgetting something...well I still do, but if I make a list I don't get it as bad. I think dh and I are way to brave on the carry on front b/c we never seem to pack clothes in our carry on. Since we are flying delta this time around I think I will...just in case. *knock on wood* The very first time I flew (which was our disney 06' trip) my dad was trying to freak me out and was telling me that northwest was really good at losing luggage and thats who we were flying with. Of course I knew he was kidding, but I was rather freaked. I'm not a super huge fan of flying, but I've done it so much now that I am what dh's dad calls a professional flyer. (really its he who is the professional flyer. sometimes he'll fly to texas and all the way back to ohio in one day just for a business meeting. Crazy i know.) Its getting close! Have you been looking at the weather? I haven't...I need to though before we pack!
I'm looking at the extended forecast in another window right now. It's looks like mostly 60s and lower 70s. The Sunday we're there shows a strong chance of rain, but that's about it. There are a few other chances of showers, but that's about it. Looks like it's going to be pretty nice
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #48
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
I'm looking at the extended forecast in another window right now. It's looks like mostly 60s and lower 70s. The Sunday we're there shows a strong chance of rain, but that's about it. There are a few other chances of showers, but that's about it. Looks like it's going to be pretty nice
I can deal with that...I'm planning on wearing tee shirts mostly, but when its chilly in the morning I usually have two layers on over a tee shirt...a longsleeve tee and then a zip up hoodie( pull over hoodies are just more work and plus my pull overs are thicker and won't fit in my bagalini like my zip ups will.) Well hopefully that chance of rain will go away...we don't want to get wet now do we? We should cross our fingers and do the anti rain dance (if there is such a thing?) lol
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Girldreamer02 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #49
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
I can deal with that...I'm planning on wearing tee shirts mostly, but when its chilly in the morning I usually have two layers on over a tee shirt...a longsleeve tee and then a zip up hoodie( pull over hoodies are just more work and plus my pull overs are thicker and won't fit in my bagalini like my zip ups will.) Well hopefully that chance of rain will go away...we don't want to get wet now do we? We should cross our fingers and do the anti rain dance (if there is such a thing?) lol
I could definitely do without the rain. It rained on us for one of the days on our October trip, and it didn't make it very nice. Even when it wasn't raining, it was VERY muggy. I plan on taking mostly jeans and t-shirts and then my two disney hoodies (one a zip up and one a pullover). I'll have a coat too because I'm sure we'll need it on our airport days.

Rain, rain, go away....................... .
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #50
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Well, I didn't get any t-shirts done today because I messed up the last of the transfers from the first package, and I need to pick up some more. I did get these printed.







These were on the DISign thread to make pillowcases for the characters to sign. I didn't want to do a pillowcase, but I thought that if I printed them at 8 1/2 x 11, they'd work well in a 12x12 scrapbook. They look pretty nice, and it will make life easier since I don't plan on taking my autograph pages.
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #51
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,974

Your pages are cute...so are you taking those to get signed? I didn't do anything disney related today...I went tanning...thats preparing for disney so I guess that counts?
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Girldreamer02 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #52
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
Your pages are cute...so are you taking those to get signed? I didn't do anything disney related today...I went tanning...thats preparing for disney so I guess that counts?
Yes, I'm going to get them signed and then use them as one side of a two sided layout for our scrapbook. I thought that might be a cute but different way to do things.

Of course that counts !
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #53
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
Yes, I'm going to get them signed and then use them as one side of a two sided layout for our scrapbook. I thought that might be a cute but different way to do things.

Of course that counts !
how are you going to carry them around? Sorry...I'm so curious hehe
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Girldreamer02 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #54
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
how are you going to carry them around? Sorry...I'm so curious hehe
I'm not completely sure........I have a 3 ring binder with all of our trip planning stuff in it and right now I have them stored in one of the back pockets. I don't know if I'll try to carry that around in the parks with us or what. I may also just try to store them in a sheet protector and keep it in the top part of our camera backpack. I'd have to be really careful though to make sure they don't get bent.
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #55
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
I'm not completely sure........I have a 3 ring binder with all of our trip planning stuff in it and right now I have them stored in one of the back pockets. I don't know if I'll try to carry that around in the parks with us or what. I may also just try to store them in a sheet protector and keep it in the top part of our camera backpack. I'd have to be really careful though to make sure they don't get bent.
I'm sure you'll work something out! They are super cute and whenever you want those disney cut outs from my cricut just let me know. I'm crossing my fingers that nothing comes up tomorrow (like a migraine) because dh helped me pick out about 4 different sets of disney pics to start scrapping tomorrow and I am super excited. Only reason I said the thing about the migraine is it seems whenever I am excited and make plans to do something I always end up with one. So fingers crossed! I have enough pics picked out to do several pages so it could very well keep me busy a better part of the day. I don't have to go tan tomorrow either b/c i'm only doing it every other day. Yesterday was the first day in the single digits and we didn't even do the single digit dance... Dh and I did it tonight...not really a specific dance, but we just danced around the kitchen like the silly people that we are.
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Girldreamer02 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #56
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
I'm sure you'll work something out! They are super cute and whenever you want those disney cut outs from my cricut just let me know. I'm crossing my fingers that nothing comes up tomorrow (like a migraine) because dh helped me pick out about 4 different sets of disney pics to start scrapping tomorrow and I am super excited. Only reason I said the thing about the migraine is it seems whenever I am excited and make plans to do something I always end up with one. So fingers crossed! I have enough pics picked out to do several pages so it could very well keep me busy a better part of the day. I don't have to go tan tomorrow either b/c i'm only doing it every other day. Yesterday was the first day in the single digits and we didn't even do the single digit dance... Dh and I did it tonight...not really a specific dance, but we just danced around the kitchen like the silly people that we are.
Migraines always seem to strike when you least want them to. I got one the morning we left for Disney in October while we were at the airport .

If you get some layouts done, you should post pictures........I'd love to see them.

I have a lot of stuff to do before the end of the week. I have to renew my drivers license, get all the bills paid before we leave, finish up the shirts, go to Walmart and pick up essentials, get the girls clothes ready, etc. I seem to always cut it really close to the wire. I talked to my cousin and my sister in KC today, and we're going to have dinner with them the night before we fly out. I'm looking forward to that too........it's always good to catch up with family .
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #57
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
Migraines always seem to strike when you least want them to. I got one the morning we left for Disney in October while we were at the airport .

If you get some layouts done, you should post pictures........I'd love to see them.

I have a lot of stuff to do before the end of the week. I have to renew my drivers license, get all the bills paid before we leave, finish up the shirts, go to Walmart and pick up essentials, get the girls clothes ready, etc. I seem to always cut it really close to the wire. I talked to my cousin and my sister in KC today, and we're going to have dinner with them the night before we fly out. I'm looking forward to that too........it's always good to catch up with family .
I'll post some layouts when I get them done. Get that...I said when...I'm trying to be positive. Hehe. I have stuff to get done too, but I need to scrap...I've been running around getting stuff for me and dh and doing all this stuff, but not really doing anything for me or taking me time. Not to mention that cricut is begging me to use it. Friday will be run around and get stuff that needs to be bought day (I totally forgot to buy his ties today while I was at kohls...was so mad at myself b/c now I have to go back. I was really frustrated b/c they didn't have any bras in my size...my chest is to small haha At least I can laugh about it right?) My shoes came today for the formal and semi formal night on the cruise so thats a load off the mind. I need to go buy travel size stuff like tooth paste and what not...like you...the essentials. I must admit that I'm glad we don't have children to have to get ready too...that would only add to my stress so kudos to you! Dh wanted to start packing monday night (as in two days ago) I was like no...I hate packing when I don't have the bulk of my stuff ready to pack...b/c then you just have to repack it and re-situate it anyways. No thanks...I do enough around here...I'm not making more packing mess for myself. Thats cool that you get to have dinner with family...I so miss mine! Today was my dads birthday. I text messaged him happy birthday b/c I didn't know if he was at work or not. I'm glad we're going home after our trip to see them!
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Girldreamer02 is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #58
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,974

I got four pages scrapped today!!! And I also caught up on the laundry and have the apartment all tidied up! That will come in handy on monday when I go to clean the apartment because everything will already be picked up from me keeping up so I'll be able to go through and straight dust, sweep etc etc! If I let it go and didn't clean before vacation...it'd be horrendous when we got home...this way it won't be horrible. I have ocd tendencies. So yea, I got four pages scrapped today and that took me about two hours...two layouts. I think they are pretty freakin' cute! I didn't take pictures yet b/c I was going to go back up there after dinner, but then my mom called and was telling me my great grandpa is in hospice and they found a tumor on his bowel so he is probably going to pass here soon. Although she said that there isn't going to be a wake or anything because he is going to be cremated (if thats how you spell it? ) I'm sad that I can't go home, but the last time I saw him, which I believe was in sept...I had made peace with the fact that it might be the last time I saw him since I live so far away and all that. I am to the point where I just want him to be in peace now b/c of all the things my mom was saying about he just wanted to go and all that. On a happy note we have 7 days!!!! Are you getting pumped up? Dh actually designed shirts himself so hopefully we'll make them this weekend! Well he designed the designs. I think he borrowed bits and pieces from dis signs. Tomorrow the packing begins! I am going to make my run to target to get travel size stuff and sun screen and all that. Tanning to of course! You haven't been on a lot...I've missed ya! I know your busy...just wanted to tell ya
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*

Last edited by Girldreamer02; 01-15-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typo
Girldreamer02 is offline  
Old 01-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #59
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.
 
Disneyfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 600 Miles North of the Magic
Posts: 1,304

I can't remember if I'm on board or not..but I am now. You two are so adorable and I can't wait to read your trip report. Looks like you've got it all planned out.
__________________
1980 (first trip)--Polynesian

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Disneyfan71 is offline  
Old 01-16-2009, 07:28 AM   #60
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
I got four pages scrapped today!!! And I also caught up on the laundry and have the apartment all tidied up! That will come in handy on monday when I go to clean the apartment because everything will already be picked up from me keeping up so I'll be able to go through and straight dust, sweep etc etc! If I let it go and didn't clean before vacation...it'd be horrendous when we got home...this way it won't be horrible. I have ocd tendencies. So yea, I got four pages scrapped today and that took me about two hours...two layouts. I think they are pretty freakin' cute! I didn't take pictures yet b/c I was going to go back up there after dinner, but then my mom called and was telling me my great grandpa is in hospice and they found a tumor on his bowel so he is probably going to pass here soon. Although she said that there isn't going to be a wake or anything because he is going to be cremated (if thats how you spell it? ) I'm sad that I can't go home, but the last time I saw him, which I believe was in sept...I had made peace with the fact that it might be the last time I saw him since I live so far away and all that. I am to the point where I just want him to be in peace now b/c of all the things my mom was saying about he just wanted to go and all that. On a happy note we have 7 days!!!! Are you getting pumped up? Dh actually designed shirts himself so hopefully we'll make them this weekend! Well he designed the designs. I think he borrowed bits and pieces from dis signs. Tomorrow the packing begins! I am going to make my run to target to get travel size stuff and sun screen and all that. Tanning to of course! You haven't been on a lot...I've missed ya! I know your busy...just wanted to tell ya
I've missed talk to you too . The girls both have colds, and Addy has been really grumpy, so I haven't been getting much done. Since DH runs his own business, we're having to get all the tax stuff done before we leave too because we won't have time once we get back. It's been pretty crazy trying to get things ready.

I'm so sorry to hear about your great grandpa. It's always hard when they've been sick for extended periods of time and you're far away. I'm glad you were able to make peace with it when you saw him last.

Yesterday, we ran to Walmart and picked up travel sizes of stuff and the rest of the transfers I need for our t-shirts. I'm going to try to get some done today, but I also have to get my license renewed (since my birthday is on Sunday), and then this evening we have a girl scout meeting about cookie sales. Whatever I don't get done today will have to get finished up tomorrow.

I tried to get on last night, but my computer kept giving me and error........I wonder if they were updating the site or something .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
I can't remember if I'm on board or not..but I am now. You two are so adorable and I can't wait to read your trip report. Looks like you've got it all planned out.
Hi ! It's always nice to have more readers..........glad you're on board. I definitely have it all planned......that's one of the most interesting parts for me. Hopefully it will work the way I have it planned out. Right now I'm just trying not to worry about the weather too much because we've got snow on the ground here, and I don't want any problems at the airport .
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.