Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #31
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
Aww don't make the sad face...you haven't even gotten to disney left. I hate the day before the last day though when you come back to your room and there are magical express tags on your door telling you when you have to leave the next day. Well you guys won't have those since your taking the limo, but we always take magical express and i always dread that darn tag! At least this time when I see it I can think to myself, hey tomorrow you are getting on the disney magic so cheer up! Very uneventful day here at work...I have only been her a few hours and I am about to leave. Dh thought he needed me for more, but turns out he didn't so I am going to leave here in a few and hopefully go get my tan on and then go home and get on the treadmill and hoping to do a mile again today. We'll see what happens...i'm feeling awfully sleepy. Hope your morning went more smoothly today and that you got some sleep!
I did have a much better morning today. Addy and I took a friend of mine to lunch that's having issues with her significant other. She needed someone to talk to, and it gets me out of the house so the day goes quicker.

Did you go tanning? I probably should because I am about as white as they come, but I burn very easily too, so I'm afraid to try a tanning booth.
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
Old 01-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #32
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

sci-fi is good as long as you stick to the basics: burgers, fries and shakes. we ate there last trip (for the 2nd time) and i got a burger with mushrooms, onions and swiss cheese and it was GOOD!!!! and both ray and i had a shake called marsha's martian (it has alcohol in it) and it was one of the best shakes i've ever had!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #33
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

WOW! Three pages in already. I just caught up. When you do the Buy 4 get 3 deal does it pay for three days of dining too? That would be cool. Make sure you use up every credit! If you end up with extras use them for room service. That takes 2 credits but it's better than wasting the credits on a counter service. (Plus room service gratuities are included in the plan)

I love the pop up book. GREAT idea! The girls will LOVE that! Try to go right when they open. Heather got in fast that way.

Love your planner books too. I do those myself. I started doing them for each trip since 2006. It's a great keepsake.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #34
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom1980 View Post
I did have a much better morning today. Addy and I took a friend of mine to lunch that's having issues with her significant other. She needed someone to talk to, and it gets me out of the house so the day goes quicker.

Did you go tanning? I probably should because I am about as white as they come, but I burn very easily too, so I'm afraid to try a tanning booth.
Its always good when you can get out of the house or the apartment in my case. I didn't go tanning actually because I forgot I had to take perla home from work because Matt wasn't coming home right after work he had to go to the chiropractor, but hopefully I can go today. I worked in a salon for almost five years, but I didn't tan a lot of that...it seems like I do it more now that I don't work there, which dosen't say much b/c I don't go religiously. Basically whenever I feel like I need a little boost. As long as I have a bit of color i'm happy. I'm not one of those people that go so much they look like a leather hand bag, but I really don't want to be burning in the bahamas on the cruise so I need to be going more than I usually would. If you tanned slowly you'd be okay I'm sure. I used to have people come in and start them out at as little as 3 minutes in a 20 min bed. I'm not saying you have to...I am normally very white too...disney isn't as bad b/c your in and out of buildings, but i was tan when we went on the cruise in july and I still burnt a little so thats why I'm doing it. I didn't do the treadmill yesterday either I was so tired for some reason...so I went to bed at nine...didn't fall asleep until about 11 and got up at 9:15 this morning. So I'm a lot less tired today. Yay!

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 01-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #35
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
sci-fi is good as long as you stick to the basics: burgers, fries and shakes. we ate there last trip (for the 2nd time) and i got a burger with mushrooms, onions and swiss cheese and it was GOOD!!!! and both ray and i had a shake called marsha's martian (it has alcohol in it) and it was one of the best shakes i've ever had!
I had read that in several other posts as well, so that's pretty much what I was planning on. I like burgers, so it doesn't bother me any. Plus, the spinach dip they have as an appetizer looks really good (I love that stuff). I have looked at the menu, and several of the alcoholic milkshakes look pretty yummy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
WOW! Three pages in already. I just caught up. When you do the Buy 4 get 3 deal does it pay for three days of dining too? That would be cool. Make sure you use up every credit! If you end up with extras use them for room service. That takes 2 credits but it's better than wasting the credits on a counter service. (Plus room service gratuities are included in the plan)

I love the pop up book. GREAT idea! The girls will LOVE that! Try to go right when they open. Heather got in fast that way.

Love your planner books too. I do those myself. I started doing them for each trip since 2006. It's a great keepsake.
The deal didn't cover the dining. Just the hotel and the tickets. However, it was enough for us to keep the deluxe dining plan while moving from Pop to the Contemporary and not really spend any more money. We were really excited because we didn't think we'd be able to afford a deluxe resort. Plus, it will be great to be that close to the Magic Kingdom.

I think that pop up book is so cute! Both of the girls love pop up books, we have several at home, so I'm hoping it will be a hit. We have a prior to park opening ADR at Crystal Palace, so maybe we'll be able to finish up and get over to Toontown right away.

Honestly, I love the planning part. It's fun for me. I've gotten so many ideas from the DISboards, and I know our trips are better because of it.

Quote:
Its always good when you can get out of the house or the apartment in my case. I didn't go tanning actually because I forgot I had to take perla home from work because Matt wasn't coming home right after work he had to go to the chiropractor, but hopefully I can go today. I worked in a salon for almost five years, but I didn't tan a lot of that...it seems like I do it more now that I don't work there, which dosen't say much b/c I don't go religiously. Basically whenever I feel like I need a little boost. As long as I have a bit of color i'm happy. I'm not one of those people that go so much they look like a leather hand bag, but I really don't want to be burning in the bahamas on the cruise so I need to be going more than I usually would. If you tanned slowly you'd be okay I'm sure. I used to have people come in and start them out at as little as 3 minutes in a 20 min bed. I'm not saying you have to...I am normally very white too...disney isn't as bad b/c your in and out of buildings, but i was tan when we went on the cruise in july and I still burnt a little so thats why I'm doing it. I didn't do the treadmill yesterday either I was so tired for some reason...so I went to bed at nine...didn't fall asleep until about 11 and got up at 9:15 this morning. So I'm a lot less tired today. Yay!
If we ever make it on a cruise, which I hope we do sometime, I'll definitely try to do a little tanning first. It's a bit embarrassing to go out in the summer as pale as I am. Last year, even over the entire summer, and we went swimming a lot, I barely even got a tan line from my swimsuit.

Today I'm going to take the girls to go walking with a friend. It's nice because we get to visit too, and sometimes we don't get to see each other a whole lot because she's often busy with her boyfriend.

I was ridiculously tired all day today because Addy decided to get up at 5:45, and I hadn't slept well anyway. I told DH he better be ready to help with the girls this weekend because when I'm by myself with them all week like this, I get a little crazy and nned a break .
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
Old 01-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #36
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Less than two weeks left, and it just can't go fast enough for me. DH finally got home at about 3 am last night after being gone the whole week, so that always helps. Hopefully this weekend I'll figure out exactly how I'm going to do the transfers for each of the shirts. The shirts are washed and ready to go, so I just have to get the transfers printed and ironed on. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

Has anyone been to any of the pin events? We're just getting into the pins, but they're having an event at the Contemporary while we're there, and we thought it might be fun to check it out.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #37
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

I hope you are getting your break this weekend and that you get to relax a bit. I slept horribly last night, but still got up a little early today. So kudos to me. I slept for two hours then was awake for almost three and finally fell back asleep. Ugg. Was it you that told me you were going to go see Marley and Me? I read a blog too where the girl was talking about going to the movies so I can't remember if its you. Sorry! Have a good one!

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
Old 01-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #38
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you are getting your break this weekend and that you get to relax a bit. I slept horribly last night, but still got up a little early today. So kudos to me. I slept for two hours then was awake for almost three and finally fell back asleep. Ugg. Was it you that told me you were going to go see Marley and Me? I read a blog too where the girl was talking about going to the movies so I can't remember if its you. Sorry! Have a good one!
I just got done posting on your report........DH was snoring last night, and I didn't get much sleep either .

I am going to see Marley and Me with a friend today. It's supposed to be pretty good, and it's not very often that I get to go out all by myself to do something with a friend.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #39
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just got done posting on your report........DH was snoring last night, and I didn't get much sleep either .

I am going to see Marley and Me with a friend today. It's supposed to be pretty good, and it's not very often that I get to go out all by myself to do something with a friend.
I miss my friends I hope you have fun! I just got that book while I was home so hopefully I'll read it soon. I have a container full of books...I am addicted to books...I go to the book store and read the backs and if I think it sounds good then I buy it. So I have others ahead of Marley and Me. Right now I am reading True Believer by Nicholas Sparks. I love Nicholas sparks! I've been reading this book for about a month though...usually I read his faster, but I have been so busy and the print is small and I never wear my bifocals like I am suppose to so its taking a while to read haha. Let me know how you like the movie though...I want to see it, but was afraid they'd ruin it b/c usually the movie isn't as good as the book.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #40
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I miss my friends I hope you have fun! I just got that book while I was home so hopefully I'll read it soon. I have a container full of books...I am addicted to books...I go to the book store and read the backs and if I think it sounds good then I buy it. So I have others ahead of Marley and Me. Right now I am reading True Believer by Nicholas Sparks. I love Nicholas sparks! I've been reading this book for about a month though...usually I read his faster, but I have been so busy and the print is small and I never wear my bifocals like I am suppose to so its taking a while to read haha. Let me know how you like the movie though...I want to see it, but was afraid they'd ruin it b/c usually the movie isn't as good as the book.
I love Nicholas Sparks too. I've read several of his books. I really enjoy reading, but since Addy was born, I don't have a lot of time anymore. I did make it through all four of the Twilight books in one week, but that's just because I couldn't put them down . I haven't read the book for Marley and Me, but I might have to get a hold of it. I usually try to read the book before the movie too, but then I make DH crazy because I sit there at the movie, and I'm like, "That wasn't in the book", or "They left so much out!" It makes him a little crazy .
Old 01-11-2009, 12:38 AM   #41
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

I can't remember where I asked you so I'm asking again b/c I am to lazy to look...sad yes, but I am tired. Lol. Who did you get your dis signs from? Thanks! Hope you had a good saturday!

Old 01-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #42
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Well, we had a pretty uneventful weekend here, but it was actually pretty nice. Saturday I went to a movie with a friend, a GREAT movie, and then we went out to dinner with some other friends and their little boy. We took all the kids along, so that wasn't a very peaceful dinner, but it was still fun.

Today the girls and I went to my friend's son's first birthday party. The girls had a ball playing with all the other kids, and I got to visit with my friend. It was also gorgeous here today, about 60 degrees, so that was nice too.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get started on our shirts for the trip. I'll post pics when I do
Old 01-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #43
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, we had a pretty uneventful weekend here, but it was actually pretty nice. Saturday I went to a movie with a friend, a GREAT movie, and then we went out to dinner with some other friends and their little boy. We took all the kids along, so that wasn't a very peaceful dinner, but it was still fun.

Today the girls and I went to my friend's son's first birthday party. The girls had a ball playing with all the other kids, and I got to visit with my friend. It was also gorgeous here today, about 60 degrees, so that was nice too.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get started on our shirts for the trip. I'll post pics when I do
Aww i'm glad you liked the movie...now I have to read the book so I can go see it. Hehe. Sounds like you had a nice weekend! It wasn't even 60 here so I am a little jealous...the rain yesterday kept temps low...I should be lucky though that its rain and not snow. My dad was texting with me today and told me that they got ten inches and it was snowing again. I'll keep my fingers crossed and you do the same for warm days at disney for our trips! I can't wait to see your shirts the last ones were so adorable!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #44
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Ok, I finally got started on my shirts today. With only a week before we leave, I figured I better get moving. I used light t-shirt transfers this time around instead of dark transfers like last time. Let me tell you, the dark transfers were much easier to work with. As you can see on Adam's stick family shirt, there were some problems.

These are the ones that Anna picked out for us. She told us that we HAD to have something with Beauty and the Beast on it because that's her favorite.

I have two more transfers left from the first package, so I'm going to get them printed tonight and try to get another set of t-shirts done tomorrow. Then, I'm going to have to run to Walmart and get another set of transfers. I'm trying to figure out if they're going to be light t-shirt ones or dark ones.

I also started packing........just barely though. I'm working on our carry on bag. We're not completely comfortable with airlines, and we always have a fear in the back of our minds that they'll lose our luggage. So, we like to have a couple of days worth of clothes in our carry on.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #45
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

love the shirts! you're lucky - i could never get ray to wear anything disney except for the star wars shirt i bought him (he wore that our DHS day this past trip so you will see it). and he even likes going to disney world!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: