Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #16
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,975

Awww I love that addy is a mommy's girl. Its adorable. Its not the same, but perla won't stop bugging me when I am trying to clean so Matt took her to work. I'll be walking through the apartment and she'll be attacking my leg all the way. So she went to work with him today...plus she loves to be at work anyways since thats where she lived for a few months. She has to get boarded when we go to disney...she'll hate us Don't worry...one day I'll finally have a baby and then I won't be getting as much done either. Hehe. I don't think he has any ressies as suprises so i'm sure he'll email them to me. He has already told me verbally what we have, but I can't remember b/c I was only half paying attention. We hardly did any shopping on black friday so don't feel bad. We went to two stores and he went to michaels before I was even awake. I miss hobby lobby there is one by my parents house in ohio. All I have here is a.c. moore and michaels. Oh I found three pins I think anna might like. I have a cinderella wearing a blue dress holding flowers, a sunflower with tink next to it and some kind of sparkly fairy one...I'm not sure who she is, but i'll show them to you and if you think anna would like them your more than welcome to them b/c I have around 100 traders not counting those so I don't mind one bit. Well the only football I like is ohio state, but this is a very boring game b/c I'm not huge into football in the first place especially if nothing good is happening. Its only 6-3 ....boring! Hehe. Matt is going to make the lines for the calendar...I am hoping it turns out good tomorrow when I do it. Your a super planner...lean mean planning machine hehe. I love it! I like to plan too. I told Matt I want to make shirts this year...we talked about it last yr and for the disneymoon and never did. I need to find someone who does cute dis signs and print those babies out! Who do you use? Or do you just go with whomever?
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Girldreamer02 is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Saturday, Jan. 24--Epcot
Once again, we have an early breakfast reservation so that we can get into the park before opening. We're planning on spending the whole day there, and doing counter service somewhere in the World Showcase for lunch. I'm also hoping to catch Illuminations since we didn't get to see it last time. The one thing that is an absolute must do here, at least for DH, is Mission Space, mostly because we didn't get to ride it last time. He's really excited about it, but I'm mostly just nervous. Admittedly, I'm also looking forward to having some drinks here, especially one of the slushes in France.

*8:30-Breakfast at Askershus
*Counterservice somewhere for lunch........I'm thinking maybe Morrocco
*7:00-Dinner at Teppan--I'm really looking forward to this because I've never eaten any place like this before. As I said, we're not very adventurous eaters, but I've looked at quite a bit of food porn from here, and it looks really good. Hopefully DH will think so too .
*9:00-Illuminations

Sunday, Jan. 25--Free Day
We're planning on sleeping in this day, so no breakfast reservation. It's pretty much our day to do whatever we want. We do have a lunch ADR, but that's it. I think we'll probably go to Downtown Disney today or try to pic up some other things that we didn't get done. It's also evening EMH at Hollywood Studios, and I think it would be fun to ride the Tower of Terror in the Dark, so we might head over there later in the evening.

*11:30 Le Cellier--DH and I both tried the Cheese soup during the Food and Wine festival, and we loved it. So, this is the only other ADR DH actually requested. I'm going to be my picky eater self here and will probably have to order all sauces and everything on the side, but I'm still looking forward to it.
*Probably Downtown Disney in the afternoon
*Possibly evening EMH at Hollywood Studio
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #18
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!
 
punkin413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: georgia, but i haven't seen a peach tree yet
Posts: 9,478

take some non-drowsy dramamine about an hour before you guys plan to ride mission space. i did and it didn't bother me at all. you can get it at any drug store. just be sure to get the non-drowsy kind, especially if you'll be drinking around the world at all that day!

the fish and chips at the england CS are good too! just so ya know.

we loved teppan edo - you will too i'm sure! that's coming up very soon in my TR.

oh, and riding ToT at night is awesome!
punkin413 is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #19
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
Awww I love that addy is a mommy's girl. Its adorable. Its not the same, but perla won't stop bugging me when I am trying to clean so Matt took her to work. I'll be walking through the apartment and she'll be attacking my leg all the way. So she went to work with him today...plus she loves to be at work anyways since thats where she lived for a few months. She has to get boarded when we go to disney...she'll hate us Don't worry...one day I'll finally have a baby and then I won't be getting as much done either. Hehe. I don't think he has any ressies as suprises so i'm sure he'll email them to me. He has already told me verbally what we have, but I can't remember b/c I was only half paying attention. We hardly did any shopping on black friday so don't feel bad. We went to two stores and he went to michaels before I was even awake. I miss hobby lobby there is one by my parents house in ohio. All I have here is a.c. moore and michaels. Oh I found three pins I think anna might like. I have a cinderella wearing a blue dress holding flowers, a sunflower with tink next to it and some kind of sparkly fairy one...I'm not sure who she is, but i'll show them to you and if you think anna would like them your more than welcome to them b/c I have around 100 traders not counting those so I don't mind one bit. Well the only football I like is ohio state, but this is a very boring game b/c I'm not huge into football in the first place especially if nothing good is happening. Its only 6-3 ....boring! Hehe. Matt is going to make the lines for the calendar...I am hoping it turns out good tomorrow when I do it. Your a super planner...lean mean planning machine hehe. I love it! I like to plan too. I told Matt I want to make shirts this year...we talked about it last yr and for the disneymoon and never did. I need to find someone who does cute dis signs and print those babies out! Who do you use? Or do you just go with whomever?
I worry about our doggy while we're gone too, but he'll stay with my mom along with the girls, so he'll be ok. She says that we have shared custody anyway . Honestly, I had kitties the whole time I was growing up, and I miss them. DH is allergic, but I keep telling him that someday we're going to have them anyway.

I'm sure Anna will be thrilled with any pins you'd like to share with her.......that's so sweet. We'll have to get a picture of you with the pins so she knows they're from you. We'll have to see what the ADRs look like and where you're going to be when. We're actually trying to be more flexible this trip so that we just enjoy ourselves. Also, we have park hoppers (do you?), so we can jump around if need be.

Honestly, the only time that I've enjoyed football is when my nephew played in high school. His senior year, he was homecoming king, and they won the state championship. Watching him, and knowing how excited he was about it made it more fun for me. We even had a sweatshirt made for Anna with his picture on it......we got tons of comments on it.

I've used several different people for DISigns, but some of my favorite are everydaymathchick, kellybell, and donatalie. What I usually do is just go to the DISign thread and look for what I want.......there are stick families, names, specific characters, etc and then post on their thread asking for whatever personalization I want. I'll post some of the ones we're using this trip once I get the whole itinerary up. My personal favorite is the stick families (like the ones we wore on our very first day on the October trip).
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #20
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
take some non-drowsy dramamine about an hour before you guys plan to ride mission space. i did and it didn't bother me at all. you can get it at any drug store. just be sure to get the non-drowsy kind, especially if you'll be drinking around the world at all that day!

the fish and chips at the england CS are good too! just so ya know.

we loved teppan edo - you will too i'm sure! that's coming up very soon in my TR.

oh, and riding ToT at night is awesome!
I'll have to pick up some dramamine and try that.......honestly, it's the only ride that really worries me that way. Tower of Terror gets to me everytime to, but I've done it before, so I know what to expect. We really loved Splash Mountain in the dark, and I couldn't believe the difference it made. I always tell DH that I will ride ToT once each trip with him (because it freaks me out), but he said that if I want to ride it in the dark, I'll have to ride it twice this trip .

I may make DH order something different than me for lunch at WS so that we can try several things.....I'll have to keep the fish and chips in mind.
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #21
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,975

Yes, we have park hoppers of course! I don't understand not having them because it opens you up so much more if plans fall through or a park is to busy or any of that. Not to mention I've never had it any other way so I'd probably hate it. lol. I'm not big on change, which is kind of funny to me since I move about every six months. I'm getting better at it though. Mother in law jokes and says it means I'm growing up lol
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Girldreamer02 is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #22
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
Yes, we have park hoppers of course! I don't understand not having them because it opens you up so much more if plans fall through or a park is to busy or any of that. Not to mention I've never had it any other way so I'd probably hate it. lol. I'm not big on change, which is kind of funny to me since I move about every six months. I'm getting better at it though. Mother in law jokes and says it means I'm growing up lol
Honestly, I can't imagine not having hoppers either, even though we really didn't hop much last time. Especially considering that you might just not want to spend you entire day in one place, or you might want to eat somewhere besides the park you've been at.

I can't imagine moving that often.......the farthest I've ever moved from home was about 3 hours from here when I was accepted to graduate school. However, we weren't there for very long because that's when we found out that we were getting Anna, and we decided it would be better to be close to family, especially since we didn't know anyone there, and DH was gone A LOT then for work. Much more than he is now. Aside from that, even for college, I've lived in pretty much a 15 mile vicinity of the house I grew up in.
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #23
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,975

I don't mind the traveling in the aspect that we get to see and do a lot of fun things, but I do miss family and friends of course! Leaving my wiener dog Zoey always tears a hole in my heart to because she really knows how to lay the guilt on ya. I'm all excited tonight b/c we've been looking at pins and I've been chatting back and fourth with you all day. Getting pretty hyped up for the trip! Oh another thing I forgot to write on your trippie was I loved the princess minnie anna had...I have her too! Hehe. I love minnie and the princesses so that was pretty much a no brainer. I was just telling Matt I am going to try to take pictures of our pin boards tomorrow and our traders for the trip so I can start a pre tr. We'll see if this happens...I have a lot of talk and little action sometimes, but I think I will just because I won't be working much so I need to do something to make time pass. I know we are doing breakfast at CP and dinner at CRT. Those are the only two I can remember off hand. Living in Va isn't bad...it has its perks...like it was 60 today so I had the windows open to air out the apartment...it was pretty stale from us being away for the few weeks. Also a nice change from the freezing weather we had at home. Sorry I'm totally blowing up your pre trippie. Hehe.
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Girldreamer02 is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #24
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
I don't mind the traveling in the aspect that we get to see and do a lot of fun things, but I do miss family and friends of course! Leaving my wiener dog Zoey always tears a hole in my heart to because she really knows how to lay the guilt on ya. I'm all excited tonight b/c we've been looking at pins and I've been chatting back and fourth with you all day. Getting pretty hyped up for the trip! Oh another thing I forgot to write on your trippie was I loved the princess minnie anna had...I have her too! Hehe. I love minnie and the princesses so that was pretty much a no brainer. I was just telling Matt I am going to try to take pictures of our pin boards tomorrow and our traders for the trip so I can start a pre tr. We'll see if this happens...I have a lot of talk and little action sometimes, but I think I will just because I won't be working much so I need to do something to make time pass. I know we are doing breakfast at CP and dinner at CRT. Those are the only two I can remember off hand. Living in Va isn't bad...it has its perks...like it was 60 today so I had the windows open to air out the apartment...it was pretty stale from us being away for the few weeks. Also a nice change from the freezing weather we had at home. Sorry I'm totally blowing up your pre trippie. Hehe.
Don't apologize, I'm enjoying it . It's making me really excited too! Anna is princess crazy, so that Minnie was pretty much a given for her too. Maybe tomorrow I'll take a picture of the girls' room for you.......it's princess crazy......even the crib bedding is Disney princess. It's about as girly as you can get.

I'm jealous of the 60 degree weather.......it was 40 here today, but with the wind chill, it was probably closer to 20. I'm not a big fan of the cold or the wind, which is not good for someone who has lived their entire life in Kansas. I would rather deal with the humidity that we had in Disney than the cold that we get all too often here. DH tries every year to get me to help him and Anna make a snowman, but he's yet to actually get me to do it.
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #25
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Well, I think I'm going to head off to bed.........more coming up tomorrow
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #26
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,975

I decided to put my words into action and actually start my pre trippie...here ya go.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2049807
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Girldreamer02 is offline  
Old 01-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #27
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
I decided to put my words into action and actually start my pre trippie...here ya go.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2049807
I'm headed over there now.........we had a kind of rough morning here, so I'm just checking in.
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #28
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Just wanted to check in this evening.......I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight and maybe actually get a decent's night sleep. Anna had dance class this evening, so I'm afraid I didn't get anything post today. I'll try to get the rest of our itinerary posted tomorrow.
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #29
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,086

Lets see if we can get the itinerary finished up. Today is exactly two weeks from our arrival date, and I can't wait .

Monday, Jan. 26--DHS
This is our Hollywood Studios day. Fantasmic was only scheduled for two days during our trip, and I wanted to make sure that we see it. Hopefully nothing will happen with the weather because I really love that show.

*11:00-Sci Fi Drive In Lunch--Although I know the reviews aren't great here, I still think the atmosphere looks fun, and we're ok as long as the have a decent burger.
*4:00-Brown Derby Fantasmic Package Dinner--This was the only place that had reservations left for the Fantasmic Package. Although it's not really a place that I was really interested in, I still figured that it was best to have the special seating for Fantasmic.
*7:00 Fantasmic

Tuesday, Jan. 27--Probably Magic Kingdom
This is our last full day, and we'll probably spend most of it at the Magic Kingdom. Since this is our last full day, we might have to do some park hopping if there's anything that we've missed.

*8:00-Breakfast at Chef Mickey's--We had dinner here on our last trip, and I enjoyed it. Since we're staying at the Contemporary, it would make for a nice breakfast that wouldn't really require us to get up very early.
*1:00-Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern--DH is a HUGE fan of mozzarella sticks, and I've seen several pictures of the fried cheese here. Although I wasn't really sure about having three ADRs in one day, I figured this would be better than having to wait in a ridiculously long line to get counter service for lunch.
*7:10-California Grill dinner--We tried to do this last time, but we ended up cancelling it, so I wanted to make sure that we get to do it this time. I scheduled the reservation so that we'll be able to watch Wishes at 8:00.

Wednesday, Jan. 28
This is our departure day, so we haven't scheduled anything early because we knew we'd be trying to get everything together so that we could check out on time.

*10:40-Breakfast at Ohana--We loved this last time, and Stitch is DH's favorite, so we figured it would be a nice way to end our trip.
*Aside from that, I'm not sure what else we'll be doing. Our limo is scheduled to pick us up at 2:30 to take us back to the airport .
__________________
Me (34) DH (33)
(11) and (6)
1988-Off Property, 1999-Dixie Landings
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
disneymom1980 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #30
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran
 
Girldreamer02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,975

Aww don't make the sad face...you haven't even gotten to disney left. I hate the day before the last day though when you come back to your room and there are magical express tags on your door telling you when you have to leave the next day. Well you guys won't have those since your taking the limo, but we always take magical express and i always dread that darn tag! At least this time when I see it I can think to myself, hey tomorrow you are getting on the disney magic so cheer up! Very uneventful day here at work...I have only been her a few hours and I am about to leave. Dh thought he needed me for more, but turns out he didn't so I am going to leave here in a few and hopefully go get my tan on and then go home and get on the treadmill and hoping to do a mile again today. We'll see what happens...i'm feeling awfully sleepy. Hope your morning went more smoothly today and that you got some sleep!
__________________

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Girldreamer02 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.