Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Disney Dreamer Jen
Earning My Ears

What was your truly "Magical" moment at Disney???

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to start this thread in the DTR section because I feel that Everyone at somepoint during their Disney Vacation has a truly Magical moment, and I'd like to hear yours!!!!
I'll start off by sharing "MMM" ( My magical Moment)
First, a little background:
I've been a Mickey Mouse fan for as long as I can remeber. I've always dreamed of meeting him but no plans were ever put into place. My DH and I were thinking of having our Honeymoon at WDW. My Mother knew I loved Mickey and Disney very much. She always bought me a toy or scrapbook items and so many things that were Disney. She was diaignosed with Cancer in 2002 and passed away two weeks before I was to get married . Needless to say, we cancelled the wedding. Then two years later, my DH and I talk about what to do about having a wedding, and I said I wanted my dream to come true and that would be to go to Disney and meet Mickey. So we did!! Along with SIX members of our famliy, we went to Tampa and got married. Then we were off to DISNEY!!!!
It was very emotional for me to go through with the wedding, but I knew Mom was there with me. I felt her in my heart.
Fast forward to first day of Disney trip:
We are in the line in the Judge's tent to finally meet Mickey Mouse and I am totally freaking out. We get sent into the next room (Me, DH, SIL and BIL). Then I see him!!!! We get to talking with a CM and there is a couple of people behind us. The CM say's : I'll tell you what, Mickey Mouse needs a little break after this group. You let the couple behind you go ahead of you and you can have as much time with Mickey as you want!!". My mouth just dropped. So, the people behind us went ahead and got their pics taken and then it was our turn. The CM told Mickey that I have been waiting to meet him my whole life and that I just had gotten Married two days prior. Mickey (as usual) was so exicted. I cried. They laughed at me. We honesly had a "photoshoot" with him. Mickey got DH to get down on one knee and act as though he was proposing to me and Mickey got behind and posed for a picture. We must have been there for at least 10 minutes, just taking pictures and doing different poses. It was AMAZING!!
When we left. I saw my MIL ( my real life ) and I started to cry. I told her what happened and she said "You know what?? That was truly magical and your Mother had something to do with it". We both cried and hugged, right there in front of Mickey's house. I feel a little silly but to me, My Mom was there and helped to make that dream really come true for me.

And that is MMM.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear your MM's real soon!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
The Master

In 1998 when DD was 5 and having been persuaded by DW to go to DLRP...and wondering why the hell I'd let myself be swayed to go to some 2 bit theme park....

....and within half an hour of arriving loved the place and have been a Disney convert ever since.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
Disney Dreamer Jen
Earning My Ears

thanks for posting, I was thinking my thread was lost!!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Give them a minute......they are still crying
Old 03-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
phill525
Earning My Ears

What a nice thread to start

My MM was similar. My mom died in 2004 after a long 6 1/2 year fight with breast cancer. We had talked about going to Disney with her and my kids for several years but she was too sick to enjoy it. After she died in Jan. 2004, I decided to surprise the kids with a trip. We were already heading down to Florida. We actually landed in Ft. Lauderdale and rented a car. As we were driving to Orlando, we stopped at a rest stop. Funny thing was that there was a statue of Walt and Mikey just as we entered. I had bought some Mikey dollars for my kids. I put together a special package for each and gave them to the kids after we sat down. I was already crying and had to have my husband take the pics. They were almost as excited as I was!! I still remember walking in to MK that first day and seeing Cinderella's castle. The weather was perfect and has been all the times we have been there. I am sure my mom is watching over us!!!!

Pam
Jackson, MI

1976 first trip to WDW (I was 12) 2004. 2005. 2006-POR 2009- POP 2010- First trip with the Marching Mounties (DS's high school band)
Old 03-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
Disney Dreamer Jen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by phill525 View Post
What a nice thread to start

My MM was similar. My mom died in 2004 after a long 6 1/2 year fight with breast cancer. We had talked about going to Disney with her and my kids for several years but she was too sick to enjoy it. After she died in Jan. 2004, I decided to surprise the kids with a trip. We were already heading down to Florida. We actually landed in Ft. Lauderdale and rented a car. As we were driving to Orlando, we stopped at a rest stop. Funny thing was that there was a statue of Walt and Mikey just as we entered. I had bought some Mikey dollars for my kids. I put together a special package for each and gave them to the kids after we sat down. I was already crying and had to have my husband take the pics. They were almost as excited as I was!! I still remember walking in to MK that first day and seeing Cinderella's castle. The weather was perfect and has been all the times we have been there. I am sure my mom is watching over us!!!!

Thanks for sharing. have fun on your next trip which I see is tomorrow!! I'm there in two weeks!!

Heere's to hoping we have many more magical memories

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: