Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #1396
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
wendy...Have a wonderful time. Please report back.

I already had my trip but am just checking in with all you lucky dogs that are going soon.

Fun news though, we are planning our trip for next year...probably end of January at the treehouses. So I am really interested how the crowds and weather are for the guys travelling into next week.

Have a magical time!
love the PIXIE DUSTING..... they look so cute!!!

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #1397
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

it was fun...everyone in the park was teasing my hubby (in a good way).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #1398
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm now about 90% packed (I think!). I was a crazy packing lady this morning. I had 3 suitcases on my bed and clothes strewn about everywhere. DH packed last night, except toiletries of course. He only took up 1/2 of our largest suitcase. So as to not go over the 50 lb. limit, I packed DD's stuff with his. Then, I got a whole suitcase to myself! Let's just say that I'm way overpacked. Once DD goes to bed tonight, I will relook at my clothing choices. I don't really want to take stuff out, but I will if I have to. I roll everything when we have to pack a lot of stuff. You can fit a whole lot more! I have a post-it note on my mirror reminding me of stuff that has to get packed in the morning. 24 hours from now, we'll have landed at MCO!!! Oh my goodness! It just doesn't seem real!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #1399
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Well, I'm now about 90% packed (I think!). I was a crazy packing lady this morning. I had 3 suitcases on my bed and clothes strewn about everywhere. DH packed last night, except toiletries of course. He only took up 1/2 of our largest suitcase. So as to not go over the 50 lb. limit, I packed DD's stuff with his. Then, I got a whole suitcase to myself! Let's just say that I'm way overpacked. Once DD goes to bed tonight, I will relook at my clothing choices. I don't really want to take stuff out, but I will if I have to. I roll everything when we have to pack a lot of stuff. You can fit a whole lot more! I have a post-it note on my mirror reminding me of stuff that has to get packed in the morning. 24 hours from now, we'll have landed at MCO!!! Oh my goodness! It just doesn't seem real!
That's the way I pack too! Everything gets rolled. Socks get shoved in the extra tennis shoes on the bottom of the bag...anything to save room! I also over pack. I like having options! We had a washer/dryer in our room, so I didn't pack a lot of extra for socks/undies but t-shirts...I had at least one for every day.
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #1400
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
That's the way I pack too! Everything gets rolled. Socks get shoved in the extra tennis shoes on the bottom of the bag...anything to save room! I also over pack. I like having options! We had a washer/dryer in our room, so I didn't pack a lot of extra for socks/undies but t-shirts...I had at least one for every day.
We will have a washer and dryer as well, but I like options. Besides, you need a different shirt for each day. Who wants to be wearing the same thing at both MK and then AK? I'm thinking about pictures and my DH totally wasn't last night. He said he didn't care, but I totally do. I'm over it though and it's not going to bother me. For all you Snowbirds heading down this weekend, my DH will be wearing Buffalo t-shirts pretty much all week. That's what he wanted to pack I guess. Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres t-shirts. We'll be showing our Buffalo pride!! Anyways....I think I packed enough shirts for 2 weeks. Ooops! Like I said, options.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #1401
star2500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
We will have a washer and dryer as well, but I like options. Besides, you need a different shirt for each day. Who wants to be wearing the same thing at both MK and then AK? I'm thinking about pictures and my DH totally wasn't last night. He said he didn't care, but I totally do. I'm over it though and it's not going to bother me. For all you Snowbirds heading down this weekend, my DH will be wearing Buffalo t-shirts pretty much all week. That's what he wanted to pack I guess. Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres t-shirts. We'll be showing our Buffalo pride!! Anyways....I think I packed enough shirts for 2 weeks. Ooops! Like I said, options.

lol....I was just going over my own clothes...remind you I have a 14 DS, 11 DD, 3 DS, DH, and (my mom who I take care of...she isn't coming but I have to get her ready to stay with sis). So needless to say...kid's stuff is all perfect, variety of shirts...mickey pjs for the little one, well you get the point. My clothes....jean capri's, 6 tank shirts in black or brown, 2 hoodie zip ups, 3 sweater zip ups, and a fleece disney jacket LOL. I think this is the only time ever I packed this light. I refuse to do what we did last time. We were there for 2 weeks in august. When we got to the airport going there....I was way over in weight on 3 of our luggages The guy said well you can pay for overage or you can buy this light weight huge duffel bag and take stuff out and put it in there. LMAO So here I am on the floor in philly airport pulling MY clothes out of my luggage...shoving them in another....undies are flying out...well you get the picture lol.

I also figure I'd be buying some shirts there and sweatshirts...we always do then have way way too much coming home. I hope I'm right lol
star2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #1402
star2500
Mouseketeer

Ok I think I need to be comitted lol...I was packing and a thought crossed my mind...bounceback offer while we are there I am not even there yet and I am thinking about that. Anyhows...anyone there recently and if they received one what was the offer and dates? We are limited now due to my son being in high school.

Ok...well if anyone is as crazy as me....and knows anything....I'd be happy to know lol
Old 01-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #1403
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Someone posted about bounceback a couple pages ago - I can't remember the dates. Was it Sarbah77?

I've already been thinking about it too!! We are hoping to use a bounceback cruise offer in November or December, so it would be AMAZING if I could use both and hit the parks when they are decorated!
Forever planning....LOL!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #1404
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2500 View Post
I'm debating that myself. We are about 45 minutes from Philly airport...probably a little less. That's if there is no traffic. Our flight is 6:30 pm Mon. night....so technically should be there by 4:30. So should leave at 3:45. The only thing is that if we leave at 3:45....we hit rush hour traffic right out of the city. Then I never flew out at the end of a business day....thinking airport will be crowded that time with business travelers. So debating on giving myself an extra hour? 2:30....gosh that will be 4 hours before lol. But like someone else said....I rather be sitting there relaxed reading a book...then stressing and rushing trying to get through philly security (awful...Newark is so much better) with 3 kids, husband, stroller, everyone's carry ons....portable dvd player lol...

I think 2:30 it is.
Where is Pa. do you live, it must be close to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
wendy...Have a wonderful time. Please report back.

I already had my trip but am just checking in with all you lucky dogs that are going soon.

Fun news though, we are planning our trip for next year...probably end of January at the treehouses. So I am really interested how the crowds and weather are for the guys travelling into next week.

Have a magical time!
Did you see the treehouses? I like them too. But I have been hearing they are only going to be DVC. The sleep nine, but they sure dont look like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Someone posted about bounceback a couple pages ago - I can't remember the dates. Was it Sarbah77?

I've already been thinking about it too!! We are hoping to use a bounceback cruise offer in November or December, so it would be AMAZING if I could use both and hit the parks when they are decorated!
Forever planning....LOL!
I have the bounce back! I am going to scan it and upload it for everyone.
pamouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #1405
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Bounce Back Offer Left In Our Room At POFQ

pamouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #1406
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

pamouselover...I havent' actually seen them yet. Just a layout. We have 5 adults and 3 kids coming.
We do own DVC...I am planning to put
me and hubby in Master Bed
Bil/Sil in 2nd room
my 2 girls and niece in 3rd br
MIL will sleep on the pullout (prob with the kids actually,she'll prefer it)
Old 01-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #1407
star2500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
Where is Pa. do you live, it must be close to me!

We are in Newtown (bucks county)

I have the bounce back! I am going to scan it and upload it for everyone.
Thanks for scanning it....don't think those dates will work for us...lol...funny a little relieved so I can concentrate on this vacation at least til I get home.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #1408
star2500
Mouseketeer

Had to post this from another poster on the boards....

expected occupany for the week of January 25th through January 31st

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ok my aunt works in Disney and i was on the phone with her last night and she was telling me that she had some good news for my upcoming trip. we are leaving tonight and getting to her house tomorrow and then we are starting our Disney stay on the 25th. So she said that she found out that the expected occupany level for next week is going to be 26%!!! she said overall is has been a ghost town down there and there will be some pick up in the crowds next weekend and the following week but this upcoming week is supossed to be around 26%!!! so i think all of us that are going to down there next week will be quite happy with the crowds!!!"

If this is true...which I have a feeling it is due to the amount of rooms available and they just extended the Buy Four Get Three offer til end of March....I think it's going to be just us taking over the parks lol....

Fingers crossed!
Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #1409
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2500 View Post
Had to post this from another poster on the boards....

expected occupany for the week of January 25th through January 31st

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ok my aunt works in Disney and i was on the phone with her last night and she was telling me that she had some good news for my upcoming trip. we are leaving tonight and getting to her house tomorrow and then we are starting our Disney stay on the 25th. So she said that she found out that the expected occupany level for next week is going to be 26%!!! she said overall is has been a ghost town down there and there will be some pick up in the crowds next weekend and the following week but this upcoming week is supossed to be around 26%!!! so i think all of us that are going to down there next week will be quite happy with the crowds!!!"

If this is true...which I have a feeling it is due to the amount of rooms available and they just extended the Buy Four Get Three offer til end of March....I think it's going to be just us taking over the parks lol....

Fingers crossed!
Well, I'm sure not going to complain about poor Disney not being busy!! With this and the weather forecast, this could be the best Disney trip EVER!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #1410
star2500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Well, I'm sure not going to complain about poor Disney not being busy!! With this and the weather forecast, this could be the best Disney trip EVER!
Ditto that!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: