Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #1351
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Woohoo, I've started my dining reviews!!

If you feel like popping over and reading about our Disney dining adventures, follow the link below in my signature - hopefully it works!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
AussieAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #1352
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Any chance any of you leaving within the next few days wants to stick me in your luggage?!?!?!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #1353
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
Any chance any of you leaving within the next few days wants to stick me in your luggage?!?!?!
Sure - maybe I can have DH swing by and pick you up!! It's generally on the way!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #1354
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Sure - maybe I can have DH swing by and pick you up!! It's generally on the way!
Haha! GREAT!!!!!! I'd be a great asset to have along. I can drive(perfect driving record after 8 yrs.), plus I babysit all the time, so you and hubby could have some time to yourselves and I'd just play in the parks with the kids!

However I think my boss would be a little ticked at me if I called and told him I needed more time off!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #1355
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Just got home from hair appt and MIL's with a full belly and fresh vaca highlites ! Hubby just told me he cancelled his client tomorrow so that will free up lots of time tomorrow to finish things up...NOT so stressed now! Andy just got home so he's going to start working on the tshirts! It will all get done, and if not, we'll be in Disney and you're right-WHO CARES!! You should come to our CBR meet on Saturday!
I don't even know where CBR is, but thanks for the invite! We're off-property and we're eating at T-Rex on Saturday evening. I can't wait! I just love DTD!

Well, DH just finished up the majority of his packing, if you can call it that. 4 shirts? Honestly?? His response, "We have a washer and dryer." So, I guess he wants to be wearing the same outfit on different days in pictures. I just gave up. I still have TONS of packing to do tomorrow and I'm so excited!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #1356
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Hi Snowbirds!!!

I'm home! DH and I had a fabulous adventure to the USA! We went to New York, Miami, Key West, and then of course... Disney World!!

We were in Disney for 12 nights and had a very fun, busy, crazy time, filled with lots of laughter, food and great times.

There were some not so great times too - mostly involving feeling full all the time (thanks, Deluxe Dining!), Brazilian tour groups, and worrying about our sick cat at home. I think she's okay now though!

We arrived home yesterday after being in transit for about 30 hours. Waaaah! I'm busy unpacking, washing clothes, and playing with my cat - but at the same time, loading our photos on PhotoBucket so I can start my dining report. Hopefully later today - I'll post the link when it's started!!

Lots of catching up to do on the DIS!!
Yay, you're back home...or, should I say, boo, you're back home....

I'm saving TRs for when I get back....something to look forward to when I have to come home

Funny, too - I had recorded all these WDW Travel Channel specials - I had seen most of them once but wanted to watch them again to build up my anticipation right before leaving - ha, didn't need it...so now I can watch them when I get home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I don't even know where CBR is, but thanks for the invite! We're off-property and we're eating at T-Rex on Saturday evening. I can't wait! I just love DTD!

Well, DH just finished up the majority of his packing, if you can call it that. 4 shirts? Honestly?? His response, "We have a washer and dryer." So, I guess he wants to be wearing the same outfit on different days in pictures. I just gave up. I still have TONS of packing to do tomorrow and I'm so excited!
Yeah, I know what you mean -- the guys on my trip are talking about just taking carry-ons while I'm worried about my luggage being too heavy. Although my luggage includes food for breakfasts, coffee [I heard WDW doesn't have good coffee], popcorn, etc....

And I LEAVE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I'll log in tomorrow morning so I should say good night and good bye .... I'll see y'all on the flip side.

And I want to see this guy one more time before I go --

Old 01-23-2009, 03:35 AM   #1357
tkme4ard
Merry Christmas!

it's 4 a.m. and I'm up stressing about our trip! It's STILL a surprise! We have just over 24 hours to go till the big reveal. We're all packed though and ready to go
Old 01-23-2009, 06:17 AM   #1358
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Just got this new email offer.....

FREE $500 DISNEY
GIFT CARD*
when you purchase this 5-Night/6-Day vacation package that includes room and Theme Park tickets.

$ 594 per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort. For stays most Sun.–Thurs. nights 3/1/09–4/16/09.
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. One Park per day. Tickets must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Offer is nontransferable.

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:18 AM   #1359
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #1360
MakinMagicforBunky
Mouseketeer

Happy dancing in MD today, were at less than 72 hours until takeoff!!! I feel just like a kid! And is it crazy that we're not even there yet, but I'm already thinking about the NEXT trip??
MakinMagicforBunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #1361
star2500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinMagicforBunky View Post
Happy dancing in MD today, were at less than 72 hours until takeoff!!! I feel just like a kid! And is it crazy that we're not even there yet, but I'm already thinking about the NEXT trip??

LOL....well include me in as crazy....dancing in PA here....72 hours too!!!! One good thing is the weather is suppose to be beautiful....70's!!!! I was stressing that we would get delayed in our Philly airport cause of snow...but that looks good too!!! Now to just keep everyone well....everyone here is sneezing stuffy noses....just hoping that it's now and within 72 hours everyone gets better. Was going to send my daughter to school Monday morning for 3 hours but decided not to....thought if anyone was sick over the weekend with the stomach bug....our luck...she'd get it. I know it sounds paranoid and what's going to happen will...but still....talk about being crazy! LOL
star2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:14 AM   #1362
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

In 24 hours, I will be on my plane!!!! I can't wait!!!! I'm just about ready to burst and I have NO idea how I'm supposed to sleep tonight. I'm really looking forward to today though. I enjoy packing and getting everything organized. Our suitcases don't fit under the bed, so I had to stash them in my not-so-big closet. At least tonight, we can put them in our office after our DD goes to bed. Thank goodness I don't have to work or anything today. I'd be way too distracted!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #1363
star2500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
In 24 hours, I will be on my plane!!!! I can't wait!!!! I'm just about ready to burst and I have NO idea how I'm supposed to sleep tonight. I'm really looking forward to today though. I enjoy packing and getting everything organized. Our suitcases don't fit under the bed, so I had to stash them in my not-so-big closet. At least tonight, we can put them in our office after our DD goes to bed. Thank goodness I don't have to work or anything today. I'd be way too distracted!
You are going to have a great time. I haven't post too much but I've been reading along...and I know the feeling of surprising the kids. In 2005, we didn't tell our kids, 3 of them well one was a 9 month old lol..but the two older ones thought we were going to our yearly trip to the Jersey shore. I didn't sleep all night and couldn't wait. I woke them up with the video camera...they both slept in our bed so I could catch them together when we woke them at 4 am lol. We woke the and I handed them a gift box each with disney money, ears, etc. They were like what? They were so disoriented lol. After we told them we are going to Disney!....My son who isn't good with change lol...said "we aren't going to the shore?" LMAO....talk about a moment of disappointment for me with reaction. But it was very short lived about a minute lol. It really didn't hit them til we were in the limo going to the airport...and they kept saying this is really happening. They were absolutely thrilled....and still talk about it to this day. They even said this time...we kind of wish you wouldn't have told us this time either lol.

Anyhow...have a wonderful trip....enjoy and just a word of advice. Being the planners we are...don't let things disappoint you if something didn't turn out exactly how you though there. Take a breather and enjoy your time there. Nothing beats the children's reactions when they first walk down main street and see the castle.
star2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #1364
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

For those of us leaving over the next few days, just thought I'd post the weather from accuweather.com one more time:

Saturday, Jan 24
High: 73 °F RealFeelŪ: 73 °F
Sun and clouds; nice in the afternoon
Low: 51 °F RealFeelŪ: 51 °F
Partly cloudy

Sunday, Jan 25
High: 73 °F RealFeelŪ: 76 °F
Partly sunny
Sunday Night, Jan 25
Low: 54 °F RealFeelŪ: 50 °F
Mainly clear

Monday, Jan 26
High: 75 °F RealFeelŪ: 74 °F
Partly sunny and pleasant
Low: 56 °F RealFeelŪ: 53 °F
Clear

Tuesday, Jan 27
High: 75 °F RealFeelŪ: 75 °F
Partly sunny and delightful <-----This makes me happy!!
Low: 59 °F RealFeelŪ: 56 °F
Clear

Wednesday, Jan 28
High: 79 °F RealFeelŪ: 78 °F
Partly sunny and warm
Low: 60 °F RealFeelŪ: 56 °F
Clear and mild

Thursday, Jan 29
High: 77 °F RealFeelŪ: 75 °F
Sunshine
Thursday Night, Jan 29
Low: 59 °F RealFeelŪ: 57 °F
Clear to partly cloudy

Friday, Jan 30
High: 75 °F RealFeelŪ: 75 °F
A passing shower in the morning; otherwise, partly sunny
Friday Night, Jan 30
Low: 43 °F RealFeelŪ: 35 °F
Partly cloudy

Saturday, Jan 31
High: 65 °F RealFeelŪ: 59 °F
Cooler with plenty of sunshine
Saturday Night, Jan 31
Low: 52 °F RealFeelŪ: 51 °F
Clear

Sunday, Feb 1
High: 71 °F RealFeelŪ: 67 °F
Mostly sunny
Sunday Night, Feb 1
Low: 53 °F RealFeelŪ: 52 °F
Partly cloudy with a couple of showers; not as cool late

Ahhhhh, is all I have to say. Today it's supposed to hit 35 degrees. That's the warmest it's been all week! This weekend, highs in the teens. Yuck! Glad to be getting out of here!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 AM   #1365
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2500 View Post
You are going to have a great time. I haven't post too much but I've been reading along...and I know the feeling of surprising the kids. In 2005, we didn't tell our kids, 3 of them well one was a 9 month old lol..but the two older ones thought we were going to our yearly trip to the Jersey shore. I didn't sleep all night and couldn't wait. I woke them up with the video camera...they both slept in our bed so I could catch them together when we woke them at 4 am lol. We woke the and I handed them a gift box each with disney money, ears, etc. They were like what? They were so disoriented lol. After we told them we are going to Disney!....My son who isn't good with change lol...said "we aren't going to the shore?" LMAO....talk about a moment of disappointment for me with reaction. But it was very short lived about a minute lol. It really didn't hit them til we were in the limo going to the airport...and they kept saying this is really happening. They were absolutely thrilled....and still talk about it to this day. They even said this time...we kind of wish you wouldn't have told us this time either lol.

Anyhow...have a wonderful trip....enjoy and just a word of advice. Being the planners we are...don't let things disappoint you if something didn't turn out exactly how you though there. Take a breather and enjoy your time there. Nothing beats the children's reactions when they first walk down main street and see the castle.
Thanks for the advice! I keep telling my DH to make sure I'm relaxed next week. I don't want to let things get to me. We're going to have a wonderful time!!! By the way, I see in your siggie that you've stayed at the Grande Vista. Isn't it wonderful? We stayed there on our last trip in 2006 and loved it. This time, we couldn't get in for the week we wanted, so we'll be at Horizons by Marriott. We stayed at Cypress Harbour in 2002 and they were building Horizons!!! I can't wait to see this resort!

Completed Trip Reports

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: