Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #3631
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
I would love to see a picture of it...hilarious it was a carry on!
So, keep in mind that my husband is the one holding it and he's about 6 feet tall.

(Also keep in mind it was the last day of our vacation and our suitcases were stuffed full, which may have had more to do with the carry on-ness of it!)

Heehee. So we bought another one this past January. I wonder if the DH is going to want one, after this September's trip?

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:38 AM   #3632
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

That's huge and looks super yummy even at 7:30 in the morning. Where do you get them?

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #3633
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's huge and looks super yummy even at 7:30 in the morning. Where do you get them?
You can get them at the Main Street Candy store. They won't ship them back to your room, because they're a "melting" risk (except it was about 55 when we were there in January), so you just have to remember to pick one up on your way out the door!

They really are yummy. You can get some without the chocolate, ones with only the ears in chocolate and on and on. I think it really is our favorite treat/souvenier!

Old 07-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #3634
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

letthewookieine~ Those are soooo cute!!! Your boys look so much alike!!!!! Cutie pies!! I noticed on our last trip that Lilo & Stitch interacted with my boys the best. The oldest is 13, so he's at that stage where he isn't sure if he wants to do the picture thing or not. We saw them at O'Hana and it was hysterical!! Also, I never realized how short Stitch is!!!!! He is tiny!!!

Sarah~ That is something we gotta have!! For a family of 5 that's the perfect treat!!!!I don't know how I missed that over there last time. We milled around in there forever!

Your story of the boy scout thing reminded me of something. On one of my trips with my family growing up, we were there in the summer. You know how dang crowded that is....well, we look up and my mom goes"DEBBI!!!" It was a family I babysat for!! We came from a very small town and I babysat a lot, but I worked for this family all the time. Anyway, there they were--and not really seeming surprised to just run into us amid a million people! I couldn't believe it! What are the odds? Ha!!!!

congrats on the christmas shopping!!!! I actually got my younger two to strart a list while we were at TRU last week. I did a Christmas shopping thread last year....do ya'll want me to go ahead and start another one? It was pretty fun!!!! Kinda gave me some ideas I hadn't thought of before!!! I can't remember when I started it...I think Sept? I just know it was going when we evacuated....I think!!HA!!! I need to check and see, that's gonna drive me crazy!!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #3635
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awww...Mindy whatever we can do to help pass the time!!! Guitar Hero now that I would love to see LOL!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
We got Guitar Hero for Andy for Father's Day. I hate it when he plays because the music goes up too loud and he's on it when I think he should be doing other things, but I'll sometimes sneak in a song or two whenever no one is around!!

PS Follow us to the Jan. 2010 thread...most of us are there, plus some newbies!! Best of luck with the turkey!
Watching me play Guitar Hero is really funny, actually. We found it on sale for $28 and couldn't pass it up. DH wasn't so sure that he would like it but we both have trouble putting it down. I have a hard time positioning it around my ginormous belly but once I find the right spot . . . watch out! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post
So, keep in mind that my husband is the one holding it and he's about 6 feet tall.

(Also keep in mind it was the last day of our vacation and our suitcases were stuffed full, which may have had more to do with the carry on-ness of it!)

Heehee. So we bought another one this past January. I wonder if the DH is going to want one, after this September's trip?

Seriously . . . . this is a pregnant woman's dream!! Is that a rice krispie treat? My husband was down in Orlando a few weeks back on business. I begged him to run to Disney and bring back some Mickey heads for me. He never got there, unfortunately, as his airplane needed some maintenance. Hopefully he will be back soon and can indulge me.

Loving the memories so far! It really makes me feel happy, especially the last two days, as I've been kind of down.

I'll share one of mine. My DS was just barely 40 in for our trip this past January. He is a dare devil and loves rides. We were preparing to get in line for Tower of Terror when we spotted a huge tour group headed for the line. I was moving as fast as possible to meet up with DH and DS to get in line before this flag-toting group got there. (I was coming back from getting our TSM FastPasses). I just barely beat them and we headed for the measuring stick. We knew we'd be clear since DS had ridden no problem the day before, but he had to stand up and be measured anyway. As proud as he could be, he stood in front of the stick and Cast Member gave his thumbs up. Just then, the huge tour group behind us erupted in applause for DS. It was really quite sweet . . . some of them came up and congratulated him on being big enough.

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, GF!!

Last edited by MindyLuvsMickey; 07-02-2009 at 10:35 AM.
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #3636
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I shared this over on the budget board but had to share it with my Snowbird buddies too

I have off this week and snuck over to the outlets in Lancaster PA and scored BIG!!!! I got a big jump on the Christmas shopping for my kids. (Is it too early to start a Christmas shopping thread yet Shelly!)

Kid's T shirts were $2.99 each, long sleeve pj's were $5.99 plus an additional 40% off, toys on clearance plus an additional 40%. I scored a Toy Story hoodie for $4.99 plus 40% off for my son.

When all was said and done I spent $96 and got:
10 t shirts for the kiddos
2 Buzz Lightyear Laser toys
1 Toy Story sweatshirt
6 pairs of pj's
a Playhouse Disney Minnie toy vacuum
a Playhouse Disney toy cash register
2 oversized coloring books with crayons
a mug for myself.
and a partridge in a pear tree.

I was grinning from mouse ear to mouse ear when I walked out of there!

I took pics of all of it but I'm thinking of doing a PTR as it gets closer and I'll wait to post them in there.
Wow great bargains!!

And it's never too early to start a thread or list!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #3637
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

I am SOOOO getting one of those giant rice crispy treats next trip! I think I'll like mine without the chocolate...ooooh bright idea...I'm making rice crispy treats today with my kids!!! And I'll use the Mickey cookie cutter we got on our last trip to make our own Mickey ones...just not as big and without the view of that gorgeous castle!

Mindy want me to mail you some?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post

I did a Christmas shopping thread last year....do ya'll want me to go ahead and start another one? It was pretty fun!!!! Kinda gave me some ideas I hadn't thought of before!!! I can't remember when I started it...I think Sept? I just know it was going when we evacuated....I think!!HA!!! I need to check and see, that's gonna drive me crazy!!!!
Shawna I'm so sorry I forgot it was you that started the Christmas shopping thread! For some reason I thought it was Shelly- perhaps it's that both your names begin with Sh that confused me or perhaps it's because your screen names are so similar. Get it started girl! We're all shopping and need to get organized!

Old 07-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #3638
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
Seriously . . . . this is a pregnant woman's dream!! Is that a rice krispie treat? My husband was down in Orlando a few weeks back on business. I begged him to run to Disney and bring back some Mickey heads for me. He never got there, unfortunately, as his airplane needed some maintenance. Hopefully he will be back soon and can indulge me.
It is a rice krispie treat! Giant Huge Tasty rice krispie treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]Sarah~ That is something we gotta have!! For a family of 5 that's the perfect treat!!!!I don't know how I missed that over there last time. We milled around in there forever!
They keep them behind the register. I'm not sure how or why we found it the first time - except that it's chocolate and sweets and I have a radar for that like you wouldn't believe!

Quote:
Your story of the boy scout thing reminded me of something. On one of my trips with my family growing up, we were there in the summer. You know how dang crowded that is....well, we look up and my mom goes"DEBBI!!!" It was a family I babysat for!! We came from a very small town and I babysat a lot, but I worked for this family all the time. Anyway, there they were--and not really seeming surprised to just run into us amid a million people! I couldn't believe it! What are the odds? Ha!!!!
Well, in the end, we counted FOURTEEN people we knew that week at the parks. It helped that MA had a spring break that was different from the rest of the nation, so it was a quiet/off-peak time of year. We ran into my gym teacher in Epcot, by the bridge between France and the UK. We ran into my brother's classmate and family... somewhere else.

Quote:
I am SOOOO getting one of those giant rice crispy treats next trip! I think I'll like mine without the chocolate...ooooh bright idea...I'm making rice crispy treats today with my kids!!! And I'll use the Mickey cookie cutter we got on our last trip to make our own Mickey ones...just not as big and without the view of that gorgeous castle!
Well, hooray! I'm glad to be both a bad influence and the helper for good ideas!

Yesterday was a TERRIBLE knee day. I had my first physical therapy appointment and it wasn't bad. I've been limping since March so I have a lot of work to do, to get my leg working properly. One of the exercises my PT had me do almost immediately recalled my pre-surgery knee pain. I could have cried. It's no sure thing (thank goodness!) but it leads me to think that I'm going to need the more major surgery this fall. :-/ And then my knee hurt the rest of the day, as if to mock me.

I'm hoping today is better. I've done my PT exercises and I'm now on my back with my knee elevated! Hopefully this will help keep me pain/swelling free!

Old 07-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #3639
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good idea!!
I love the stories too and I'm not on bedrest (thankfully - esp. since I'm not pregnant)! But I am clockwatching at work with no real work to do until 1 p.m. when I have a meeting and then court. It's been a long morning - thank you for helping me pass time too!

Christmas shopping? My kids are going to WDW and a cruise. That's what they're getting! Well maybe they'll get something from Santa too.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #3640
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post
Yesterday was a TERRIBLE knee day. I had my first physical therapy appointment and it wasn't bad. I've been limping since March so I have a lot of work to do, to get my leg working properly. One of the exercises my PT had me do almost immediately recalled my pre-surgery knee pain. I could have cried. It's no sure thing (thank goodness!) but it leads me to think that I'm going to need the more major surgery this fall. :-/ And then my knee hurt the rest of the day, as if to mock me.

I'm hoping today is better. I've done my PT exercises and I'm now on my back with my knee elevated! Hopefully this will help keep me pain/swelling free!
I'm sorry you're in pain! I have heard that some PT can be painful (more than the injury), but it is good in the long run. Let's hope that's true for you!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #3641
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Okay, so who wants to take over the January 2010 thread???

I am about 90% sure we are going to take advantage of the free dining PIN and go in mid November.

So who wants the responsibility? I have to leave it in good hands! Drakes, Soleil, Kim, Jenny? Anyone want to be the new Mama Snowbird?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #3642
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Anyone?
Old 07-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #3643
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Mindy want me to mail you some?
LOL You're so funny! Ironically enough, my husband make some last night,so I've gorged myself. They don't taste as good because they aren't Mickey shaped

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, GF!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #3644
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Okay, so who wants to take over the January 2010 thread???

I am about 90% sure we are going to take advantage of the free dining PIN and go in mid November.

So who wants the responsibility? I have to leave it in good hands! Drakes, Soleil, Kim, Jenny? Anyone want to be the new Mama Snowbird?
Well, I don't think Mama Snowbird can ever be replaced but I'll help out and be your substitute if no one else wants to. Perhaps an "Auntie Snowbird" to watch the kids while Mama Snowbird is away.

I can't blame you for taking the free dining offer...we would too if DH had more vacation time to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindyLuvsMickey View Post
LOL You're so funny! Ironically enough, my husband make some last night,so I've gorged myself. They don't taste as good because they aren't Mickey shaped
Whew good thing because the kids and I pigged out and they are gone already. DH won't ever know they ever existed.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #3645
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

I'll be Auntie Snowbird!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
BellaSoleil is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: