Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #2251
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Hello Snowbirds!

I'm still here...was gone for a few days, to San Antonio to see my dad, who had heart bypass surgery (on Valentine's Day, of all days! ). He's recovering well, although he has a ways to go still.

Amanda--hugs and prayers to your family.

Thanks to everyone sharing pictures. I can't seem to get motivated to organize mine at all. I have done a little reading up on Disneyland Paris, though...but I doubt we'll get there before next year. We are making progress toward the move to Belgium this summer, though, so we are at least getting closer to DLP!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #2252
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hello all!! My computer totally died last week. Something in the mother board went out(says Geek Squad) with a minimum of $400 repairs!!!! So....my sweet little hubby bought me a new laptop!!!!!!!! I am lovin' this mobility! I have been busy with the kids school, and baseball and all that stuff, so I havent been able to be over here in a while!!! We are having some really dreary and cooler weather this week. Just wanted to check in with my snowfriends and say hello!!!! Anybody got concrete plans for next year yet?

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #2253
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hello Snowbirds!

I was just posting my Spectro pics on my TR today, so I thought I'd post them here too~

Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #2254
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post

Anybody got concrete plans for next year yet?
I'm working on it! Looking at Jan 30 - Feb 7. . . .

How about you?
Old 03-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #2255
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Concrete? No.

Plans that have only been mentioned in passing to my DH? YES!

I'm really hoping (and secretly saving) to go again the same time next year with Belle in tow. She was be 2 1/2, so I think it will be fine. We will stay at POP instead of a Deluxe, though. No biggie! So long as we actually get to go.

Shelly- Are you planning on suprising the boys again next year?

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
BellaSoleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #2256
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
Concrete? No.

I'm really hoping (and secretly saving) to go again the same time next year with Belle in tow. She was be 2 1/2, so I think it will be fine. We will stay at POP instead of a Deluxe, though. No biggie! So long as we actually get to go.

That sounds like a good plan Soleil! Does your DH know?

I doubt I could pull off another surprise like that! Although they said that they liked it that way - not having to count down for months and months before the trip. I figured they would miss that.

Plus I think now they know better and would know if I said that we weren't going for a few years that it would be a big fat lie! They know there's no way I could go that long!!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #2257
CrystalCastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Anybody got concrete plans for next year yet?
I'm planning to go back next Jan for the marathon again. I can't wait!!!
CrystalCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #2258
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCastle View Post
I'm planning to go back next Jan for the marathon again. I can't wait!!!
That's great, congrats!!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #2259
drakes
DIS Veteran

We'd like to go the end of Jan early Feb next year!
As some may know I ws looking for a mommy daughter trip in August.Actaully booked it and cancelled. With the economy, you never know what may happen and I chickened out worried about $, weather and crowds. Going back again would be so much less of a commando trip, we've tried all we want and perhaps can take our time? or am i fooling myself

Love the Spectro pictures Shelley! mine didn't turn out so well (were those with your little pink point n shoot?)

I am actually listening to Spectro right now! how fitting! I think I might cry! I almost teared up with Big Blue World from Nemo ( that just ended)!

Disney on Ice in a week! So I'll have a small Disney fill!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #2260
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post
Which Disney on Ice are you seeing? We just saw 100 Years of Magic and Shelly saw a different one...Disneyland Something. Fun!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
trixiequilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #2261
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post
We'd like to go the end of Jan early Feb next year!
As some may know I ws looking for a mommy daughter trip in August.Actaully booked it and cancelled. With the economy, you never know what may happen and I chickened out worried about $, weather and crowds. Going back again would be so much less of a commando trip, we've tried all we want and perhaps can take our time? or am i fooling myself

Love the Spectro pictures Shelley! mine didn't turn out so well (were those with your little pink point n shoot?)

I am actually listening to Spectro right now! how fitting! I think I might cry! I almost teared up with Big Blue World from Nemo ( that just ended)!

We were thinking about a short August trip too, but then decided to just forget it and plan for a longer trip next year - maybe 9 days!!

Yep, those Spectro pics were taken with my Sony Cyber-shot!

We saw Disney On Ice last Friday - Disneyland Adventures. It was pretty good. I posted pics a few pages ago.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #2262
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Shelly we were thinking about those same dates in January! Although if they're still doing the birthday promo, hubby's bday is the 27th, so it would be almost silly NOT to be there on that date to get the extra merchandise voucher! So we'll see. I think my boys will get jealous that daddy always gets Disney for his bday and they don't, but they have July and August bdays and that's just SO HOT!!! I wouldn't mind doing the August (his bday is the 30th) since the crowds are lighter and they usually offer free dining, but OH, the heat...

And how have I gone all of these trips without seeing SpectroMagic??

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #2263
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I would like to go the same time next year too-end of Jan into Feb, before the rate change. Does anyone know if they have the dates for marathon weekend yet? Shelly, your pictures are really good--thanks for posting them.

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:37 AM   #2264
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
Concrete? No.

My plans sound the same as yours! I'm secretly planning a trip in my head for next winter too. dh doesn't know about it and he just rolled his eyes at me when I brought it up. I'll be lucky if I can talk him into the following winter. I have my ways though... (insert evil stepmother laugh here)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Shelly we were thinking about those same dates in January! Although if they're still doing the birthday promo, hubby's bday is the 27th, so it would be almost silly NOT to be there on that date to get the extra merchandise voucher! So we'll see. I think my boys will get jealous that daddy always gets Disney for his bday and they don't, but they have July and August bdays and that's just SO HOT!!! I wouldn't mind doing the August (his bday is the 30th) since the crowds are lighter and they usually offer free dining, but OH, the heat...

And how have I gone all of these trips without seeing SpectroMagic??
I just finally saw Spectro and Wishes for the first time this past trip. I've yet to see Fantasmic.

Not to be a glass half empty kinda person but what did you NOT get to see or do this trip that you had wanted to?

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #2265
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

I will be going in May (see PTR) and then again in October.. my DSis and her DH just booked OKW and invited us down to stay with them.... I am thinking it will be a short trip though... Sunday thru Thursday.... as I don't want to be there for their whole vacation.... they are there for 9 days... then they are going again next April... trying to get a treehouse villa...

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: