Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #1621
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Ooooo....I forgot to mention the whole button thing. On Wed, our DD went to the Barber Shop for her 1st hair cut. We got the colored gel, pixie dust, the whole deal. Right before Wishes, we went shopping at the Emporium. While checking out, the CM asked my DD what she was celebrating. We told her that she got her 1st haircut. Well, she pulled out an "I'm Celebrating" button and our DD wore it the rest of the trip. Those buttons sure get you noticed! Every CM we saw on Thurs asked what she was celebrating. It was so cute!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #1622
MelXThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I totally forgot to share something with all of you. At AK on Tuesday, our family received a small magic moment. We were at an ice cream cart by EE and the CM said we would get free ice cream if our DD could identify the animal in the picture he had. Well, she didn't know it, but he had her repeat after him (it was an impala). So, we all got free ice cream! We thanked him a million times and he told us he had been waiting all day to give a family a magic moment! I know it was nothing big, but it totally made our day. Who knew that a Mickey bar, Mickey ice cream sandwich and frozen banana could have such an impact on our day? It was so great!!!
That's so funny! We were at the same ice cream cart and my DH went up and was talking to the lady. He told her the ice cream was for our twins and she gave it to him for free too!

WDW: Jan 2009 @ CBR & Jan 2010 @ SSR

DLR: Oct 2010, Sept 2001, June 1998 & lots as a kid!
MelXThree is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #1623
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I so need to win the lottery or come into some money. I need to go back to WDW!!!! I started pricing things out on the website today. I know, I'm nuts! I just can't help it. I'm addicted.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #1624
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I so need to win the lottery or come into some money. I need to go back to WDW!!!! I started pricing things out on the website today. I know, I'm nuts! I just can't help it. I'm addicted.
I'm already wondering what deals they will be offering next year!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #1625
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

My trip report is so lacking due to school but hopefully I'll catch up enough to continue it

DF and I have decided to do a Disney wedding in December of 2010 I'm not planning yet, but we all know I want to.

Jan 2009: Pop Engagement Celebration
May 2010: CBR Wedding Trip
September 2011: A POPtastic Anniversary Pre-Trip Report Trip Report
January 2013: A Winter Getaway PreTrip Report Trip Report
He says no, but I'll find a way to go! ~ A December PTR in the making
DisneyLifer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #1626
star2500
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone...

We got back late last night after our week at the Contemporary

We left last Monday evening after my son got home from school. I was so worried about snow delaying our flight (was good with that by a day, had 6 inches the next morning!). I was also worried about one of the kids coming down with a stomach bug or something. Everything was going smoothly....all ready to go...my son comes home and ran into the bathroom and throws up I couldn't believe it! I tried my best to stay calm. We had some time and he went right into his bed and didn't want to move. Then he started to get upset about not being able to make it on the plane.... He's a nervous guy to begin with...so I knew also he was worrying more then he had to. So I grabbed a bunch of garbage bags and dragged his butt out of bed and told him...you can be getting sick here....or in Florida....at this point what is the difference. Our friend drove us to the airport and the minute we pulled up we had round two in the car!

We get through security and he says he is starving.....he wanted a grilled cheese. Got that for him and he was fine after that So as a mom would do, I started to count the days that my other two would start with something. But I let it go and tried to just convince myself it would all be fine and we would have a great time.

We boarded the plane (Southwest) and there were only 20 people on the plane It was terrific! We all had our own rows spread out. ME was great also...a bus was there when we arrived at the desk got right on and only had one other drop off and we were at the Contemporary.

We had a Magic Kingdom view room. We were on the 6th floor in the dead center of the building. It was very nice. The view was great. I'm glad I did it...would I pick a MK view room again? No, unless I got a deal like I did this time. We are hardly in the room and I felt it would be a waste for us. We never got back to see fireworks from it...we always got in after them. Don't get me wrong it was really great seeing the castle and all from our room but it's something that I can take or leave at this time.

Crowds/Weather:

Tuesday MK was wonderful! We had breakfast at CRT before opening so when we were done they had just dropped the rope. We hit Peter Pan and all the rides there within the first hour and then hit Space Mt. and the rest in that area with no to a 5 minute wait! That's basically how the rest of our day went too! The most we ever waited was 15 minutes the max. We worked the fast passes too ....it was really great. The kids rode Space Mt. literally 5 times in a row that night! The weather was wonderful high 80.

Wed. MGM was great too! Same thing minimal waits...and if there was one we never saw one more than 20 minutes other than Toy Story...that got to 30 minutes for the times we were near it. But again between low wait times and the fast passes we did everything in one day! Weather was great again! It was my little ones birthday and I had ordered from the Disney Florist the Birthday Celebration package. They came in and decorated the room and left 5 huge gift boxes scattered around one from each of the characters (Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Donald)...each one had special gifts to him from each character...Minnie made him a chocolate birhday candy cake...tinker bell was sparkling in the corner of the room...pixie dust on the beds...he was in shock lol. Goofy left a card with a number to call and he sang happy birthday to him. They did a nice job. Had to see me taking apart the boxes and trying to pack them 1 am the night before we left so I could take it all home and set it up for his birthday party at home....LOL. I think I'm really crazy at times!

Thurs. MGM was crowded. Alot of the tour groups....I saw one of the tour guides get over 100 fast passes to Toy Story at 9:05 am! lol It was a bit crazy that day...but not unbearable either. Rain started at 2:00 and lasted til lunch on Friday. We pulled out our rain gear and just kept going. One good thing there was no lightning or thunder then we would have headed out. It definitely poured but we just covered and walked fast. American Idol was pretty good watched a day time show and the final show at 7:00.

Fri. Epcot was a bit crowded also but we did good again with the early breakfast reservation and the rain kept everyone at bay til lunch time. We even gave away fast passes to soarin at 10:45 pm to a lady who was thrilled! My daughter was ready to go and was tired....and we already did it 3 times lol. Weather was great after lunch...cool but great walking weather (I thought).

Sat. MK...CROWDED lol. We didn't get there til about 11 and stayed til closing 10 pm. Way more crowds locals and super bowl people. But it was still great cause we took our time since we already did things many times on Tuesday and we did things we normally pass by because the kids want to go to the most popular rides. Weather was cool but again I thought wonderful walking weather.

Sun. MK in the morning for a few hours before we left. Again was crowded we did a few little things and headed out to get the ME bus It was the first time we did a park before leaving....I think it makes it even more upsetting about leaving LOL.

Any questions ....let me know. Going to try and do a trip report in between planning a few vacations for people....and keeping an eye out for when we can go back LOL....crazy along with you Meghan !

Last edited by star2500; 02-02-2009 at 08:45 PM.
star2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #1627
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I'm already wondering what deals they will be offering next year!!
I'll do y'all one better - I called the ticket office at WDW and got an upgrade to an AP. It's official - I have to go back now!

And, I then spent most of the day figuring out if I wanted to go to MVMCP in early December and what's the weather like in late April????....yes, I've been bitten pretty severely and I don't want an antidote either...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:04 AM   #1628
star2500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
I'll do y'all one better - I called the ticket office at WDW and got an upgrade to an AP. It's official - I have to go back now!

And, I then spent most of the day figuring out if I wanted to go to MVMCP in early December and what's the weather like in late April????....yes, I've been bitten pretty severely and I don't want an antidote either...
Hmmmm....I have 10 day passes....they technically expire Thursday even though we are home. Can I call to upgrade them to AP's? If so about how much would that cost? I got the 7 for 4 deal...so you really have me debating. LOL I am still not even unpacked yet...and I am thinking of buying for next trip....my husband will think I've gone mad LOL.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #1629
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2500 View Post
Thurs. MGM was crowded. Alot of the tour groups....I saw one of the tour guides get over 100 fast passes to Toy Story at 9:05 am! lol It was a bit crazy that day...but not unbearable either. Rain started at 2:00 and lasted til lunch on Friday. We pulled out our rain gear and just kept going. One good thing there was no lightning or thunder then we would have headed out. It definitely poured but we just covered and walked fast. American Idol was pretty good watched a day time show and the final show at 7:00.
I saw that guy!!!! He was in the far left FP lane and a CM was standing there kinda blocking the lane. She kept telling everyone that he had a lot of FP's to get, but you could wait behind him if you wanted to. I didn't think the crowds were bad at all that day, but I'm used to going in the middle of the summer. I wish I would have seen you!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 02-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #1630
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hello All!!!!

Well, we got back late Sunday night and I am just now getting to catch up with everybody!!! We did have a good time--stayed at the Poly and looooved the monorail access and the beach/palm trees!!! Great room--Tokelau #3929! Right by the elevator!!--and close to laundry, bus stop and walk takes about 3 minutes or so to the TTC for Epcot monorail!!!
Sat24th--DTD--Saw Meghan and her family!! Her daughter is a little doll!!!!! She is a real sweetheart! So glad we found her!! My son actually saw her first. I told him to look for a lady resembling Shelby(a girl at church) and he saw her right off the bat!!!! So, that made my day! Ate at T-Rex--kids loved it!! Hung around DTD then off to get our luggage unpacked.

Sun-25th--AK--stayed there till about 1 or so, then headed to Epcot.Dinner at Rose & Crown!!!! I absolutely love the UK!!!!! Food was great--perfect evening! Met an awesome CM at R&C named Amy.She gave us great tips for traveling to England. It's a dream for our family to go before tooooo long! She gave me her email and I will be getting in touch with her for some great travel tips!!!!!! Thanks AMY!!

Mon 26th--MK!! Holy Cow!! BUSY!!! I was surprised how many people were there. WAY more than last January for sure!!!! Still it was okay--FP for what was a must. Did late lunch at CBR. AWESOME!!!!! Kids loved it, we loved it!!!!!Stayed for EMH, still lines were kinda longish. Watched Spectro and turned around and saw Meghan and Sheree with families in tow, right behind us in the Emporium!!!! Sheree is such a sweetie!! And oh my gosh-her little girls are beautiful!!! Of course, the hubbies huddled together to talk shop---about whatever, we girls were just talking away!! It was awesome to see them all there--it's nice to run into friends when at Disney!!

Tues 27th-more MK--still busy---Epcot dinner at Le Cellier!! Awesome. CM named Billy--he was so sweet and knowledgable. He did say 'Sorry' and I made him repeat it! He thought that was hilarious---said a girl they worked with from Texas always made him say it a lot!! HA!!
Wed 28th--HS--Fast pass for TSMM!!!! Mike had Dinner with an Imagineer at the Derby. Said it was awesome. LOOOOOOVED the Toy Story ride----street people were awesome!!! Headed to Epcot for dinner in Germany. Excellent!! Kids loved it!
Thurs 29th--Laundry/pool time. RAINED!! Headed out for dinner at the Garden Grill around 4:30. Great dinner--rode the land ride and did Soarin'.
Fri 30-Shopping day!!! Dinner at China--9 Dragons!! Wonderful and loved the new look. Mike got sick! He was up all night & slept off & on all day Sat.
Sat 31-Gracie got sick AGAIN!! It didn't last long this time. I am wondering if her upset tummy was just from all that food since she had been sick before. I was worried about it, but she got over it quick!!!
Sun 1st-- Last day-went back to MK. Least crowded day so far!! It was amazing!!!!!! Flew out at 6, great flight.

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #1631
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Welcome back to all of you just getting back!

Shawna - I'd love to hear all about the Poly and see pics if you have any. We are considering it for the next trip!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #1632
star2500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I saw that guy!!!! He was in the far left FP lane and a CM was standing there kinda blocking the lane. She kept telling everyone that he had a lot of FP's to get, but you could wait behind him if you wanted to. I didn't think the crowds were bad at all that day, but I'm used to going in the middle of the summer. I wish I would have seen you!
YEAH...that was him LOL! We must have been so close to each other because I was in the line right next to his fast pass machine...lol...we were probable 2 people away from each other.

The crowds weren't bad....but I'm comparing them to Wed. when we were there. It was alot better on Wed....you are absolutely right the crowds on Thurs wasn't nearly as bad as summer crowds.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #1633
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Saturday, me and 2 of the kids went to DTD while Mike slept. Sat on the bus with a guy who was a dead ringer for Bill Cosby. In his younger days on I Spy!! My kids have been watching that for about a month now, andmy son actually saw him first! I had to tell the guy when we got off the bus and he just smiled and said he hears it a Lot!! Said I was like the 4th person that day!! At least he didn't think I was an idiot!!!!! Or a crazy person!! Ha!!!!!

Sat. morning I took the boys to O'Hana---dd had to miss it-at this time she was having the tummy trouble-so her and daddy stayed in the 'sick room"!!!! That was one of the best character meals I have ever done! Lilo and Stitch played with the kids like you wouldn't believe!!! It was awesome!!!!!!

Weather was great until Thursday---highs in the 70s and 80s. But Th the rain started and by friday it was chilly!!! In the 50s and cloudy. so, we were glad our first part was warm!!!!

We had an awesome time!! Noticed a few cheer groups and some tour groups with flags. they were okay for the most part. I have to say the thing that we noticed the most ( and my kids even brought it up to me several times) was the behavior of the kids there. Lots of times I saw kids just being downright rude and really acting ugly. I know kids get tired and all that--what was really noticeable was the parents reactions. I didn't see very much discipline at all!!!! Lots of moms(&dads) asking their kids to" please stop" or "why are you acting like this". Lots of times I heard them asking them in a whispery voice to not embarrass them, or whatever. I don't know how many kids in line kicked one of us or stepped on our feet, or even pushed into us. The moms just stood there looking at them. It was really odd. I don't know if they were all mesmerized by the magic or what!!!!! It was not anything I have ever noticed before.....did any of you notice it? It wasn't just me, I heard other moms commenting to their family about it as well. I mean, when your kids even start asking you what's going on, that's weird!!
So, off the soap-box!! We had a blast!! Next time dh wants to go back to the Contemporary. As great as the Poly is, he likes things all being in one building. So, if I HAVE to get a tower room, theme park view, I guess I will do it!! HA!!!!!!!!! Did you all get the souvies you planned on getting before you left?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #1634
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Welcome back to all of you just getting back!

Shawna - I'd love to hear all about the Poly and see pics if you have any. We are considering it for the next trip!
Mike likes the resorts better with all the stuff in one building, but he did love the Poly. But next time he wants to try for the CR first. Which, I did try for this trip, but it was booked. The kids looooooved the volcano pool and it's soooo close to everything. The only thing, and it's always commented on, is how slow the check-in is. And of course, I got a guy who was on his 1st day!!! I had requested Tokelau--he said they were putting me somewhere else,farther away, so I asked if he could check on a closer building. He made a call and then said, Oh, you are in Tokelau 3rd floor. I have to say, I was praying that we would get what we requested, so I was very thankful!!! The colors are dark--browns and oranges. But, I did see they were beginning to paint while we were there. We have stayed at the BC the last 3 trips and they are so bright and cheery. I think that was one reason Mike didn't like it as much. But, the balconey was great!!!!!!Mousekeeping was okay. Not bad or anything, but nothing over the top.

My boys loved it, but my dd didn't like it as much. I think it was kinda boring for her. They did love the monorail/boat rides!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #1635
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Mike likes the resorts better with all the stuff in one building, but he did love the Poly. But next time he wants to try for the CR first. Which, I did try for this trip, but it was booked. The kids looooooved the volcano pool and it's soooo close to everything. The only thing, and it's always commented on, is how slow the check-in is. And of course, I got a guy who was on his 1st day!!! I had requested Tokelau--he said they were putting me somewhere else,farther away, so I asked if he could check on a closer building. He made a call and then said, Oh, you are in Tokelau 3rd floor. I have to say, I was praying that we would get what we requested, so I was very thankful!!! The colors are dark--browns and oranges. But, I did see they were beginning to paint while we were there. We have stayed at the BC the last 3 trips and they are so bright and cheery. I think that was one reason Mike didn't like it as much. But, the balconey was great!!!!!!Mousekeeping was okay. Not bad or anything, but nothing over the top.

My boys loved it, but my dd didn't like it as much. I think it was kinda boring for her. They did love the monorail/boat rides!!!!!!
That's funny, I was thinking I would request Tokelau third floor if we stayed there! I wonder if everyone requests it?

I'll have to look at some more pictures. I don't know if I'd like the dark colored rooms, that was one thing I didn't care for at POFQ was all the dark wood. As far as everything not being in one building that wouldn't bother me - obviously because we have always stayed at moderates.

So do you like the BC or the Poly better? Which one is quieter? I love the looks of the BC as well, but I am always afraid it would be loud there at night with a bunch of people coming in after being out drinking on the boardwalk. I don't know why I think that, never really heard it, just has always been in my head! The Poly just looks more relaxing I guess.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: