Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #1531
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
I was very surprised by the lack of Photopass photographers. I guess I wrongly assumed they would be ALL over the place. I'm entering my numbers tonight, so we'll see what we get!
Dh and I did the photopass thing. I had 249 Photos and as I'm doing edits and stuff and already up to 320 and I've barely scratched surface. I also know we didn't do a lot of magical shots we usually do.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #1532
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

One cute thing I've been doing on photpass edits is turning pic B+W and than adding border which remains in color, so you end up with B+w photo and colored border.
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #1533
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I ended up with 291 pictures from Photopass and a ride only stopped twice for me one was SpaceShip Earth in the DARK which was kind of scary and once was on Haunted Mansion in the DARK which was just cool LOL!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #1534
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelXThree View Post
Test Track broke down when we were in the cold room It started back up in about 5 mins but it could have broke down anywhere else in the ride and it would hav ebeen much better
When was that? It broke down on us Monday. We were in the robot room. I remember thinking that I was glad we weren't in the cold room.

Buzzlightyear broke down on us too. But that's nothing new, it always breaks down on us!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #1535
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
If Mama Snowbird says I should, then it's a go! Thanks, Mama S!

Old 01-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #1536
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We noticed that, if the wait was listed as 10 minutes, we generally waited 20-25. If the wait was listed as 30-45, the actual wait was also 20-25 minutes. Go figure....
Yes, this happened to us often too. It was very frustrating. Test Track said 30 minutes when it was actually 65 minutes. I wasn't happy!

Then when we used fastpasses for TT again later we still waited 20-25 minutes.

I'm not sure what the deal was with the times being off. We have never had that happen before. Usually they are right on or even less than the stated wait time.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #1537
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure how many photopass pictures we had taken. It's not my day to upload in the share yet. I would say between 100-150 or something like that if I had to guess.

We didn't have any trouble finding the photopass photographers. But it was our fourth trip since 2005 so we knew right where to look! And you have to approach them, they won't approach you.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #1538
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote:
One thing was odd - we did want to do a photopass. Because there were several of us, we could split the cost fairly reasonably. I had read that it would be a good idea to wait to 'pre-purchase' the photopass after the trip in case you didn't like your pictures. So we went that route and it was a good thing we did - we rarely saw a photopass photographer, perhaps only a handful of times. Wouldn't that have been a ripoff?

Did y'all feel like you used your photopass?
If I paid the whole amount and did not go in on a share YES!
I have a couple that are good,but the majority is either blurry or someone's eyes are shut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
I was very surprised by the lack of Photopass photographers. I guess I wrongly assumed they would be ALL over the place. I'm entering my numbers tonight, so we'll see what we get!
I also agree! The main ones like castle,tree at Ak, SSE at epcot, but most of the places I had a list of no one was there.
Also I had to beg the CM to do a magic picture for me. Guess what it was not the one I asked him to do either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
One cute thing I've been doing on photpass edits is turning pic B+W and than adding border which remains in color, so you end up with B+w photo and colored border.
I like that also. I am a big fan of B/W photos.
Snapfish has great things I like for borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I ended up with 291 pictures from Photopass and a ride only stopped twice for me one was SpaceShip Earth in the DARK which was kind of scary and once was on Haunted Mansion in the DARK which was just cool LOL!!
pamouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #1539
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

HEY SNOWBIRD FRIENDS!

We are finally home! We had an amazing trip! So many amazing and magical things happened on our trip! I can't wait to tell you all about it! I will hopefully be on tomorrow - so much unpacking and laundry to do!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #1540
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
HEY SNOWBIRD FRIENDS!

We are finally home! We had an amazing trip! So many amazing and magical things happened on our trip! I can't wait to tell you all about it! I will hopefully be on tomorrow - so much unpacking and laundry to do!
Welcome back to the real world!
pamouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #1541
2tinks2pirates
Earning My Ears

We're on our way home We are stopping overnight in Florence, SC in about an hour and will finish our drive home tomorrow. Fortunately, we had great weather during our stay until the rain yesterday. However, it didn't really hit until we had finished most of our time at Epcot anyway. My MIL took my niece and our 3 oldest kids to Cirque so they had to leave pretty early. DH and I stayed with the 3 year old until we were tired of being cold and wet (even with ponchos).

We had a wonderful time all week even with the crowds. Saturday the 24th at MK was the worst of the crowds, but we weren't expecting to get much done that day anyway since we had BBB and then a late breakfast at CRT. Sunday at AK was crowded too, but with Fastpasses we were able to ride Everest 2 timess in a row and everyone saw what they wanted to. Monday was Downtown Disney, and it was great. We had never been before so we really enjoyed ourselves. Earl of Sandwich is delicious, and my kids made me a great shirt at the design-a-tee shop. Tuesday we went back to MK at opening and hopped right onto everything in Fantasyland. 5 minute waits at Thunder Mtn. and Haunted Mansion. Walkded onto POC. Our longest wait all day was at Astro Orbiter (25 min.). Splash Mountain was 10 minutes. We got a ton done that day! Wednesday we hit HS and while lots was closed we still saw everything anyone was interested in. We rode Tower of Terror 2 times in a row, but missed Beauty and the Beast. Sad about that since we saw it before and I wanted the 3 yr. old to see it. Guess we'll have to go back! Hit Epcot on Thursday and covered the biggies in Future World. Spent the morning finishing our packing and useing up our our meal/snack credits. Decided not to try the parks before heading home since we didn't want to be driving while wet.

Sorry to ramble. I'm trying to relive the magic before facing reality tomorrow. Safe travels to any other snowbirds making there way back.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/362dcur8rw2hb8xg.png[/img]
Contemporary '79
Polynesian '83
OffSite '96
Wilderness Lodge '01
Grand Floridian '04
Can't wait for Jan. '09
2tinks2pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #1542
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

I feel so lucky when I hear about all of your long waits. We found some days were better than others but for the most part, we did what we wanted when we wanted.

These were taken between 9:30 and 11:00 am.

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, GF!!

Last edited by MindyLuvsMickey; 01-30-2009 at 08:29 PM.
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #1543
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Help!

Has anyone else who recently entered their photopass cards have disappointing enhancements available? Like no year 2009? And holiday graphics? And no character siggies?

Am I doing something wrong???

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
trixiequilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #1544
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tinks2pirates View Post
We're on our way home We are stopping overnight in Florence, SC in about an hour and will finish our drive home tomorrow. Fortunately, we had great weather during our stay until the rain yesterday. However, it didn't really hit until we had finished most of our time at Epcot anyway. My MIL took my niece and our 3 oldest kids to Cirque so they had to leave pretty early. DH and I stayed with the 3 year old until we were tired of being cold and wet (even with ponchos).

We had a wonderful time all week even with the crowds. Saturday the 24th at MK was the worst of the crowds, but we weren't expecting to get much done that day anyway since we had BBB and then a late breakfast at CRT. Sunday at AK was crowded too, but with Fastpasses we were able to ride Everest 2 timess in a row and everyone saw what they wanted to. Monday was Downtown Disney, and it was great. We had never been before so we really enjoyed ourselves. Earl of Sandwich is delicious, and my kids made me a great shirt at the design-a-tee shop. Tuesday we went back to MK at opening and hopped right onto everything in Fantasyland. 5 minute waits at Thunder Mtn. and Haunted Mansion. Walkded onto POC. Our longest wait all day was at Astro Orbiter (25 min.). Splash Mountain was 10 minutes. We got a ton done that day! Wednesday we hit HS and while lots was closed we still saw everything anyone was interested in. We rode Tower of Terror 2 times in a row, but missed Beauty and the Beast. Sad about that since we saw it before and I wanted the 3 yr. old to see it. Guess we'll have to go back! Hit Epcot on Thursday and covered the biggies in Future World. Spent the morning finishing our packing and useing up our our meal/snack credits. Decided not to try the parks before heading home since we didn't want to be driving while wet.

Sorry to ramble. I'm trying to relive the magic before facing reality tomorrow. Safe travels to any other snowbirds making there way back.
Have safe travels the rest of the way home!

It was crowded at MK Saturday the 24th. I'm glad we went early Wednesday when it was freezing, it wasn't too crowded then and we were able to get lots done. Because when we went back Saturday it was wall to wall people. We were very lucky to grab a spot for Spectro!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #1545
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
HEY SNOWBIRD FRIENDS!

Welcome back! I looked for you at Chef Mickey's on the 20th but didn't really know what you looked like so I had a hard time finding you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: