Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #151
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...r&cm_ite=M7873

Or you could try this stuff, it is lots of different colors and has a more crystalized look, but I think it's kinds neat
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #152
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry that you're having shoe drama! That really stinks! I have to admit that the pink shoes were my fave! I can't believe that the e-Bay seller wouldn't do more to rectify the situation! And for them to want you to pay to ship them back...some people! I don't blame you on the negative feedback! That's something that other buyers need to be aware of!!
I hope your SIL comes through on the SATC shoes. I've never been a big shoe girl-just give me a pair of Justin boots or flip flops, and I'm happy-but those really are gorgeous!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #153
Tink&PirateMama
queen mamadalla is what they call me... they being the jedis in my house... one is also a fairy

Just catching up on your PJ- I LOVE your beach location- it will be so beautiful, and I love the plans so far! Sounds great!

Sorry about the shoe drama- I'm rooting for the blue ones- they are stunning! And will match DD
Tink&PirateMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #154
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
I hope your SIL comes through on the SATC shoes. I've never been a big shoe girl-just give me a pair of Justin boots or flip flops, and I'm happy-but those really are gorgeous!
I am so hoping that I get them and nothing goes wrong!!! I don't usually like fancy shoes either. 99% of the time I am in flip flops or Crocs. But once in a while, that beauty queen comes out in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...r&cm_ite=M7873

Or you could try this stuff, it is lots of different colors and has a more crystalized look, but I think it's kinds neat
I love qvc! Thanks for the link. My DH told me that it is just floral gel, and his mom used to use it all the time. It is pretty inexpensive. You can buy it in clear and add food coloring to the water to color the gel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink&PirateMama View Post
Just catching up on your PJ- I LOVE your beach location- it will be so beautiful, and I love the plans so far! Sounds great!

Sorry about the shoe drama- I'm rooting for the blue ones- they are stunning! And will match DD
Thanks! I love being at the beach. Water and sand are so relaxing to me.
I am totally rooting for the blue shoes now. I need some pixie dust to help my SIL come through!
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #155
Stephie77
DH and I married at the most magical place on earth on 1-3-10

ooohhh sorry to hear about your shoe drama that sellar is so rude! i hope your SIL is able to get the blue manolos carrie wore! i am a totaly shoe *****! anything about shoes and i am like oo where? lol i started to read you pj and plan to continue when i can (so hard at work since i keep getting interupted). good luck with everything and i am sure it will all work out!

Last edited by Stephie77; 05-05-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Stephie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #156
Stephie77
DH and I married at the most magical place on earth on 1-3-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petals & Pixie Dust View Post
I want the SATC blue shoes!!! Where did you find them?
And hey...isn't there a quote about Cinderella and shoes??? It's all good!!!
where in NY are you? you can try to get them at Bergdorfs or Neimans or the Manolo store on 31 W. 54th street NYC. They are last season so you might have a problem and after what happened to Tanya i wouldn't trust ebay!
Stephie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #157
Tink&PirateMama
queen mamadalla is what they call me... they being the jedis in my house... one is also a fairy

Ok, I totally don't know how to send pixie dust...LOL!! I don't see it in here? but here's what I can do in hopes for the blue shoes!!

and some flowers for good measure from tink
Tink&PirateMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #158
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie77 View Post
ooohhh sorry to hear about your shoe drama that sellar is so rude! i hope your SIL is able to get the blue manolos carrie wore! i am a totaly shoe *****! anything about shoes and i am like oo where? lol i started to read you pj and plan to continue when i can (so hard at work since i keep getting interupted). good luck with everything and i am sure it will all work out!
Thanks! And thanks for reading - Yay me! A fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink&PirateMama View Post
Ok, I totally don't know how to send pixie dust...LOL!! I don't see it in here? but here's what I can do in hopes for the blue shoes!!

and some flowers for good measure from tink
Awesome!! Thanks so much.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #159
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Ok - so my at home anniversary party/reception - whatever I should call it - is going to be a year away. But that doesn't mean I am not totally obsessing about it!

So I really want to get some planning done, so I have a clue as to what is going on. I like to be overprepared way in advance. I am a bit obsessive when it comes to this stuff.

I think that I am going to decorate the handrails of the gazebo. We have chains of silk roses in the studio in pink and yellow, allong with tulle in every color imaginable. So I thought that I could use those to wrap around it. I also have blue pew bows with Cindy's carriage sewn into the middle of them. I don't think I have posted a pic yet. But I have 12 of them from when I thought we were doing this at the Swan & Dolphin. I figure that it's kind of dumb to use them on the cruise ship since the idea of a horse and buggy on a cruise ship is ridiculous! Anyway, I will tie the chains of flowers onto the rails with these.

I also have been working on some topiaries. The tops are going to be just like a Mickey Pomander (kissing ball). They have pink hydrangeas on them. I have 1 done. (Post pic soon) Then I am going to wrap a wooden dowel in ribbon and put it into the bottom of the Mickey head, and into some floral foam in a little flower pot. I also have these silver and white glittered tree branch things - I have no idea how else to describe them - that I am going to stick into the flower pot around the base. On top of that, I have blue and white glittery birds and butterflies to stick in there as well. (These reminded me of all the princesses singing to the animals, and well I want to be a princess too!) I want to put these on either side of the gazebo. I also have some sick and twisted vision of dragging these onto the cruise ship for our VR. I just haven't figured out how to orchestrate that yet.

Then for the tables, (they are picnic tables under a gazebo type pavillion) I want to use white table cloths, since I already have several (free), and I am able to get more for pretty cheap. Then here is where I am stuck in my vision.

I want to make table runners of some sort that are Disney themed. I'm thinking like pink satin or blue satin, and then stamping mickey heads on them. Or using a gingham mickey material - like the one on the shirts I made - look into my signature. Or there is a pink Mickey and Minnie material that has them kissing. Very cute, but hard to find.

The problem is that I need it to all kind of color coordinate. The gingham is cute - definitely match my picnic them (plus I already have it), but it is primary colors, red, blue, and yellow. Pink flowers won't match. DH thinks that pink table runners will be pink overkill. What to do?

Also (this is a very lengthy post, but my brain is on decorator mode), we want to make the gel cylindars that Disney uses at the dessert parties. We finally watched the WeTv Disney wedding show, and loved Courtney's dessert party centerpieces with the gel and roses. This is what we want to do. We also love her colors - the bright orange, pink, and yellow. This is perfect for the whole outdoors, family, beach, theme, but I need it to all coordinate with what we have. Suggestions? Anyone have inspirational pics?

Also, I think that we are going to get a silly Cinderella and Prince Charming cake made. It's like something a 6 yr old would have for a b-day party, but I got to get my princess in somewhere! Plus it is really cute!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #160
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie77 View Post
where in NY are you? you can try to get them at Bergdorfs or Neimans or the Manolo store on 31 W. 54th street NYC. They are last season so you might have a problem and after what happened to Tanya i wouldn't trust ebay!
Upstate...but travel down to NYC on occasion..Will be there in Nov. actually! I'll try it...
Old 05-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #161
DISNEYMAGIC2005
DIS Veteran

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the SATC shoes. I need those shoes! That is something to be added to the list!

I love all of your plans for your at home reception and it's better to plan early because then you have so much more time to make sure things work out.

I love all of your ideas. Although I do think that pink is amazing I think that your DH maybe right. I know that my DF was freaking out when I started mentioning pink but as long as its not overkill I don't think he will even notice.

I love all of the Disney ideas and I know everything will look great. I don't know if I mentioned this before but that site is beautiful and I think that you have such a beautiful family as well.

I'm lucky i'm in love with my best friend.... and that he puts up with my WDW craziness!
DISNEYMAGIC2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #162
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

More Ideas

Pink runners probably are pink overkill. If I had my way though, the whole world would be pink and blue! LOL. I don't want it to look like a baby shower.

I think maybe no table runners and just confetti around the vases. I just need to have the confetti made out of something heavy enough to not blow away. I have a ton of silk rose petals in the studio. Literally about 2000, but I know that they will get blown all over the place out there.

I think that I am going to make more hidden mickeys like for my bouquet, but I am going to put them in the centerpieces for the reception. I also found (on ebay of course) where I can get the mickey shaped balloons in different colors. These are the celebrating balloons that they have in all the ads. I think that I am going to get some of these and make balloon bouquets to cover an ugly storage door in the pavillion. Then the kids can all run around with them later.

My DH is even excited enough about this project that he went out and bought the flower gel stuff. He bought a lot of it for about $12.00. It should be about double the amount that we need. He wants to be able to play with it and try it out now. He has also found someplace where we can order the light up cubes for about $1 a piece. So I think that he's going to get a few and try them out.

Here are some pics from Courtney's pj. These are my inspiration:

Old 05-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #163
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Dan's tux is here!!!!!!

My hubby's tux came!!!!!!!
I'm so excited b/c it has been 9 years since I have seen my DH in a tux! I think that he looks fabulous.

The pants still need to be hemmed, but everything else fit really well - except for the shirt. I ordered the wrong length on the sleeves. It's only off by a couple of inches, so it isn't noticeable when the jacket is on, but I'll have to get him another shirt. And of course, the shirt is the only part we can't exchange. Go figure!
We got both the mickey bow ties - which I didn't think that we were going to get - and black bow ties. I definitely like the black better. Dan said he feels like a dalmation with the mickey one on!

Here are his pics:

And the dalmation effect:

I am so excited!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #164
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

I agree with the Black Bow Tie! Your husband looks great though. I can not wait to see your pictures!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #165
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
I agree with the Black Bow Tie! Your husband looks great though. I can not wait to see your pictures!
Awww...thanks so much!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: