Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #136
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

At home location

Another update that we have been working on -

We finally chose our at home reception/anniversary party location!!!

It is Gilchrist Park in Punta Gorda. It is a gorgeous park on the water with views of the large bridge. It has a fishing pier, a gazebo, a small beach, pavillions with picnic tables, a playground, tennis courts, a large fountain - where we can have a brick paver engraved - and a large grassy landscaped area.
Here are some pics from our location trip yesterday:

We really want this to be a fun, laid back, family experience - so this was perfect for what we want.
I think that we are going to start off with us in our wedding attire, and not have a whole ceremony, but have a blessing at the gazebo. I also want to release a pair of white doves.
Then we will cut our cake - we'll probably just have a large sheet cake -and then change out of our clothes and into Mickey Hawaiian shirts.

I still want it Disney themed, but I am at a loss for what direction to go with this. We want to have a small popcorn and cotton candy machine, plus food like fried chicken and potato salad. But I want to have some decor, and some sort of Disney related center pieces. Plus it can get windy out there, so I can't have candles, or anything light.

Any thoughts and advice will be greatly appreciated!!
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #137
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Wow you have done so much! The Grooms hat sisn't fit my DH either. He wore a "groom" visor. Love the pink shoes. Oh Pink Crinnie do it do it! The Crinnie from Bavid's Bridal dyed really well with two boxes of Fushia RIT dye! I am so excited for you! What are they doing to the Castle? Oh No? I don't want my Castle Pictures ruined in Nov.!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #138
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

Cute pictures!!! I think the spot sound great! You could get some mickey hawaiian fabric and make mickey table cloths for the picnic table and use the mickey surfboard table cloth weights (from wdw) so they don't blow away.

For centerpieces I was at the Lilly Pullitzer store the other day and they had a short glass hurricane filled with sand with formal candle in a glass containor sitting in the middle. That would be heavy enough to not blow away or out (hopefully) and would be much cheaper than floral cenerpieces. Maybe you could even add some flowers minus the stems around the candles inside the hurricaines, just for a little bit of an accent color.

I love the fact that there a playground there - thats so perfect!
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #139
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
Wow you have done so much! The Grooms hat sisn't fit my DH either. He wore a "groom" visor. Love the pink shoes. Oh Pink Crinnie do it do it! The Crinnie from Bavid's Bridal dyed really well with two boxes of Fushia RIT dye! I am so excited for you! What are they doing to the Castle? Oh No? I don't want my Castle Pictures ruined in Nov.!
Thanks for the support on the pink! I can't wait for my shoes to get here, and I am totally on board for a pink crinnie!!!! I'll have to get one first...

It will probably be a while. Whenever I go back for my 1st fitting, I'll get one - that way I can try it on with the dress. I hope my dye job comes out ok - I'm not very good at that sort of thing!

As far as the castle - Karen at DPS doesn't really know either. They are doing some sort of refurbishment that is going to involve the crane and scaffolding. She said that they will only be doing one side at a time, and that they can shoot around it and photoshop it out. Being a photographer, I can tell when something is photoshopped, and I do not want this done to my pics - (Enhancements are ok) But unless someone is really good, you can usually tell where it was edited. Good luck on getting answers, and hopefully it won't affect you guys.

Last edited by CinderelliT; 04-29-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #140
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-to-be View Post
Cute pictures!!! I think the spot sound great! You could get some mickey hawaiian fabric and make mickey table cloths for the picnic table and use the mickey surfboard table cloth weights (from wdw) so they don't blow away.

For centerpieces I was at the Lilly Pullitzer store the other day and they had a short glass hurricane filled with sand with formal candle in a glass containor sitting in the middle. That would be heavy enough to not blow away or out (hopefully) and would be much cheaper than floral cenerpieces. Maybe you could even add some flowers minus the stems around the candles inside the hurricaines, just for a little bit of an accent color.

I love the fact that there a playground there - thats so perfect!
These are really cute ideas! Thanks so much!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #141
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

I love the MK proposal story! How great! And your at home reception site is beautiful! The gazebo is lovely!

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #142
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Hi, Tanya! I just wanted to finally post and say hello! I've been following your PJ for a while now, and I am loving reading about all your plans! I am really excited for you. My dream is for my DH and I to also renew our vows in Disney one day!
Your plans are coming together so well! I know that you're going to love DCL!! The Wonder is a beautiful ship, and I think you're ceremony is going to be gorgeous!
Congrats on making your dream come true...I can't wait to read more!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #143
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
I love the MK proposal story! How great! And your at home reception site is beautiful! The gazebo is lovely!
Thanks! I feel lucky to live in such a pretty area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Hi, Tanya! I just wanted to finally post and say hello! I've been following your PJ for a while now, and I am loving reading about all your plans! I am really excited for you. My dream is for my DH and I to also renew our vows in Disney one day!
Your plans are coming together so well! I know that you're going to love DCL!! The Wonder is a beautiful ship, and I think you're ceremony is going to be gorgeous!
Congrats on making your dream come true...I can't wait to read more!
Thanks so much for your kind comments. I'm glad some people can follow my rambling!
I'm sure one day soon, ya'll be able to do a VR. Dreams are there to help us reach our goals.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #144
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Shoe dilemma!!!

For those of you that didn't see it on the main wedding boards, I have a bit of a shoe problem.
I bought these first. (Sorry my pics are always so big.)
Then I bought these for fun:They are my Cinderella "glass slippers".
Next I bought these with my pink envy of the other brides
Then my SIL said she would buy me these as a present
They are the something blue shoe in the SATC movie.

I was at a loss for which ones to wear, b/c I totally love the pink ones, but I bought the first blue pair to go with a blue crinnie, since I ended up not getting a blue dress. But I bought those b/c I couldn't afford the SATC ones. So I posted on the main board, and it was about 1/2 and 1/2 between the pink and the blue.

Well...I now have to go with blue. 1) it will match my DD's dress, and 2) I got the pink shoes today, and they didn't fit!!

Here's the whole story:
I was so excited to get them in the mail today. I was totally going to try them on with my dress. They are gorgeous!!! Even my DH thought they were sexy and didn't care that I spent more money!
The first thing that I noticed was that there were spots on them, like someone had worn them already. There was also a pen/ink mark on the heel. So I was not happy about that. Then I put them on, and they were like waaaay too big! So I take one off and look at it, and they sent me the wrong size!!

So I contact the seller - this is what i get for shoe shopping on ebay - and they say that they sold the only other pair in my size after they shipped these out. They cannot exchange them, b/c this style is now out of stock. No explanation for the mix up, and they want to charge me a restocking fee and take out the s&h from my refund!!

I convinced them to wave the restocking fee, since it was not my fault that I got sent the wrong size, but they won't do anything about s&h. So I have to mail my pretty shoes back. Hopefully, my SIL can get the SATC ones without any drama.

Last edited by CinderelliT; 05-04-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: pics
Old 05-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #145
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

On a more positive note, I also got my toasting glasses in the mail today. They are gorgeous!!!!!!

They are real lead crystal and very heavy. They came in the original box that it satin lined. There is a Mickey etched on one in a tux and a Minnie on the other in a Wedding dress. The stems and bases are frosted glass with clear hearts etched into it. They must have orginally cost a fortune! They are so so so nice. I scored these on ebay for pretty cheap, so I guess it makes up for my bad shoe experience.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #146
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

BOO on the shoe drama!! Totally leave negative feedback!!

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #147
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

I want the SATC blue shoes!!! Where did you find them?
And hey...isn't there a quote about Cinderella and shoes??? It's all good!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #148
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
BOO on the shoe drama!! Totally leave negative feedback!!
Oh it's coming! I'm just making sure I get my money back 1st!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petals & Pixie Dust View Post
I want the SATC blue shoes!!! Where did you find them?
And hey...isn't there a quote about Cinderella and shoes??? It's all good!!!
Hahaha! I haven't found the SATC shoes. It's my SIL, and she lives in Tallahassee. We are going to see her in a week. I'll let you know then. I don't think that she is going to spend that much money on shoes, so I am wondering if they are used, or if she got a deal or something. She is an event coordinator for some big wigs up there, so she is always snagging free stuff. We get golf shirts and shoes, and bottles of water and soda, free food, gift certificates, etc. all the time from her.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #149
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

I am anxiously awaiting your reply!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #150
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Ok the SATC shoes, you must wear them! Those are to die for, I am having major shoe envy right now.

I love the beach your having your home wedding at! It looks like it will be perfect for a fun family theme you are going for! I saw you looking for info on the main boards abou the gel cylindars too, here is what I found for ya! This stuff is called "Quick Water" and I believe you can add colored dye to it and then add glow cubes like WDW does
http://www.floralsupply.com/cat.cgi?...ter&c=dsgnaccs

I just googled "Quick Water" and this came up so I am sure there are other places you could get it as well... it seems like it is easy to use and will let things like a glow cube stay inplace
tiggersam00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: