Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Thumbs up Getting ill with the Maguire's!!! Trip report, Day 5…..Shopping & the Blue Man Group.

Cast:

Me = Claire (33), massive Disney fan, chief planner…(a little on the OCD side ) obsessive shopper, addicted to scrapbooking and very impulsive which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!

Hubby = Lee (34), not a massive Disney fan but still enjoys it, adrenaline junkie, easy going and the sensible half of our partnership!

5th December 2008.

I woke up at 6.20am today and felt absolutely awful, my throat felt like it was on fire. Lee was happy though as I had also lost my voice and could barely speak. He did however go down to Starbucks and get me a latte and some more cold & flu tablets from the hotel shop. I lazed in bed until about 8, then got up and showered. Just as we were ready to leave the hotel room there was a knock on the door it was one of the hotel staff with a big box from Amazon, our new Camcorder! Lee unboxed it and plugged it in to charge the battery up so he can play with it later…..boys and their toys!

We left the room about 9am and I drove to the Walmart Supercentre on Turkey Lake Road. I should admit that somehow we had never been to a Walmart before well we were amazed at the size of it! We spent ages in there and got lots of snacks & drink for the room, I also got some hair straightners and loads of medicine for me.

We drove over to the Florida Mall, it was about 11.30 now. I felt really light headed so Lee suggested getting something to eat and drink and have a sit down for a while. I got a table in the food court and Lee went to get the food, there was nothing there that we fancied so ended up getting a cheeseburger & fries from one of the counters. It was quite a nice burger but I didn’t eat it all as I felt really rough. We started to have a look around the shops, I got some Yankee candles but I just felt too ill to shop….. We headed out of the mall and went back to the hotel. I took lots of medicine and went to bed……4 hours later I woke up and thankfully felt a little better.

We got changed, freshened up and walked over to CityWalk, capturing this lovely sunset on the way:

We had tickets for the Blue Man Group, which started at 6pm.

I had ordered the tickets online months ago and opted to collect them at the ticket office, which we did. We then went inside and I bought a programme, some drinks & I think Lee got some sweets but I can’t remember what.

We then took our seats. I ordered them so long ago I had forgotten how good our seats were, the middle of the fifth row! (The first four rows are ponchos, we didn’t want to be that close). I am not going to give anything away about the show but if you haven’t seen it before then I highly recommend it. It is such a fun & entertaining way to spend a few hours.

We have seen them previously in Las Vegas & twice in London and even though a lot of the show is the same we were still in hysterics.

The aftermath…….

We came out of the theatre and were very hungry so headed off to the Nascar Café as I really fancied their ribs again, Lee had the Rib Eye. It was really nice as usual.

Once we had finished we walked back to the hotel again and I went straight to sleep, about 9.30! Lee fiddled around figuring out how to work his new toy for a while before watching some tv and eventually going to sleep.

Sorry for the lack of photo’s today but I promise to make up for it in Day 6’s trip back to Seaworld.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
The Fetherstons
DIS Veteran

Ahh shame you wernt too well today

I would like to go and see Blue Man I have heard they are good

And not well enough to shop, GOSH you must have been poorly

Loving your reports

MY ICE BUDDY IS MICHELLE - SNOWYGIRLS
Me (35) DH Craig (37) DS Adam (7)

1980 Disney0ff Site 1993/7 Disney Offsite, 2001 Honeymoon ASMusic
2005/6 ASMovies, 2007 Pop Century 2008 CBR, 2009 Tuscany Villa
The Fetherstons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Can't believe how poorly you were .Glad you felt a little better after a rest.Blue Man Group is something i would love to see,just have to persuade Hubby.
We were thinking of trying Nascar Cafe when we go,as we have never been,i know your not the only one who has said how good the food is.Plus we have the kids eat free card and that is one of the places that accpets it.x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
Mrs Hobbes
DIS Veteran

Ahh Claire sorry you got so poorly and had to cut your day short but it is great that you were sitll able to keep going and get to all your reservations

Looking forward to reading Day 6 - this is a great trip report
Old 01-04-2009, 04:08 AM   #5
wicket2005
Hasn't got a clue what a tag is
Christmassyfyed, yes I have had a glass of wine judging by that spelling

So sorry to learn that you were poorly today as you know from my report each of us had slight poorly times too. We made good use of the medicines in the hotel shop as well, after the supply I had brought with me had been used up, eventually bought some from a garage (which was cheaper).

We have never been to the Blue Man show. Never really fancied it from the clips we have seen but then if we did try it we might really enjoy it.

In July I hated shopping as we all had to walk round together and I had to hang around menś shops (Abercrombie and Hollister) till we bought the Trafones from Walmart. Now I love it as I just say bye as soon as we get into a Mall and whizz round as if I am on a trolley dash waiting to hear them ring to say they are finished. I quite like Florida Mall and the Mall of Millenia.

I am glad your camcorder arrived okay. The eldest son has asked me if it was possible to order things to the room, so I can answer that now. I presume you ordered it as soon as you arrived in America.

Hey looking forward to your next report (hint, hint).

1996, 1998, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008x2, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
wicket2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:15 AM   #6
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

Sorry you were poorly

I would love to see Blue man group !

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #7
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fetherstons View Post
Ahh shame you wernt too well today

I would like to go and see Blue Man I have heard they are good

And not well enough to shop, GOSH you must have been poorly

Loving your reports
Thanks Kerry, I really was bad.....walking round like a zombie! Normally I am a woman on a mission!

You really should go & see BMG they are really funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy-girls View Post
Can't believe how poorly you were .Glad you felt a little better after a rest.Blue Man Group is something i would love to see,just have to persuade Hubby.
We were thinking of trying Nascar Cafe when we go,as we have never been,i know your not the only one who has said how good the food is.Plus we have the kids eat free card and that is one of the places that accpets it.x.
You could get tickets for Tony as a surprise. We didn't know what to expect the first time & both loved it.

Nascar Cafe is really nice.....the food is along the same lines as Planet Hollywood/Rainforest Cafe type. I have never compared prices but I think it is quite cheap in comparision too. We love it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Hobbes View Post
Ahh Claire sorry you got so poorly and had to cut your day short but it is great that you were sitll able to keep going and get to all your reservations

Looking forward to reading Day 6 - this is a great trip report
Thanks Emma....I am enjoying writing it.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Old 01-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket2005 View Post
So sorry to learn that you were poorly today as you know from my report each of us had slight poorly times too. We made good use of the medicines in the hotel shop as well, after the supply I had brought with me had been used up, eventually bought some from a garage (which was cheaper).

We have never been to the Blue Man show. Never really fancied it from the clips we have seen but then if we did try it we might really enjoy it.

In July I hated shopping as we all had to walk round together and I had to hang around menś shops (Abercrombie and Hollister) till we bought the Trafones from Walmart. Now I love it as I just say bye as soon as we get into a Mall and whizz round as if I am on a trolley dash waiting to hear them ring to say they are finished. I quite like Florida Mall and the Mall of Millenia.

I am glad your camcorder arrived okay. The eldest son has asked me if it was possible to order things to the room, so I can answer that now. I presume you ordered it as soon as you arrived in America.

Hey looking forward to your next report (hint, hint).
I think I bought out the whole of the hotels tablet supply the week I was there. Glad they restocked for you and your boys.

I prefer the Mall of Millenia but still like going to the Florida Mall too..we also went to Prime Outlets for the first time they were quite good, thats coming up in the next few days...

I had a few parcels sent to the hotel.....I ordered some scrapbook supplies & got them shipped also a few bits in the sale on disneyshopping.com I am sure they loved receiving that parcel. I ordered them a few days before I left the UK and addressed the parcel to my name, Hard Rock Hotel, Hold for arrival on date, followed by the hotel address. They didn't have a problem with it & i just tipped a couple of $$$ when they bought it to my room.

I am half way through Day 6 - hopefully it will be up tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalielongstaff View Post
Sorry you were poorly

I would love to see Blue man group !
You should go as a group in Octoner Nat - I think it would be great fun as a larger group.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

sorry you were poorly Claire,we are hoping to see Blue Man group in august

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Sorry you felt so poorly, but glad you enjoyed the show

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

Its so awful to feel ill on holiday but it nearly always seems to happen to me. I always blame the air conditioning (especially on the plane) but not sure if it can be true.

Glad you could enjoy your night out.

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #12
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Shame you were still ill, but glad you managed the show

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Sorry that you felt poorly, you must've felt bad if you didn't feel like shopping

Glad you enjoyed the Blue Man Group

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #14
wils
Has had Capt. Jack Sparrow on her desktop !!??
Can't stop reading 'Lost' spoilers

A Walmart supercenter is something else isn't it! Hope you feel better in the morning!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

EEk! How horrid, getting ill on holiday.

DH and I are torn between Blue Man Group and Cirque De Soleil in May as we haven't never seen either. We had pretty much decided on Cirque, but you just threw a spanner in the works!!! Have you seen both?

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Pooh's-Honey-Pot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: