Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #376
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphyrna View Post
I hear ya Jay. I haven't used match.com in years. I moved on to adam4adam and manhunt, but those have really gone downhill. They're nothing more than hookup sites now. You go through the profiles and it's full of torso pics. There's no way I can compete with that. I guess that's the primary reason I want to lose weight too. But that's not right either. We have to want to do it for ourselves!
Yah... I know... it's just one of those things where I'm not happy unless I'm in a relationship. I dunno... it's one of those things where it's weird to talk about in a public forum like this...
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #377
MAF
DIS Veteran

I hate online dating sites. People are always so fake and "perfect" on there, but in real life they are the opposite of what they say. Is it bad that I've given up finding someone at the ripe old age of 27?
MAF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #378
chwgmjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF View Post
I hate online dating sites. People are always so fake and "perfect" on there, but in real life they are the opposite of what they say. Is it bad that I've given up finding someone at the ripe old age of 27?
I just don't understand how over 95% of guys on there (at least, the ones the system tries to match me with) have self-identified their body-type as "athletic"...

I don't think I've given up yet, myself... I mean, I do believe that there is someone, somewhere, for me...
Old 10-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #379
MAF
DIS Veteran

I can't stand "athletic" guys anyhow so I guess there would be nobody on the site worth checking into for me.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #380
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm, it was probably around 27 when I gave up, so it's not all that bad! LoL
Old 10-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #381
chwgmjay

Quote:
I can't stand "athletic" guys anyhow so I guess there would be nobody on the site worth checking into for me.
*hugs*
Old 10-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #382
MAF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm, it was probably around 27 when I gave up, so it's not all that bad! LoL
Well that's inspiring...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwgmjay View Post
*hugs*
What did I do to deserve a hug?
Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #383
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Blah... With the weather change, I've been getting kinda depressed/lonely. I was talking to someone I'd met off match.com, but he's a ways away and just kinda stopped responding. Blech. Oh well... 2 months and I'll be at Disney World and forget about it for a week. LOL.
yes it's true you forget about it for a week but then the depressing reality hits you like a brick once you return.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #384
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

Quote:
I just don't understand how over 95% of guys on there (at least, the ones the system tries to match me with) have self-identified their body-type as "athletic"...

I don't think I've given up yet, myself... I mean, I do believe that there is someone, somewhere, for me...
Think of it this way:

Shamu could be said to have a "swimmer's body"
ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 AM   #385
gotrojansgo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, I gave up at 20...so no. In fact, I give you props for lasting that long!!

Quote:
Blah... With the weather change, I've been getting kinda depressed/lonely. I was talking to someone I'd met off match.com, but he's a ways away and just kinda stopped responding. Blech. Oh well... 2 months and I'll be at Disney World and forget about it for a week. LOL.
I know what you mean. I've been looking out my window at the rain and I think about how nice it'd be to have someone to cuddle with...then I think about how everyone on the internet is usually hyping themselves up to be so much more than they are. Think about it: without face to face contact you can completely reinvent yourself inside and out. Then when it comes time to meet, they realize, "Oh, ****, I'm totally not like this superhunkymancandy that I described myself to be" and they flake. Don't worry about it, WDW cures all...for a while.

Quote:
Think of it this way:

This is one of the greatest jokes about a gay hookup site I've heard in a while.
Countless stays at WL, 1989-2002 ; Disneyland GCR, Summer 2003 ; PC and Poly, Summer 2004 (with Hurricane Charley) ; CS and PC, Christmas 2006 ; DCL to Nassau and Castaway Cay, Summer 2007 ; SSR, Christmas 2007 (Our first trip home!) ; SSR, March 2008 ; BCV, Christmas 2008 ; SSR & OKW, May 2009 ; BLT, Christmas 2009 ; CS, March 2010 ; BWV, Christmas 2010 ; BCV, Marathon Weekend 2011 ; DL Resort, Half Marathon Weekend 2011 ; BCV & SSR, Christmas 2010

51 Marathons, 50 States + DC! :: CA, FL, LA, MN, OR, WA

gotrojansgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #386
MAF
DIS Veteran

20? Sheesh I wasn't even "out" at that age.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #387
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcKahuna View Post
Think of it this way:

I love that line. Heck, I have a swimmer's body! Just like a walrus
Old 10-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #388
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

What bothers me so much about the online sites I've been on is the inability to just talk and make friends. They have it in their profile that they're looking for friends but it's BS. Everyone's looking for something. I miss the days back when I chatted on IRC and we'd have channel meets where we'd all just get together and hang out.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:05 AM   #389
chwgmjay

Quote:
What bothers me so much about the online sites I've been on is the inability to just talk and make friends. They have it in their profile that they're looking for friends but it's BS. Everyone's looking for something. I miss the days back when I chatted on IRC and we'd have channel meets where we'd all just get together and hang out.
YUP. It's pretty disappointing. I still hang out on IRC... but there's really no one for me to hang out with since it's our private irc server and no one's local. And we don't have any gay channels or anything.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:21 AM   #390
gotrojansgo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
YUP. It's pretty disappointing. I still hang out on IRC... but there's really no one for me to hang out with since it's our private irc server and no one's local. And we don't have any gay channels or anything.
IRC is such a throwback! I don't exactly remember when I used it, but I never remembered being unhappy with it because everyone was so nice there. What happened to the internet?
Countless stays at WL, 1989-2002 ; Disneyland GCR, Summer 2003 ; PC and Poly, Summer 2004 (with Hurricane Charley) ; CS and PC, Christmas 2006 ; DCL to Nassau and Castaway Cay, Summer 2007 ; SSR, Christmas 2007 (Our first trip home!) ; SSR, March 2008 ; BCV, Christmas 2008 ; SSR & OKW, May 2009 ; BLT, Christmas 2009 ; CS, March 2010 ; BWV, Christmas 2010 ; BCV, Marathon Weekend 2011 ; DL Resort, Half Marathon Weekend 2011 ; BCV & SSR, Christmas 2010

51 Marathons, 50 States + DC! :: CA, FL, LA, MN, OR, WA

gotrojansgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: