Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #346
WittyreaderLI
Mouseketeer

The banes

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm still single but I'm proud to say that I've lost 57 lbs since Jan!

Bring on the single men :-)

And keep me away from the DDP!

I really need to update my pic!

1985: Off Site
1988: Off Site
1991: Off Site
1994: Off Site
1997: All Star Music
2001: Disneyland (off site)
2006: Caribbean Beach
2008: Pop Century
2009 (Jan): Port Orleans: French Quarter
2009 (December): Caribbean Beach
2010, November: Coronado Springs
2011, September: Port Orleans, Riverside
2012, June, Disneyland, Off Site
2012, October, Caribbean Beach
2013, April, All Star Music
2013, September, Disneyland (off site)
2014, April, Saratoga Springs

Upcoming:
2014, October, All Star Music
WittyreaderLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #347
I<3EvilQueen
Is That the Fashion 2nd Amendment-The Right to Bare Arms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyreaderLI View Post
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm still single but I'm proud to say that I've lost 57 lbs since Jan!

Bring on the single men :-)

And keep me away from the DDP!

I really need to update my pic!
Congrats on the weight loss. I need to get back on that Weight Watchers Wagon.

Upcoming Trips:
7 Night Mediterrian Cruise June 2013
I<3EvilQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #348
Sphyrna
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the weight loss! I need to get back on Nutrisystem now that I'm back from vacation. Although when I got the email stating my next order would ship in 4 days I quickly logged in and postponed it 2 months. But that's mostly b/c I still have plenty of food still to use up.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:42 PM   #349
Aaronbox
Tall & Smiling in Key West

Single Gay Disney Parks Fan

I've got some gay Disney fan friends here in Key West, but I'm single. I'm getting a group together for Gay Days 2011.
I never miss a WDW Radio show. I love the music and sound clips Lou integrates into his show.

All-Stars Music Resort Gay Days June 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge Gay Days June 2011
Wilderness Lodge / Pop Century Gay Days June 2009
Disney All Stars Movies Resort 4th of July 2008
All-Star Movies Gay Days / Flower & Garden Fest 2007
Offsite 2006
Sporatic offsite visits 1987 - 1998
Annual offsite visits from 1971 - 1985
Until 08, all offsite except Fort Wilderness Campground around 1977
And all WDW except DL 1985
Aaronbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #350
WittyreaderLI
Mouseketeer

Hey Aaron,

Welcome to the board :-) What is your favorite park?

1985: Off Site
1988: Off Site
1991: Off Site
1994: Off Site
1997: All Star Music
2001: Disneyland (off site)
2006: Caribbean Beach
2008: Pop Century
2009 (Jan): Port Orleans: French Quarter
2009 (December): Caribbean Beach
2010, November: Coronado Springs
2011, September: Port Orleans, Riverside
2012, June, Disneyland, Off Site
2012, October, Caribbean Beach
2013, April, All Star Music
2013, September, Disneyland (off site)
2014, April, Saratoga Springs

Upcoming:
2014, October, All Star Music
WittyreaderLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #351
Aaronbox
Tall & Smiling in Key West

Favorite park

Each park has something different that I like best: Magic Kingdom will always be the most sentimental park for me. Cinderella Castle is also my favorite icon. Disney Studios is my least favorite themed park but has my favorite attractions including the best night show: Fantasmic! Epcot has so many things that appeal to me as an adult including the best songs: One Little Spark and Golden Dream. But overall, Animal Kingdom is my favorite: I love the jungle trees and live shows: Nemo & The Lion King.

All-Stars Music Resort Gay Days June 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge Gay Days June 2011
Wilderness Lodge / Pop Century Gay Days June 2009
Disney All Stars Movies Resort 4th of July 2008
All-Star Movies Gay Days / Flower & Garden Fest 2007
Offsite 2006
Sporatic offsite visits 1987 - 1998
Annual offsite visits from 1971 - 1985
Until 08, all offsite except Fort Wilderness Campground around 1977
And all WDW except DL 1985
Aaronbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #352
AKL Ranger
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Animal Kingdom feels real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronbox View Post
Each park has something different that I like best: Magic Kingdom will always be the most sentimental park for me. Cinderella Castle is also my favorite icon. Disney Studios is my least favorite themed park but has my favorite attractions including the best night show: Fantasmic! Epcot has so many things that appeal to me as an adult including the best songs: One Little Spark and Golden Dream. But overall, Animal Kingdom is my favorite: I love the jungle trees and live shows: Nemo & The Lion King.

I agree, Love Animal Kingdom! The attention to detail, the 'ruins' in Asia along the river. The 'Hotel' in Harambe. I think the theme/ 'imagineering' feels more real at Animal Kingdom than my second favorite theme park, EPCOT Centre.
AKL Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #353
wdwprince
Earning My Ears

Single going solo Sept 20-24

Anyone else single be in Disney World at that time?
wdwprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #354
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwprince View Post
Anyone else single be in Disney World at that time?
I PM'd you.
RAPstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #355
AKL Ranger
Earning My Ears

Question In Orlando for the ASTA Travel Industry trade Show

Hey there any Travel Industry Fan of the DIS in town for the ASTA Travel Industry Trade show the week of Sept 11- 15, 2010?

I will be in town staying at one of the host hotels. Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal.
The ASTA Trade Show, is the National convention for Travel Industry suppliers, Agents and Travel Industry press.
AKL Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #356
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL Ranger View Post
Hey there any Travel Industry Fan of the DIS in town for the ASTA Travel Industry Trade show the week of Sept 11- 15, 2010?

I will be in town staying at one of the host hotels. Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal.
The ASTA Trade Show, is the National convention for Travel Industry suppliers, Agents and Travel Industry press.
Be advised that Hard Rock "room charging" will only allow you $100 TOTAL, and that they may lock up $500 of your credit line for a WEEK for no particular reason. That happened to us in June. When we checked out we owed less than $50 for breakfast at The Kitchen, and they "held" $500 on DH's credit card. I called and questioned it, but they never did manage to give me a REASON as to why it was like that. I would suggest NOT authorizing room charging!
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #357
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
Be advised that Hard Rock "room charging" will only allow you $100 TOTAL, and that they may lock up $500 of your credit line for a WEEK for no particular reason. That happened to us in June. When we checked out we owed less than $50 for breakfast at The Kitchen, and they "held" $500 on DH's credit card. I called and questioned it, but they never did manage to give me a REASON as to why it was like that. I would suggest NOT authorizing room charging!
Speaking as a hotel accountant, this is not uncommon at all. Many places authorize a set amount per night, and I have worked in places (in downtown Dallas) where that amount is $100 per night or more.

My advice here is simply to not use your debit card for this kind of a transaction, as the bank that issues the debit card can (and frequently does) hold authorizations from hotels for thirty, sixty, or even ninety days. (If I had a nickel for every time I got a call from an angry guest because they'd bounced a rent check because our property authorized their card and never charged it but the bank was holding it weeks later I would be taking Scott out to some VERY nice restaurants.)
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #358
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
Speaking as a hotel accountant, this is not uncommon at all. Many places authorize a set amount per night, and I have worked in places (in downtown Dallas) where that amount is $100 per night or more.

My advice here is simply to not use your debit card for this kind of a transaction, as the bank that issues the debit card can (and frequently does) hold authorizations from hotels for thirty, sixty, or even ninety days. (If I had a nickel for every time I got a call from an angry guest because they'd bounced a rent check because our property authorized their card and never charged it but the bank was holding it weeks later I would be taking Scott out to some VERY nice restaurants.)
Anyone who is used to WDW charging would be in for a shock at Hard Rock. We are used to a $1500 limit before the charges roll to the credit card, and NO holds. We used room charging for stuff around the Universal during the day, then we tried to charge dinner to the room and it declined. AWKWARD! We raced back to the hotel because we figured something was wrong. Nope. They only allow you $100.

After we got back to AKL we realized they had locked up $500 on the credit card, and all they would say was "They are just holds. They will drop off in 3-5 days." It was an INCREDIBLY lucky thing that we didn't NEED that credit since we were in Orlando for another 8 days after we left Hard Rock.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

Old 08-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #359
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
We hold $20/night to cover parking, etc. The calls we get would make you think we were holding hundreds of dollars. LOL.
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #360
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwgmjay View Post
We hold $20/night to cover parking, etc. The calls we get would make you think we were holding hundreds of dollars. LOL.
Then I would think I was at Hard Rock! $500 in holds for a ONE NIGHT stay that was paid in full prior to arrival.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: