Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #16
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grarsh View Post
I'm going to have to go with the "classics" of divas - Whitney, Madonna, and Cher. I saw Cher in Concert and she was amazing! I think I prefer Madonna and Whitney from the 80s - they're just way too crazy drama nowadays.

Oh, and for any muscial/broadway fans, I highly recommend the Legally Blonde the Musical Soundtrack. It's really fun!
I love Legally Blonde! Its a lot more fun that I thought it was gonna be (being its one of 1000 musicals being made out of a movie nowadays)
RAPstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #17
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
I love The Simpsons. The new ride at Universal was sooooo much fun!! One of my favorite Chirstmas traditions was going to the Hallmark store and picking out one new ornament for that year. Usually whatever new Disney or Wizard of Oz ornament was out that year. Woo for similarities!!!
That ride is the only reason I want to do Universal some day. I am petrifried of sharks so no JAWS ride for me. Oh yeah Dinosaurs too lol.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #18
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
That ride is the only reason I want to do Universal some day. I am petrifried of sharks so no JAWS ride for me. Oh yeah Dinosaurs too lol.
Well, the Jaws ride is more cheesy than scary. They also have a new coaster opening this year, if you haven't already heard about. The Simpsons ride is the best though. I rode it like 4 or 5 times and heard or saw something new each ride. Oh, and The Mummy ride, which I rode like 6 times in a row.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:48 AM   #19
VinnyDaPooh82
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I love Celine but refused to pay $300 for a ticket!! My first real concert (saw Beyoncé for free in Toronto in 2006 I was so close to her I could've hit her with my camera lol) was my ultimate group from my childhood.... SPICE GIRLS and that was a $225 ebay ticket. I have Celine's las vegas show on dvd and OMG hot dancers!!!!!!!! I'm Posh btw
300 $ for a ticket sure is expensive! I paid mine 195 $ and I was pretty close too. But that was the most expensive ticket I've ever paid in my life. But it was worth every penny.

Celine's Las Vegas show on dvd is nice. And you got that right. There are some hotties dancing around on that stage. Yummy (Is yummy too gay??)
VinnyDaPooh82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #20
VinnyDaPooh82
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well, the Jaws ride is more cheesy than scary. They also have a new coaster opening this year, if you haven't already heard about. The Simpsons ride is the best though. I rode it like 4 or 5 times and heard or saw something new each ride. Oh, and The Mummy ride, which I rode like 6 times in a row.
Tell me about the Simpsons ride. Last time I went to Universal, it wasn't opened yet and I rode the Back to the Future ride.

Is it the same kind of ride? Is it worth the wait if you're a Simpsons fan?
VinnyDaPooh82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:45 AM   #21
RickinNYC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've got my Disney obsession, my musical theater/theater obsession, my Buffy obsession, my Harry Potter obsession, and my utter love of "Repo! The Genetic Opera" which next to no one has heard of. And people wonder why I never get a second date. Course, I rarely get the 1st one either.
Not a single guy here but just peaking to see what's what. Thought I'd jump in to say you're not alone re: Repo. Saw it at the movies a few months ago. I love it. The other half, not so much. Excellent choice!
RickinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #22
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyDaPooh82 View Post
300 $ for a ticket sure is expensive! I paid mine 195 $ and I was pretty close too. But that was the most expensive ticket I've ever paid in my life. But it was worth every penny.

Celine's Las Vegas show on dvd is nice. And you got that right. There are some hotties dancing around on that stage. Yummy (Is yummy too gay??)
LOL yummy is good, but fabulous is too gay lol!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #23
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyDaPooh82 View Post
Tell me about the Simpsons ride. Last time I went to Universal, it wasn't opened yet and I rode the Back to the Future ride.

Is it the same kind of ride? Is it worth the wait if you're a Simpsons fan?
It uses the same ride principle (motion simulator), but the motions have been re-programmed and their are new 4-D effects (water, smells). And of course a new film. It is totally worth the wait, especially for a Simpsons fan!! You definitely have to ride it more than once, you'll be laughing to hard to hear all the jokes the first time through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickinNYC View Post
Not a single guy here but just peaking to see what's what. Thought I'd jump in to say you're not alone re: Repo. Saw it at the movies a few months ago. I love it. The other half, not so much. Excellent choice!
I've seen Repo 4 times now. 3 in Austin when it first opened, the once here in Dallas. I'm actually a very small Paris Hilton fan now because she did such a good job in Repo. I believe the DVD is supposed to come out the end of this month!! I can't wait!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #24
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It uses the same ride principle (motion simulator), but the motions have been re-programmed and their are new 4-D effects (water, smells). And of course a new film. It is totally worth the wait, especially for a Simpsons fan!! You definitely have to ride it more than once, you'll be laughing to hard to hear all the jokes the first time through.

I've seen Repo 4 times now. 3 in Austin when it first opened, the once here in Dallas. I'm actually a very small Paris Hilton fan now because she did such a good job in Repo. I believe the DVD is supposed to come out the end of this month!! I can't wait!!!
*Gasp* Paris Hilton Fan!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #25
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
*Gasp* Paris Hilton Fan!!!!!!!!!!!
Very small one. And pretty much only in Repo.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #26
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

Although I am not single, I think its hard to find a decent relationship an even harder as a friend to find someone else a decent relationship.

My bestfriend has been single since she graduated grad school. She's a doctor, lives alone, has a beautiful place, loads of cash and she still is single (again not that any of this matters in terms of true love, but it least should help with a short term fling). I've tried to hook her up with a few guys, but nothing ever pans out beyond a date or two.

I don't think its her, I just think people tend to move quickly in this, I want everything now society, and she wants to take it more slowly.

By the way, Glen, where abouts are you in Ontario? I love going to Toronto. Last time I was there was a few years ago for a auto club meet, and I stayed at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre (near the CN Tower).
Old 01-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #27
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr View Post
Although I am not single, I think its hard to find a decent relationship an even harder as a friend to find someone else a decent relationship.

My bestfriend has been single since she graduated grad school. She's a doctor, lives alone, has a beautiful place, loads of cash and she still is single (again not that any of this matters in terms of true love, but it least should help with a short term fling). I've tried to hook her up with a few guys, but nothing ever pans out beyond a date or two.

I don't think its her, I just think people tend to move quickly in this, I want everything now society, and she wants to take it more slowly.

By the way, Glen, where abouts are you in Ontario? I love going to Toronto. Last time I was there was a few years ago for a auto club meet, and I stayed at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre (near the CN Tower).
jlewisinsyr i pm'd u

and I want to see Repo never was out around here.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #28
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
jlewisinsyr i pm'd u

and I want to see Repo never was out around here.
It was out in Toronto for a bit. go to the website, it should have DVD details somewhere hopefully. If its still coming out this month. www.repo-opera.com
Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #29
bennyb98
Mouseketeer

I haven't posted on here in ages but I figured I would since I seem to quality for this topic.

Anyways, my divas would have to be the Divine Ms. M and Cher of course!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #30
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was out in Toronto for a bit. go to the website, it should have DVD details somewhere hopefully. If its still coming out this month. www.repo-opera.com
yeah i was probably working 7 days a week when it was out and going to toronto at that point.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: