Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2009, 08:18 AM   #106
DisBride2009
Dog The Bounty Hunter Fan

Congrats!

Hey congrats to the new happy engaged couple . What a romantic engagement with the castle background. My fiance did the same with me and it was the happiest day of my life. I don't have any pics to put up right now, but I will be sure to add them. Again....CONGRATS!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #107
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisBride2009 View Post
Hey congrats to the new happy engaged couple . What a romantic engagement with the castle background. My fiance did the same with me and it was the happiest day of my life. I don't have any pics to put up right now, but I will be sure to add them. Again....CONGRATS!
Thank you and congrats to you too! Are you planning a Disney Wedding?
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #108
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

Glad to hear you liked the Biergarten! I want to try that one, and know we would like the selections, but I am waiting for a larger group to be with us due to the seating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post

Soarin’ was next and since we had FPs to use, we walked to the return line. Since there were no more FPs for the real return time, she instructed us to follow the group to our right as there was a CM that we were to follow. Umm ok. There was a family of about 6, one in a wheelchair and then a mother and son. We asked them if this was the FP return and they all said yes as we thought they were being taken in the back way due to the wheelchair.
The CM comes out and takes us up the exit ramp and then into an unmarked door. In this door, through a dark hallway, through another door that led us outside! It was dark, no one was around and the CM says, “please wait here.” He heads inside and we all look at each other like we’ve just been punk’d because it didn’t seem right. Of course the camera was put away because we were going on a ride and I didn’t think to take it out during our backstage detour. The CM came back shortly and let us in through another door. Dan and I were last behind everyone. We ended up right in front of the line where they break off the groups into the loading area. Cool! He left us and another CM took over. She said to turn around as we were to be loaded into the first area which meant Dan and I got row 1! It was a first! [/IMG]
That's awesome! A free backstage tour AND front row!

Quote:

[/IMG]
This picture could easily be a Christmas Card!

Quote:

As we were leaving, they were "writing" good night in different languages with a laser onto Spaceship Earth. I wonder if they consider this EPCOT's "kiss goodnight?"

I have seen this before but only a couple of times when lingering long after Illuminations. When we were there for Christmas they had "Merry Christmas" in a bunch of different languages on it right after Illuminations.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #109
MinnieMouse7575
Give a little whistle

Joining in.

Great photos!

Congratulations on the engagment! Very cool.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #110
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

Old 01-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #111
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly815 View Post
I have seen this before but only a couple of times when lingering long after Illuminations. When we were there for Christmas they had "Merry Christmas" in a bunch of different languages on it right after Illuminations.
Aww that would be cute! They didn't write Merry Christmas when I was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMouse7575 View Post
Joining in.

Great photos!

Congratulations on the engagment! Very cool.
Thanks for reading MinnieMouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
More coming soon! Don't run out of popcorn!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 01-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #112
DWFan4Life
DIS Veteran

Congrats to your engagement. I'm new to this thread. I really enjoy reading you review. Looking forward for more reviews.

Have a nice day.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:59 PM   #113
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We took the monorail over to MK. I was so happy to be there! I booked this trip last December. Dan and I wanted badly to see all of the holiday decorations after we watched those specials. You know the ones. Samantha Brown’s, the one hosted by Raven, yes, those.

I was so happy we took our pic here today. This was in the main Hub where the flagpole was. This setup was gone the next day as they set up for the Christmas Day Parade that was scheduled to be filmed.

Once inside, we noticed everyone waiting for the 3:00 Parade of Dreams parade so we cut through the stores to make our way up Main Street. Our first priority was lunch since we hadn’t eaten a real meal in over 24 hours! We were going to just use counter service and I wanted to eat somewhere I hadn’t before so we made our way to Adventureland to El Pirata y el Perico for some taco salad. Well, there was a nice sign outside that said ‘El Pirata y el Perico is not serving today. Please enjoy food at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn in Frontierland.’ Seriously? I didn’t read that anywhere on the DIS or AllEars that it would be closed! The parade was starting in Frontierland too so we were stuck and ended up eating at Pecos Bill’s anyways. Hrumpf. By the way, we were on the Dining Plan also so I kept track of all the prices to see if 2 adults sans children made a difference. I’ll let you know at the end of the report.

I had a taco salad with chocolate chip cookie and Dan had the double cheeseburger and chocolate pudding. They didn't have the chocolate and peanut butter pie! We were shocked and appalled.

Leisure was our plan today. Enjoy the decorations, fill up our pre-purchased PhotoPass CD, fit in a ride/show here and there, and basically just enjoy each other at the Happiest Place on Earth before our dinner at O'hana. Everyone say awww...

We walked around back to Main Street since the parade was coming to an end, and scoped out photographers. **foreshadowing** While walking by Cinderella Castle, Dan said something that kinda made me think; “too bad there weren’t any photographers up by the well.” Why did that make me think? Because Dan just goes with the flow. He lets me plan, and he follows wherever with confidence in me and my fun abilities.

I suggested we head over to ride the TTA to let our lunch settle before doing anything more thrilling. This seems to be a new tradition. I love the TTA, its so relaxing.

On our way to the Tomorrowland entrance, I suggested we stop at the PhotoPass photographer at the Plaza Rose Garden. I made a mental note to come back at MVMCP to take a picture with the Castle all lit with its icicle lights.

After the last shot the photographer says “ok” and Dan replies with, “wait, just one more.”

My classy response “what do you mean ‘one more?’ Let’s go.” I had a park to see! Just then, he gets down on one knee and I LOST IT!

I don’t remember if I breathed at all but I do remember his words to me. Then he pulled out the ring box and asked to be his wife. Of course I said YES! We are in the moment and some fool yells “what did she say?!” I turn around…and say “I said yes!” and there was a gathering of, I’d guess, 15 people all of a sudden and they all broke out into applause.

We gained our composure, gathered our belongings, thanked the photographer profusely for taking as many photos as he could, and left our spot. One woman in line was even crying and her husband says to Dan, “great job!” as if he just made a presentation in front of the class or something .

Here's the ring!

We traveled on the rest of the day. We chatted about how nervous he was and we immediately started calling and texting family and friends. My head was so clouded that I didn’t know what to do! We just wandered around taking more photos and enjoying being an engaged couple for the first time.

I knew I wanted to purchase the Santa Mickey hat so we headed to the Emporium first while on the phone. It was such a strange feeling knowing this momentous occasion just occurred yet we blended in with the crowd that had no idea how special this day was to us. Almost Twilight Zone-esc. Does that make any sense?

This cute older CM was ringing up my purchases and she asked how our day was so far. I showed her the ring; she just about jumped for joy. She said that they have every other pin except for a ‘just engaged’ pin. I was so bummed. That was going to be my next stop, Town Hall. Wouldn’t you know it? When we got back I read on the DIS that they were coming out with new pins for 2009.

I had our stuff shipped back to AKL because we didn’t feel like lugging it around. We bought the hats and a mini monorail for Dan’s son.

Up next, our engagement dinner at O'hana.
Oh I am tearing to read it and what a beautiful ring...

Dan, you are clever to ask photographs taken then asked for proposed...wow...

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

Old 01-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #114
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

wow,

what a beautiful photos of obsourne light, you both look great

love your trip report ....

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

Old 01-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #115
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Test Track in the dark??? Why have I not thought of that?!?! Sounds so fun.

Where is the Candlelight Processional held? Do they just build that stage?
Old 01-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #116
avick10
Earning My Ears

Congrats on the engagement.......beautiful ring!!! And thanks for the TR....i loved reading it.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #117
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

You are much braver than I am. We are also from Massachusetts and I wouldn't dream of driving down to WDW!!

I would need to immediately find a good divorce lawyer upon arrival because my DW and I would kill each other. And we are a couple that NEVER argues!

Kudos to you!!

Jay
Old 01-19-2009, 04:19 AM   #118
MistyMoss
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm sure your DH wouldn't drink any kind of froofroo drink unless it had alkeyhol in it right?! I've had the Fiesta Margarita but I didn't know about the Mango! I'll have to tell him, for next time
No, probably not!! But he does love his Diet Pepsi straight up!!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #119
Jennifer48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFan4Life View Post
Congrats to your engagement. I'm new to this thread. I really enjoy reading you review. Looking forward for more reviews.

Have a nice day.
Thank you! and thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Oh I am tearing to read it and what a beautiful ring...

Dan, you are clever to ask photographs taken then asked for proposed...wow...

Scottishwee35
Hi Deborah! Thanks for coming over to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Test Track in the dark??? Why have I not thought of that?!?! Sounds so fun.

Where is the Candlelight Processional held? Do they just build that stage?
I know! I never thought of TT in the dark either! The Candlelight Processional is held in the America Gardens Theater right across from the America pavillion. Its always there. They hold different shows on it like during the Flower and Garden Festival they have concerts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avick10 View Post
Congrats on the engagement.......beautiful ring!!! And thanks for the TR....i loved reading it.
Thank you and thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
You are much braver than I am. We are also from Massachusetts and I wouldn't dream of driving down to WDW!!

I would need to immediately find a good divorce lawyer upon arrival because my DW and I would kill each other. And we are a couple that NEVER argues!

Kudos to you!!

Jay
Thanks for reading Jay! Its funny because DF and I commute to work together and we have an 8 mile drive and get so frustrated with MA drivers that we are yelling at people and each other by the time we get to work. We have been trying to figure out how we drove down to FL and back without killing each other!
A Road Trip Engagement
Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #120
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know! I never thought of TT in the dark either! The Candlelight Processional is held in the America Gardens Theater right across from the America pavillion. Its always there. They hold different shows on it like during the Flower and Garden Festival they have concerts.

Yet another stage that I've always wondered what it is for. We are going during Food and Wine this year so I think they use it for those concerts too. Looks prettier at Xmas!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: